Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ESI-SLE Supervision Relations (ISFj and ESTp)

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ESI-SLE Supervision Relations (ISFj and ESTp)

I just realized I know FOUR SLE-ESI marriages, all of which are male SLEs with female ESIs. The sad thing is, they are all (well three for certain) unhappy. One couple is divorced. Anyway, but I was thinking how interesting it is that I know more SLE-ESI marriages than I do SLE-IEI. I'm wondering if it's because ESIs are kinda bitchy and hard to get so SLEs see them as a challenge. Also, the ESI takes care of the Fi for the SLE. And if the ESI is a fighter at all, the SLE sees them as a worthy opponent.

IEI-Fe 4w3

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The SLE I know best is dating/living with an ESI. It's funny to watch her correct him on Fi things, but I feel kinda bad for him too. But the way he's living his life, it's gonna turn out that he'll need someone who will follow his ideals more than someone perfectly psychologically compatible, so all's well that ends well I suppose.

In this case it wasn't a bitchy/hard to get thing. They were both just really invested in being in a relationship, and a good/long-term one, and they met each other and sharing the same goals and such, they got together. It's funny how much he focuses on his obligations to her. Perhaps a result of frequent polr hits? Shrug.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLEs an LIEs can superficially be quite similar. I've had my fair share of "mutual interest" with IEIs too (although probably victim-victim is much harder to start when compared to aggressor-aggressor). I'm not really sure if I'd consider ESIs hard to get when compared to IEIs, since the latter tends to be "+ infinity" wrt that characteristic

IDK though I think an SLE-Se can get along sufficiently well with an ESI, although of course they won't provide each other any - however they would probably be OK if they had a certain number of dual close friends.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say yeah, because like you said the ESI female wants to take care of the Fi in the male SLE, and the SLE unfortunately just goes along with it (and they both fall for it, that theme), and even wants to prove himself solely to the girl at first (think of introverted supervision as different from extroverted supervision). I would suspect male ESI and female SLE are not as common either, but I don't know for sure.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

perhaps supervision marriages happen more frequently because the supervisor mistakes the supervisee for their dual.

sounds like a good theory about male SLE's and female ESI's though.

my SLE ex had an ESI actual supervisor at work. he used to call her pumpkinhead because slamming her appearance was the only tool he had....he was basically rendered somewhat useless under her baleful eye.

lol

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think it is because the supervisee sees the supervisor as a very good match at least initially and actively pursues them. The supervisor is flattered by the attention and gives in. I've seen an IEI guy pursue an LIE girl, she was like a high value target for him, but fortunately she kept a close distance so that relationship never got off the ground.

An ILE I've dated would get impressed by EIIs all the time and actively pursue them. He had pretty high self esteem and a good dose of self-confidence when it came to relationships, so he would go for girls whom he felt to be a worthy match for himself. He was considering moving to another country for work and at the same time corresponding with an EII over facebook. He said he considered her to be the best match he could ever get plus he was moving to a new country and he said he was scared to go there alone without a partner. So it was mostly a logical decision for him. Now a year into his marriage he is already not that happy, but she is pregnant so I guess he will be staying in these supervisory relations for a long while.
    Last edited by silke; 12-24-2013 at 06:37 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I just realized I know FOUR SLE-ESI marriages, all of which are male SLEs with female ESIs. The sad thing is, they are all (well three for certain) unhappy. One couple is divorced. Anyway, but I was thinking how interesting it is that I know more SLE-ESI marriages than I do SLE-IEI. I'm wondering if it's because ESIs are kinda bitchy and hard to get so SLEs see them as a challenge. Also, the ESI takes care of the Fi for the SLE. And if the ESI is a fighter at all, the SLE sees them as a worthy opponent.

Never. SLE don't like playing games like this and having a "challenge"; they want the person they find attractive, bottom line. Don't feel sad about this situation Redbaron. Find an SLE anywhere and email them; you make the Fi bond/approach, just pretend you like them and want to get to know them. They will go to you no matter where they live. Because I'm an Fi and I'm not afraid to make contacts, SLE think that I want to establish a relationship with them, when I'm only trying to be nice and friendly. That helps them think that I can help them strengthen their PoLR. So go for it, be bold and make the first move.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-04-2011 at 05:57 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    If this were the case then they'd have a lot of problems getting with their oh so allusive dual, IEI. lol
    They have no problems getting with me. All I have to do is drop a line and say "Hi" and if they find me attractive they open the door. You've found this to be true as well. Most are quite mature in their understanding of relations and people.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I'm sure they don't have problems getting with you Maritsa. Guys in general do have problems getting with me, though.

What I'm saying is that they're aggressors and do enjoy the thrill of chasing, which is what they usually have to do in order to be with their dual.
    That just hasn't been consistent with SLE and what you're describing Starfall. At least not in my case. My conflictors want and have been open and willing to jump into a relationship with me almost impulsively, even flying hundreds of miles to date me. I never had to put on any sort of a chase for them.
    -

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In response to OP, this is not uncommon at all. It has little to do with the particular types; Supervision is one of the most common relation types in romantic relationships. Conflict is rather common as well.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah I remember you posting that before, Peter. It's a good example!

And I agree that supervision can be pretty common. It's just sad to watch it after awhile sink slowly down the drain.

Funny what you said about your SLE and his sister, Starfall. I've heard an SLE say the same things about his ESI wife. And it's hilarious how different he acts around people he can be himself with, his language changes, he's suddenly relaxed and takes his guard down, becomes way funnier, etc. I think he's learned to be very guarded around the ESI and feels complete relief when he's not around her.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I posted this before, but here is a clip from the show Merlin in which Guinevere (ESI) supervises Arthur (SLE). It's a very interesting dynamic, as the big bad SLE is basically helpless to defend against her Fi laser beams, despite the fact that she is a lowly servant and he is the prince.

And remember, they end up marrying, and she eventually cheats on him with Lancelot (in the show he seems SLI or ILI). I think this relation occurs because male SLEs represent the traditional idea of a blundering, insensitive male who needs a strong, chiding woman to wrangle him in. In essence, these relationships develop out of a commonly held sense of cultural propriety.

Last edited by discojoe; 03-04-2011 at 03:51 PM.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I just realized I know FOUR SLE-ESI marriages, all of which are male SLEs with female ESIs.
    My grandparents. They've been together a long time and seem to care about each other. She does things behind his back, like giving their kids birthday presents.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's hard to be with someone for that long and not at least care about each other.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

" an Aggressor sees attraction to another person as a static state, which he feels it is up to him to change in the direction more in agreement to his preference."

so maybe the agressor is the most prone to stay in a supervision relationship? if the agressor thinks that the partner's attraction for him is upon him to change, then maybe he will put more efforts in "changing" the assymetry and conquesting the hard-to-get supervisor. plus it could be harder for him than for other types to see/accept the incompatibility, assymetry and failure instead of trying to conquer sb until they are conquered.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default any ESI's here have experience dating SLE's?

Tell me your experiences, what went right? what went wrong?
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope, sorry. The thought of it sounds like it would be difficult, though.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My ESI (won't say who for um, you get it) was in love with an SLE before she moved and had to discontinue the relationship. Anyway, he was really good looking and had a lot of Se bam, which she liked; I mean he wasn't shy and inactive; he was very active and sometimes just get up and did things without thinking about it. What bothered the SLE was her emotionality; she is serious and melancholic at times, but doesn't lack a sense of humor; what he liked was that she took control, was a get done it type and strict, could get not only herself but others to stick with their responsibilities; ESI is mistrustful, critical, and demanding.

Joking around with each other hardly worked as Fi tended to get in the way and her feelings would get hurt easily, leaving him bewildered and at times confused.

What attracted them initially was their sense of humor, but what hurt them more in the future was also that sense of humor; when the sense of humor turned to more criticism, it became the gantlet in the relationship. Energies were comparable; they hung out and did a lot of stuff together.
    -

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My reply in bold within quote

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    My ESI (won't say who for um, you get it) was in love with an SLE before she moved and had to discontinue the relationship. Anyway, he was really good looking and had a lot of Se bam, which she liked;
    SAME. WE GO TO THE GYM AND HE TELLS ME TO STAY PRODUCTIVE. I DON'T ALWAYS LISTEN BUT ANY NUDGE IN THAT DIRECTION IS QUITE HELPFUL. HE'S ALL GIGANTIC AND BUFF.
    I mean he wasn't shy and inactive;
    HE'S SOMEWHAT SHY BUT STILL VERY AGGRESSOR
    he was very active and sometimes just get up and did things without thinking about it. What bothered the SLE was her emotionality;
    YEAH HE TELLS ME TO HUSH. ANNOYING.
    she is serious and melancholic at times, but doesn't lack a sense of humor; what he liked was that she took control, was a get done it type and strict, could get not only herself but others to stick with their responsibilities; ESI is mistrustful, critical, and demanding.

Joking around with each other hardly worked as Fi tended to get in the way and her feelings
    IT WORKS FOR ME BECAUSE EXPERIENCE WITH THIS TYPE TELLS ME THEY NEED THIS TYPE OF DIFFUSION AND HE'S FUNNY.
    would get hurt easily, leaving him bewildered and at times confused.
    IT'S TO EARLY FOR ME TO SENSE IF THIS WILL HAPPEN AS IN MY PAST RELATIONS WITH THIS TYPE. ACTUALLY IT'S MORE TYPICAL FOR THIS TYPE TO BRUSH IT OFF
    What attracted them initially was their sense of humor, but what hurt them more in the future was also that sense of humor;
    HHis Needs Her Needs.
    HE LIKES ME BECAUSE I'M PRETTY AND RESPONSIBLE. END OF STORY.
    when the sense of humor turned to more criticism, it became the gantlet in the relationship. Energies were comparable; they hung out and did a lot of stuff together.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting.

Well right now I've been hanging out with ESI for the last 5 months or so. She has this ability to melt away any anger I once had. She takes charge, which I like. She's also fucking adorable, she acts all confident and shit in public but one on one she's like an 8 year old (but so am I so its nice).

Her sense of humor also attracts me. We make fun of each other a lot, although she's strangely insecure about some random things. She'll put on a movie, cadillac something or other (it was about blues music) and she asks me if I've heard of the movie. I said no, I don't watch a whole lot of movies very often. She started asking if I WANT to watch it. I tell her I do. Anyway its kind of odd because, she doesn't reveal her feelings to me. I've told her how I feel several times, she won't. She is very mistrustful, and on several occasions I've invaded her "trust" bubble just to stretch her bounds a little bit. I'll hug her, cuddle her etc even if she doesn't reciprocate. But then she'll start texting me like crazy the next few days, and have a lot of energy, moreso than usual. Anyway I feel bad because most of her family passed away, and I get this feeling she would feel very hurt if things went wrong between us. I want to just, date her, I want her to open up, so we can figure out if we're good for each other, before we get too close. But I feel like she's sorta controlling the distance herself, and pulling me in very very slowly. We're very close, but if she does this it feels like there's no escape.

I've also noticed some small miscommunications. I once strung a buncha cursewords together into a text and said some aggressive randomness to her (like I always do here, just to make people laugh). I made a "yo mom" joke, and she was like, "oh yeah? well I don't have a mom anymore" and I just sorta stopped and felt guilty, I wasn't sure how to proceed, it was a little awkward.

I don't really know if these are dealbreakers though, cuz at the same time she and I genuinely care a lot about one another.

ps: she's almost an EXACT duplicate of Madeline Zima as far as attitude and tone.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

o.o just don't break her trust in you, don't do anything amoral to such a degree that she'd want to murder you on the spot ^^; Fi can be a bitch and she won't show enough of what goes on emotionally inside...the reaction might be instantaneous and will blindside you.

From what I can tell you really care about her and despite some jokes that went into a very sensitive area she still sticks around doesn't she? Its going to be a tough challenge reading her and she can probably read you loud and clear most of the time. Be straight with her and talk things out if something like that happens again, its better if she understands clearly what you meant or wanted in stead of speculating.

^^ good luck...I never dated an SLI so I don't know about that.

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by lynn; 02-05-2019 at 04:58 PM. Reason: delete old posts

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lim View Post
    that's so strange .. the SLE i like is in a long time relationship with an ESI too. but in my mind they are happy and share a near incomprehensible deep bond and are productive and Te-valuing and beautiful and what else. but if that were really true he probably wouldn't pursue/flirt/or at least talk with every ESI woman who is around and and then try to talk with them about his personal problems. and stare at me from afar like i'm a magical, mystical unicorn whom he dares not to approach when i smile a bit ...
    You like this chicks boyfriend? Lol. You dick. Yeah this type is a huge flirt so i recommended that we have an open relationship. Betas in general just seem like cheeting fucks. So anyway, I'd rather let him experience what he wants and me work on my trust issues. The honesty that comes with this type of open relationship can be a trust builder. He's pretty much against it though. With my ex, we got along best when he just said "look here, this is what I'm going to do, deal with it." it pissed me off but the more open he was, the more i respected him. He didn't have to do shit behind my back. He just made me accept what he was doing. The relationship didn't work simply because he was hella irresponsible due to cultural upbringing.

sp/so 8w9 863 VFEL SCUEN Asshole's Avatar
    TIM
    CS: SLE
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by carrina View Post
    You like this chicks boyfriend? Lol. You dick. Yeah this type is a huge flirt so i recommended that we have an open relationship. Betas in general just seem like cheeting fucks. So anyway, I'd rather let him experience what he wants and me work on my trust issues. The honesty that comes with this type of open relationship can be a trust builder. He's pretty much against it though. With my ex, we got along best when he just said "look here, this is what I'm going to do, deal with it." it pissed me off but the more open he was, the more i respected him. He didn't have to do shit behind my back. He just made me accept what he was doing. The relationship didn't work simply because he was hella irresponsible due to cultural upbringing.
    Maybe you should have started the relationship based on shared values. Not all SLEs are dogs. The problem is that most relationships are started off by people who date people who have a different goal in mind. Relationships are still like every other human relationship(except for close friends), they don't last if they do not have a foundation. Like lab partners that have different goals in mind for the same experiment, lets say one wants to make fertilizer and the other wants to make bombs type of situation.

It's better to be direct, time shouldn't be wasted away throwing trust at some stranger, wishing for them to do what seems impossible for them.

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dated an SLE for three years. I have an SLE brother as well. We get along okay and with maturity I've learned that 1. I want people to be happy and 2. That requires others to accept them as they are and be supportive.
    In the case with the SLE i dated for three years, i didn't trust him. And we couldn't compromise on what type of lifestyle we both wanted. I actually initiated the relationship and he was less interested. After we became serious I was probably less satisfied than him. If he wanted something he would get it whether i liked it or not. In this situation children were involved and he was a less mature representative of this type rather than a mature one. He basically said to me multiple times "it's fine for me to have a terrible lifestyle, you're here to take care of everything." Which was true. SLEs are the most likely type to pursue me. It happens all the time. Actually that's why I'm in this thread. I know supervisor relationships don't work out but one is pursuing me right now and his self promotion is off the charts but so is his ego. We speak different love languages too. He's at the point where he's ready to settle down but wants to jump head first into the relationship. I'm trying to ni lol to help him see that looking a little further into the future will help us both make better decisions. Actually it's working a little. but after the experience with my ex i think if we can learn to compromise and both get what we want out of this. It's a helluva gamble though and I'm super indecisive about this. HELP! Give the advices.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If we assume that Donal Trump is SLE, and if we assume that Barack Obama is ESI (and I think these are pretty safe bets), then Obama is Trump's supervisor. And they might interact like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Htt91G2qDwM

Obama basically made Trump his bitch.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    If we assume that Donal Trump is SLE, and if we assume that Barack Obama is ESI (and I think these are pretty safe bets), then Obama is Trump's supervisor. And they might interact like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Htt91G2qDwM

Obama basically made Trump his bitch.
    Would work for SLI and ESE too...

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sorrowsofyoungwerther View Post
    Tigerfadder, I wonder if the supervison effect is lessened with types. For example, I really respect SLI (I'm and ESE). Hopefully they don't feel supervised by me.
    My idea of how supervision works is that it is about the same for all types. IEI in general like ESE's, they admire their Se and get along well with Fe. And the rest do not really bug them that much. So it is easy and carefree. The other way around is that the ESE see that IEI have their points, the ethic elements get along well enough and everything is fine but somehow the IEI look past the ESE. So the ESE does not feel fully understood. Like, systematically not understood.

I heard people suggest that supervision when the supervisor have the ethic element in their ego things would be more smooth. I do not know about that.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think supervision is generally easier to deal with for extraverts. I mean, the introvert elements (which are always the supervisor of an extravert type) don't tend to be projected out by other people as strongly if it's even possible to do that. I'm not saying it's never rough, just that it's less rough.

I do think a lot of things here are sort of naïvely understood. No one is going to go conquest their supervisor for the challenge, ever (most likely).

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I've known this ESI-Se for a few years and we've always gotten along very well. (full disclosure - I happen to like her a lot. A very lot.) She recently (six months?) found an SLE-Se GF and I met the two of them today.

They seem to get along really well. When they are close to each other, it is like a sensual Se-fest, with the ESI being more dominant and the SLE being more sensually luxurious. Somehow, the SLE seems introverted, but of course, is not. It may have to do with the SLE-Se being the supervisee in the relationship, and being vulnerable to the Fi of the ESI.

The ESI-Se has an SEE father and an IEI mother, FWIW. (I happen to believe that people often marry the same or similar types as their parents. I did.)

The only hints that something might be amiss between them were two glances that the ESI gave the SLE. I've never seen her look that way before, but it was like she was really pissed/angry/upset at the SLE, just for a moment, before her face fell back to normal. It was like a wolf ready to attack. And the SLE did nothing that I could tell to deserve that.

Ah, Supervision.

I married my Supervisor, an SLI-Te, and the relationship was pretty good for a while (I thought), almost like being married to a Mirror, until she suddenly moved out one day. I guess she finally got tired of Supervising me. Lol. When I couldn't get her to move back, I filed for divorce, and this made her very, very happy, because she could then have full control of her "half". I got the distinct impression that she was afraid I would throw away all of our money, even though she was in debt when I met her, and the steady accumulation since then must have been a bewildering accident which had nothing to do with me.

Supervisory feelings are not rational. They are feelings not based on facts.

I once asked her why she married me, and she said she was crazy about me. In retrospect, it might have been better if she had been normal about me.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I once asked her why she married me, and she said she was crazy about me. In retrospect, it might have been better if she had been normal about me.
    . One for the books. I'll keep this in my back pocket.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I feel like you could write for penthouse adam

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just came back from a trip to Seattle a couple of weeks ago, visiting one of my very best friends from childhood. We grew up together but the last time we saw each other I was 20, she was 19 (18 years ago now). When I left the religion I was raised in I lost my friends and the community I had known. Now she has left that religion too, and we’ve reconnected. Our dads were close (best?) friends growing up, and our older brothers were probably duals and best friends.

Anyway she’s SLE and I’m ESI. She is a really obvious SLE VI, too, FWIW. I looked up this thread because I was thinking about supervision and our recently renewed friendship. We really missed each other. It was great to see one another and we had a lot of fun. I did notice times where I felt urges to correct/supervise but knowing this I did a pretty good job I think keeping this in check.

I can see how spending too much time together the relations could get somewhat more tense, but mostly we got along great. Just had basic fun hanging out, cooking dinner, going to the movies, doing things with her golden retriever. SLE-ESI supervision actually doesn’t seem all that bad to me. Maybe SLEs are strong enough or maybe I’m aware enough. I don’t know...

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm an ESI and I usually like SLE-Ti. they're one of my favorite types, they sometimes like me. The biggest moral problem I have with some of them is they don't always respect others' property (but they're often not that way and sometimes it made my pecker hard or made me laugh when they did do "bad" things to peoples' things or bodies including my own body and things), but they almost always stop short of murder; by the time they're in their 50s, at least 2/3 of them are productive without stealing. Some of them favor what I think is a quite ethical foreign policy even though their reasoning is at least somewhat due to pragmatism. Some of them are quite a bit more than 50% honest.

I do avoid and not like ones who are more narcissistic or ones that succumb to the influence of certain EIEs. ILE-Ti can make many people believe anything, EIE can make most people do anything the EIE wants.

Supervision marriages are common; however, I've noticed more ESI-Se and ILE-Ti marriages than ESI-Se and SLE marriages. SLE-Ti seem more likely to marry LSI-Se than they are ESI of either subtype. All but two of those ESI-xLE-Ti marriages was logical female.

It's a great idea to not use socionics ITR theory to try to predict how good or bad relationships will be, especially without subtypes.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ESIs and SLEs tend to view the world in a similar fashion so any attraction on a cognitive level would likely be caused by a certain amount of familiarity that likely may be mistaken for commonality; however, once the libido fog burns off, they'd soon discover that their priorities and approaches are opposite. ESIs seem to have a natural ability to be able to emasculate their partners, of which male SLEs would be particularly resentful.

a.k.a. I/O

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    ESIs seem to have a natural ability to be able to emasculate their partners, of which male SLEs would be particularly resentful.
    A quote that needs to be framed.
    So we all know what LIE's are looking for.

MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chin Diaper 007 View Post
    A quote that needs to be framed.
    So we all know what LIE's are looking for.......
    In general, Ijs tend to analyse everything and everybody - some obsessively. ESIs will likely know the strengths and weaknesses of everyone close to them and the latter information is what they use to attack when things appear to be going south. However, they prefer to distance themselves rather than attack, which can be a bad thing because if things are left to simmer for too long without resolution, they will erupt saying everything that they should have said over the past several months - and it often gets physical. Being deliberate, tactical types, LIEs are usually aware of their impact on others and when they care enough, they seek resolution but SLEs are more likely to overlook pressure cookers when there are no visible signs and ESIs do bottle things up.

a.k.a. I/O
    Last edited by Rebelondeck; 01-23-2021 at 07:25 PM.

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All of the male SLEs I know of like strong-minded women, which ESIs tend to be. When they are not with a strong-minded woman, they are helping their partner to become more that way. I know of one who might be married to a dual? Not sure. He is always teaching her to be more assertive, etc. She appreciates it, has kind of an "I need this" outlook on it.

I have gotten fed Te from SLE before, which made me feel closer to them. There might be some Te Seeking involved with SLE/ESI pairings.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just realized I know FOUR SLE-ESI marriages, all of which are male SLEs with female ESIs.
    This seem to be so common in mexican novels(tv soup). SLE and IEI fall in love, evil twin sister ESI steals SLE from IEI and keeps supervising him and bullying her sis til almost the final episode
    where the duals finally get together lol

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lycantrope View Post
    This seem to be so common in mexican novels(tv soup). SLE and IEI fall in love, evil twin sister ESI steals SLE from IEI and keeps supervising him and bullying her sis til almost the final episode
    where the duals finally get together lol
    How do the ESIs steal the SLEs from the IEIs?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast