according to the theory. lol

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socionics

i think all the text starting from "Recent research conducted by Elena Olkova . . ." all the way through the "Mathematics" section should probably be deleted. that stuff is all too in-depth and technical - it could be posted up on Wikisocion somewhere, but not in a general article about Socionics.

iirc, that article used to list each MBTI type as the "equivalent" of a certain sociotype (e.g. Socionics ILE = Myers-Briggs ENTP). i no longer see that anywhere on the page, so it's good to see that it's apparently been removed.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

socionics could be subjected to empirical research, but doing so would completely transform the theory. 95% of all of it's claims wouldn't survive the process.

it would also not be a very spectacular thing to restrict the research to empirical testing, because the result would almost certainly be that socionics as it is currently formulated doesn't predict experimental results accurately. The focus would have to be on how the claims can be adjusted to reflect more or less the same perceived phenomenon, but also yield predictive results.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    socionics could be subjected to empirical research, but doing so would completely transform the theory. 95% of all of it's claims wouldn't survive the process.

it would also not be a very spectacular thing to restrict the research to empirical testing, because the result would almost certainly be that socionics as it is currently formulated doesn't predict experimental results accurately. The focus would have to be on how the claims can be adjusted to reflect more or less the same perceived phenomenon, but also yield predictive results.
    The current type and relationship descriptions are the results of empirical investigating. The majority of people have no problem with those descriptions, therefor I don't see where this rewriting 95% comes from. It has little use I think.

I also don't see why socionics would predict any less than for example personality disorders which is well comparable to it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i did not reach the conclusions by very reliable means that's for sure. haha anyway, i tend to think that work related concerns would be expressed by the child through a relation of benefit, while health related concerns would be expressed through the child's Si polr. evidently this holds no water.

my mother had work concerns about me and i am her beneficiary. i have more to say about this in my response to starfall.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often