Thread: Steve Wozniak

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Steve Wozniak

Co-founder of Apple. With Steve Jobs created Apple II in 1977 - the 1st popular personal computer

ESFJ

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha introvert ... In a relationship with Kathy Griffin, who's likely his dual.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LII. Initially he appears extroverted because he's had years of practice in public speaking, and LIIs tend to extravert more when they get talking about something that interests them.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steve Jobs was likely a Gamma. Extroverted, probably LIE. The contrast between Jobs and Woz provides a great case study in alpha vs gamma approaches to technology, business, etc. Woz was always content to play with ideas and new tech for the sake of the fun and enjoyment it brought to him. He needed Jobs' vision and knack for recognizing talent in others to fully realize his talents and turn them into a career. On the other hand, Jobs needed Wozniak's ability to see and think in terms of systems and to connect the dots and show people new possibilities. It's been suggested Jobs cared less about making money than he did making useful things, so Woz was the perfect person to help implement and realize some of those early visions for what home computing could do. Woz has said he was content giving the Apple I away until Jobs convinced them they could sell them and the two created Apple Computer. Neither could have gotten as far as they did without the other. Great partnership while it lasted. Although Steve Jobs (2015) is probably the best of any Jobs biopic, I would recommend watching Pirates of Silicon Valley (1999) and Jobs (2013) to see a better (and probably more historically accurate) representation of how their personalities and interaction styles contrasted. Pirates is especially good because it also features an account of Bill Gates and Microsoft's early years. It's the only one of the Jobs biopics that gives equal screen time to Gates, and it's really fun to see him contrasted with Jobs.

I'm willing to concede Woz could be ILE rather than LII.
    Last edited by perpetuus; 06-13-2019 at 11:46 AM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steve Wozniak - INTJ - Robespierre

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steve Jobs was an EIE. I can't see Wozniak being a LII.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look up other well known LIIs who commonly speak in public. Lots of similarities to Woz in mannerisms. Slight social awkwardness that they somehow manage to turn into an endearing character trait. This can also pertain to ILEs.

Regarding the suggestion of ILI, I'm not seeing gamma NT priorities and values when I listen to him speak.

I could really go either way on LII or ILE for Woz.

Jobs was LIE. A look at his life, interaction style and priorities reveals someone who could be a textbook example of this type. He's not unlike Sagan, an LIE occasionally mistyped as IEI. There's also the whole debacle with the first Mac being an overrated, overpriced, underpowered piece of junk. For Jobs, it was more about the potential or the idea of what a personal computer could be. He saw that in the first Mac, almost as if he was seeing later, better versions of the Mac when he spoke about its potential. I don't think he cared too much whether it was going to fail, because he always seemed to be looking at the potential and the long term. Similar case with the NeXT workstation computer, although contrary to portrayals in fictional biopics, it was not a total failure and had a nice niche in the higher education and business fields.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Perpetual Now View Post
    Look up other well known LIIs who commonly speak in public. Lots of similarities to Woz in mannerisms. Slight social awkwardness that they somehow manage to turn into an endearing character trait. This can also pertain to ILEs.

Regarding the suggestion of ILI, I'm not seeing gamma NT priorities and values when I listen to him speak.

Jobs was LIE. A look at his life, interaction style and priorities reveals someone who could be a textbook example of this type. He's not unlike Sagan, an LIE occasionally mistyped as IEI. There's also the whole debacle with the first Mac being an overrated, overpriced, underpowered piece of junk. For Jobs, it was more about the potential or the idea of what a personal computer could be. He saw that in the first Mac, almost as if he was seeing later, better versions of the Mac when he spoke about its potential. I don't think he cared too much whether it was going to fail, because he always seemed to be looking at the potential and the long term. Similar case with the NeXT workstation computer, although contrary to portrayals in fictional biopics, it was not a total failure and had a nice niche in the higher education and business fields.
    Can you name a few LII examples? I find that most people mistype others as LII very often. I've created a list with LII examples on my german socionics website and I would like to find more examples:

http://soziotypen.de/die-16-soziotyp...lii-beispiele/

It's by far the most introverted type. I don't see many similarities in myself and Wozniak. I've typed him a long time ago, so I don't remember many details now, but I was pretty sure that he's an ILE back then. all the things you wrote about Steve Jobs also apply to EIE.

might as well post the ILE examples from my website too

http://soziotypen.de/die-16-soziotyp...ile-beispiele/

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A quick look to an other website, named World Socionics. ...and I guess Jack is a member here at this board.

He's not unlike Sagan, an LIE occasionally mistyped as IEI.

Carl Sagan is typed as ILE at World Socionics.
    And Steve Jobs as EIE.

Same for myself.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    A quick look to an other website, named World Socionics. ...and I guess Jack is a member here at this board.

Carl Sagan is typed as ILE at World Socionics.
    And Steve Jobs as EIE.
    [/FONT][/COLOR]

Same for myself.
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    LII architecture at its best. ILE's want to discover not so much of that building stuff it is more like deconstruction. Jobs, EIE might work or LIE. It actually sounds more like very productive extinguishment. I don't think it is semi-duality.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Troll: what makes you so sure that Wozniak is a LII? Steve Jobs as EIE and Steve Wozniak as ILE would be a benefit relationship, a very common relationship for productive work. and very productive extinguishment sounds very odd tbh.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People having 1D and 1D are more likely to be introverts in social sense, but that is not a hard rule.

LII can be socially outgoing when they are talking about topics of personal interest.
    How do I know that?
    My own experience.
    ...and I hate talking about myself in public... the main reason why I haven't done a video of myself, yet, but I don't have a problem talking about any topic I got basic knowledge in.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soundofconfusion View Post
    @Troll: what makes you so sure that Wozniak is a LII? Steve Jobs as EIE and Steve Wozniak as ILE would be a benefit relationship, a very common relationship for productive work. and very productive extinguishment sounds very odd tbh.

Just because Wozniak's cognition and communication style is very LII like (true architect) which means he has demonstrative and creative intuition. Like I said, ILE's seek to deconstruct phenomena which implies logic being in creative and demonstrative positions.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tha Woz-Man is LII. Jobs is IEE. Relations of Supervision.

People often think that Supervision relations are "bad" relationships. If the Supervisor likes the Supervisee, they can get along great. The Supervisor will still feel in a position of psychological 'power' but if they respect the Supervisee they won't make open comments about the Supervisee's Vulnerable function, instead slowly helping them out on that side. It can almost turn into some kind of awkward version of Duality at that point.