model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing I'm sure - you need to sleep more!
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as;dflkj
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied

no sleep 'til exams week is over with. ;p
    holy shit did i rule on my exams or what? the answer: not or what!

watch out for linolenic fatty acid, that stuff is highly reactive! it's a polyunsaturated fatty acid and contains 3 carbon to carbon double bonds out of a total of 18 carbon atoms, this gives it a lower melting point and higher reactivity with oxygen. THIS IN TURN gives it a lower smoke point. a lower smoke point(the temperature at which a heated substances(oil or fat, in our cases) begins to smoke) means a lower flash point(the temperature at which a heated substance starts a flame), and goddamn, if you've ever deep friends potatoes commercially or privately, you would want to know what i'm talking about!

THERE ARE SOLUTIONS. SOLUTIONS WITH NASTY HEALTH CONSEQUENCES.

We can add hydrogen atoms to lipids containing these fatty acids to produce a more saturated fatty acid(LESS Carbon to carbon double bonds). This is great because saturated fatty acids have a lower melting, smoke and flash point. OH YEAH. Yhey are less prone to oxidation and can be used for greater periods of time, score one team science.

kids: but team science, what of the nasty cosequences of hydrogenating fats and oils?!

Team science: We thought you'd never ask. You see children, fatty acids are generally configured in two forms: Cis-fatty acids and Trans-fatty acids. Cis implies a less linear, and kinked structure because the hydrogen atoms at the Carbon to carbon double bonds are on opposite sides of eachother. See figure 1.1 for more details. Trans is a more linear structure because the hydrogen atoms at the C=C are on the same side. See figure 1.1 for more details And you know what's bad for you kids? Artifically, or naturally occuring trans-saturated fats.

Figure 1.1:

don't even get me started on those omega 3s and 6s. Goddamned if i ever saw anything with 3 or 6 spaces between the CH3 end the first C=C.

for the actual purpose of the post:

i dunno! what the hell, be whatever type you feel like! or dress like! that's a much more interesting, fun way to type people, or rationalize all of life for that matter.
    asd

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as;dflkj
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei