TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Our beloved ******

What makes you feel INTP?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uh, where and when did you hear INTp?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Transigent himself, most likely. What makes you think otherwise, Joy?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when? I remember him saying that in a thread a while back, but last I had heard, he'd realized that he was not an INTp.
    SEE

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    when? I remember him saying that in a thread a while back, but last I had heard, he'd realized that he was not an INTp.
    He is INTp because I say so. NeFi typing powers!
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL
    SEE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uhhhh who said anything about logic?
    SEE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    Yeah, but the same goes for ENTp.

It pretty much revolves around the "logic" thingy, apparently only 4 types are allowed to ever use logic? (Alpha & Beta Logical Types)

However, I have doubts that is "logic" exactly.
    i have incorporated your Ti definition. However I still think that Ti cannot be completely WITHOUT logic, even if by itself it is not completely pure logic. i talked about this in the chat with Pedro, however the conversation ended with us both having to think about stuff, though it was prolly just on the tip of pedro's tongue.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

logic is not the result of using one function, it is the result of balancing the use of several functions. as always, balance is key.
    SEE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"If you think about it, "Logic" in the pure form is impossible to apply to anything but Logic itself (e.g. mathematics, etc.) Absolutely NOTHING in reality is totally logically consistent. "

Example? You have a large set to work with, so I'm sure you can provide one.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

logic is not the result of using one function, it is the result of balancing the use of several functions. as always, balance is key.
    I think that natural intelligence is something you are born with, whether or not that has to do with functions isn't my topic in this thread. Part of that is what i mean when i say one "uses logic". Here i'm not talking about an ability but a structure, and i'll talk about that more when i respond to ******'s comments. *working*

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your avatar is revolting, ******.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay transigent, so what type are you?
    SEE

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I have personally seen, I think that has more connection with actual intellegence then any other function.
    Now you'd accuse me of being -phobic, but I have actually observed the opposite.

Anyway, I agree with the rest of your post, except for

If you think about it, "Logic" in the pure form is impossible to apply to anything but Logic itself (e.g. mathematics, etc.) Absolutely NOTHING in reality is totally logically consistent.
    The opposite is true. Everything is logically consistent ESPECIALLY in reality, since it follows the law of causality.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    [

Everything is logically consistent ESPECIALLY in reality, since it follows the law of causality.
    FDG you are sooo OFFFFF base here that it isn't even funy, sorry.

Your statement can be proved to be logically inconsistent itself, in fact such a proof splled the end of the fabled and scary 'PRINCIPIA MATHEMATICA' :wink:
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Behold Dioklecian, the master typist

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    [

Everything is logically consistent ESPECIALLY in reality, since it follows the law of causality.

Your statement can be proved to be logically inconsistent itself, in fact such a proof splled the end of the fabled and scary 'PRINCIPIA MATHEMATICA' :wink:

If you prove my statement to be logically inconsistent, you'll still follow the law of causality in all your actions, since you will act purposefully with an outcome in your mind i.e. disproving my assertion. Therefore, you'll prove my point in disproving it.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[

If you prove my statement to be logically inconsistent, you'll still follow the law of causality in all your actions, since you will act purposefully with an outcome in your mind i.e. disproving my assertion. Therefore, you'll prove my point in disproving it.
    Nope

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[

Nope
    Ok, I'm right, thanks.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[

Nope
    Ok, I'm right, thanks.
    Logical proofs don't work that way, its' a process of discovery, not a legal argument.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes! Metaphysical discussion!

If you think about it, "Logic" in the pure form is impossible to apply to anything but Logic itself (e.g. mathematics, etc.) Absolutely NOTHING in reality is totally logically consistent.
    The opposite is true. Everything is logically consistent ESPECIALLY in reality, since it follows the law of causality.
    Maybe. Maybe not. Prove it!
    The fact that we're speaking means that we know that if we click on the submit button, we'll post on the forum. That's the proof.

If you say everything has a cause, I agree. But where do the causes come from?

Eventually you gonna reach a point where there has to be a causeless cause. That is at least one logical inconsistency.
    I concede on the first cause argument, but it's far from your first claim of nonexistence of logical consistency.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that we're speaking means that we know that if we click on the submit button, we'll post on the forum. That's the proof.

Eventually you gonna reach a point where there has to be a causeless cause. That is at least one logical inconsistency.
    I concede on the first cause argument, but it's far from your first claim of nonexistence of logical consistency.
    FDG there is an actual mathematical proof of my point, read the history of Principia Mathematica, I will send you the theorem if I find it.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FDG there is an actual mathematical proof of my point, read the history of Principia Mathematica, I will send you the theorem if I find it.
    I KNOW the problem of the set of all sets that are not elements of themselves etc etc but that's not what I'm speaking about.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something happening doesn't mean that it is logically consistent.

Well, if you claim that everything is consistent, then I can choose anything in the world, accept your assumption on things being logically consistent, draw the consistency back to that first point, and prove a contradiction.
    1/The behaviour of your browser must be logically consistent otherwise you wouldn't know that if you clikc on the submit button you'll post.

2/You did disprove my assertion by pointing out a logical inconsistency, but this doesn not mean that everything is logically inconsistent, since my example of one thing being consistent disproves your point.

P.S. I ask for a clarification. Do you, for logically consistent, mean that P(X)=1?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1/The behaviour of your browser must be logically consistent otherwise you wouldn't know that if you clikc on the submit button you'll post.
    You assume something has to be logically consistent to work.

I point to the "first cause" to prove that something does not have to be logically consistent to work.
    Gotcha now. You're right here. It's not a necessary assumption.

How can you prove that anything is consistent?

I can prove one instance of inconsistency, but I don't know if one instance of consistency can be proven at all!
    Given that your point up here was correct, than you're correct here, too.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I KNOW the problem of the set of all sets that are not elements of themselves etc etc but that's not what I'm speaking about.
    Me neither, its' exactly the poit you had, the world is NOT rational, it only seems that way to you. REad Jung, he makes these points too.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me neither, its' exactly the poit you had, the world is NOT rational, it only seems that way to you. REad Jung, he makes these points too.
    I'm not buying that there is a difference between what the world is an what it seems to me and all the other people, since it's an useless assumption.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God damn it, how can you be rational and keep that opinion in a forum about 16 DIFFERENT types and 8 functions, and rational and irrational types etc?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is a good example of the pointlessness of logic, and how there is no ultimate truth in logic whatsoever. It should be used as just another tool.

Principa Mathematica!? No. Wasn't that a failed attempt to do the very same thing? Deduce some sort of completely consistent something or other?

Remember this guy?

Exactly, the austrian INTJ

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast