TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What types are these neighbors of mine

edit
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh, clear-cut ENTj ISFj?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what type is your husband?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTp
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he should be supervising the ENTj then... perhaps the ENTj is acting that way out of defense?
    SEE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be. And I can see myself responding to her the way I respond to my ISFj brother.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky
    Could be. And I can see myself responding to her the way I respond to my ISFj brother.
    Yeah, the way you see her looks like you supervise her, since you're not bothered that she thinks you're a "slacker". You and your husband might try to change the one of the couple you speak with...like you speak with the ENTj and he speaks with the ISFj, so that there wouldn't be particular problems.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they are most likely more uncomfortable with you and your husband than you are with them!!!
    SEE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL that makes me feel better

But seriously, I was hoping to find a way to get along with them better for our daughter's sake. I do generally get along pretty well with ENTjs (in non-romantic relationships anyway) and I do have an easy time talking to him. My husband says she's uptight but generally OK. So maybe we'll do what FDG said and I'll just chat with him and he can chat with her.

Maybe when she's looking at the ground and saying "Huh. Uh-huh" all the time it's because she's afraid I am assessing her.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe when she's looking at the ground and saying "Huh. Uh-huh" all the time it's because she's afraid I am assessing her.
    Probably you just posit the question using Ne, and that makes her uncomfortable.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So maybe we'll do what FDG said and I'll just chat with him and he can chat with her.
    yes, this would be ideal. he prolly likes you, and she prolly likes your husband. he may annoy you a little, and she may annoy your husband a little, but the whole thing will be a lot better for them and your daughter.
    SEE

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTj-ISFj is possible.

But I think it's more like ENFj-ISTj.

That would make them the conflictors of Nicky and her husband, which makes more sense to me than supervision.

Other alternatives are

He: ESFj - Nicky's husband's supervisor
    She: ISTj or ISFj

(only this kind of couple should not work very well)

He: ENFj
    She: ISFj

This would be Illusion, Aggressor-Victim and could also work.

I think ENFj or ESFj is more likely for him than ENTj. He seemed to put up a show for his audience - - and hit Nicky's husband where it most hurt - again or (his hidden agenda).
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see them being an ENFj/ISFj couple. They seem to have a bit of friction sometimes. Like he'll start to do something and she'll correct him in front of us, and he'll bristle up. I wouldn't assume they were duals.

And my dad is an ENFj and I can see similarities there.

I'll ask my husband if this guy reminds him more of my dad or my mom (ENTj).
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see them being an ENFj/ISFj couple. They seem to have a bit of friction sometimes. Like he'll start to do something and she'll correct him in front of us, and he'll bristle up. I wouldn't assume they were duals.

And my dad is an ENFj and I can see similarities there.

I'll ask my husband if this guy reminds him more of my dad or my mom (ENTj).
    I think that for the wife I agree with ISxJ, and for the husband, I agree he's an ass.

Hrm.. I dunno. I would be offended by the husband, based on the picture you painted of him.. while the wife wouldn't bother me in the least. Assuming you've painted a fair description, then I'll say ExTj for the husband. Any more info, though, besides an example of an interaction?

His outward display of "dominance" seems compensatory, in a way, because his wife has him by the balls. I'm not sure about this, its just a shallow impression. If she's actually supervising HIM, then he'd be ESFp, or ESTp.

This could be an ESTp/ISFj couple? I dunno, that doesn't make sense.

More information?
    thing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

esfp husband, isfj wife
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariano Rajoy
    esfp husband, isfj wife
    I was just thinking the same.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's see.

He's very cautious with his kids (they have two kids - one our daughter's age and a son who is 2). They have a swingset but he blocked part of it off because he's afraid of them using that part. He also follows them around giving them warnings about how they might hurt themselves a lot.

He drives a motorcycle, which seems kind of off for him since he seems so cautious.

He isn't terribly mechanical. He needed my husband's help to put together the aforementioned swingset.

He talks about the monetary values of things a lot, ie his house, his motorcycle, etc. He also keeps track of sports and talks about sports a lot.

I have never seen him lose his temper but maybe it just doesn't happen in front of me.

He and his wife both love to entertain. They buy beer in bulk and put it in a fridge in their garage just for that purpose, and then like to have us and the other neighbors come over frequently in the evenings and sit and chat on their driveway. He is very welcoming and truly loves having people over. They throw a lot of family parties - for Halloween or Christmas or whatever. I think he in particular likes having people over, and I think she likes organizing events, so they do a lot of it. And they are great parties.

He and I get along OK. My husband thinks he's sometimes an ass, and I think he's wrong to take over care of our daughter like that, but I think he's generally friendly and pleasant. Seen through my husband's eyes, as that description basically was, he certainly comes across as an ass. It was my husband's complaints about him that made me wonder what type he might be so I wrote it remembering my husband's complaints, and it looks like the portrait that was painted was unfair.

Oh - one other thing my husband told me about them (so this isn't going to sound flattering) is that the girls were playing with another neighbor. His daughter accidentally (I assume) hit the third kid in the face with a baseball bat. Hard. My husband instantly ran to the little girl who got hit in the face to make sure she was alright, but this guy's initial response was all about his own daughter to make sure she wasn't too upset about hitting this girl in the face. My husband said he didn't seem to react in the slightest to the fact that his daughter had seriously hurt this other girl. Not that he should have gotten angry because it was probably an accident, but to not intially respond to the hurt kid and make sure she was OK seemed odd to him. I don't know if that helps re type or not.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wife: ISxJ.

I'll settle on the husband being an extravert. Given that, the extraverted types most commonly known for warnings of that nature are ExFj's.

I'm just gonna go, here.. blocking out whatever I may be doing.

Add in the mechanical inability and the monetary value, and I'm not sure what type he is. He could be ENFj or ESFj, but they are a little better about keeping up the image. He would worry about his daughter, after slapping another girl in the face, but he'd also generally (and atleast superficially) see if the other girl was alright.

Umm.. I don't know.

And actually, I almost want to say ENFp, or ENTp.. but I don't have much ammo for that.

ENFj
    ESFj
    ENFp
    ENTp

Overall, I'll go with ENTp. heh.
    thing.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think he's ENFp because he just doesn't feel like the same type as me, and also because it seems like he and my husband would get along pretty well then. They do stuff together from time to time but they definitely have serious communication problems.

Other than that, I'm not sure. Maybe ENFj . . . but maybe not.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say ENFj and ISFj. What exactly did the guy do for your husband to think he is an ass?
    ENTj - intuitive subtype - 8w9, sp/sx

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the bar? My husband wouldn't tell me. I have no idea how to interpret that. My husband isn't much of a talker so it doesn't necessarily mean it was anything awful.

Otherwise it was when they took the kids bike riding and he started helping our daughter with her bike as if my husband wasn't able to help her or something.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think he's ENFp because he just doesn't feel like the same type as me, and also because it seems like he and my husband would get along pretty well then. They do stuff together from time to time but they definitely have serious communication problems.

Other than that, I'm not sure. Maybe ENFj . . . but maybe not.
    You are right.

Here,

"In relations of Supervision it may also appear as if the Supervisor patronises the Supervisee, which can be quite obtrusive for the latter. When there are more than two people present, the Supervisee often attempts to release themselves from the control of the Supervisor by starting arguments for the sake of it or by attempting to manoeuvre themselves into the commanding position. Unfortunately, these attempts lead nowhere. The Supervisor may think instead that the Supervisee simply requires more attention."

There is some form of supervision happening here, IMO. Either your husband is being supervised (which seems less likely, and would make your neighbor ESFj), or your husband is a supervisor (which seems more likely, and would make your neighbor an ENTj).

I guess that's what I should have said in the first place.

I don't think his wife hates you. I don't get that impression, at all. She sounds nervous. Maybe you are a social butterfly, and that makes her feel inferior? Like, you know.. being afraid to talk to the "popular" kid in class. I've seen her reaction from a few people, and that has normally been the reason.
    thing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the bar? My husband wouldn't tell me. I have no idea how to interpret that. My husband isn't much of a talker so it doesn't necessarily mean it was anything awful.

Otherwise it was when they took the kids bike riding and he started helping our daughter with her bike as if my husband wasn't able to help her or something.
    Are you sure your husband is not misreading his intentions? Maybe the guy thought he was being friendly helping your daughter. Who knows? From what you said he seems like a really nice guy, just a bit clumsy but there would be probably nothing bad he would do intentionally... seems like typical ENFjish behavior IMO. Just my .02
    ENTj - intuitive subtype - 8w9, sp/sx

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could be right. I get along with my brother and my father-in-law, who are ISFjs, pretty well. But it might just feel different because she's a woman and has a kid my age so I see her so together and feel a bit awkward in comparison. I need to just relax about that. She's never given me a reason to think she thinks I'm inadequate. I'm just so impressed by how perfect everything she does is. But she invites me over pretty often and she wouldn't do that if she thought I was a loser.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes Eidos my husband could be misinterpreting him and I suggested that to him. I haven't noticed him "taking over" like that but I think some insecurities on my husband's part are in play here.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have problems with an ISFJ and you want to show her to her place, then you should use VAST quantities of very strong Fi expressed in the form of colours. My sis got me this t-shirt with these DEEEEEP blue and red colors that make my ISFJ female roomate just gaze at me as if lost in time. Do that often you will take you rightful place as the SUPERVISOR.

May Socioniks be with you :wink:
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.