Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Particles and Functions

If we think of people as particles of the socion, then would these descriptions of the functions be accurate?

Extroverted intuition - observation of the post-interaction state of external functions
    Extroverted sensing - observation of present external function states
    Introverted intuition - observation of one's own post-interaction state
    Introverted sensing - observation of one's present state
    Extroverted feeling - observation of external function strengths
    Extroverted thinking - prioritization of external functions according to their strengths
    Introverted feeling - observation of one's own function strengths
    Introverted thinking - prioritization of one's own functions

Extroversion - observation of the world
    Introversion - observation of oneself
    Intuition - observation of future states
    Sensing - observation of present states
    Feeling - observation of function strength levels
    Thinking - rearrangement of function heiarchies
    Judgement - restraint
    Perception - action

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no. to begin, your definition of extroversion excludes the extrovert from observing oneself. and we all know that extroverts are capable and very often do observe themselves.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like these. There are a few I don't understand, but most of them seem like decent summaries of the use of functions.

Extroverted feeling - observation of external function strengths
    Extroverted thinking - prioritization of external functions according to their strengths
    Could you explain this for example? Sounds serious and complicated, but I don't think I get it.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tc: the validity of seeing the mechanisms of material reality (i.e. physics) as analagous to the mechanisms of the psyche has never been established. we have yet to be shown how "the psyche is symmetric to the physical universe".

psychorelativity seeks certainty? isn't that science? it seems you use different words but say the same things that have already been said.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    + + crack - - - females = tcaud
    Elaborate, I don't understand.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariano Rajoy
    tc: the validity of seeing the mechanisms of material reality (i.e. physics) as analagous to the mechanisms of the psyche has never been established. we have yet to be shown how "the psyche is symmetric to the physical universe".

psychorelativity seeks certainty? isn't that science? it seems you use different words but say the same things that have already been said.
    Think of points of the cosmos, then, as synonomous with personalities, only on a different scale. The particles/points of the universe are all personalities whose destiny is to interact with each other. In time their interaction patterns perfectly repeat themselves, cycling time in a never ending loop.

I don't want to go into specifics here, because it is completely off the topic of socionics types proper. The point is that the functions of socionics are respective to any single particle of a system in terms of its strengths, weaknesses, and apparent nature.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg

Think of points of the cosmos, then, as synonomous with personalities, only on a different scale. The particles/points of the universe are all personalities whose destiny is to interact with each other. In time their interaction patterns perfectly repeat themselves, cycling time in a never ending loop.

I don't want to go into specifics here, because it is completely off the topic of socionics types proper. The point is that the functions of socionics are respective to any single particle of a system in terms of its strengths, weaknesses, and apparent nature.
    your analogy is pointless and gives no greater understanding than what we already have. furthermore, your terminology is ambiguous. "points of the cosmos"?
    LII

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your analogy is pointless and gives no greater understanding than what we already have. furthermore, your terminology is ambiguous. "points of the cosmos"?
    Points of the cosmos: spatial units that are as small as small can be. Their dimensions in terms of length, width, and height are the Planck length, which is about 10^-32 meters. An electron could be considered a system of exchanges of energy between these points. Think the pixels of a cursor as it moves along your monitor: the points on the screen change to reflect the cursor's position on it.

Psychorelativity defines causal circumstances as self-adaptations of points in response to exchanges of function strength levels between each other. Therefore the causal universe, or any defined system of two or more points, can be expressed in terms of relational adaptations.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Tcautilldg, I think what you wrote has some validity. The perceiving function descriptions seem very accurate to me. The judging functions though don't discern enough to decipher why thinking and feeling are so different. Perhaps you should elaborate more on each of your statements, since they are very general. Though, maybe you just wanted to state the general idea of how each function works and that is fine too.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Free_Thinker
    [Spacey elaboration] + [timely elaboration] + [crack cocaine] - [spacey thought] - [timely thought] - [pussy] = a really spaced out guy who has alot of time on his hands to elaborate and does not have the brains to back it, and it wouldn't matter cause he isn't getting much pussy anyhow.

Is that more clear?

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    [Spacey elaboration] + [timely elaboration] + [crack cocaine] - [spacey thought] - [timely thought] - [pussy] = a really spaced out guy who has alot of time on his hands to elaborate and does not have the brains to back it, and it wouldn't matter cause he isn't getting much pussy anyhow.

Is that more clear?
    I see what your saying, but I think you mixed it around. He does have the brain to elaborate, but won't execute the time or effort to back it up.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew

Is that more clear?
    I see what your saying, but I think you mixed it around. He does have the brain to elaborate, but won't execute the time or effort to back it up.
    Could be ...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Points of the cosmos: spatial units that are as small as small can be. Their dimensions in terms of length, width, and height are the Planck length, which is about 10^-32 meters. An electron could be considered a system of exchanges of energy between these points. Think the pixels of a cursor as it moves along your monitor: the points on the screen change to reflect the cursor's position on it.

Psychorelativity defines causal circumstances as self-adaptations of points in response to exchanges of function strength levels between each other. Therefore the causal universe, or any defined system of two or more points, can be expressed in terms of relational adaptations.
    despite your insistence on using terminology to cloud the fact that you are not saying anything, i will make the point for you that you are trying to make. 1. the universe is a causal mechanism. 2. the universe consists of "points" which are related to each other causally. 3. by analogy, the psyche is a "point" and therefore subject to causal laws. 4. hence the attempt by yourself to quantify the psyche through the use of mathematics.

in the future, make your arguments and posts more transparent. no need to show off your extensive vocabulary. simplify to demonstrate your understanding, if indeed you have some new understanding as you claim.
    LII

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Particles and Functions

If we think of people as particles of the socion, then would these descriptions of the functions be accurate?
    i am not sure why we would want to, but ok. so, a particle is a "spatial unit" that is "as small as small can be". your definition of "particle" as "space" is confusing and i am not convinced that you understand what you have written because you have not given a determination at what point "particle becomes space". such a determination would have huge implications for your system, and because you have not even mentioned it makes me think that i am giving this way too much of my time.

Extroverted intuition - observation of the post-interaction state of external functions
    what about the fact that intuition is about future possibilities? what does your definition of extroverted intuition have to do with "particles"?
    Extroverted sensing - observation of present external function states
    i was under the impression that sensors relied on senses, or the material world, not "function states". what does function states mean anyways? more silly terminology.
    Introverted intuition - observation of one's own post-interaction state
    again, i don't associate intuition with post. more with pre.
    Introverted sensing - observation of one's present state
    too bad this definition has absolutely nothing to do with extroverted sensing. every valid system i have seen distinguishes between the two, yet acknowledges some similarity.

i could go on, but there are too many inconsistencies to take it seriously

you dont even understand that thinking/feeling are both judging functions; hence your labeling of feeling as an observation in your first post.
    LII

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a good way to gain understanding or compose something beautiful:

1. begin with an axiom. an axiom is a sentence or proposition that is taken for granted as true, and serves as a starting point for deducing other truths. it doesn't have to taken as truth, but it gives a starting point. the more explicit and delineated the better, as this shows the amount of thought put into the exercise.

2. the axiom will give an implicit direction in which to look for building blocks upon which to build upon the axiom. these building blocks fit with the axiom, and give insights into both the axiom, and the building blocks themselves.

3. the entire system doesn't have to consist of many parts. a few will do if the level of understanding is sufficient. just spend a sufficient amount of time in contemplation.
    LII

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Particles and Functions

what about the fact that intuition is about future possibilities?

again, i don't associate intuition with post. more with pre
    ASTOUNDING REBUTTAL