Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My interaction with dual is stressful - is this normal?

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dinki View Post
    If you think you can't fight, get pissed off or stressed with your dual, you need to get out of the socionics bubble!
    /thread
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    My duals have tried to tell me how to cook things, since they're "clever" and have "mastered" the best way (......)

The other day an ILE told me that the color I wanted to paint my dresser was "gaudy" and that I should use a "stain rather than a paint." He told me that he knew better because he had studied color theory.
    AGHHH LIEs do this to me alllllll the time. but so does my mom. but she sucks at a lot of things though she tries so hard.
    LIE friend irl thinks he's perfect and has mastered everything. so wha? I like to try things out for myself... sure, the new dish I made was DISGUSTING. i just won't make it again.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ on unrelated note.. I broke his faucet by accident. He was so pissed and couldn't wrap his head around that I accidentally broke it...somehow, (i don't even know how.. didn't do anything spectacular to it, just pushed it up for on, down for off.) he was convinced I did it on purpose... hurt my feelings. And I cried. like a useless puddle. I tried to fix it but I was kind of just in the way. I did pay for parts. Thank goodness he was able to fix it. and the damn thing turned out to be really really old and needed replacing anyways.

I....have a a tendency to not be perfect a lot of the time. and I might zone out for a few moments and break something. burn something. spill something. miss my exit. doesn't happen all the time. but enough.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    ^ on unrelated note.. I broke his faucet by accident. He was so pissed and couldn't wrap his head around that I accidentally broke it...somehow, (i don't even know how.. didn't do anything spectacular to it, just pushed it up for on, down for off.) he was convinced I did it on purpose... hurt my feelings. And I cried. like a useless puddle. I tried to fix it but I was kind of just in the way. I did pay for parts. Thank goodness he was able to fix it. and the damn thing turned out to be really really old and needed replacing anyways.

I....have a a tendency to not be perfect a lot of the time. and I might zone out for a few moments and break something. burn something. spill something. miss my exit. doesn't happen all the time. but enough.
    Get back in the kitchen and quit breaking shit

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI are insane (especially the women due to estrogen) on the inside, it gets worse as they get older.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    IEI are insane (especially the women due to estrogen) on the inside, it gets worse as they get older.
    Some people get worse as they get older, regardless of their type; but, I've discovered that people come to know their best self just before their exist to life.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    My duals have tried to tell me how to cook things, since they're "clever" and have "mastered" the best way (......)

The other day an ILE told me that the color I wanted to paint my dresser was "gaudy" and that I should use a "stain rather than a paint." He told me that he knew better because he had studied color theory.
    Ne, Ne, Ne.......

I try telling an LSE to do something [fill in a number of things], then I get a wall of "no" then followed by thinking then followed by trying it themselves and then by liking what I asked them to do in the first place; results could have been achieved much more efficiently and conserved time HAD THEY DONE IT THE WAY I SUGGESTED IN THE FIRST PLACE. *but* try saying that to an LSE!!!! Response is "you're controlling."

Me: *********DIES************
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Some people get worse as they get older, regardless of their type; but, I've discovered that people come to know their best self just before their exist to life.
    Come to know there best self just before their exist to life?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    Come to know there best self just before their exist to life?
    Yeah, I've seen it happen many times; my SLE friend, a few months before he had a massive heart attack was speaking to me about his mistakes with women he's made in life; he was unshakable optimistic that he was going to build himself up to being a strong man again and find what he NOW knew was exactly the type of woman who was the right match for him; I asked him to describe the woman and him never having known any type in socionics, began to describe the characteristics of his duals, in such vivid detail that it left me at shock because I had never since, in any conversation with another human being known anyone who know exactly what would in another person substitute their selves; it was a beautiful enlightened moment but a sad one too because he left shortly after. I hope his spirit, energy, transforms into another SLE's heart. He was a wonderful friend.
    -

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope his spirit, energy, transforms into another SLE's heart. He was a wonderful friend.
    So that's what happens when we die?

ESIs of the world. beware..

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Duality that doesn't work?

Has anybody experienced that?
    I just got out of a relationship with my "dual" and well it was far away from perfect to say the least.
    Sincerely Yours,

Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

The Rebel without a cause.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never. I'm in love with each and every one of my duals. It's like a wonderland.

(I'm kidding). (and yes, naturally).

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Yes. As far as talking & joking around, we 'clicked' and everything, and were able to help each other through problems we had in life. But, overall, our lives were going in different directions, and I'm not sure that we completely stood for the same things. I think this was more shaped by our separate experiences growing up, than the interaction itself.
    Yes I am starting to think the past experiences and the current conditions of each person can affect the relationship between two people very drastically.

The LSI I was dating was extremely sensitive and would take everything very seriously and even tho I found the seriousness attractive on the first glance the same trait made us move our own ways. We were arguing all the time because he would take all my words very personally. He had a very damaging relationship with his ex and he is still feeling very bitter about it. They have a son together and his main focus is his son as his ex(Exxp) parties all the time and doesn't take proper care of him as he says. So he works lots and most of the free time he has he spends with his son as he is only 3. From what I have gathered he is looking for someone very stable yet at the same time flexible. I wouldn't call myself the most stable nor flexible person.
    I found a lot of his personality traits attractive and I am sure the feeling was mutual. We had same goals and same understanding of how things should work. Yet somehow it didn't work out. In two weeks time he went from "I want you to meet my parents to I don't think being with you is right. You are stressing me out."
    Last edited by sarinana; 10-24-2013 at 12:26 AM.
    Sincerely Yours,

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the other note I got an LSI friend of a different subtype whose past life experiences were more similar to mine and we get on just great. Makes you wonder...
    Sincerely Yours,

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course many dualities will not 'click'. It's not important imo if someone is or not your dual, it's more important if it clicks. When this happens, it's rare and priceless.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Air View Post
    Of course many dualities will not 'click'. It's not important imo if someone is or not your dual, it's more important if it clicks. When this happens, it's rare and priceless.
    sounds like shooting a raccoon.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've said this in another thread, but I'm not as interested in the IEI-Ni's. They're kinda low energy. Considering it takes a long time for my energy to ramp up, I need someone who is already up there for me to sorta rendeznevous with. It feels like a drag when the other person's enthusiasm is dependant upon my own. So I generally look for the IEI-Fe 2's, 4's, 7's and 8's. I'm not sure if IEI-Fe 8's exist, but there's a gal I met who claims to be one, so, I guess its possible.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yes, it doesn't work sometimes for many reasons, Sari. It's not because of Socionics and information system. It's because of external events and factors.
    -

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics is flawless, duality is flawless, okay? :3

Trust the professionals for your relationship needs.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    I've said this in another thread, but I'm not as interested in the IEI-Ni's. They're kinda low energy. Considering it takes a long time for my energy to ramp up, I need someone who is already up there for me to sorta rendeznevous with. It feels like a drag when the other person's enthusiasm is dependant upon my own. So I generally look for the IEI-Fe 2's, 4's, 7's and 8's. I'm not sure if IEI-Fe 8's exist, but there's a gal I met who claims to be one, so, I guess its possible.
    That makes sense because you are being activated by Fe, enthusiasm.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LSE Si 7 with buffalo meat still works best for me
    -

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People often don't get along with their duals for many reasons. If someone spends a lot of time in an environment dominated by another quadra, one comes to expect the functions that quadra offers. And so even Duality is obscured because they aren't giving us what we have learned to expect. With any person, there are always individual foibles and values that differ greatly. Some people are just fucked up, for lack of a better word.

Aristocratic quadras are also an interesting exception: they often have lots of internal disagreements as well as fighting wars on external fronts. So there is going to be a lot of value-based splitting going on.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LSE Si 7 with buffalo meat still works best for me
    This is the reason I don't trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u just need to change their batteries then they are good to go
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    Aristocratic quadras are also an interesting exception: they often have lots of internal disagreements as well as fighting wars on external fronts. So there is going to be a lot of value-based splitting going on.
    I can attest to that. In real life those were like constant explosions.

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ananke View Post
    I dated only IEI-Nis so far, but I can see how IEI-Fes can be more instantly rewarding, though I fear I'd find them fluffy and even boring in the long run.

IEIs are E4s or E9s. The other types you mention are either delusions, not IEIs or not the Etypes you claim they are.
    I disagree with this. Any type in one system can theoretically be any type in another. Even though I'm not one myself, I've known ILI 4s for example. Nietzsche is a great example of an IEI 5.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

At least you're not fluffy.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ananke View Post
    I dated only IEI-Nis so far, but I can see how IEI-Fes can be more instantly rewarding, though I fear I'd find them fluffy and even boring in the long run.

IEIs are E4s or E9s. The other types you mention are either delusions, not IEIs or not the Etypes you claim they are.
    I will allow you to believe that.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The same LSI has a Beta NF bestfriend who could be his dual, however he won't go out with her because he doesn't find her attractive. Well here you go. There is more to attraction than duality on its own.
    Sincerely Yours,

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sarinana View Post
    The same LSI has a Beta NF bestfriend who could be his dual, however he won't go out with her because he doesn't find her attractive. Well here you go. There is more to attraction than duality on its own.
    I used to believe more in duality. Nowadays I find that there are lots of couples who get along very well and are not duals. Furthermore your dual is basically so different from yourself that you can be judging, non-comprehensive, or just find boring or funny many of his traits. Imo ST types tend to get along well and also with SF types in intimate relationships, but definitely Sensor may seem more attractive to another Sensor and therefore generate more desire than Intuitive. And perhaps that applies for Intuitives too.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In any healthy relationship there are multiple areas in which a partner wants to dominate and the other is willing to submit. If in those areas both want to dominate, it's going to cause friction. If both partners are willing to submit in an area and neither wants to dominate, they will begin to see each other as dull and uninteresting. Success in an intimate relationship thus revolves around coinciding in the areas each want to dominate and submit.

In theory, a Socionics dual dominates you in the areas you're willing to submit and submits to you in the areas you want to dominate in. However, not everyone acts naturally in concordance with their type. For example, there is people who has enough life experience to transcend their type limitations. This kind of people needs a dual that has also taken a similar evolution path. Over time, it is likely that both will return to their natural preferences, but keeping symmetry is a fundamental factor to keep the relationship working smooth. I think a common mistake for many people is that, as they age and settle on preferences and opinions, they strive to dominate their partners on everything.

It all comes down to the fact that Socionics explains types and interactions between types, which are simple and predictable combinations of operating modes but that people develops unique ways to combine them over time, which we call personality.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    ENTp or ILE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recently, a friend and I had a falling out. She was my dual. I really tried to help her in everyway that I could but sometimes only a professional can really help. She had some psychological problems and a terrible childhood. Sometimes I wonder if what I did even helped her at all...

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Filambee View Post
    Recently, a friend and I had a falling out. She was my dual. I really tried to help her in everyway that I could but sometimes only a professional can really help. She had some psychological problems and a terrible childhood. Sometimes I wonder if what I did even helped her at all...
    People can be really messed up sometimes. Occasionally it can be so severe that it takes years or even decades to heal. No joke. And sometimes, those wounds never heal without the proper help.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

How about "human beings that don't work" that's better than saying "duality that doesn't work"
    -

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    People often don't get along with their duals for many reasons. If someone spends a lot of time in an environment dominated by another quadra, one comes to expect the functions that quadra offers. And so even Duality is obscured because they aren't giving us what we have learned to expect. With any person, there are always individual foibles and values that differ greatly. Some people are just fucked up, for lack of a better word.

This. Almost all duals I've met had totally different values from me. From omg, we can only chat about Socionics to wtf this person is a fucked-up asshole. I don't know if it's because you expect info or values from other Elements or Quadras. I suppose it's an extremely different life experience. If one spends most time with books and the other only plays videogames by default, you can only count on "help from above" to make anything work.
    Last edited by Amber; 01-03-2014 at 09:22 PM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sarinana View Post
    Yes I am starting to think the past experiences and the current conditions of each person can affect the relationship between two people very drastically.

The LSI I was dating was extremely sensitive and would take everything very seriously and even tho I found the seriousness attractive on the first glance the same trait made us move our own ways. We were arguing all the time because he would take all my words very personally. He had a very damaging relationship with his ex and he is still feeling very bitter about it. They have a son together and his main focus is his son as his ex(Exxp) parties all the time and doesn't take proper care of him as he says. So he works lots and most of the free time he has he spends with his son as he is only 3. From what I have gathered he is looking for someone very stable yet at the same time flexible. I wouldn't call myself the most stable nor flexible person.
    I found a lot of his personality traits attractive and I am sure the feeling was mutual. We had same goals and same understanding of how things should work. Yet somehow it didn't work out. In two weeks time he went from "I want you to meet my parents to I don't think being with you is right. You are stressing me out."
    from what I know EIE is not flexible. My sister is one. But stable they are. I'm also skeptical about duality when it's about more than friendship. I've only dated 2 duals, neither experience led to a relationship. We lived in totally different worlds. It's like nothing of what is vitally important to me was part of their priorities in life. We could only go out and party in clubs. And with one talk socionics as the main intellectual topic.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

they have quite rigid views about how people should behave and how relationships between them should proceed. But hey, I'm not saying I'm a teddy bear myself. It's just that for me it's more like "if it helps you advance in your career, do this" or "if it makes money, go for it". While her expectations seem less rooted in reality imho. I guess she's more idealistic, if I'm to use a soft term. EIE is stable in the sense that they have a goal in mind and gather all their forces to reach it. And eyes on the long term. For me it's relaxing cause I know my sister won't do totally unpredictable shit and I can rely on her. I kind of know what she would do and what she would never, given her general beliefs. So that's why I've been asking about duality stories here. It's weird, but, as explained above, in dating duality sucked.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Honestly, if you came to me and said "Maritsa, I think Jeffrey Dahmer (emotionally manipulating serial killer) is my dual...oh I LOVE him!!!" I would say "yes, honey, that may be true BUT HE KILLS PEOPLE FOR A LIVING" Lesson: yes, he may be your dual, but he's a terrible horrible human being who promotes and sustains a harmful environment perpetually. Someone who attracts a following, gets emotionally butt hurt easily, leaves with that entourage is a DANGEROUS PERSON. I can't tell people enough times. Yes, he may be your dual, but you want to look at the person that he is not the type.
    -

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Jeffrey Dahmer is my dual and that Killing people for a living is both hot and lucerative! Look at all those TV shows!

aaaahhhh my Jeffrey...

Thank you Martisa for introducing us!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast