Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Disney Movies and Characters

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    He looks just like Scar. Talks like him too.
    What? No he doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    Just insert Scar's dialouge into the interview. It would work.

Imagine Mister Disney saying this "life's not fair, well you see I, I will never be king," to a temp he is going to fire! It is totally Disney!
    You have a very poor perception of who people are.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i thought the most common typing was IEE, which flows with deltas and betas on the forum generally being cool with disney movies being a "delta thing."

i don't know anything about him though.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Everything that I've seen on Disney the person states him as being IEI, and I've seen some pretty convincing arguments on the case.
    ok.
    I also see no reason to disagree with the IEI typing.
    I do.

I'm guessing you think he's delta & EII.
    No, I don't.

I don't care if Walt Disney is in my quadra or not. I don't think he is my identical. I'm not emotionally attached to the typing. Yet you are.

From what I know of Walt Disney, he was an ENFp and there is a breadth of evidence for this, such as all Disney movies being directly influenced by his style and carrying Delta overtones. He VI's perfectly as an Fi-creative too, and while there's a small window of possibility that he could've been ESFp, I don't think it's likelier than ENFp.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disney movies are delta things: because they are propaganda designed to brainwash children, and deltas are essentially brainwashed children. BUt that doesn't make the creator a Delta.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    LSE funny is sexual; joke about self deprecating, sarcasm,
    Ok...

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the incredibles

bob Te-ESTj
    helen Fi-ENFp
    dash Ne-ENTp
    violet Ne-INFj
    frozone Te-ISTp
    syndrome Ni-ENFj

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pooh is Delta NF

Tigger is SEE
    Piglett is probably LSE lol, always chiding Pooh

Gaston, definitely EJ, not SLE...LSE probably, only they could be so proprietary about women. Belle is IEE and Beast is SLI, I guess.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Hunchback of Notre-Dame is probably my favorite Disney movie. It’s a complete bastardization of the Hugo novel, but they do get a lot of it right: the darkness and injustice of the times, Frollo’s sexual obsession with Esmeralda, even some of Hugo’s humor comes through. Also, I think the musical score is probably in the top 3 as far as Disney films go. I mean, look at the juxtaposition of "Heaven's Light" and "Hellfire" -- chills, I get:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r9xNKHOekM

Here are my typings:
    Quasimodo: EII
    Esmeralda: ESI
    Phoebus: SEE
    Frollo: No clue. He doesn’t seem like an ethical type. Or really extroverted… not sure. The man was just pure unadulterated corruption. Much less nuanced and complex than in the novel.
    Clopin: EIE

In the novels, though, I think Esmeralda is EII and Phoebus is a stereotypical SLE. Quasimodo in the novel is untypeable because he’s basically mentally handicapped. Frollo is… a really intense and interesting character in the novel. Not sure about his type. Similar to Javert in Les Miserables, but much more intuitive > sensory. If Javert was LSI, Claude Frollo might be LII? Or even an EII turned bad? He really sacrificed himself for his brother Jehan (probably SLE) and took in Quasimodo out of a compassion and duty to God to make up for his brother’s lasciviousness. Yeah, I’m actually liking the evil EII for Frollo, lol. (BTW, if anyone is interested in reading the novel, I highly recommend Alban Krailheimer’s translation. It’s amazing.)
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    The Hunchback of Notre-Dame is probably my favorite Disney movie. It’s a complete bastardization of the Hugo novel, but they do get a lot of it right: the darkness and injustice of the times, Frollo’s sexual obsession with Esmeralda, even some of Hugo’s humor comes through. Also, I think the musical score is probably in the top 3 as far as Disney films go. I mean, look at the juxtaposition of "Heaven's Light" and "Hellfire" -- chills, I get:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r9xNKHOekM

Here are my typings:
    Quasimodo: EII
    Esmeralda: ESI
    Phoebus: SEE
    Frollo: No clue. He doesn’t seem like an ethical type. Or really extroverted… not sure. The man was just pure unadulterated corruption. Much less nuanced and complex than in the novel.
    Clopin: EIE

In the novels, though, I think Esmeralda is EII and Phoebus is a stereotypical SLE. Quasimodo in the novel is untypeable because he’s basically mentally handicapped. Frollo is… a really intense and interesting character in the novel. Not sure about his type. Similar to Javert in Les Miserables, but much more intuitive > sensory. If Javert was LSI, Claude Frollo might be LII? Or even an EII turned bad? He really sacrificed himself for his brother Jehan (probably SLE) and took in Quasimodo out of a compassion and duty to God to make up for his brother’s lasciviousness. Yeah, I’m actually liking the evil EII for Frollo, lol. (BTW, if anyone is interested in reading the novel, I highly recommend Alban Krailheimer’s translation. It’s amazing.)

Frollo is LSI imo in the movie. In the book he's EII. Imo Quasimodo in the book is SLI.

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Frollo is LSI imo in the movie. In the book he's EII. Imo Quasimodo in the book is SLI.
    Yeah, LSI for film Frollo makes sense. And I can see SLI for book Quasimodo from the way he tried to care for Esmeralda after he rescued her.

Edit: Just found this video of the soundtrack ampedup over the finale with the Latin text translated. Holy shit this is even more epic than I remember, lol. Alan Menkin was robbed of the Oscar for Musical Score that year:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwl3qrNxQ1s
    Last edited by Animal; 05-19-2012 at 03:29 PM.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    the incredibles

bob Te-ESTj
    helen Fi-ENFp
    dash Ne-ENTp
    violet Ne-INFj
    frozone Te-ISTp
    syndrome Ni-ENFj
    actually syndrome is more likely ti-extp. hmm.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quasi is not EII, IMO because when we're the extreme odd person out, I think an EII is more likely to react quite unproductively. I think he would need the help and support of someone to be self sustaining movement/propeller of action; otherwise, if I were quasi, I would have killed myself long long ago and catering to the town by being the bell ringer wouldn't be something I would care much about at that point; it's not like I'm saving humanity from a tragic attack by ringing bells or getting my moral message across in any meaningful way.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about Pocahontas? Been a long time since I've seen it, but I would go:

Grandmother Willow: IEI
    Chief: SLI
    Raccoon: SEI

I'm not exactly sure about Pocahontas..."Just Around The Riverbend" kinda seems like a Beta NF song, but then "Listen With Your Heart" makes me think that she might be Se leading, she needs someone to tell her to stop and listen to herself. Also she's a bit of a daredevil, diving off a cliff and all. Kokoum is LSI, and her conflictor, which works. But then I don't have much interest in typing John Smith, which makes me think he has to be Delta as well. Or is it Gamma that I have no interest in? I've confused myself now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or wait, are all the wise old mentors (Rafiki, Grandmother Willow) actually EII is Disney world? In that case, Pocahontas could be ENFp, John Smith could be ISTp, and Kokoum would still be LSE and not the first choice.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Jungle Book

Mowgli - Really not sure, maybe IEE, ILE, EIE? Pretty bank slate-ish. Anyways, 7w6 so/sx.
    Baloo - ESE-Si 8w9 sx/so
    Bagheera - Some Fi type fo sho, not SEE; probably EII-Fi or IEE-Fi.
    King Louie - Beta Extrovert, maybe EIE-Ni 8w9
    Shere Khan - EIE-Ni 8w7 sp/sx, like all Disney villains, it seems...
    Colonel Hathi - LSE-Te

Under cerulean skies...

Ah, Jungle Book.

I would have thought these two were different:
    Baloo - SEI-Fe -- Seems very into the laid-back life, taking in and fully enjoying the "little things" with great relish. Not as active as I think of ESEs being.
    Bagheera - EXI (not sure which; I'm not sure of either Ne- or Se-PoLR in him)

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

baloo SEI; bagheera LIE; king louie Beta extrovert

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is Baloo an introvert? He reminds me so much of more than one ESE-Si I've known, even down to the voice actor...he's a little too "here let me take you under my wing" to be IP rather than EJ, IMO, and more bombastic/expansive than any IP I've encountered.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bagheera LIE? No wai mang...just no wai...obvious Fi ego is obvious, IMO. EII seems like the best bet.

Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

baloo lives Si lifestyle in jungle relaxing by himself floating in water tending to his bear necessities and singing loudly then he eats some fruit and scratches himself and most importantly he waits for those bear necessities to come to him and is real chill about it all ... he wasn't all going everywhere in the jungle looking for people and learning who all the peeps are, and always on the move getting shit done (he's a lazy bastard that baloo) ... they just all kind of come his way sometimes, just like mowgli did ... after mowgli showed up he tried to teach him the Si bear necessities lifestyle and get himself a friend but that ahole bagheera showed up and ruined it pointing out all this stuff baloo doesn't wanna think about like long term stuff and how it's not just about him and how much he enjoys mowgli's company, and finally he just had to see it bagheera's way because bagheera was right.

well about bagheera i don't have anything supporting to say regarding say ESI vs. LIE and i could always change my mind

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hear Gilly's voice very vividly in my head just by reading his posts.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    I hear Gilly's voice very vividly in my head just by reading his posts.
    For some reason I really like that. So thank you

Btw you should get in touch with user Sarinana. Last I knew she was on a similar adventure...and she's hot.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Btw you should get in touch with user Sarinana. Last I knew she was on a similar adventure...and she's hot.
    The latter opinion I had heard of but her adventurousness is fuel to my increasing spark of interest. However, she didn't reply anything to my post on her "Hello!" thread so I might avoid any further contact. I'm, after all, somewhat reserved without responsiveness.

What comes to me hearing your voice; it might be due to the factor that you make referance to similar culture I'm very fond of, like South Park.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The latter opinion I had heard of but her adventurousness is fuel to my increasing spark of interest. However, she didn't reply anything to my post on her "Hello!" thread so I might avoid any further contact. I'm, after all, somewhat reserved without responsiveness.

What comes to me hearing your voice; it might be due to the factor that you make referance to similar culture I'm very fond of, like South Park.
    Turns out her adventures have ended in Whales.

Fuck yeah. South Park is awesome, maybe the closest thing we have to "American Culture." Oh and dubstep. X_x

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Turns out her adventures have ended in Whales.

Fuck yeah. South Park is awesome, maybe the closest thing we have to "American Culture." Oh and dubstep. X_x
    The more fucked up the Land of the Fearful and Incarcerated gets, the more awesome it's counterculture will get. GTA series, South Park and other such entertainment has delighted my mind for long when it comes to critisizing the outdated world we live in. Many aspects of the system errors in the first world are culminated in the Babylonian brothel that is the United States of America.

First we must burn the Old World to make room for the Garden which will use the shit of today as manure of tomorrow.

This turned A BIT offtopic.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The more fucked up the Land of the Fearful and Incarcerated gets, the more awesome it's counterculture will get. GTA series, South Park and other such entertainment has delighted my mind for long when it comes to critisizing the outdated world we live in. Many aspects of the system errors in the first world are culminated in the Babylonian brothel that is the United States of America.

First we must burn the Old World to make room for the Garden which will use the shit of today as manure of tomorrow.

This turned A BIT offtopic.
    Yeah South Park is awesome.

GTA is kind of an odd thing to mention, though, lol.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GTA is kind of an odd thing to mention, though, lol.
    I know but it's actually very critical about society.
    It's basically a parody of the American Dream.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know but it's actually very critical about society.
    It's basically a parody of the American Dream.
    Makes sense.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been watching some Disney stuff lately (I am a hardcore Disney whore), B&B (Beauty and The Beast) is definitely EII&LSE...

President of WSS Jack Oliver Aaron's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am actually unsure about the Delta status of the Beast. In a way, he seems rather too harsh. I agree with EII for Belle.
    Founder & President of World Socionics Society
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/worldsocionicssociety

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Oliver Aaron View Post
    I am actually unsure about the Delta status of the Beast. In a way, he seems rather too harsh. I agree with EII for Belle.
    EJ + ST + E8 maybe = I could easily see this resulting in a "harsh" personality

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Oliver Aaron View Post
    what's even more confusing, is the gloriously charming and sweet man he transforms into in the end... haha.

so far i think of the beast as follows:

originally - vain, cruel, eie-ish disney a-hole
    beast transformation - disney's harsh misguided male character who needs an NF to soften him up
    back to prince - such a loving sweetheart! he just loves everyone now, not just belle

it's all so confusing

maybe he was always eie?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I love Disney movies and collect them. One of my favorites is "Fantasia". I lost count of how many times I watched it. I prefer Grimm's fairy-tales though, even as a child.

I also loved reading Hans Christian Andersen's work. I remember reading the little match girl over and over. I felt like she was me.

http://jacobdunn.com/2010/the-differ...tian-andersen/

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    what's even more confusing, is the gloriously charming and sweet man he transforms into in the end... haha.

beast transformation - disney's harsh misguided male character who needs an NF to soften him up
    back to prince - such a loving sweetheart! he just loves everyone now, not just belle

it's all so confusing

maybe he was always eie?
    Now you confused me about the sociotype of my family member! I was leaning to LSE today in another thread but now I am not sure if he is EIE or LSE. He was married to an EII which softened him and made him kinder. Thanks a lot inumbra. Beauty and the Beast is their story in many ways. hahah

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Now you confused me about the sociotype of my family member! I was leaning to LSE today in another thread but now I am not sure if he is EIE or LSE. He was married to an EII which softened him and made him kinder. Thanks a lot inumbra. Beauty and the Beast is their story in many ways. hahah
    well, fortunately your family member is more complex than a disney character. or maybe that's "unfortunately" ...

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's all so confusing

maybe he was always eie?
    What's so EIE-ish about his assholery? Seems like an understandable character development when you're a hideous dog-beast-thing and you steadily lose your capacity to love another after having gone so long without it.

I don't recall him being particularly "sweet" when the film is done either. Hell, I remember next to nothing about his character transformation other than "oh cool I'm normal again"

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    What's so EIE-ish about his assholery? Seems like an understandable character development when you're a hideous dog-beast-thing and you steadily lose your capacity to love another after having gone so long without it.

I don't recall him being particularly "sweet" when the film is done either. Hell, I remember next to nothing about his character transformation other than "oh cool I'm normal again"
    clearly, i remember the film better than you do. i watched it over and over again after it came out. also, you didn't apparently read my post well. as a beast he's a different kind of asshole than he was before he became the beast. the movie begins with the tale of the vain selfish prince rejecting people on the basis of their external looks, among other things, i'm sure. the witch came to him because he was well-known for being this kind of person. he treated all of his servants in this way too. as a beast, he's a more volatile asshole, more harsh, and animal like. then after belle saves him, he's embracing everyone in the castle, enthusiastically declaring their names as though he *always* so deeply loved them. but i can see ignoring the before-beast and the after-beast on the basis of both those "scenes" being so brief and uninformative. but i am skeptical of this character.

eta: not to mention, that i think one of the things belle fell in love with about him was that there was someone gentle buried under a harsh exterior. but after he turns into the prince again, there isn't any harsh exterior at all anymore, just a really sweet person. somehow, i wonder if belle would still be all into that. i just felt like he wasn't himself anymore in the end. disney had had their way with him. i mean, belle *did* fall in love with the uncouth, uncultured animal. but apparently, that animal was only a feature of the spell itself? neither before-beast nor after-beast were uncouth and uncultured. before-beast was not innocent--not one who is naturally too harsh and knows not what he does. he was *deliberately* cruel. after-beast has lost all hint of that cruelty, as though his heart is like a child's again.

maybe really this is a more complex story of transformation, and *that's* the point. through the animal spell, he was able to recover himself before he became so bitter and cruel. had no one loved him as a beast, still he would have been innocent in a way that only an animal or a child can be (something his vain former self had lost). perhaps, either way, the witch thought this was better.

so putting this together, i suppose i think that the transition from before-beast to after-beast may actually make sense. but 'the beast' himself is actually the character misrepresentation, due to the imposing of animalistic qualities onto before-beast's person. as to why an NF like EIE seems to resonate to me with before- and after- beast... i'm bad at such explanations.

(unfortunately, i had to just keep elaborating on this... :/)
    Last edited by marooned; 09-21-2015 at 06:13 PM.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

clearly, i remember the film better than you do. i watched it over and over again after it came out. also, you didn't apparently read my post well. as a beast he's a different kind of asshole than he was before he became the beast. the movie begins with the tale of the vain selfish prince rejecting people on the basis of their external looks, among other things, i'm sure. the witch came to him because he was well-known for being this kind of person. he treated all of his servants in this way too. as a beast, he's a more volatile asshole, more harsh, and animal like. then after belle saves him, he's embracing everyone in the castle, enthusiastically declaring their names as though he *always* so deeply loved them. but i can see ignoring the before-beast and the after-beast on the basis of both those "scenes" being so brief and uninformative. but i am skeptical of this character.
    Fair enough. In my defense I haven't seen the film in several years and never got too deeply into it.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Fair enough. In my defense I haven't seen the film in several years and never got too deeply into it.
    well, also in your defense, i have spun it into an overly (unnecessarily) complicated mess.
    Last edited by marooned; 09-21-2015 at 10:10 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast