TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Let's lift this up.

So:

Baseline person should fit in a model. Usually there happens some sort of divergence hence DCNH can be applied. DCNH does not make the person weird.

Accentuation:
    This person is not a great stereotypical fit to a model. They usually have some weirdness to them. You could tease out their fitting to a model but it will not be apparent by any means. AFAIK these weirdos may even have the normalizing subtype.

So I got this Ni accentuation. Great, I have great mental imaginary thing going on. It however consumes my energy. Energy imbalance.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine Miasma View Post
    Let's lift this up.

So:

Baseline person should fit in a model. Usually there happens some sort of divergence hence DCNH can be applied. DCNH does not make the person weird.

Accentuation:
    This person is not a great stereotypical fit to a model. They usually have some weirdness to them. You could tease out their fitting to a model but it will not be apparent by any means. AFAIK these weirdos may even have the normalizing subtype.

So I got this Ni accentuation. Great, I have great mental imaginary thing going on. It however consumes my energy. Energy imbalance.
    I think the typing makes sense. You strike me as the kind of person who plays with images and may even create personas readily like an actor.

It's kind of strange that an accentuation can be of a function you already value and have proficiency in. Do you think you developed the accentuation due to any unusual circumstances?

Your accentuation kind of sucks because it means you may have to develop your PoLR function in order to balance things out. If you wish, that is.

TIM
    INxp
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's lift this up.

So:

Accentuation:

So, for example, what would an LSI with an Ne accentuation look like? Would they outwardly be more like an LII, or would they just be a very strange, and maybe unhealthy, LSI?

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I would recommend [Ave] to pay attention to the adjusting the balance of aesthetic
    and fine sensing (S) on the one hand, and the coarser power sensing (F), on the other
    hand. Unbalanced power sensing (F) gives excitability and clumsiness, as well as
    creates difficulties in personal relationships. After all, a long stay in F for the Inspector is
    equivalent to stress. Obviously, [Ave] needs acting to get new sensations and relieve
    stress.
    I wonder if Gulenko was implying (or at least, suspected) that I have accentuated F/Se. @Rune @Sanguine Miasma what do you guys think?

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Manatroid92 View Post
    So, for example, what would an LSI with an Ne accentuation look like? Would they outwardly be more like an LII, or would they just be a very strange, and maybe unhealthy, LSI?
    I don't think they would look like an LII. Probably like a strange LSI.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the accentuation was just a further elaboration on the subtype. So it is strange to me to have an EIE-C with accentuated Ni. Does Gulenko not like to do the two subtype thing anymore? It sounds like he could have just used that.

Edit: I read back to the beginning (skimmed). So from what I remember, the accentuation is not all that important, more a byproduct of the environment you are in. Not really sure how you could actually identify this.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The accentuation is neither an extension of the subtype nor a product of the environment.

The subtype is the subtype and the reaction to the environment is functional state. The accentuation is in between those two. The functional state is not that important.

1) Type
    2)DCNH subtype
    3)Functional accentuation
    4)Functional state

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agate View Post
    I thought the accentuation was just a further elaboration on the subtype. So it is strange to me to have an EIE-C with accentuated Ni. Does Gulenko not like to do the two subtype thing anymore? It sounds like he could have just used that.

Edit: I read back to the beginning (skimmed). So from what I remember, the accentuation is not all that important, more a byproduct of the environment you are in. Not really sure how you could actually identify this.
    I have cyclothymic qualities and I have seen visual hallucinations. I think the most optimal state for ENFx type is hypothymia. Cyclothymic tendencies such as having serious depressive episodes is not very optimal. Apparently I do not come off very harmonizing (body language and stuff) but my interest have been around Ni.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ipbanned View Post
    I wonder if Gulenko was implying (or at least, suspected) that I have accentuated F/Se. @Rune @Sanguine Miasma what do you guys think?
    I don't know. Creative is the most out of the box sub.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know. Creative is the most out of the box sub.
    *Unconventional
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't get any information on my accentuated functions, I'm not particularly concerned. It's probably Ne. I would be flattered if it was Se, but I doubt it. I guess I could ask.

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My subtype in Model G was changed from CH to DC upon further investigation, as far as I know. "Individuated" to a large degree.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ipbanned View Post
    It kind of seems like it, but maybe it's not full blown.

You're C subtype, so there's an emphasis on Se in your personality.

I think if it was really an accentuation on Se, he'd be asking you to improve your Ne, since N balances out accentuations in S, not S.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

https://socioniks.net/consultation/?id=228
    It is unlikely that during intensive work a person will immediately develop a different accentuation for himself. Your state may change, but this state is not fixed for a long time. We often refer to such phenomena as displacement. The most well known are the semi-dual and superego displacements.

For example, if you are a rational logician, then your role function is ethics and you can behave like your superego. For example, a Humanist, doing accounting work or programming, transfers his mental energy to logic, weakens ethics, and accentuation of structural logic may occur. But this is unlikely to happen, this is nothing more than a displacement.
    There is a semi-dual displacement. For example, Critic was appointed to a leadership position. To cope with the task, he begins to develop authoritarian inclinations and often shows rigidity, intractability and brute power sensing. This does not mean that he has an accentuation in force sensory (F). This is the so-called semi-dual shift, it works when a person gets into someone else's attitude to the type of activity and must gain a foothold there.

Another thing is that all this can be a path to the development of accentuation. But in 1-2 months, as stated in the question, accentuation will not develop. It requires much more time and effort. In addition, accentuation is such an aggravation of a function that even strangers begin to notice it in you, even if you are no longer in the place for which this function is needed, but in another. Everywhere accentuated function begins to work. Moreover, accentuations are explicit and latent. If we are talking about the social level, then these are obvious accentuations, others should notice this. If you find yourself in a situation where you have to show a function intensively, but people don’t see it in another place, then you don’t have accentuation.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Accentuations are a bit tricky to explain. In real life, if you have two people, one 6'2, the other 5'7, you will quickly see who is the dominant and who is the normalising subtype. In working environments it's more difficult to see and the line can be blurry. Normalising subtypes can be in leading positions not because of their physical strenght, but because the structure and rules of their environment allows them to give dominant subtypes orders, so the dynamic can be reversed. Normalising subtypes are very passive in relationships. They usually do whatever their partner wants from them. This is quite paradox when both are partners are N-subs, because they both expect the other person to give orders or lead/make decisions

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Manatroid92 View Post
    I had a LSI friend with an accentuated Ne. He is very unstable and unhealty.
    He has all LSI characteristics, but he is also way more nerd than others LSIs. His Ne looks also more vulnerable than an average LSI.
    He is still more similiar to a normal LSI rather than LIIs. LIIs are more kind and genuine and doesn't like rage (Se PolR), while LSI get angry very easy. Also, suggestive Fe of LSIs looks more fake/advantages seeking rather than genuine as LIIs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12