Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Disney Movies and Characters

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My most favorite Disney movie lately is probably Princess & the Frog - because it was like a refreshing look at modern male/female relationships and gender roles or something. Without being like campy & annoying over the top powerful woman ness. Tiana is a really likeable Disney Princess. As she realizes a good work ethic and a get it done attitude is the best thing to have. And the prince is kinda the typical str8 male, somebody who wants to use only his charm and goofiness to get by in life- but she teaches him otherwise, that sometimes you just have to work. She saves him in her own way, w/o it having to be over the top role reversal-y. I liked it.

Frozen was okay but I also think it's really overrated and over marketed. Buy Frozen fish sticks for your middle class toddler now! LoL

President of WSS Jack Oliver Aaron's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    EJ + ST + E8 maybe = I could easily see this resulting in a "harsh" personality
    Except that there is nothing intrinsically 'harsh' about EJ (someone who manages, rather than adapts), nothing intrinsically 'harsh' about ST (someone best at manipulating objective, concrete data). As for E8, if you mean Enneagram, I don't think this should provide a way around unusual Socionics typing, as if the two systems are completely unrelated despite reporting on similar phenomena.

I would say that whether he is Se-valuing or not should be the main thing to focus on when looking at someone's harshness.
    Founder & President of World Socionics Society
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/worldsocionicssociety

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Oliver Aaron View Post
    Except that there is nothing intrinsically 'harsh' about EJ (someone who manages, rather than adapts), nothing intrinsically 'harsh' about ST (someone best at manipulating objective, concrete data). As for E8, if you mean Enneagram, I don't think this should provide a way around unusual Socionics typing, as if the two systems are completely unrelated despite reporting on similar phenomena.

I would say that whether he is Se-valuing or not should be the main thing to focus on when looking at someone's harshness.
    Except that there is nothing instrinsically 'harsh' about Se.

President of WSS Jack Oliver Aaron's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Except that there is nothing instrinsically 'harsh' about Se.
    I would disagree with that. I would say that Se in its opposition to Ne is direct rather than exploratory and in opposition to Si is confrontational rather than harmonious.
    Founder & President of World Socionics Society
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/worldsocionicssociety

TIM
    ethic 3
    Mentioned
    711 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Has Maleficent been typed yet? Gamma seems about right

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tiana enfj ni

a two horned unicorn renegade COVID 007's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE-α/H, LEVF
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think I shuold calculate of Beta (EIE) villains in Disney movies

I think it is rather high

Anyway: rather interesting review of the Beauty and the Beast.

Movie reviews should be more like that. Could it be more delta parody?
    Measuring you right now

Winning is for losers

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE-Ne Baloo
    SEE-Fi Bagheera
    EII-Fi Aladdin, Mary Poppins
    LSE-Si Jasmine, Bert (Mary Poppins)
    IEE-Ne Belle, Geppetto
    SLI-Te Beast, Arthur (Merlin)
    SLE-Se Gaston
    ESE-Fe Lumiere
    ILI-Ni Cogsworth , Archimedes (Merlin)
    EIE-Ni Scar, Maleficent
    SEE-Se Simba
    ESI-Se Mufasa
    SLI-Si Pinocchio
    SLE-Ti Peter Pan
    ILE-Ti Merlin
    SEI-Si Alice
    ESI-Fi Snow White
    Last edited by mclane; 12-21-2016 at 06:07 PM.

TIM
    ethic 3
    Mentioned
    711 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclane View Post
    ILE-Ne Baloo
    SEE-Fi Bagheera
    EII-Fi Aladdin, Mary Poppins
    LSE-Si Jasmine, Bert (Mary Poppins)
    IEE-Ne Belle, Geppetto
    SLI-Te Beast, Arthur (Merlin)
    SLE-Se Gaston
    ESE-Fe Lumiere
    ILI-Ni Cogsworth , Archimedes (Merlin)
    EIE-Ni Scar, Maleficent
    SEE-Se Simba
    ESI-Se Mufasa
    SLI-Si Pinocchio
    SLE-Ti Peter Pan
    ILE-Ti Merlin
    SEI-Si Alice
    ESI-Fi Snow White
    Cool. <3 Super curious about Hades from Hercules, you would categorize him as...?

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Cool. <3 Super curious about Hades from Hercules, you would categorize him as...?
    Well, the original Hades is probably an SLI-Te, but the Disney portrayal seems more like a beta NF (if I remember him correctly).

TIM
    ESI-Se 1w9
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finding Nemo
    Nemo: IEE
    Marlin: SLI
    Dory: IEE
    Gill: ILI

TIM
    H-EII Sx/Sp E9w1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jaffar: LIE

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Walt Disney himself was an ILE-Ti, but he didn't seem to make any characters in his image lol. Disney's Aladdin was an SEE-Se, Scar seemed like an EIE-Ni, Judge Claude Frollo was an LSI-Ti, and Megara from Disney's Hercules was an ILE-Ti. I don't know what types any of the other characters were.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Walt Disney - INTP - Balzac

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    LSE funny is sexual; joke about self deprecating, sarcasm,
    This is not accurate at all. You may be confusing SLEs with LSEs. SLE may do this, but not LSE. SLE has mobilizing Fe - they will seek out a reaction from the group of people around, will often joke around and sometimes say shocking and inappropriate things to get a reaction.

LSEs have role Fe, so they are aware that they should be doing more to contribute to the emotional atmosphere, but do not. They come across as stiff and serious. They are also careful not to say anything that could be interpreted inappropriately. This is part of what makes them seem stiff, boring, and rigid in the eyes of others.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Pooh is Delta NF

Tigger is SEE
    Piglett is probably LSE lol, always chiding Pooh

Gaston, definitely EJ, not SLE...LSE probably, only they could be so proprietary about women. Belle is IEE and Beast is SLI, I guess.

Actually, being proprietary about women is characteristic of an 'Aggressor' (Se-Ni) romance style, which SLEs belong to. According to Gulenko, Victim types (Ni) appreciate it when their partner fights for them, proves themselves to be worthy of them, and "claims" them. This is part of Se-valuing, which is very territorial. LSEs have the Caregiver style and do not act that way with a romantic interest. In Beauty and the Beast, Gaston is using his natural Aggressor romance style, which is repelling to Belle, an Infantile type (EII).

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Oliver Aaron View Post
    I am actually unsure about the Delta status of the Beast. In a way, he seems rather too harsh. I agree with EII for Belle.

LSEs have strong 4D demonstrative Se. It is not valued, but it is still a very visible part of their psyche. It is as strong as the lead function, but as a demonstrative function, is not taken very seriously. The Beast would sometimes make harsh threats ("Then go ahead and STARVE!") but he did not actually follow through on them or physically hurt anyone. Though Beast appeared harsh on the surface, he did not have any serious intentions to harm. Unlike true Se-valuing types, he was hard on the outside, but soft on the inside. Gaston, however, was very serious about his use of force. He fully intended to kill the beast. But when Beast had the chance to kill Gaston, he chose not to.

Also, part of what makes the Beast appear harsh is his short temper. But having a short temper is not related to Se-valuing, but rather, is related to temperament. A short-temper is actually characteristic for LSEs, who have a choleric temperament (according to Gulenko). Many of the original Socionics authors, such as Stratiyevskaya, mention many times that LSEs often appear harsh and lack restraint. Se is a visible part of their personality, but they try to restrain themselves from using any physical force. This is unlike true Se-valuing types, who are comfortable using force whenever they see it as necessary.

Finally, for Se-valuing types, open displays of power and dominance are important. Gaston wanted to kill the Beast in part to prove that he was dominant over him, that he had a higher position than him in the "system" (it's very typical for Beta types to fight for a high place in whatever system they are a part of). He didn't like that Beast was stealing away Belle, who he viewed as belonging to him. Beast, however, had no interest in these power plays, and was not trying to project his power or strength. As a Delta type, he simply wanted to be left alone to live in peace, and was not struggling for any expansion of perceived territory the way a Beta would.

Type me whatever you want thegreenfaerie's Avatar
    TIM
    469 Delta NF
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)- SEI... maybe IEI? I don’t know I can only remember so much.
    Cinderella- Alpha SF?
    Belle- NF, not EIE
    Alice- People have Alice as SEI, but could she be IEE?
    Chick from Frozen, Elsa- hmmmm IEI-Ni? ESI? No idea lol

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Baby Yoda - ISFP - Dumas

Last edited by khcs; 06-13-2020 at 06:17 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    624 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LJDL View Post
    This is not accurate at all. You may be confusing SLEs with LSEs. SLE may do this, but not LSE. SLE has mobilizing Fe - they will seek out a reaction from the group of people around, will often joke around and sometimes say shocking and inappropriate things to get a reaction.

LSEs have role Fe, so they are aware that they should be doing more to contribute to the emotional atmosphere, but do not. They come across as stiff and serious. They are also careful not to say anything that could be interpreted inappropriately. This is part of what makes them seem stiff, boring, and rigid in the eyes of others.
    I’ve been raised by more than one LSE and my husband is one
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lady Yoda - INFJ - Dostoevsky

blood and makeup on my face Pierrette's Avatar
    TIM
    SwEIEt SpicEIE ELFV
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Elsa is an emo LSE. It's even in her name. ELSA > ELSA > LSEA > LSE. So that might just be my subconscious screaming at me, or subliminal messages.

Anyways, from what I remember of the first movie she took up tradition and the reigns so to speak, and did an excellent job at managing her kingdom after her parents passed. She was much more orderly than her sister Anna. Yet, she doesn't seem to be good with ethics imo. Has a tendency to underestimate the relational distance between her and others from what I remember. Fi seeking maybe. From how she spoke to servants and even her loved ones, she was very cordial but still somewhat distant and even blunt at times. Fe role I would think.

Just my take.
    devourer of the sun // consumer of the moon

& you know now,
    that anything alone is
    a haunting

& any two things
    together is a terror.

Love and Hate are two sides of the same coin.
    It takes a mere second for treasure to turn to trash.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Robert Allen Iger - ENTJ Jack London

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345