Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alphas what kind of humor do you like? (INTj, ESFj, ENTp, ISFp)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Alphas what kind of humor do you like? (INTj, ESFj, ENTp, ISFp)

It is sayd that each of the four quadras has its own sence of humour and so here we are having 1/2 of the alfa together, as the types of ENTp and INTj, I would like to ask from rest of you fellow posters to post on everithing related to it into here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that this sarcasm thing is overall in Alfa. We all in here make these kind of jokes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my experience only Delta really enjoys sarcasm as an art form, other quadras are likely to understand it too literally and take it as a personal insult. Alpha humor is kind of different, I would say it is somewhat more playful, everything kind of needs to be explained in order to avoid misunderstanding.
    "Arnie is strong, rightfully angry and wants to kill somebody."
    martin_g_karlsson

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hardly ever make sarcastic jokes...mine tend to be rediculous, ironical, self depricating, or just plain not funny.

The last is probably the most common...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My humor is just acting really silly and making sexually-perverted jokes with my ISTj cousin.

My ENTj friend's humor is just really, really morbid.

That's the thinking side of the Gamma quadra for you...
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just like saying totally innapropriate things at just the right moment , this allows me to show people that I unserstand thier little social game perfectly, but find it so untterly ridiculous I feel compelled to mock it. I can further amuse myself by defending this position with fallicious arguments I think up as I go along.

Sometimes I just enjoy rampant sarcasm, but it must either be very subtle or completely over the top, the middle stuff is boring. Most of the time I simply like word play and ironies... few things in this world are more fun than pointing out the sheer ludicrouness of existence in the most imaginative ways.

Oh, I also love to confuse people and I am the master at doing so, putting thoughts and ideas in others minds, jumping around so randomly that thier heads start spinning... there is nothing more fun than getting another person to accidently admit something about themselves that isn't true...hehehe..
    INTJ/ENTP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I the only one who is sarcastic? Just let me togehter with some ISFp or ESFj and I will turn totally into black humour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think humour can be grouped by qaudra, ESFJs and ISFPs never understand my humour. I think the N/S preference is more important with humour.
    INTJ/ENTP

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've noticed that duals laugh at each other the most.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Creepy-

Default waddles w

Cone, you're right. I laugh and joke with my dual more than i joke with anyone else i meet.

The ISFp has a way of seeing things i miss. I just spent a few hours drinking and joking with my dual, the ISFp. They have a way about them that is both clever and relieving. We all need our duals. may be tough for introverts to find them, but once you do, don't let them go. it is very helpful.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't say anithing sepcific, but jokeing with isfp girl I find my self saing things what are absurd, but hillarious. And she does the same.

Creepy-greco intj

well i found the sausage joke so funny i sent it to my intj and estj colleagues. Guess who found it funny and who didnt :wink:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lmao.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yesterday I found a joke that I found really amusing. I have been telling it to some of my friends, who also seemed to like it quite a lot. To my huge suprise, the joke itself had got absolutely lousy ratings on that web portal. I am INTj and not many of my friends differ from INTJ by more than one letter (INTp, INSJ etc.).

What do you get if cross a kangaroo with a sheep?
    A bouncing sweater.

But what do you get if you cross a kangaroo with an elephant?
    Huge craters all over Australia.

Or another short joke (I have to translate them from Estonian, so no jokes with more than 2 sentences in them )

Did Eve cheat on Adam?
    Yes, because the human kind originates from apes. :wink:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, oh Kristiina, I'll bet you're a real cutie.

here is an Oxy-moron

Ethiopian Food.

I know my ISFp sister got a kick out of it, although she also said it was mean.

Creepy-greco intj

ok here's another

An old man goes to Heaven, and sitting at the reception desk in Heaven is Jesus, who calls the old man forward and says "Old man, welcome to Heaven. I have to take some details - could you tell me your name?"
    The old man says "My name is Joseph." And Jesus says "Well there's a coincidence, when I was on Earth my father's name was Joseph." And the old man says "Well I had a little boy, you know, he'd be about your age by now." And Jesus says, "Well, how extraordinary...but I left home when I was quite young." The old man says "Yes, my little boy left home when he was young. He went away with his friends, they got involved in magic and other mystical stuff." And Jesus says "Another coincidence - how extraordinary, that's exactly what happened to me. Tell me, what was your job back on Earth?". And the old man says "I was a carpenter." Jesus says "Why, that's an amazing coincidence, that was my father's job too.. you don't think that you and I could be..." And
    the old man says "No, you see, my little boy was not born like ordinary boys." And Jesus says "That's how it was with me." And the old man says "Look, I would know my little boy anywhere, you see he has these little holes in his hands and feet." And Jesus says "...you mean like THIS." And the old man says "I can't believe it." And Jesus says "You must believe it - so many coincidences, you must be my Earthly father Joseph." And the old man says, " ...and you must be my little boy -
    Pinocchio!"

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    My humor is just acting really silly and making sexually-perverted jokes with my ISTj cousin.

My ENTj friend's humor is just really, really morbid.

That's the thinking side of the Gamma quadra for you...
    This comment started me thinking and ... well...

I've always been conscious of how I attack the Fe Function whenever possible with humor. I find a society's rules of politeness a very uncomfortable thing. It started to seem natural to me that humor is rebellion against the super-ego functions. An ISFJ laughs at people acting pompously. An ENTJ laughs at disgusting things. An ISTJ finds evil humorous and relieving. An INTP laughs at sex. It's simple, it's beautiful, it must be correct :D

And here's a sample of good old ENTJ fun.

What's black and goes round and round? A dead baby in a micro-wave.

Yay.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm. Seems a person called Edmund Bergler had the same stroke of genius about humour published in 1956. That's it for originality.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes

Yay.
    Somehow, I found that extremely funny.

Here's one I found on a popsicle stick:

Q: "How do you keep a fish from smelling?"
    A: "Plug up it's nose."

Not funny in the least, but my ESTp friend decided to rework the answer: "Tell her to close her legs."

Not a very nice joke, but I'm sorry; I couldn't stop laughing for a long time!

Good ole' anti-Fe...

An INTP laughs at sex.
    Yes, we howl at it. My INFj friend tells me I'm obsessed with sex, despite how much of a prude I am. Still, I must agree with him.

Your INTp friend,

Cone

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    How exactly does Ti correlate to being pompous?
    Simple: everyone with weak Ti thinks Ti is pompous, like everyone with weak Te thinks Te is pompous.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An ENTJ laughs at disgusting things. An ISTJ finds evil humorous and relieving. An INTP laughs at sex. It's simple, it's beautiful, it must be correct

Yay.
    Mwahahaha!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL! I really love the Jesus joke. Truly funny.

The baby-jokes are awful, but a few years ago me and my sister found them on the internet and got really obsessed with them. They were the most disgusting jokes we had ever heard... We still laugh when we talk about them. (There are about 10 that I remember right now, but the ones I remember are too sick to be posted here. I'm new here so I'm at least trying to go by the rules.) :wink:

Does this ever happen to you: You are among a group of friends just casually talking. Someone says something that could be misunderstood. (e.g. "I want to be on top of her" while not talking about sex. Maybe being above her on some talent list.) No one else notices anything before you turn red while trying not to laugh.
    I personally do it all the time. Is it an INTJ thing or do I have a dirty mind?
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Freud believed that there is a cause for everything you say. I mean, the choice of words and then the immediate recognition of what you're saying could be "taken as perverted" might have a deeper meaning.

I do it sometimes too though, especially in the presence of ESFj's(Activity) or identiticals, might be something to that.

but seriously, Kristiina, with a mind like that we all want to see what you look like, post a pic. We all like those sexy INTj ladies. I mean you wanted to be on top of her? woah. (jk)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by waddles w
    but seriously, Kristiina, with a mind like that we all want to see what you look like, post a pic. We all like those sexy INTj ladies. I mean you wanted to be on top of her? woah. (jk)
    It was just one example of someone else saying that and me being the ONLY one who's laughing...
    And what do you mean by "with a mind like that"? You're hoping that I have some kinky pics somewhere on the web, aren't you? No such luck. :wink: I was planning to get new pictures (decent pics!) done, but it will take some time.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I'm a prude. I was just kidding with you. :wink:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    My INTP friend says things that can be taken the wrong way all the time but it is unintentional. I am the one who notices it.
    I'm the same way (as the INTp.) My INFj friend has a field day with the things I say.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most jokes I like are more like stories. Or stuff people did. Example below I got from another forum. If someone I know actually did these stuff, would make it my day.
    I would like to do 2.
    15 Things to do at Wal-Mart

If you don't laugh at these, theres something wrong with you.

1. Get 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in people's carts when they aren't looking.
    2. Set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5-minute intervals.
    3. Make a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to the restrooms.
    4. Walk up to an employee and tell him/her in an official tone,"Code3" in housewares...and see what happens.
    5. Go the Service Desk and ask to put a bag of M&M's on lay away.
    6. Move a 'CAUTION - WET FLOOR' sign to a carpeted area.
    7. Set up a tent in the camping department and tell other shoppers you'll invite them in if they bring pillows from the bedding department.
    8. When a clerk asks if they can help you, begin to cry and ask, "Why can't you people just leave me alone?"
    9. Look right into the security camera and use it as a mirror and pick your nose.
    10. While handling guns in the hunting department, ask the clerk if he knows where the anti-depressants are.
    11. Dart around the store suspiciously while loudly humming the theme from "Mission Impossible."
    12. In the auto department, practice your "Madonna look" using different size funnels.
    13. Hide in a clothing rack and when people browse through, say "PICK ME!" "PICK ME!"
    14. When an announcement comes over the loud speaker, assume the fetal position and scream "NO! NO! It's those voices again!!!!"
    15. Go into a fitting room, shut the door and wait a while and then yell loudly "There is no toilet paper in here!"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taz
    Most jokes I like are more like stories. Or stuff people did. Example below I got from another forum. If someone I know actually did these stuff, would make it my day.
    I would like to do 1and 2.
    15 Things to do at Wal-Mart

If you don't laugh at these, theres something wrong with you.

1. Get 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in people's carts when they aren't looking.
    2. Set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5-minute intervals.
    3. Make a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to the restrooms.
    4. Walk up to an employee and tell him/her in an official tone,"Code3" in housewares...and see what happens.
    5. Go the Service Desk and ask to put a bag of M&M's on lay away.
    6. Move a 'CAUTION - WET FLOOR' sign to a carpeted area.
    7. Set up a tent in the camping department and tell other shoppers you'll invite them in if they bring pillows from the bedding department.
    8. When a clerk asks if they can help you, begin to cry and ask, "Why can't you people just leave me alone?"
    9. Look right into the security camera and use it as a mirror and pick your nose.
    10. While handling guns in the hunting department, ask the clerk if he knows where the anti-depressants are.
    11. Dart around the store suspiciously while loudly humming the theme from "Mission Impossible."
    12. In the auto department, practice your "Madonna look" using different size funnels.
    13. Hide in a clothing rack and when people browse through, say "PICK ME!" "PICK ME!"
    14. When an announcement comes over the loud speaker, assume the fetal position and scream "NO! NO! It's those voices again!!!!"
    15. Go into a fitting room, shut the door and wait a while and then yell loudly "There is no toilet paper in here!"

ROFL... taz, you're a genius! That's some of the funniest stuff I've heard in a while.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to really see someone do number 8 or 14. :wink: Then I wounder which personality would be bravest to some of these things. I would never be able to do 4, 8,9, and 12-15.
    ISFP, SEI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is funny. I same here with Taz. Like jokes like that she posted. I don't really like jokes, for example why did chicken cross the road style of jokes.
    I guess I'm an ISFP.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Surrealistic Humor of Alpha

Surreal humour is a form of humour, stylistically related to the artistic ambitions of the surrealists, based on bizarre juxtapositions, absurd situations, and nonsense logic. A common element of surreal humour is the non-sequitur, in which one statement is followed by another with no logical progression.
    Another significant influence of surrealist humour on popular culture is Monty Python, most notably in their Goon Show-influenced TV series, Monty Python's Flying Circus, which featured a more lucid and intricate style of show structure and many more absurdities and non-sequiturs than the later show, Saturday Night Live. Since the influence of Monty Python, shows including humour of a primarily surrealistic nature include The Kids in the Hall, Mr. Show, The Ren & Stimpy Show, the comedy programming of Adult Swim (especially Williams Street shows such as Space Ghost: Coast to Coast, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Harvey Birdman,12 oz. Mouse, and Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!), Spaced, Late Night, Green Wing, and the comedies of Reeves and Mortimer. In anime, FLCL is another example. Other good examples of more recent surrealist humour can be found in the radio and book series The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Terry Pratchett's Discworld book series, numerous graphic novels such as Flaming Carrot, and films by such directors as Alejandro Jodorowsky, Fernando Arrabal, Federico Fellini, David Lynch, Matthew Lessner and Peter Greenaway. Numerous websites also involve surreal humor, including Something Awful, White Ninja, Buttercup Festival, Men In Hats, and Homestar Runner. The hit television shows South Park, Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, Family Guy, Futurama, and The Mighty Boosh all use surrealism as a major part of their appeal. In stand-up comedy, famous stand-ups that perform surreal comedy include Ross Noble, Bill Bailey and Eddie Izzard. Even The Soup draws from absurdist humor, pointing out the absurdness of modern culture.
    This is from Wikipedia's page on Surreal Humor, which seemed to be dominated primarily by shows which this forum has typed as being Alpha. So would you say that this is accurate in terms of Alpha's humor? And then what is it functionally about Alpha which contributes to this particular genre of humor and comedy?

Moderators: Feel free to move this thread to Alpha if it would be more appropriate there, but in this case since it deals with something as subjective as humorous taste, I thought that this thread in General Discussion would garner more input from other quadras.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee
    i always thought surreal humor was a big gamma realm.
    Why?

But let's break up the basic ideas presented in that little line definition of surrealistic humor: Surreal humour is a form of humour, stylistically related to the artistic ambitions of the surrealists,...

based on bizarre juxtapositions,
    This is best represented by the lateral conceptual thinking of .

absurd situations,
    Alpha conversations are often filled with talks about interesting personal stories, situations, and oddities experienced in life. Absurd situations, is taking it to its comedic limits with the randomness of the juxtapositions and nonsense logic.

and nonsense logic. A common element of surreal humour is the non-sequitur, in which one statement is followed by another with no logical progression.
    Why would nonsense logic be Alpha or even ? Because it is which would allow for one to notice and appreciate the inconsistencies and somehow be able to follow the nonsense.

Also it might help you to keep Monty Python in mind as what is largely meant by surreal humor. The spirit and humor of Monty Python's Flying Circus often relied on at least two prominent members who have been typed as Alpha: John Cleese (ILE) and Michael Palin (ESE). And who knows how Alpha the other 4 members were?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bizarre juxtapositions = NeTi
    Finding humor in nonsensical things: Ne + Fe
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you think it's just Fe?

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want surrealism for beta. Let me try and make something up:

Se-Ti seems better than Ne-Ti at seeing what reality actually is, thus being able to bend it in weird ways.
    Ni-Fe seems better than Si-Fe at imagining this weird reality and giving it colour.
    LSI

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Also it might help you to keep Monty Python in mind as what is largely meant by surreal humor. The spirit and humor of Monty Python's Flying Circus often relied on at least two prominent members who have been typed as Alpha: John Cleese (ILE) and Michael Palin (ESE). And who knows how Alpha the other 4 members were?
    My guesses --

- Terry Gilliam: SEI
    - Eric Idle: LII
    - Terry Jones: SEI
    - Graham Chapman: ILE (he's the most difficult to me, though)

It's worth mentioning that, at their peak - that is, when they were already very successful but still mainly working together - their preferred way to write the script for a new picture was to stay in a tropical island resort for several weeks, so they could have ideas and discuss them and write the script at their leisure. Pure Alpha.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoSpirit
    I want surrealism for beta. Let me try and make something up:
    A want of something implies an inherent lack.

Se-Ti seems better than Ne-Ti at seeing what reality actually is, thus being able to bend it in weird ways.
    I could see bending things in weird ways, but not paired with . is better able to manipulate this reality through its ability to the derive the essence of an object apart from its purely qualities and to thereby juxtapose these essences to create these weird situations.

Ni-Fe seems better than Si-Fe at imagining this weird reality and giving it colour.
    But I am not sure that is involved in surreal humor, which is what is being discussed not so much surrealism as an art movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    My guesses --

- Terry Gilliam: SEI
    - Eric Idle: LII
    - Terry Jones: SEI
    - Graham Chapman: ILE (he's the most difficult to me, though)

It's worth mentioning that, at their peak - that is, when they were already very successful but still mainly working together - their preferred way to write the script for a new picture was to stay in a tropical island resort for several weeks, so they could have ideas and discuss them and write the script at their leisure. Pure Alpha.
    Yes, I am not sure about Chapman either.
    Johari Box

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's the problem. This surrealistic humor is dependant mostly upon Ne (randomness, out-of-the-ordinary) and Fe (appreciation for the impractical/irrelevant, humor/mood manipulation), but no Alphas, who value both, have strong Ne and Fe. Beta NFs do, and still value Fe; while Ne is used in "creating" the humor, the real appreciation for it and desire to create it, I think, stems mostly from valuing Fe. I think the way to tell the difference between predominantly Ni and Ne humor is to see how focused the plot is. A show like Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Sea Lab 2021, or Robot Chicken, that may have some connections between episodes or running gags, would be more Ne/Alpha, whereas shows like Frisky Dingo or Metalocalypse that have a long-term story line would be more Ni/Beta.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see bending things in weird ways, but not paired with . is better able to manipulate this reality through its ability to the derive the essence of an object apart from its purely qualities and to thereby juxtapose these essences to create these weird situations.
    How would juxtaposing essences be more surreal than juxtaposing Se qualities?
    But I am not sure that is involved in surreal humor, which is what is being discussed not so much surrealism as an art movement.
    Ok, this could very well be the key... they took that name without any right to do so (c:

I guess I should watch their movies before commenting further.
    LSI

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoSpirit
    I guess I should watch their movies before commenting further.
    Here's one to give you a general idea.

[video width=550 height=400:0fd2207f43]http://home.centurytel.net/pyromancer/game/flash/tdcm.swf[/video:0fd2207f43]
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast