Thread: Most badass fictional character of each type

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That could have been me eating the chocolate.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    That could have been me eating the chocolate.
    And that is precisely the mindset of the Chaotic Evil that would kick you for enjoying chocolate icecream he could enjoy.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think people tend to systematically overestimate the "badassedness" of the ENFj type.

ENFjs are surprisingly ineffectual people when you look at what they really represent. They're basically "whiners". ENFjs influence situations by complaining about things they don't like. Unless someone favorable to them that has actual skills reacts to these complaints, they are largely powerless to acheive much of anything.

The exception is show bussiness and acting. Anywhere else, ENFjs aren't controlling or powerful. On the contrary.

An ENTp has much fewer obstacles to attaining real power over a situation by comparison.

As far as I'm aware, the Joker character largely acts on his own initiative, not having particularly many "minions" at his disposal or influencing many groups in a political capacity. This strongly indicates ENTp > ENFj. ENTp is one of the most independent of types. ENFj is the opposite in that regard.
    Last edited by krieger; 10-17-2010 at 01:10 PM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vito: SEE. He had a very Fi-ish "I scratch your back you scratch mine" way of calling in favors.
    Al Pacino is ESFp, so yes, this is the most plausible typing.

Saprrow: SLE. Favored immediate action and making a short-term impact, and didn't seem to be someone who considered future possibilities, contingencies or potential long-term paths. He pretty much just made shit up as he went along.
    A little more dubious, considering Jhonny Depp is an IxFp of some kind.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    Fe bases by definition are Rationals. There is no Rational who would go about sowing chaos and wreaking havoc. Not an EJ, not an IJ. In fact, look at his conflict with Batman, who is usually portrayed as an IJ. The Joker can be painted either as a trickster or as a force of destruction (also see Xellos from the Slayers anime), while Batman (when not being caricatured as a maniac vigilante consumed by his quest for vengeance) is a force of stability, seeking to restore order and quality of life to Gotham City.
    Fe-dominants can easily be agents of chaos, promoting their Fe on a mass societal scale. They just won't be personally chaotic - and the Joker isn't, he's a meticulous planner.

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    As far as I'm aware, the Joker character largely acts on his own initiative, not having particularly many "minions" at his disposal or influencing many groups in a political capacity. This strongly indicates ENTp > ENFj. ENTp is one of the most independent of types. ENFj is the opposite in that regard.
    His entire goal is to make society see its own inner demons - to influence society on a massive scale. Moreover, he does make usage of minions periodically - he's almost always seen with his gang of clowns, he manipulates the rival mafia gangs in The Dark Knight, there's the bank robbery at the beginning of the film where he makes heavy usage of minions, and he runs his own gang in the comics.

Al Pacino is ESFp, so yes, this is the most plausible typing.

A little more dubious, considering Jhonny Depp is an IxFp of some kind.
    Johnny Depp is an INFp playing his dual. Vito was played by Marlon Brando. Al Pacino's character, Michael, was either an LSI or an IEI - some kind of Beta introvert.
    Last edited by Aleksei; 10-18-2010 at 01:32 AM.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think people tend to systematically overestimate the "badassedness" of the ENFj type.

ENFjs are surprisingly ineffectual people when you look at what they really represent. They're basically "whiners". ENFjs influence situations by complaining about things they don't like. Unless someone favorable to them that has actual skills reacts to these complaints, they are largely powerless to acheive much of anything.

The exception is show bussiness and acting. Anywhere else, ENFjs aren't controlling or powerful. On the contrary.

An ENTp has much fewer obstacles to attaining real power over a situation by comparison.

That's been my experience with them and I pretty much agree. I think R'as al-Ghul pretty much exemplifies this mentality in EIEs, and it's a stretch to lump the Joker (who is usually written as a vastly different character in all the ways that count) into his camp. Also ftr, ILEs aren't usually very "intellectual" - we prefer simple truths (as simple as possible, but not simpler) and the little things in life.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILEs aren't usually very "intellectual" - we prefer simple truths
    Depends a lot on what you mean by intellectual. Interpreted in the most general way I disagree with the statement. But what I think you mean is that there isn't as much pretentiousness and bombasticism to ENTps' ideas. It has a lot to do with the fact they are actually trying to practically acheive something instead of just creating a personality cult.