Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anti-authoritarian parenting style and socionics types

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dad is LSI-N and wasn't authoritarian but I did get corporal punishment at the behest of my mom. My mom is SEE-D and she was authoritarian and wanted my dad to be strict on me and impose more rules and structure on me. She ended up doing that and didn't like that my dad didn't back her up because she has to be the "bad guy" while my dad spoiled me.

I'm fairly authoritarian with my god-children. I do discipline them more than their parents. Everything has to have a reason. I want them to articulate why they should get something or have something. Their parents just give them stuff because they feel proud they can financially support their kids. I'm sorta the drill sergeant when I come over (but a really fun one). I make them work for their "rewards."

I don't think parenting style has to do with cognitive type, but it could possibly be a subtype of a type.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Under frustration, I would be, but I strongly oppose authoritarian parenting styles.

ILE-Ti are actually quite strict if they're not psychopaths, but they don't have to resort to punishment because they know how to prevent everything (they prevent a lot). But psychopathic ILE-Ti are permissive.

ESI-Fi is way more authoritarian in parenting than ESI-Se even though I despise authoritarian parenting styles.

Don't know about any of the other gammas.

Betas vary hugely from each other. LSI-Se psychopaths wouldn't be strict.

LSE-Te are probably pretty strict as IEE-Ne are, but the latter often don't have surviving kids.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12