Thread: Introversion-Extraversion Scale

Hybrid View

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I assume it's about social extroversion/introversion, outgoingness & al and how it's type-related. It's not about Socionics Extroversion/Introversion, right? As long as you capitalized them, it's confusing - I don't want to be pedantic, but capitalization is about the dichotomy.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    I assume it's about social extroversion/introversion, outgoingness & al and how it's type-related. It's not about Socionics Extroversion/Introversion, right? As long as you capitalized them, it's confusing - I don't want to be pedantic, but capitalization is about the dichotomy.
    You're probably right; I hadn't really thought about all that. But yeah, probably more of a social observation. As in, your INTj's and INTp's will be noticeably socially introverted, but the ambiverts could swing easily either way and will be more difficult to type as either I's or E's.

Good point on the capitalization. I will have to think about it...
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It doesn't really match my observations when it comes to ISF and ENT, the latter always clearly seem extraverted when compared to the former...
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-male

^What he said.

All my duals are more socially extraverted and outgoing than me. I'm sure one could summon a counter-example, but as it stands that would be the exception, not the rule.

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    It doesn't really match my observations when it comes to ISF and ENT, the latter always clearly seem extraverted when compared to the former...
    Noted

I don't know, though. Maybe subtypes have something to do with it(?) My mom, for instance, is most likely ISFj, but she can be pretty darn sociable, thanks to her Base Fi which requires her to go out and make an effort to maintain her various connections with people.

My brother-in-law is either an INTj or and ENTj, and I'm leaning towards ENTj based on the above, as he is always quite eager to speak up and assert his views; but at the same time, he can spend a good deal of time alone and seem perfectly happy; but given the opportunity, he will eagerly jump into the middle of a conversation and steal the spotlight.
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So here's a question: do you think point should be added for being a Perceiver, or subtracted for being a Judger? Or vice-versa? Ack, no, that's probably going to be inaccurate, too.
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's very interesting! INTx are typically very introverted, but I imagine there are IEIs who can be like that, too. With the typical exceptions included, I would agree with this as a rough guideline.

EDIT: ENTp might be a bit too introverted. Also, INFj can be very introverted in my opinion.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer