Thread: My Parents

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My Parents

I'm very curious about my parents' types to see if I'm related to them in any way.

My father is a logical thinker. He's calm, thoughtful and gentle usually. I have a far easier time talking to him than my mom who's very emotional and just talks without much consideration. My dad's very very mellow but when he talks with other family members or friends, he gets all masculine and sort of puffs out his chest and becomes man of the family. I find that odd. He's more critical in public. When left alone with his closest family though, like if my mom just freaked out on me, he'll try to comfort me through logic. He's hardworking, doesn't drink or smoke, hardy complains, kinda meek sometimes.

My mother is like a firecracker. She's so emotional, she goes up and down several times a day. We'll have a nice conversation and two hours later, she'll be yelling at me and my brother about something that we never did. I can't talk to that woman. She gets stressed out a lot, I think. She doesn't spend too much time thinking about other people. She serves herself and her family. Not as generous or concerned about say world poverty or orphans. Very critical, never really has anything encouraging to say.

What do you guys think?
    I don't have a clue.
    INFP

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTj-ENFj?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: My Parents

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer
    I'm very curious about my parents' types to see if I'm related to them in any way.

My father is a logical thinker. He's calm, thoughtful and gentle usually. I have a far easier time talking to him than my mom who's very emotional and just talks without much consideration. My dad's very very mellow but when he talks with other family members or friends, he gets all masculine and sort of puffs out his chest and becomes man of the family. I find that odd. He's more critical in public. When left alone with his closest family though, like if my mom just freaked out on me, he'll try to comfort me through logic. He's hardworking, doesn't drink or smoke, hardy complains, kinda meek sometimes.

My mother is like a firecracker. She's so emotional, she goes up and down several times a day. We'll have a nice conversation and two hours later, she'll be yelling at me and my brother about something that we never did. I can't talk to that woman. She gets stressed out a lot, I think. She doesn't spend too much time thinking about other people. She serves herself and her family. Not as generous or concerned about say world poverty or orphans. Very critical, never really has anything encouraging to say.

What do you guys think?
    I don't have a clue.

Mother could be ESFP
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    ISTj-ENFj?
    seems weird though that dreamer would say, "i can hardly talk to that woman," if s/he is INFP. i mean mirrors aren't always great, but it seems like usually the communication b/t the two isn't /that/ bad.
    It can pretty bad if the mirror is power hungry female without any scruples out to prove herself to young inexperinced boys.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i mean, i think dreamer would find his/her mother a little more similar than dissimilar if they were mirrors (maybe they're not even in the same quadra.)

(jesus, and you still think i'm ENFj???)
    Mirror in this case would not be you .

What about the prego wife of Sheen dude? What type do you think she is?

I want to find your type so that I can type my neighbor.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    ISTj-ENFj?
    The father could be ISTj, but the mother doesn't sound like an ENFj. ENFjs are really almost always aware of other people's emotional state.

Father: INTj or ISTj -- difficult to say.

Mother: ESFp or ENFp

However, my general impression was of an ISTj-ESFp couple since I also knew one very well. In fact - maybe speculating too much now - the fact that the father seems rather satisfied, and the mother, stressed, may be a consequence of a relationship of supervision.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think my dad might be E but the most mellow/quiet one. Maybe he's I also but he's not as involved in his feelings. He's very simple sorta guy, takes things as they are and just moves on, dealing with them.

My mom may be Introvert too because she seems to dwell in her inner thoughts a lot. My mom supports her arguements by going to the past and pulling out everything to win her fight. That really bothers me that she will do that. My dad can say half what she says and be more effective because he's logical and gentle in his approach. My dad is quiet when he's mad while my mom snaps.

Also, while my dad's honest, my mom's a bit sleazy in that she'll do a lot to get things done like bargaining and etc, not anything criminal, lol.

I should explain that talking with my mom is hard mainly because she's traditional and I'm not and we were raised in different conditions and etc. Sometimes, we're pretty similiar and when we are in agreement, I feel like she's my 'sister/friend' sort of. I feel the need to protect my mom sometimes if that would help. She seems vulnerable to me but I know she's very strong, just don't know exactly how much life she could take.

Haha, it would be funny if my parents are duals. I couldn't see the love between them when I was younger. Now I do but still doubt if it's like the WOWWOW sorta love, you know. They seem to fit each other very well though. They argue sometimes but they have about the same values. My dad comforts her and makes her laugh. I rarely hear her laugh unless she's watching TV or listening to the radio. Seems like my mom's in control of the family affairs but she talks with my dad before she does anything. I would tell her something and the next day my dad would mention it to me and I'm like, wow, how do you know.
    INFP

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTJ DAD
    ISFJ MOM

Oh man, I'm so sure about this. These are my parent's types exactly and you've freakishly described both of them to a T.

I love my dad's mellowness... and he hardly complains either, hardworking, etc.

My mom on the other hand, Let's just say we do not see eye to eye

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds about right.
    INFP

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer
    I think my dad might be E but the most mellow/quiet one. Maybe he's I also but he's not as involved in his feelings. He's very simple sorta guy, takes things as they are and just moves on, dealing with them.

My mom may be Introvert too because she seems to dwell in her inner thoughts a lot. My mom supports her arguements by going to the past and pulling out everything to win her fight. That really bothers me that she will do that. My dad can say half what she says and be more effective because he's logical and gentle in his approach. My dad is quiet when he's mad while my mom snaps.

Also, while my dad's honest, my mom's a bit sleazy in that she'll do a lot to get things done like bargaining and etc, not anything criminal, lol.

I should explain that talking with my mom is hard mainly because she's traditional and I'm not and we were raised in different conditions and etc. Sometimes, we're pretty similiar and when we are in agreement, I feel like she's my 'sister/friend' sort of. I feel the need to protect my mom sometimes if that would help. She seems vulnerable to me but I know she's very strong, just don't know exactly how much life she could take.

How is your mum vulnerable?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure. I dated an ISTJ and a lot sounds similar except the chest puffing and I can't really picture him being able to explain to someone else logically as to why someone was acting the way they were. Maybe an INTj or even an ISTp might be able to do that. An ENTp can vary between logical/calm and rotate to chest puffing as well. I can be very laid back but can't really picture myself tolerating that type of behavior and am far from meek.

For mom, she sounds similar in nature to my ESFj mom with regard the whole high strung critical type behavior. But enough differences that I'd have to agree with the whole ESFp theory.

The thing about my mother's criticisms is that you can tell she doesn't have a malicious bone in her body so its one of those things you just chalk up to innapropriate behavior and don't take it personally.

I could also tell my mom when she's gone too far and she is embarassed but will listen. I guess for me there is the line you draw though between personality and what is innapropriate and even harmful behavior. Erratically accusing people of doing things falls into that harmful behavior category for me and isn't actually personality related because anyone of any personality can behave that way if they have some issues they need to deal with.

I have had an ENTj, ESTp and INFj all behave in that irrational accusation behavior. Its feel more like some power dynamic then it is a personality one.
    Polly
    ENTP

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Polly_G
    Its feel more like some power dynamic then it is a personality one.
    Criticism for them is for power, the establishment of guilt and submission. My ISFP mom specializes in these things. She made me feel guilty FOR BEING HEALTHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!1

STUPID BITCH

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're curious about your parents type to see if you're related to them?
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    You're curious about your parents type to see if you're related to them?
    Uhmm????

I am related to them, that is what is so hard to swallow.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was said in reference to the first sentence of the opening post.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    That was said in reference to the first sentence of the opening post.
    You are right, it is very odd.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A case could be made for your father being ENTj, especially after reading the description of the interplay of your parents.

MS: I guess that he meant in a socionics-intertype-relationship sense.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe. Perhaps my dad is so calm because he's E but the most I of the E.
    My mom is vulnerable in that...she cares too much so when one thing goes wrong, it's like chaos. She literally can't stop criticizing me. My room would be neat and she'll be like it's messy, go clean.

I doubt my parents are duals actually. I don't know...they're partners but not like soul mates. Hmmm. This is so confusing. I don't even know who's E and who's I.
    INFP