Thread: Socionics: Positive Comments

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionics: Positive Comments

In this topic list your positive feedback from studying Socionics...
    Remember to keep things simple and not any simpler like Einstein once said.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It helped me rediscover myself after the evil that my mother has done to me.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonderful past-time. I met so many cool people here.
    And on a more serious note, I learned how people actually really are different.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Creepy-pokeball

I get to meet weird fruits like me on the net

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gives me something I can use when dealing with people.

I also get to meet cool people, like Jadae :wink:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a good approximation to something that is inherently very complicated.
    Friendly ISTp
    Interested in everything, yes, EVERYTHING
    Flower's motto: Life's too short even to do the things you want to, let alone the things you dont!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It provides a refreshing insight into how things work after previously studying Myers-Briggs/Keirsey models.
    Remember to keep things simple and not any simpler like Einstein once said.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is usefull for manipulation. when meeting new people, it is fun to say something such as "you seem like you are really good at giving speeches" to an enfj, or "you seem like you are really good at predicting peoples behavior" to an intp. a compliment that seems to have validity by showing some understanding of the person is a free ticket to just about anything. and conversely, it is a good way to point out peoples faults and really piss em off, such as "you over estimate your intellectual abilities way too much" to an esfp, etc.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is useful to understand where different people are coming from when they behave in a way that makes no sense to you, which then helps you to get along with them or at least tolerate them.

For me personally it also helps to understand what kind of people historical characters may have been and to provide explanation as you why they acted the way they did.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariano Rajoy
    it is usefull for manipulation. when meeting new people, it is fun to say something such as "you seem like you are really good at giving speeches" to an enfj, or "you seem like you are really good at predicting peoples behavior" to an intp. a compliment that seems to have validity by showing some understanding of the person is a free ticket to just about anything. and conversely, it is a good way to point out peoples faults and really piss em off, such as "you over estimate your intellectual abilities way too much" to an esfp, etc.
    I find that people are scared when I come up with something like that. How do you do it?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariano Rajoy
    I find that people are scared when I come up with something like that. How do you do it?
    1. don't emphasise content too much. ease it into the conversation, don't just f-bomb it in there.
    2. think content versus delivery. delivery is much more important. watch a jack black film. he has zero content, total delivery, and everyone loves him. direct your attention to delivery and only use the content at just the right time.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote:
    think content versus delivery. delivery is much more important. watch a jack black film. he has zero content, total delivery, and everyone loves him. direct your attention to delivery and only use the content at just the right time.

Tell me more about the delivery, how do you do it?

And content, if its' not important, can you fake it or make it up? I mean why bother...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I'm having trouble relating to someone, it can maybe give me some clues as to why and maybe (hopefully) some insight into how to relate to them better.

Plus it's interesting to read about.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    Quote:
    Tell me more about the delivery, how do you do it?
    And content, if its' not important, can you fake it or make it up? I mean why bother...
    giving good delivery is easiest when you feel good. take some stimulants and get yourself up. smile. delivery is about your body movements/non-verbal communication. touch appropriately. emulate jack black. fuck yeah, you can make up content. the more grandiose the better. your contents (if you use such things) should be filled with flattery. dont ask why bother. thats boring.
    LII