Alpha Quadra

ESE: Captain Jack Harkness (Doctor Who)
    SEI: Eric Draven (The Crow)
    ILE: Light Yagami (Death Note)
    LII: Spock (Star Trek)

Beta Quadra

EIE: John Simm's Master (Doctor Who)
    IEI: Johan Liebert (Monster)
    SLE: Captain Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean)
    LSI: Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass)

Gamma Quadra

SEE: The Sixth Doctor (Doctor Who)
    ESI: Michael Westen (Burn Notice)
    LIE: Sauron (LoTR)
    ILI: L Lawliet (Death Note)

Delta Quadra

IEE: The Tenth Doctor (Doctor Who)
    EII: Patrick Jane (The Mentalist)
    LSE: Shuichi Aizawa (Death Note)
    SLI: Soichiro Yagami (Death Note)
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Creepy-male

I'd go with Eleven for "badass ILE". I mean, come on. He's not allowed to be any other type. 'Specially not with the bow ties.

EDIT

Or even Doctor Quantum from What the #$*! Do We Know!?

Perhaps a teeny bit of dual bias there

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Eleven is EIE, as are Two, Four, and Eight.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I've heard of three of those.

Why is Sauron LIE? Why not Saruman?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Broken down by subtype:

Alpha

ESE-Fe: Captain Jack Harkness
    ESE-Si: Patrick Bateman (American Psycho)
    SEI-Fe: Eric Draven
    SEI-Si: Neville Longbottom (Harry Potter)
    ILE-Ne: Light Yagami
    ILE-Ti: Dr. Cal Lightman (Lie to Me)
    LII-Ne: Near (Death Note)
    LII-Ti: Spock

Beta

EIE-Fe: Simm's Master
    EIE-Ni: Dr. House (House)
    IEI-Fe: Willy Wonka (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
    IEI-Ni: Johan Liebert
    SLE-Se: Mello (Death Note)
    SLE-Ti: Spike (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
    LSI-Se: Heathcliff (Wuthering Heights)
    LSI-Ti: Lelouch Lamperouge

Gamma

SEE-Se: Six
    SEE-Fi: Nine
    ESI-Se: Michael Westen
    ESI-Fi: Edmond Dantes (The Count of Monte Cristo)
    LIE-Te: Sauron
    LIE-Ni: Saruman

Delta

IEE-Ne: Ten
    IEE-Fi: James Wilson (House)
    EII-Ne: Patrick Jane
    EII-Fi: Itsuki Koizumi (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
    LSE-Si: Pierce Brosnan's Bond
    SLI-Te: Soichiro Yagami
    SLI-Si: Daniel Craig's Bond

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I've heard of three of those.

Why is Sauron LIE? Why not Saruman?
    Sauron showed a distinctively Te style of direction in THe Silmarillon, and he's a rather long-term thinker. That, and he probably doesn't pay attention to sensory pleasure or comfort being a... giant fiery eyeball of doom and all.

As for why Sauron rather than Saruman, Sauron commands vast legions of doom and strikes fear into the hearts of his enemies despite being, well, nothing but a big fucking eyeball. If that's not badass I don't know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    I think L is overrated as fuck, personally, but then again, I never watched a whole lot of Death Note to truly see the mass appeal.

I would replace him with any of the following ILIs: Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho), Killua (Hunter x Hunter), or Kirika Yuumura (Noir), though I would personally go Killua to Kirika to Hiei.

Most badass SLE: Reinhard von Lohengramm from Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

Most badass ESI: Tie between Cecil Harvey and Kurapica from Hunter x Hunter though I prefer Cecil (I realize people will debate Cecil's type, but I whatever).

Most badass SEE: Tenjou Utena from Revolutionary Girl Utena even if she is dumb as a cart of bricks.
    I'm not exactly a big Anime fan, so I dont know any of those. Rest assured, however, I guarantee your ESI example is not more badass than the guy who made a trigger spring out of a fucking hairpin.
    Last edited by Aleksei; 10-15-2010 at 06:53 PM.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    I think Eleven is EIE, as are Two, Four, and Eight.
    Eleven EIE? That's a curious typing, why do you think he's EIE?

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sauron... his evolution is too archetypal and variable. I don't think his personality was explained in detail enough to type him beyond his "professional" activities, which is not relevant in itself.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    Eleven EIE? That's a curious typing, why do you think he's EIE?
    Like most Doctors, he seemed to have a zany, Wonka-ish charm and an infectious love of fun.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

alpha:
    SEI = Leeloo (The Fifth Element), Harley Quinn (Batman) [i think jxrtes once typed Harley this and i agree]
    ILE = the Joker (Batman)
    LII = Jon Osterman/Dr. Manhattan (Watchmen), Arthur/The Point Man (Inception) [hkkmr typed Arthur LII and i have come to agree]

beta:
    LSI = Bruce Wayne/Batman (Batman), King Leonidas (300)
    EIE = Alex (A Clockwork Orange) [someone else has suggested IEI]
    SLE = The Comedian (Watchmen)

gamma:
    SEE = John Rambo (Rambo) [not my typing, but i think i've seen him typed that before and i could see it]
    ESI = Shosanna Dreyfus (Inglourious Basterds)
    LIE = Adrian Veidt/Ozymandias (Watchmen), Rufus Shinra (Final Fantasy VII) [Rufus could be EIE]

delta:
    LSE = Harvey Dent/Two-Face (Batman), Colonel Hans Landa (Inglourious Basterds) [Landa's type may be debatable]
    SLI = the Mariner (Waterworld)
    Delta ST = Dexter Morgan (Dexter) [i think people usually type him LSI]

Creepy-male

Like most Doctors, he seemed to have a zany, Wonka-ish charm and an infectious love of fun.
    That is not describing an EIE.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha Quadra

ESE: Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
    SEI: Saburo (Ran) ???
    ILE: Sanjuro (Yojimbo)
    LII: L (Death Note)

Beta Quadra

EIE: Alucard (Hellsing)
    IEI: Alucard (Castlevania)
    SLE: Duke Nukem (Duke Nukem)
    LSI: Lady Kaede (Ran)

Gamma Quadra

SEE: Gon (Hunter X Hunter) SLE
    ESI: Guts (Berserk) SLE
    LIE: Dark Schneider (Bastard!)
    ILI: Kakashi Hatake (Naruto) or Alex Row (Last Exile)

Delta Quadra

IEE: Vash the Stampede (Trigun)
    EII: Neo (The Matrix)
    LSE: Gladiator (Maximus)
    SLI: Max (Mad Max)
    Last edited by DividedsGhost; 12-08-2010 at 06:08 PM.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Divided View Post
    Alpha Quadra

ESE: Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
    SEI: Saburo (Ran) ???
    ILE: Sanjuro (Yojimbo)
    LII: L (Death Note)

Beta Quadra

EIE: Alucard (Hellsing)
    IEI: Alucard (Castlevania)
    SLE: Duke Nukem (Duke Nukem)
    LSI: Lady Kaede (Ran)

Gamma Quadra

SEE: Gon (Hunter X Hunter)
    ESI: Guts (Berserk)
    LIE: Dark Schneider (Bastard!)
    ILI: Kakashi Hatake (Naruto) or Alex Row (Last Exile)

Delta Quadra

IEE: Vash the Stampede (Trigun)
    LSE: Gladiator (Maximus)
    SLI: Max (Mad Max)
    Lara Croft is almost certainly Beta ST. Alucard EIE is... fucking mind-blowing. What has he ever done to create an Fe atmosphere? He's LSE. Also, while you make a very good point on Vash, Neo is nowhere near as awesome as Jane.

Updated list:

Alpha

ESE-Fe: Captain Jack Harkness (Doctor Who)
    ESE-Si: Patrick Bateman (American Psycho)
    SEI-Fe: Eric Draven (The Crow)
    SEI-Si: Anakin Skywalker (Star Wars)
    ILE-Ne: Light Yagami (Death Note)
    ILE-Ti: Dr. Cal Lightman (Lie to Me)
    LII-Ne: Near (Death Note)
    LII-Ti: Spock (Star Trek)

Beta

EIE-Fe: Simm's Master (Doctor Who)
    EIE-Ni: Dr. House (House)
    IEI-Fe: Willy Wonka (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
    IEI-Ni: Johan Liebert (Monster)
    SLE-Se: Mello (Death Note)
    SLE-Ti: Spike (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
    LSI-Se: Heathcliff (Wuthering Heights)
    LSI-Ti: Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass)

Gamma

SEE-Se: Sixth Doctor (Doctor Who)
    SEE-Fi: Ninth Doctor (Doctor Who)
    ESI-Se: Michael Westen (Burn Notice)
    ESI-Fi: Edmond Dantes (The Count of Monte Cristo)
    LIE-Te: Sauron (LoTR)
    LIE-Ni: Saruman (LoTR)
    ILI-Te: L Lawliet (Death Note)
    ILI-Ni: River Tam (Firefly)

Delta

IEE-Ne: Tenth Doctor (Doctor Who)
    IEE-Fi: Vash the Stampede (Trigun)
    EII-Ne: Patrick Jane (The Mentalist)
    EII-Fi: Itsuki Koizumi (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
    LSE-Te: Alucard (Hellsing)
    LSE-Si: Pierce Brosnan's Bond (James Bond)
    SLI-Te: Soichiro Yagami (Death Note)
    SLI-Si: Daniel Craig's Bond (James Bond)
    Last edited by Aleksei; 10-16-2010 at 01:50 AM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vizzini is the most badass ENTp.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lara Croft is almost certainly Beta ST. Alucard EIE is... fucking mind-blowing. What has he ever done to create an Fe atmosphere? He's LSE. Also, while you make a very good point on Vash, Neo is nowhere near as awesome as Jane.
    I'm not sure how you view the Information-Elements, and I don't want to derail your thread, but the reason I gave Alucard EIE is because he toyed with his enemies. Te efficiency was not a more primary concern. From that, he seemed more Fe+Ni over Fe+Si as well. He enjoyed fighting with his enemies and seemed to have a kind of Ni-creative vision about fighting that the ENTjs share. His lust for battle reminded me of Valhalla and King Leonidas from 300, who I confidently type ENFj. Why do you think LSE is a better typing? Here's a youtube link to show you what I'm talking about

You might be right about Lara Croft. ESE was the last one for me to put a type in. I have a hard time even thinking of any fictional ESE characters, let alone a bad-ass one . I think I saw those movies a long while ago, so I don't remember them too well.

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    Vizzini is the most badass ENTp.
    Inconceivable!
    Last edited by DividedsGhost; 10-16-2010 at 03:27 AM.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Divided View Post
    I'm not sure how you view the Information-Elements, and I don't want to derail your thread, but the reason I gave Alucard EIE is because he toyed with his enemies. Te efficiency was not a more primary concern. From that, he seemed more Fe+Ni over Fe+Si as well. He enjoyed fighting with his enemies and seemed to have a kind of Ni-creative vision about fighting that the ENTjs share. His lust for battle reminded me of Valhalla and King Leonidas from 300, who I confidently type ENFj. Why do you think LSE is a better typing? Here's a youtube link to show you what I'm talking about YouTube - Alucard in Action
    Alucard is very directive and commanding towards Seras, often laying out multi-step plans, aware of the stage he and the Hellsing Organization are in within the plan. He's also rather obsessed with technical details in a way only befitting a Logical function, with his long, drawn-out explanations of the functions of his weaponry. Explanations that... quite frankly sometimes kinda sound like audio erotica. Definite ego there. He does indeed like to toy with his prey, but the evidence itself weighs more heavily in favor of LSE - and if he were an E type, he'd be ESE rather than EIE.

I do agree that King Leonidas was EIE, though.

You might be right about Lara Croft. ESE was the last one for me to put a type in. I have a hard time even thinking of any fictional ESE characters, let alone a bad-ass one .
    ESEs abound in fiction. Badass ones aren't quite as common as badass EIEs, but they definitely exist. Some off the top of my head:

Captain Jack Harkness
    Captain John Hart
    Patrick Bateman
    Alex DeLarge (Little Alex from the Clockwork Orange)
    Ladd Russo (Baccano).
    Last edited by Aleksei; 10-16-2010 at 11:17 PM.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DividedsGhost View Post
    haha I like this

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spock is boring. You gotta be able to do better than that.

Saruman is a Ti type, by the way. No extroversion anywhere to be seen. IJ all the way. Not a whole lot of visible Se either for that matter.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most badass INTp: Hannibal Lecter

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

According to The 100 Greatest Movie Characters| 10. Vito Corleone | Empire | www.empireonline.com

I'll add my typings

10 Vito Corleone SLE
    9 Ellen Ripley ESI
    8 Captain Jack Sparrow ILE
    7 The Dude SEI
    6 Indiana Jones ILE
    5 Hannibal Lecter ILE
    4 Han Solo SLE
    3 The Joker ILE
    2 Darth Vader ILE
    1 Tyler Durden SLE
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Darth Vader ILE
    Post impossible to take seriously.

Hannibal Lecter hates ENTps. Just look at how he reacts to that ENTp prison warden in Silence of the Lambs.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post impossible to take seriously

Hannibal Lecter hates ENTps. Just look at how he reacts to that ENTp prison warden in Silence of the Lambs.
    I think that guy is LIE Ni. The guys who bring food to H. L. when he's about to escape his cell are ESIs and LSIs.
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is nothing about HL that remotely suggests he values Fe, let alone in as visible a way as in a HA function. There is very little that suggests extroversion. Seriously, ENTp is just about the worst typing you could come up with for him.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    According to The 100 Greatest Movie Characters| 10. Vito Corleone | Empire | www.empireonline.com

I'll add my typings

10 Vito Corleone SLE
    9 Ellen Ripley ESI
    8 Captain Jack Sparrow ILE
    7 The Dude SEI
    6 Indiana Jones ILE
    5 Hannibal Lecter ILE
    4 Han Solo SLE
    3 The Joker ILE
    2 Darth Vader ILE
    1 Tyler Durden SLE
    Let's see...

Vito: SEE. He had a very Fi-ish "I scratch your back you scratch mine" way of calling in favors.
    Saprrow: SLE. Favored immediate action and making a short-term impact, and didn't seem to be someone who considered future possibilities, contingencies or potential long-term paths. He pretty much just made shit up as he went along.
    Hannibal Lecter: ILI.
    The Joker: Lived to fuck with people's heads. EIE if ever I saw one.
    Darth Vader: LSI. ILE is about the most ridiculous typing for him I've seen so far. No offense.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not entirely certain but I do lean towards the Nolan version of the Joker as ILE, he isn't as image orientated as Burton's, it came across as more for his own self-amusement. Also the games he played with the bombs on the boats and the Harvey/Rachel kidnapping came across as Ne+Ti gone bad; he wanted to fuel his own sick curiosity into human behavior while simultaneously having no regard or understanding of , it was all about "how will this work"
    btw, for a real life example of this see Josef Mengele
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the Joker and the Batman make the most sense as ILE and LSI respectively. Batman takes the Joker very seriously as a threat to the peace and order of Gotham, but the Joker doesn't take Batman seriously at all, and treats him rather like a child. Supervision makes a lot of sense to me, for them.
    Quaero Veritas.

Dance Magic Dance CloudCuckooLander's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For what it's worth, I agree that the Joker is some sort of Beta NF.
    2-subtype system: IEI-Fe
    8-subtype system: D-IEI-Fe
    16-subtype system: IEI-ESE

IEI-Fe 2w3 > p6w5 > 8w7 sx/so

"He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness. We must have felt what it is to die, that we may appreciate the enjoyments of living." - Edmond Dantes (The Count of Monte Cristo, Alexandre Dumas père)

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

What type was Grand Admiral Thrawn (Mitth'raw'nuruodo)?

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalist Pig View Post
    What type was Grand Admiral Thrawn (Mitth'raw'nuruodo)?
    My guess would be LIE. If not that, then possibly EIE.
    Quaero Veritas.

Creepy-male

Okay, so I'e been watching BAS clips again.

That series' Joker is almost certainly Fe ego.

Watching some DVD commentary, an excellent point came up--Batman and The Joker are played off each other as opposites. Where Batman is grim and sombre, The Joker is jubilant and gleeful.

I thus hereby submit for Loki to be "most badass fictional ILE".

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching some DVD commentary, an excellent point came up--Batman and The Joker are played off each other as opposites.
    ISFj vs. ENTp.

People who type Batman as ISTj and Joker as ENFj actually have to believe that the two are duals. There is just no way to make sense out of that.

Creepy-male

ISFj vs. ENTp.
    Also a valid

People who type Batman as ISTj and Joker as ENFj actually have to believe that the two are duals. There is just no way to make sense out of that.
    Ti vs Fi Batman I guess? From the Wiki article, one Batman commented that the Joker operates on bizarre internal logic that makes sense only to him.

One common Joker trait seems to be that he defines his very existence by his ongoing conflict with Batman. He's just perpetually playing games with his archnemesis. Also, Duals can be as much opposites as Conflictors, each in their own way. I understand Conflict is a difference of values & operating assumptions, while Duality is a difference of key "personality" (for want of a more suiting term) traits.

Anyway, unfortunately, the more I think about it, the less settled on any one opinion I get. I hope you don't mind a bit of circuitous debate

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha Quadra

ESE: Captain Jack Harkness (Doctor Who)
    SEI: Eric Draven (The Crow)
    ILE: Light Yagami (Death Note)

Beta Quadra

EIE: John Simm's Master (Doctor Who)
    IEI: Johan Liebert (Monster)
    SLE: Captain Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean)
    LSI: Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass)

Gamma Quadra

SEE: The Sixth Doctor (Doctor Who)
    ESI: Michael Westen (Burn Notice)
    LIE: Sauron (LoTR)
    ILI: L Lawliet (Death Note)

Delta Quadra

IEE: The Tenth Doctor (Doctor Who)
    EII: Patrick Jane (The Mentalist)
    LSE: Shuichi Aizawa (Death Note)
    SLI: Soichiro Yagami (Death Note)
    I'd say Sixth Doctor is actually the EIE, the only EIE out of the Doctors.

President of WSS Jack Oliver Aaron's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Concerning the Eleventh Doctor, I no longer think he's an ILE, far too EJ temperament, needs to be doing something ALWAYS. At the same time I'm really starting to see Si PoLR. The little things simply don't matter to him, rather than are accidentally overlooked.

I would say it's difficult to ascertain now whether he's LIE or EIE, although I am more inclined towards the latter.

The Joker however is still very much an ILE. Aleksei's idea that EIEs are simply monster clowns misses the point of Extraverted Ethics, it's not about gawking in strange and unnerving ways, it's about having an idea as to what people SHOULD feel and then making people feel that way. Instead of being the villain who says 'I want you to feel X', he instead says 'I just do things', clearly serving as an archetype for the Irrational type of villain. As for the argument that the Joker commands a team of minions, it's important to note that The Joker is NOT regarded as a team player by other DC villains, but as a standalone force to be parlayed with at one's own risk. With the exception of Harley Quinn, his mooks are usually short term and disposable, sometimes mercenary, sometimes mentally vulnerable. To say that they are loyal followers that are emotionally invested in the Joker's ideology overlooks the real charismatic villains like Ra's Al Ghul or Calvin Candie or even Voldemort.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

esi

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Billy Costigan - ESI
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why are all the typings in this guy's posts backwards? Anyway I was trying to think of one for EII. Superman? as played by Christopher Reeve. I thought he seems really nice and seeing him in a wheelchair sucks.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Oliver Aaron View Post
    Concerning the Eleventh Doctor, I no longer think he's an ILE, far too EJ temperament, needs to be doing something ALWAYS. At the same time I'm really starting to see Si PoLR. The little things simply don't matter to him, rather than are accidentally overlooked.

I would say it's difficult to ascertain now whether he's LIE or EIE, although I am more inclined towards the latter.

The Joker however is still very much an ILE. Aleksei's idea that EIEs are simply monster clowns misses the point of Extraverted Ethics, it's not about gawking in strange and unnerving ways, it's about having an idea as to what people SHOULD feel and then making people feel that way. Instead of being the villain who says 'I want you to feel X', he instead says 'I just do things', clearly serving as an archetype for the Irrational type of villain. As for the argument that the Joker commands a team of minions, it's important to note that The Joker is NOT regarded as a team player by other DC villains, but as a standalone force to be parlayed with at one's own risk. With the exception of Harley Quinn, his mooks are usually short term and disposable, sometimes mercenary, sometimes mentally vulnerable. To say that they are loyal followers that are emotionally invested in the Joker's ideology overlooks the real charismatic villains like Ra's Al Ghul or Calvin Candie or even Voldemort.
    Which Joker are we talking about? I think that's an important aspect to clarify.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me and my limited pop-culture knowledge ahoy...

Alpha

ESE-Fe: Nausicaa (animated film)

SEI-Si: Neville Longbottom (Harry Potter)
    ILE-Ne: Wheatley (Portal)
    ILE-Ti: Professor Farnsworth (Futurama)
    LII-Ne: L (Death Note)
    LII-Ti: Ritsuko Akagi (Neon Genesis Evangelion)

Beta

EIE-Fe: Devon (Quest for Camelot)
    EIE-Ni: Frieza (Dragon Ball) (could also be LIE-Ni)
    IEI-Fe: Dumbledore (Harry Potter)
    SLE-Se: Tuco (Breaking Bad)
    SLE-Ti: Vegeta (Dragon Ball)
    LSI-Se: Bagheera (Jungle Book) (?)
    LSI-Ti: Mikami (Death Note)

Gamma

SEE-Fi: Jesse (Breaking Bad)
    ESI-Se: Harry Potter (Harry Potter)
    ESI-Fi: Tinkerbell (Peter Pan)
    LIE-Te: Scrooge McDuck (Disney)
    LIE-Ni: Walter White (Breaking Bad)

Delta

IEE-Ne: Koda (Brother Bear)
    IEE-Fi: Mowgli (Jungle Book)
    EII-Ne: Snow White (?)
    EII-Fi: Gohan (Dragon Ball)
    LSE-Si:
    Soichiro Yagami (Death Note)

SLI-Te: Archimedes (Sword in the Stone) (could also be ILI)
    SLI-Si: Kenai (Brother Bear)

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

IEI-Ni: Phyliss Dietrichson (Double Indemnity)
    IEI-Fe: Jennifer Check (Jennifer’s Body)

SLE-Ti: Vincent (Collateral), Terminatrix (terminator 3), Megatron (Transformers)
    SLE-Se: Wolverine (X-Men)

ILE-Ne: Joker, Sauron (Lotr)
    ILE-Ti: Gordon Gekko (Wall Street)

LIE-Ni: Keyser Soze (Usual Suspects)
    LIE-Te: Negan (Walking Dead)

IEE-Ne: Elizabeth Iselin (Manchurian Candidate)
    IEE-Fi: John Robie (To Catch A Thief)

LSI-Ti: Daniel Plainview (there will be blood)
    LSI-Se: Thranduil (lotr)

EIE-Fe: Magneto (xmen)
    EIE-Ni: Kylo Ren (Last Jedi)

SEE-Se: Baby Firefly (House of a 1000 corpses)
    SEE-Fi: Kathryn (Cruel Intentions)

ESE-Si: Macreedy (Bad Day At Black Rock)
    ESE-Fe: Gabriel Sheer (Swordfish)

SLI-Si: John Wick
    SLI-Te: Mr. Blonde (Reservoir Dogs)

ESI-Se: India Stoker
    ESI-Fi: Lorraine (Atomic Blonde)

ILI-Te: Lisbeth Salander (Girl with Dragon Tattoo), Nina Myers (24)
    ILI-Ni: Kurtz (Apocalypse Now)

SEI-Fe: Marla Singer (Fight Club)
    SEI-Si: Peyton (Hand That Rocks The Cradle)

LII-Ti: Niander Wallace (Blade Runner 2049)
    LII-Ne: Emperor Palpatine (Return of Jedi)

LSE-Si: Don Logan (Sexy Beast), Vern Schillinger (Oz), Jack Bauer (24)
    LSE-Te: John Krease (Karate Kid)

EII-Ne: Katherine Trammel (Basic INstinct)
    EII-Fi: Hannibal Lecter (Silence of Lambs), Christina Scofield (Prison Break)
    Last edited by Kill4Me; 07-18-2018 at 06:07 AM.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    EII-Ne: Katherine Trammel (Basic INstinct)
    EII-Fi: Hannibal Lecter (Silence of Lambs), Christina Scofield (Prison Break)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast