Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 64 of 64

Thread: Hunger Games characters

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    17,948
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tackk View Post
    Expert analysis. I especially like the part where SLE has Fi-PoLR and not SLI, but it's still used to justify an SLI typing. Those are some fooly-cooly beans. If Jack was here, we could sell him some beans.
    Same actually, the best part is when IEIs have Fe polr, I'm going to watch a film like that.

  2. #42
    Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    All about dat heart, no trouble.
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    1,467
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Same actually, the best part is when IEIs have Fe polr, I'm going to watch a film like that.
    Anything is possible Absurd. Especially in films and my imagination.

    Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

    In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

    When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

    So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

    InvisibruJim

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    17,948
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    Anything is possible Absurd. Especially in films and my imagination.
    Okay.

  4. #44
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    ESI maybe
    Posts
    6,479
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tackk View Post
    I gave you legitimate criticism, which you continually ignore, and then you called me weird. Hey WA, go fuck yourself.

    Right back at you then. Whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you, as much fun as a barrel of monkeys.

    It's called a "Joke". Keep up with the action or go home.



    Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    Ops then, my bad. I can see Fi though. I don't pretend to be an expert Tak... i'm pretty sure i have made several posts alluding to having little understanding of socionics as yet. It's a learning experience.

    Why is this riling you up so much? i thought you were a little love bug earlier. What happened, are you ok?
    yeah ditto, tackk, i thought you were cool until you did a total 180o in this thread... I can sort of understand now why people have been giving you a hard time, you seem to ask for it.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  5. #45
    Feel God's Thunder Azure Flame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Jesus
    TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Posts
    1,538
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    the entire story is about LSI good guys vs evil EIE's.

    katniss and her buttmeat are both LSI. The main enemies are EIE's. The other opponents in the arena are various other personalities.

    The whole story is the kinda sadistic shit that goes on in betas heads.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings



    Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

  6. #46
    Generator of Irony HandiAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    484
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Well I think anger is a normal reaction in someone forced to be part of a game where it's kill or be killed. That society is one of fear, where people have nightmares about being picked to be contestants. Some people react to fear with anger.
    I just disliked how she always appeared upset and butthurt in the movie. Even if it was a society of fear. I thought she might be one of those flowers cracking through the pavement so to speak, but she wasn't like that. I didn't gain appreciation for her until later in the movie. Guess that's what counts

    Absurd: You Ti dominants sure say things I don't really know where to put.
    labtard: fml
    Absurd: Hah.

  7. #47
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    ESI maybe
    Posts
    6,479
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    katniss and her buttmeat are both LSI.
    hmmm not sure about that.

    The main enemies are EIE's.
    You could be right, but I actually think they are Fe-seekers, because the whole shebang is about getting pleasure from forcing emotional reactions. Maybe good LSIs vs bad LSIs?

    The whole story is the kinda sadistic shit that goes on in betas heads.
    Yeah i believe that. I can kind of see what the writers were getting at (i.e. society's obsession with reality TV, etc) but the way it was portrayed made me feel sick for hours afterwards.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  8. #48
    Arete GuavaDrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Now in stores near you.
    TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Posts
    1,586
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    As nearly always, the books are better. Thank you very fucking much, Hollywood, for diluting to insipidity yet another story.

    Movie!Katniss as SLI makes sense.
    Reason is a whore.

  9. #49
    C-ESI-Se 6w7 sx/sp ashlesha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    the center of the universe
    Posts
    15,802
    Mentioned
    904 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    im almost done with the first book now. dont really remember much of the movie. but i searched for this thread and expected katniss to be typed ESI lol. is she a mary sue type of character or something? cuz she is very relatable to me and easy to identify with. so i was surprised to see SLE. but maybe that makes more sense when i think of peeta's type because what stands out most to me about his is how he can charm and diffuse tension with humor and i was thinking maybe Fe creative. positive outlook triad. i haven't gotten much type impression about any of the rest. ExE for effie, i guess.

  10. #50
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    ESI maybe
    Posts
    6,479
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    I thought the character in the movie was definitely SLE. She was dry and emotionless like SLIs but SLEs can be the same way. However she was very brash, which SLIs are not. She is quick to act in all situations. The actress could be SLI but the reason I doubt it is because the author thought she was the perfect Katniss, and the character isn't SLI.
    I didn't realize this before, but I've learned this recently as well.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  11. #51
    both sides, now wacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    TIM
    9w8
    Posts
    3,512
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Katniss needs her pita..




  12. #52
    Contra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Posts
    1,404
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I just remember thinking Peeta seemed EII. Too timid to be ESI. Conveniently I also thought Katniss seemed LSE.

  13. #53
    Pookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Posts
    2,367
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    SLE is kind of odd to me. The most prominent and apparent thing in SLEs is their sense of agency. They know they can make an impact when they choose to act, and so life is a collective of their actions that reflect their choices. But Katniss never uses agency in the entire first movie. Other than the initial volunteering for her sister (which even 1D Se could do), katniss never makes any decisions on her own and never makes an act that is of consequence in the story. Even to where we are in the movies right now, she has been advised in all of her actions and her impact to her world is due to everyone elses agency but her own.

    Her character doesnt reflect Se to me at all. Shes fairy tale princessesed through the entire story and never actualizes her agency ever.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

  14. #54
    both sides, now wacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    TIM
    9w8
    Posts
    3,512
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    She sort of did when she made that propaganda film. And when she stood up in the last film against snow. Her acts of agency seem more spur of the moment, within social settings. They are more defiance based, defensive acts, then proactive acts, I agree.

  15. #55
    blue hummingbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Indonesia
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Posts
    45
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    SLI, in the books. She is awkward at lavish attention and she is clumsy at emotional displays. It's not only that, it's how she describes her sense to the surroundings, like pleasant foods, the bittersweet burst of blackberries in her mouth, how soft the clothes are, the fragrance of white roses mixed with blood, etc. Rather than an aggressor type, she is more like a caregiver. She doesn't soak at famousness or riches when she wins the Hunger Games, something that SLE and SEE would do in her position. She only cares about her little inner circle of family and friends, and how much she wants to save them. Overall, she blatantly values Fi.

    That, or maybe she is LSE. I kind of see it, but not really. Then again, I'm an amateur in typing business.
    I'm not a native English speaker. I apologise for any grammatical mistake, and feedback/correction is always welcome!

  16. #56
    inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    no more
    Posts
    7,035
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i also see katniss as SLI, pita as IEE, and effy as ESE, but this is from the movies.

    eta: i keep wondering about EII instead for pita
    Last edited by inumbra; 01-30-2016 at 06:13 PM.

  17. #57

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    TIM
    IEI-Fe 694 so/sx
    Posts
    1,221
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i think the books are delta. katniss is definitely SLI. i don't really have a strong opinion on the other characters ...
    peeta IEE, effie ESE, haymitch something Te? works for me.

    instinctual variants are easier. the capitol (with heavy sx/so influences probably), president snow, president coin, the careers = so/sp.
    katniss = sx/sp
    haymitch = sp/so (i guess. his main theme is survival, but he also takes care of katniss so-blindspot by knowing how to get sponsors, etc.)
    peeta = so/sx
    gale = sp/sx
    finnick = sx/so ?

  18. #58
    ✊ A Rebel With A Cause Lady Lunacik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,024
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The entire theme of the movie was that in a world where everyone else, generation after generation, put self-preservation above everyone and everything, Katniss put her compassion for others first; she cared enough about others, and those she connected with, to prioritize them above her own self-preservation, and that's the very act that inspired the rebellion.

    She stayed true to her own self and who she was, her own integrity and morality, and refused to let circumstances or the capital change who she was and what she stood for. So much of what she did throughout the games wasn't exactly logical in those circumstances, but she did it because of her integrity and compassion. For example, she took Rue in to take care of her, look after her, even though she knew there could only be one winner. She didn't gain anything by making Rue her ally, it wasn't an act of self-preservation. She was preserving someone that reminded her of someone she was close with. In this way, she acted upon her feelings in a way that seems counterintuitive to anyone who is just trying to do the most rational things and survive.

    She pushed herself and motivated/inspired others rather than pampering them, comforting them. What moved people wasn't her own skills with them, it was that she had the courage and boldness to do what everyone else wanted but was too afraid to do.

    I don't have a clue as to how anyone here typed her as anything besides Fi-Se...and Fi PoLR? The entire movie was her acting upon her own values regardless of whether or not it even made any logical sense, lol. She stayed true to them despite the terrible circumstances she was in. The fact that this story was the stuff of nightmares (kids killing kids for fucking sick amusement and punishment) was the entire point, because the movie was about standing up against all of that. Her gamma ass going against the grain and standing for her own values no matter what anyone else did or said about it, even if it meant life or death. She had 0 role models or examples who taught her that, she stood on her own, alone in that, until others joined her because the way she was true to her core values inspired and emboldened them to act against the injustices as well themselves.

    Her Fi-Se was literally what made this entire story.

    In the books, all of those sensory details people mistyped her as SLI for are just part of good writing. It's a style used to captivate readers and make them feel as though they're experiencing things themselves.

    ISFP, ESI, and Sx/Sp.
    Last edited by Lady Lunacik; 12-05-2021 at 02:59 PM.
    ESI-Se ✰ ISFP
    Enneagram: NONE

    "I think that it is sometimes really hard for us to understand what someone else's journey is . . . I think that is part of the intrigue . . . but when we don't understand someone else's culture, or where they have been, we can often misinterpret their actions and what they mean because of that." —A Therapist



  19. #59
    ✊ A Rebel With A Cause Lady Lunacik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,024
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neuroplasticity View Post
    She pushed herself and motivated/inspired others rather than pampering them, comforting them. What moved people wasn't her own skills with them, it was that she had the courage and boldness to do what everyone else wanted but was too afraid to do.

    I don't have a clue as to how anyone here typed her as anything besides Fi-Se...and Fi PoLR? The entire movie was her acting upon her own values regardless of whether or not it even made any logical sense, lol. She stayed true to them despite the terrible circumstances she was in. The fact that this story was the stuff of nightmares (kids killing kids for fucking sick amusement and punishment) was the entire point, because the movie was about standing up against all of that. Her gamma ass going against the grain and standing for her own values no matter what anyone else did or said about it, even if it meant life or death. She had 0 role models or examples who taught her that, she stood on her own, alone in that, until others joined her because the way she was true to her core values inspired and emboldened them to act against the injustices as well themselves.

    Her Fi-Se was literally what made this entire story.
    Also, one final point about Se over Si...lol the entire story was literally about her confronting the moral injustices she refused to stand for and going as far as a full on rebellion/war against the capital for that cause. She was very confrontational against those she found morally reprehensible. Her passionate confrontation against the injustices taking place was what led to all of the events that took place. This is like...textbook ISFP (MBTI) and ESI, I don't get how nobody is seeing this.

    ESI-Se ✰ ISFP
    Enneagram: NONE

    "I think that it is sometimes really hard for us to understand what someone else's journey is . . . I think that is part of the intrigue . . . but when we don't understand someone else's culture, or where they have been, we can often misinterpret their actions and what they mean because of that." —A Therapist



Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •