View Poll Results: What was the sociotype of Carl Jung?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

3 4.00%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

20 26.67%
  • SLE (ESTp)

1 1.33%
  • IEI (INFp)

18 24.00%
  • EIE (ENFj)

0 0%
  • LSI (ISTj)

6 8.00%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

22 29.33%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

1 1.33%
  • SLI (ISTp)

1 1.33%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

3 4.00%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Carl Jung's type

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dead account View Post
    I think I had a conversation with gulenko's team some months ago about Jung's type, and they told me he thinks Jung was an IEI. likely N or H subtype
    Yeah, likely N subtype since he focused heavily on Ti theory but also wanted to value people on an individual Fi basis by not wanting to quickly lump anyone.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI. Tritype 259? The Problem Solver

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he VIs like Popeye.

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think that Jung looks like an IEI. He has a soft, curious, and open look about him.

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking 14Raptor19's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carl Jung was an ISTP. He did a lot of tests, experiments. INTPs and INFPs and all of them are thoughtful, not results oriented. He also, despite being esoteric, focus on reality, on the supernatural, on the mystical, but he's really not that playful or romantic like INxP. He does things in an orderly, predictive way. I find other ISTPs such as Bruce Lee to be very enigmatic and revolutionary in a grandiose, all world embarking magic, so even though I think that Carl Jung was the same type as Bruce Lee, Jung would ne nowhere near Lee's level. Jung is also not very random or rational, so he can't be an INTP, where there's boxes and facts on everything. He's also not INFP, because he doesn't flow well. But what about all the people saying he's INFJ? That's also not true, because Jung is not that imperious, domineering, or controlling. J is completely absent in his personality.

Personally, I find ISTP and INxP more interesting than INFJ usually, because P is universal, expansive, redefining, unleashed. INFJ is just generally new age traps and illusion. So I'm kind of taking Carl Jung as someone similar to Me as an INTP, but 1 letter different, ISTP. Some traits in common yes, but no Bruce Lee level ISTP.
    Raptor had to lose in 2006 to become Revan, important errands of knighthood and valor to walk with Pokemon and charm the melodies of sweet channels to lush frenzy galloping solo yet swiftly into the sunrise for maximum presents and signed in deluxe oceans of fast trading cards bazooka cascading rumba of love Force constellations restoring last battle cardinal plants actively swirling for juice and petals to wishes
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was anyone interested in Jung before socionics? I’ll confess my knowledge was limited. But I had been drawn to him by quotes and watched a documentary on him which really moved me. I had a quote of his on my dating profile once and remember an Estp being really impressed by it. Not that this means much, but sometimes things do mean things. Open to non-IEI.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obvious LSI. Ni-HA and Ti base with Si+Se.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    Was anyone interested in Jung before socionics? I’ll confess my knowledge was limited. But I had been drawn to him by quotes and watched a documentary on him which really moved me. I had a quote of his on my dating profile once and remember an Estp being really impressed by it. Not that this means much, but sometimes things do mean things. Open to non-IEI.
    I was interested in the collective unconscious, which is why I imported his book from UK Waterstones "The Archetypes and the Collective Unconscious". This kind of thing is highly interesting to ppl with Ni-HA imo.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    Obvious LSI. Ni-HA and Ti base with Si+Se.

I was interested in the collective unconscious, which is why I imported his book from UK Waterstones "The Archetypes and the Collective Unconscious". This kind of thing is highly interesting to ppl with Ni-HA imo.
    Makes me think of my LSI colleague, talking about David Lynch. We were talking about the new Twin Peaks (it’s quite surreal) and I couldn't remember it very well. I asked him 'but what was the point/message of the show?' and he said- 'that you can't change the past'. It really stuck with me and sometimes when I'm worrying about the past I think about him saying this and find it a comfort.
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 04-09-2021 at 08:06 AM.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it might be the pipe you got there, bud.

Everyone is LSI. Jung is Elon Musk.

I'll just go the easy route and say INTp/INFp. His own quote, which I'll paraphrase, was "I'm probably INTp or something, but it doesn't matter at all." Makes sense to me.

He said he was INTp/ISTp, but I'm gonna say specifically that he's probably not ISTp if you use socionics definitions. They're supposed to be, uh, not making up crap.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Carl Jung was an ISTP. He did a lot of tests, experiments. INTPs and INFPs and all of them are thoughtful, not results oriented. He also, despite being esoteric, focus on reality, on the supernatural, on the mystical, but he's really not that playful or romantic like INxP. He does things in an orderly, predictive way. I find other ISTPs such as Bruce Lee to be very enigmatic and revolutionary in a grandiose, all world embarking magic, so even though I think that Carl Jung was the same type as Bruce Lee, Jung would ne nowhere near Lee's level. Jung is also not very random or rational, so he can't be an INTP, where there's boxes and facts on everything. He's also not INFP, because he doesn't flow well. But what about all the people saying he's INFJ? That's also not true, because Jung is not that imperious, domineering, or controlling. J is completely absent in his personality.

Personally, I find ISTP and INxP more interesting than INFJ usually, because P is universal, expansive, redefining, unleashed. INFJ is just generally new age traps and illusion. So I'm kind of taking Carl Jung as someone similar to Me as an INTP, but 1 letter different, ISTP. Some traits in common yes, but no Bruce Lee level ISTP.
    So you're saying INTp doesn't do tests? Carl Jung was Bruce Lee. He's quasident to Elon Musk. John arbuckle, is Donald Trump. It all makes sense. Thanks. You really blew my mind with that one. What is INTp to ISTp? Lookalike. Why did I ask that? No reason.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After taking G's 1st class, I realize that Jung is actually LSI-H. I read some compelling reasoning behind it, but mainly if you read any of Jung's works, it's almost purely Ti and it's crazy over the top intellectual. IEI is weak with Ti and wouldn't be able to erect the conceptual structures that Jung did.

Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carl Jung seems really weird, really big bang cause and effect unknown, like what he studied and explored was so bizarre, so freaky, so nightmarish, you might almost wonder if Jung was ISFP rather than ISTP, an occultist! I never really thought of that before, but now I'm wondering at least a bit, what if Carl Jung was at the very least very similar or even the same type as ISFP?
    Raptor had to lose in 2006 to become Revan, important errands of knighthood and valor to walk with Pokemon and charm the melodies of sweet channels to lush frenzy galloping solo yet swiftly into the sunrise for maximum presents and signed in deluxe oceans of fast trading cards bazooka cascading rumba of love Force constellations restoring last battle cardinal plants actively swirling for juice and petals to wishes

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI. He screams Ti and looks a lot like an LSI female I know, chinese eyes, the nose, the glasses...

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

didn't know that LSI had a strong mental imagination that helps them draw symbolic images that aren't based on reality

https://www.google.com/search?q=carl...&bih=598&dpr=2

IEI, N or H subtype
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Gulenko’s site about LSI-H subtype

Harmonizing LSI subtype in Humanitarian Socionics
    Inspector Picky

Differs in disgust. Choosing food. Drinks a lot of fluids. He is sensitive to children and weak animals. He rarely puts things in order on his territory. He values things primarily from their aesthetic side. Bad organizer, albeit ambitious.
    It is hard to endure strife, although it cannot curb its irritability. Seeks compromises. Knows how to adapt or please those on whom he depends. Provides small services, is helpful and helpful. But in the end, he does everything as it is convenient for him.
    Able to change his mind at the last minute. Due to lengthy procedures, he tends to be late for events.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

259 tritype description
    If you are a 259, you are caring, knowledgeable and accepting. You want to be helpful, wise and peaceful. You have a very shy, gentle and reserved nature that focuses on what is harmonious. You need companionship and avoid loneliness by focusing on the needs and concerns of others.
    Your life mission is to find the information needed to help others manage their difficulties. A true problem solver, you are happiest when you are able to be in the role of a good Samaritan and help others find solutions.
    You can be so focused on the helpful information you have collected that you can be too passive and miss opportunities that would allow true presence. You also have great pride in giving to others but not needing them.
    your growing edge is to recognize that hesitating too long and being passive to avoid conflict does not keep the peace. true harmony comes from being in attunement with what is essential and in tending to it what is needed and when it is needed.
    the 954 is more contemplative and the the 952 will be more focused on others
    9s have a great capacity for depth, they just avoid conflict. Introspective 9s with 5 in the tritype are the intellectual 9s.
    The two most passive Tritypes are the 259 and the 269. They are both Tritypes that try to avoid conflict and keep the peace. Both are shy and somewhat withdrawn like the 459. But, the 2 brings active helpfulness which is why both of these Tritypes are good Samaritans. The 269 is the most defined by the motivation to help regardless which type is dominant. The 259 is more reserved and helps by problem solving.
    925 is one of the helping types. only the 926 is more helpful. This Tritype can be introverted and/or hesitant. When 9 is in charge this Tritype is often good at assessing situations but can have trouble knowing their own preferences and taking actions on their own behalf. Like the 269 the 259 is inclined to more passive than aggressive and can be reluctant to voice their views. They make great behavioral scientists and researchers.
    592: Accepting and caring 5. Most gentle, kind-hearted 5. Tends to be passive 6 wing.

TIM
    LII 5w6-1w9-2w1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Russian forums it seems that many vote for ILI. But I'm still open for LSI, IEI. Anyway he said that he is a Ti type and It seems that in the 1925 lectures he hinted for LSI.

But I haven't read enough of his works yet. I think he is somewhat relied on his Ni but it's not necessarily his base function.
    Last edited by CR400AF; 04-29-2021 at 03:27 AM.

TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carl Jung was using a lot of Ni, and it seemed really rattling and powerful, but I just don't see him as a judging type. He was too blending in or chameleon like, too shrouded or puffed up, like his practical planning side was completely absent.

Types I'm open to for Jung include ISTP, ISFP, and INTJ.

Why do so many people think he was an INFJ? He's too cold, mechanical, pressured, not really people oriented or bolted into the society weave. He's not INFJ.

Well, come to think of it, Jung is kind of like Plato, making roles, images, dreams, realities, layers, rainbows, cornucopias, so all in all, Plato as an INFP may be similar to Jung. Jung could be INTJ.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Carl Jung was using a lot of Ni, and it seemed really rattling and powerful, but I just don't see him as a judging type. He was too blending in or chameleon like, too shrouded or puffed up, like his practical planning side was completely absent.

Types I'm open to for Jung include ISTP, ISFP, and INTJ.

Why do so many people think he was an INFJ? He's too cold, mechanical, pressured, not really people oriented or bolted into the society weave. He's not INFJ.

Well, come to think of it, Jung is kind of like Plato, making roles, images, dreams, realities, layers, rainbows, cornucopias, so all in all, Plato as an INFP may be similar to Jung. Jung could be INTJ.

plato was imo an IEI, too. sigmund freud was an ILI. sensing types do not perceive these abstract patterns that jung and freud noticed. Ni is the ability to look into the internal soul of someone. Ni-doms are great psychologists. they usually help sensing types with mental problems that they aren't even aware of.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    3w4
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carl Jung apparently tried to analyze ******, Stalin, and Mussolini. It's quite interesting if you read it, and he was pretty good at understanding people. Despite knowing very little of history, I can immediately tell what their types are. Based on the descriptions, it is extremely obvious that he is Se valuing, and I think IEI is the best sociotype for him.

https://tomaszgoetel.com/jung-on-***...lin-mussolini/

Its kinda long, but I pasted the more interesting parts:

What would happen if you were to lock ******, Mussolini, and Stalin in a room together and give them one loaf of bread and one pitcher of water to last them a week? Who would get all the food and water, or would they divide it?
    I doubt if they would divide it. ******, being a medicine man, would probably hold himself aloof and have nothing to do with the quarrel. He would be helpless because he would be without his German people. Mussolini and Stalin, being both chiefs or strong men in their own right, would probably dispute possession of the food and drink, and being the rougher and tougher, would probably get all of it.
    There were two types of strong men in primitive society. One was the chief who was physically powerful, stronger than all his competitors, and the other was the medicine man who was not strong in himself but was strong by reason of the power which the people projected into him. Thus we had the emperor and the head of the religious community. The emperor was the chief, physically strong through his possession of soldiers; the seer was the medicine man, possessing little or no physical power but an actual power sometimes surpassing that of the emperor, because the people agreed that he possessed magic—that is, supernatural ability. He could, for example, assist or obstruct the way to a happy life after death, put a ban upon an individual, a community or a whole nation, and by excommunication cause people great discomfort or pain.
    Now, Mussolini is the man of physical strength. When you see him you are aware of it at once. His body suggests good muscles. He is the chief by reason of the fact that he is individually stronger than any of his competitors. And it is a fact that Mussolini’s mentality corresponds to his classification: he has the mind of a chief. Stalin belongs in the same category. He is, however, not a creator. Lenin, created; Stalin is devouring the brood. He is a conquistador; he simply took what Lenin made and put his teeth into it and devoured it. He is not even creatively destructive. Lenin was that. He tore down the whole structure of feudal and bourgeois society in Russia and replaced it with is own creation. Stalin is destroying that.
    Mentally, Stalin is not so interesting as Mussolini, who resembles him in the fundamental pattern of his personality, and he is not anything like so interesting as the medicine man, the myth—******.
    ****** as a man scarcely exists. At any rate, he disappears behind his role. Mussolini, on the contrary, never disappears behind his role. His role disappears behind Mussolini. I saw the Duce and the Parer together in Berlin the time Mussolini paid his formal visit; I had the good luck to be placed only a few yards away from them, and could study them well. It was entertaining to see Mussolini’s expression when they put on the goose step. If I had not seen it should have fallen into the popular delusion that his adoption of the German goose step for the Italian army was in imitation of ******. And that would have disappointed me, because I had discerned in Mussolini’s conduct a certain style, a certain format of an original man with good taste in certain matters.
    I mean, for example, that it was good taste of the Duce to keep the King. And his choice of title, “Duce”—not Doge as in old Venice, nor Duca, but Duce, the plain Italian word for leader—was original and in my opinion showed good taste.
    Now, as I observed Mussolini watching the first goose step he had ever seen, I could see him enjoying it with the zest of a small boy at a circus. But he enjoyed even more the stunt when the cavalry comes and the mounted drummer gallops ahead and takes his place on one side of the street while the band takes its place on the other. The drummer must gallop around the band and up to the front to take his station there, and this he does without touching the reins, guiding his horse only by pressure of the knees, since both hands are busy with the drums.
    On this occasion it was done magnificently and it pleased Mussolini so much he broke out laughing and clapped his hands. When he got back to Rome afterwards, he introduced the goose step and I am convinced he did it solely for his own aesthetic enjoyment. It really is a most impressive step.
    I couldn’t help liking Mussolini. His bodily energy and elasticity are warm, human, and contagious. You have the homey feeling with Mussolini of being with a human being. With ******, you are scared. You know you would never be able to talk to that man; because there is nobody there. He is not a man, but a collective. He is not an individual; he is a whole nation. I take it to be literally true that he has no personal friend. How can you talk intimately with a nation?

TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya, I guess as Alive said, perhaps Jung was way too connected or centered and emblazoned around a codex that was so magical, so enchanting, so uplifted, that no gold dust or fairy glitter could even begin to possibly or conceivably transcend Jung's super sized empowerment in the psychic arena of new flexible lines to wiggle or squiggle with imposter hard to see skeleton that was Jung's mental monstrosities.

More simply, Jung was eccentric, abnormal, miraculously zoomed atop the precipice of all invisible endowments of the heavenly rainbow, so he's an INTJ, kind of like Plato as an INFP, since they're both so questing and soulful to receive congratulations and star-shine from the arcane attic of elevators to utopia and understanding of the metaphysical bridge of all promise and paradise.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carl Gustav Jung - INTP Huxley

This is the comment you are looking for

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khcs View Post
    Carl Gustav Jung - INTP Huxley

This pic makes me think ILI they can be very cheeky looking lol
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 11-20-2022 at 12:48 PM.

TIM
    LII 5w6-1w9-2w1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did a bit research and I find that he is probably LII although I don't find his text easy to follow, possibly due to language and background knowledge instead of type. His Psychological Type seems to be Holographic in general and in small paragraphs it seems to be the style of a left-spin type.

Also from the Te perspective I didn't find any Te in his texts and it's seems Te-ignoring instead of Te-PoLR. Considering that PoLR is an evaluatory function which belongs to the superego block representing the social restrictions. Actually his text doesn't contradict Se-PoLR. His descriptions of Se are not as detailed and as vivid as his Si, Ne and Ni descriptions. His discussions on Ti also suggest that his Ti is blocked with Ne.
    Last edited by CR400AF; 09-10-2021 at 03:47 AM.

TIM
    LII 5w6-1w9-2w1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    I can send you his "red book" if you want to. it's a diary of his visions and dreams and gives a lot of insights into his type. makes it imo very clear that he was a Ni dom
    Do you carefully read the preface and background of the Red Book? I got the Red Book now and it's pretty clear that he is not Ni-leading.

He began a self-experiment that became known as his “confrontation with the unconscious” and lasted until 1930.
    This is the background of this book. He was actually trying to analyze his unconscious. He deliberately wiped out his mental information trying to record the unconscious ones and then analyze them.

Personality NO. 1 wanted to be free of the melancholy and isolation of personality NO. 2. When personality NO. 2 entered, it felt as if a long dead yet perpetually present spirit had entered the room.
    This is introduced by the editor as the background. Notice that Jung thinks he has a No2 personality, this personality seems dead but also seems perputually spirit. It's actually most related to the demonstrative or background function. For LII, they exactly has 4D Ni in their shadow.

The fog dream of Jung support this:
    NO. 1 was himself bearing the light, and NO. 2 followed like a shadow. He took this as a sign that he should go forward with NO. 1, and not look back to the world of NO. 2.
    It implied that his so-called No2 personality is a subdued vital function.

Nietzsche’s Thus Spoke Zarathustra made a great impression on him. He felt that his own personality NO. 2 corresponded to Zarathustra, and he feared that his personality NO. 2 was similarly morbid.
    He connected his No2 personality (demonstrative) with Nietzsche. Isn't it pretty clear that he typed himself as Ni-demonstrative?

He deveopped techniques to record unconscious. He analyzed them. You cannot say that since he analyze it he has Ni in his ego.

Of course he explored his vital functions deeply. He was just exploring his superid and id blocks. He tries a lot to analyze his No2 (demonstrative) and Anima (suggestive). But his ego analysis is in a Ti manner. He is quite clear about this.

-------Started a seperate thread to discuss Jung's descriptions of the Demonstrative: https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-Demonstrative
    Acutally the preface and background of the Red Book supports his self typing as a LII.
    Last edited by CR400AF; 09-22-2021 at 05:10 AM.

TIM
    LII 5w6-1w9-2w1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also his attitude against Te is Te-ignoring instead of Te-PoLR. He understands Te pretty well. On the contrary, his description on Se is the shortest and he don't really illustrate how Se represses the subjective factors. He should be Se-PoLR instead.

Both PTypes and On Psychic Energy are written in an LII manner. When excluding the background knowledge, I find it pretty fluent for me.

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Either LII or LSI

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EII-Ne

Sigmund Freud: SLI-Te

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched the film ‘A Dangerous Method’, (actually not bad). Made me think possibly IEI for Jung. ILE for Freud..SEI for Emma Jung. The conversations between Jung and Freud are super interesting..Freud worries that Jung’s ideas and areas of interest are too esoteric and that in order to make progress and see real world effects they need to stick on the more scientific track..weirdly he was kinda right. Although Jung made a lot of advances in psychology..it really is taking a while for his ideas to get through to the mainstream. 100 years plus..

edit: maybe LII for Jung
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 11-20-2022 at 12:48 PM.

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE-Ne?

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI-Se. He said that early in his life, he was introverted thinking dominant and extraverted sensing auxiliary or secondary or whatever. LII (and LSI-Ti) usually aren't that creative/original and they don't usually develop new theories that change the way everyone thinks like LSI-Se can.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carl Jung is the only person who has describe a phenomenon I experienced at least twice in my life. What I'm referring to is what Jung called a "Sudden coming to consciousness" in the very beginning of his famous 1959 interview. It's weird like a "déjà vu" of senses, the certainty of existence and the consciousness of my own mortality. It's scary, shocking and almost mystical. It's like being teleported in the North Pole for about 2 to 5 seconds and then coming back.
    Anyway, what type was Carl Jung ? I would answer like some people do : He was my type !!
    Last edited by godslave; 05-28-2022 at 08:25 PM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He self typed as LSI at first and later found himself to be quite intuitive and changed his mind to LII. But his thoughts are too scattered for that. Also, it's interesting that he says at 27~28 minutes "the type is nothing static, it changes with the course of life" which contradicts modern typology theories. Then after giving clues that he was introverted and thinker and intuitive, he goes and says "that gives you the necessary data for the diagnosis" almost as if he has a reluctance to give the answer straight up, which seems more Ni lead than Ti lead. I stick with ILI as his type, because according to himself "introverted irrationals main problem is that they stop at perception.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obviously Ti lead.

I want to hear an argument for LSI, especially one that points toward CD cognition in his writings. So far, what I see is more demonstrative of HP cognition because he tries to capture every angle of the subjects he talks about. Also, I'd be interested in hearing how Jung lines up with LSI on the Reinin dichotomies.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is the ​LSI, most likely Harmonizing subtype leading to his relatedness to intuition.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's quite a controversial take to assume that jung was a sensing type

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    I think it's quite a controversial take to assume that jung was a sensing type
    Let me guess, you would type him as IEI?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Jung is Ni lead.
    I watched his interview and he states he was a lot "physically" responsive.
    He easily got into a fight with his class mates and remarked this aspect of his personality as important.

So, I don't think he could be a Se PolR. Not saying they can't get angry, but I hardly see LIIs responsive to Se, being PolR. They prefer to keep calm and they have a good control over anger (at least towards the external reality).

Suggestive Se is a lot more prone to it and that's one of the key differences between the two types.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I follow some social media pages about Jung and I get the impression from the quotes and followers that ILI could be his type. Lots of fluffy, scientific language.

edit: or LII..with ILI admirers?
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 11-20-2022 at 12:47 PM.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lesri View Post
    I think Jung is Ni lead.
    I watched his interview and he states he was a lot "physically" responsive.
    He easily got into a fight with his class mates and remarked this aspect of his personality as important.

So, I don't think he could be a Se PolR. Not saying they can't get angry, but I hardly see LIIs responsive to Se, being PolR. They prefer to keep calm and they have a good control over anger (at least towards the external reality).

Suggestive Se is a lot more prone to it and that's one of the key differences between the two types.
    Yes, Ni types may be stimulated by the prospect of dominance and physical subjugation (''I'll show him who's boss!''). This is rare for Si valuing types, who generally have a more marked distaste for the use of force.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast