View Poll Results: What do you think? (read post fully first)

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sounds like objective Te

0 0%
  • Sounds like objective Se

0 0%
  • Sounds like objective Ne

0 0%
  • Could be something else (some other function)

0 0%
  • 90 100.00%

Thread: More Te, Ne, or Se?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default More Te, Ne, or Se?

Today I had a final for this tennis class I have been taking for this semester, and the coach was having each one of us either answer a question or demonstrate some sort of tennis skill or technique, and he asked me a question that made me think something about my type.

He gave me a demo, and asked me what a person needed to do first before they hit a ball, I said "to first be prepared," so He is like, "yes, but what position do you need to be in." So I responded "It depends how the ball is coming at you." So he's like," Yeah, but which position does a person need to be in for the most powerful controlled swing, and front one to the side or a strattled position." I tell him,"Probably the one you are standing in right now."

He thought my answer was a little interesting apparently, cause he made this comment after that that I am probably a student studying science, chemistry or biology or something. It seems to me like the way I reacted may have been Se or Te, and maybe Ne.

Ohhh Yeah ... don't vote if you have a predetermined opinion about my type and allow it to influence the decision, that isn't what I am asking.

What do you guys think??? Objective Te, Ne, or Se, or something else?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't really sound like you can connect this to a function.

I personally kinda hate when trainers ask me about details of movements, how to do this to be at best potential etc etc

I play very well as long as no one tries to direct my movements, in which case I lose all the coordination.

The reply you gave sounds like something I would say, and sounds like you didn't know the reply so you made it up on the fly, but without really "Making it up", just recognizing the position on the fly.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG

I personally kinda hate when trainers ask me about details of movements, how to do this to be at best potential etc etc

I play very well as long as no one tries to direct my movements, in which case I lose all the coordination.

The reply you gave sounds like something I would say, and sounds like you didn't know the reply so you made it up on the fly, but without really "Making it up", just recognizing the position on the fly.
    Yeah, I do the same thing with loosing coordination ... if I am directed, my ability to play goes all to hell.

It wasn't so much that I was making it up, it was that I really do not pay much attention to my own form and asking a specific question like that to me isn't going to provoke me to give a very specific answer.

I think the trainer is ESTp, btw ...

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew

Yeah, I do the same thing with loosing coordination ... if I am directed, my ability to play goes all to hell.

It wasn't so much that I was making it up, it was that I really do not pay much attention to my own form and asking a specific question like that to me isn't going to provoke me to give a very specific answer.
    I guess that this just points generally towards intuition, whithout any specific direction.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's Ne, because it reminds me of something INTj-ish from the chat. The way they tend to understand things literally. I would have thought it was Ti (system on info is too big, hard to find the important part), but now that I think about it, Ne makes more sense in this particular situation.

Also, it kind of reminds me of a joke... I found it.

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.huumor.com/joke_2667
    A helicopter was flying around above Seattle yesterday when an electrical malfunction disabled all of the aircraft's electronic navigation and communications equipment. Due to the clouds and haze, the pilot could not determine the helicopter's position and course to steer to the airport.
    The pilot saw a tall building, flew toward it, circled, drew a handwritten sign, and held it in the helicopter's window. The pilot's sign said "WHERE AM I?" in large letters.

People in the tall building quickly responded to the aircraft, drew a large sign, and held it in a building window. Their sign said "YOU ARE IN A HELICOPTER."

The pilot smiled, waved, looked at his map, determined the course to steer to SEATAC airport, and landed safely.

After they were on the ground, the co-pilot asked the pilot how the "YOU ARE IN A HELICOPTER" sign helped determine their position.

The pilot responded "I knew that had to be the MICROSOFT building because, similar to their help-lines, they gave me a technically correct but completely useless answer."
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess that this just points generally towards intuition, whithout any specific direction.
    Maybe, but is Ni objective like that? ... that's why I am curious. You'd think with using Ni someone would manage to just babble on about what he or she intuits is right or wrong and not give vague answers that were based on observing the state of someone else regardless of what could be personal.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: More Te, Ne, or Se?

6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei