Thread: Differences between exfps

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Differences between exfps

I am lazy and do not feel like responding to a friend of mine about this so I thought I would post this here and let all of you do my work for me. If it gets too off base I will try and "correct the errors." For the purposes of this thread please do not use phrases like "Well, it could be this but it could be that too", "I hate exfps because they killed my mother and pooped in my eye", "All types are lovely and I appreciate all of them no matter who they are <3 <3 <3 !!!!!", and "We are all right! Exfps are completely identical!" as he will just roll his eyes/find it unhelpful/think you are full of crap. Thank you.

Creepy-

Slacker

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shut up you infp :wink:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what is your friend's type?
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Let's see (based on me being ENFp, just having met an ENFp who was just like me and several close friends who are ESFp).

I think one of the major differences is the . ENFps are more gentle in their interaction with you. Don't be fooled by silly obnoxious circles in the chat - ENFp only does that when entirely comfortable and is probably more likely to do that in smaller, intimate groups. ESFp will be obnoxiously silly more consistently. ESFp is less shy and observant. ESFp will not spend all that time and energy in trying to understand a person as ENFp does. ESFps are fabulous hosts and throw great parties. ENFp likes to attend them (although s/he might feel a bit lost when the crowd is large and most people are unknown to him/her), but will be happy not having to throw them (oh, the pressure).

It really seems as if people are naturally drawn to ENFp gentleness and reveal their life histories to them because they instantly feel comfortable and know that their revelations are safe with ENFp (s/he will never use them against you). This is not quite the case with ESFp. ESFp will listen, but not quite as non-judgementally. ESFp will also run out of listening steam. But when they are close friends, they will go out of their way to listen to you. It just is not as natural to them as for ENFp. BUT people are also naturally drawn to them because they are fun, easy-going and friendly.

ENFps are concerned about your emotional well-being while ESFps want you to feel good in a more fun-loving way.

As a team, ENFp and ESFp complement each other fabulously in group settings. ESFp will cheer people up with jokes and a fun-loving persona while ENFp will lend an ear to everyone who needs it. Should ENFp be comfortable enough to snap into silly mode, however, they will be hilariously funny together. Seriously, there is no stopping the two when they go on a silly fun quest around town. ENFp will adapt to the obnoxious behavior of the ESFp (with a bit less ) and ESFp will display ENFp goofball traits.

Who has more??
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For one I think ENFPs enjoy more disorder and such, and ESFPs are generally turned off by too much disorder.

There are also differences between the guys and girls. An ESFP guy may be more arrogant, ostentatious, and maybe even grumpy. Though they generally like the parties/social atmosphere. ENFPs guys are a bit wackier. They bring chaos and randomness with them, and enjoy it. They may seem almost more like "actors" because of the way they entertian people (if they feel up to it). Then there are also the more laid-back ENFPs... not really as emotional, but still try and get to know people (like, really "know", not just casually know them).

ESFP girls can seem kind of more stuck up... little bi-atchs. They can be somewhat more bossy. They are also probably the most likely type to become Fashion-Police (or cars, money, etc...). They want things to be more neat and clean. They will criticize any behavior that doesn't seem proper. ENFP girls seem more airy/bubbly. They'll take interest in any new thing you present them with. They'll also start to ask you questions about what you think about something, trying to pick into your head. They can actually become really pushy if it seems to them like they are being ignored.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

[quote="Rocky"]
    For one I think ENFPs enjoy more disorder and such, and ESFPs are generally turned off by too much disorder.
    I can't really back that up based on the ESFps I know. They are all pretty disorderly, actually.

ESFP girls can seem kind of more stuck up... little bi-atchs. They can be somewhat more bossy. They are also probably the most likely type to become Fashion-Police (or cars, money, etc...). They want things to be more neat and clean. They will criticize any behavior that doesn't seem proper.
    My ESFp friends are all in their thirties and I don't see any of that. This really sounds more ESFj, actually. ESFps can have a rather improper sense of humor. When I read that, I immediately thought ESFj.

ENFP girls seem more airy/bubbly. They'll take interest in any new thing you present them with. They'll also start to ask you questions about what you think about something, trying to pick into your head. They can actually become really pushy if it seems to them like they are being ignored.
    Yes, this I agree with.

One other thing: all ENFps I know are past 30 (not very many) and the same is true for most ENFps on the board. Most on the board agreed that they were very shy when younger. I would have been mistyped as INFp/INFj until about 25, I would say, based on being withdrawn, shy, sensitive, creative, and so on. I have heard this from other people on here. Only people who knew me very well would have typed me as an insecure and paranoid ENFp. I think ENFps display ENFp traits more when they are more grounded and confident due to age and experience. In conclusion, I fear there might be a good chance that young ENFps are mistyped as INFps and that supposed ENFps are actually ESFps with Fi subtype (much more gentle and friendly and less aggressive). Just a thought.
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to get this topic back on track i would suggest we avoid referencing the exfps in relation to one another such as "enfps are much more/less _ than esfps." assume this person knows nothing about exfps 'in general' and wishes to tell what an enfp or an esfp like if they met one without reference to anyone else. what characterizes these types in and of themselves?

thank you everyone for responding. any tips on how to deal with them in a productive manner would be helpful also. for example, implied what do you do when you do not wish to be dragged around to various places? rocky what do you do when enfps ask you about your emotions too much? kim what do you do when you do not wish to give affront to an esfp who "forces" you to do something you have no interest in?

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    to get this topic back on track i would suggest we avoid referencing the exfps in relation to one another such as "enfps are much more/less _ than esfps." assume this person knows nothing about exfps 'in general' and wishes to tell what an enfp or an esfp like if they met one without reference to anyone else. what characterizes these types in and of themselves?
    You might want to revise the title in that case. :wink:

Also why don't you refer him to the type descriptions?
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i edited my above post. he thinks the descriptions sound too similar. that they mitigate the differences between the two types. he is intp trying to figure out what type someone is. i will leave it at that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know how to get rid of an esfp. use logic. they can't stand that.

and why would you want to not tell an enfp emotional stuff? they are so sweet, it would be good for you.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My sister-in-law is an ESFp. We're different in a lot of ways but I don't know how many are due to type and how many are due to things more specific to us. So perhaps this won't be useful.

She seems to like conflict and seems to intentionally cause it if things get quiet. I shy away from conflict and drama.
    She always wants to be in charge. I'd rather not be in charge.
    She likes to "keep up with the Joneses" - this is a huge motivation of hers, but I don't particularly care about that.
    She has her own business and is really pushy with it, but I don't mean that as a negative thing - it's what has made her successful at it. I could NEVER be pushy like that and would therefore fail if I had to be in sales like she is.
    She is also really intense. I am not particularly intense.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you notice that airy bubbly smiling but that sometimes destroys you with cutting remarks girl that likes languages? -> ENFp

Did you notice that bitchy sexy fashion-police but actually incredibly funny if you know her girl?->ESFp
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Kim: My sister is ESFJ and yes she can be bossy. But ESFPs are similar... just a little different. They do seem to like to be in control (at least some of them do). It's not ENFP, that much I'm sure of.

@Pedro: I don't really seem to have many problems with them, actually. Usually if I show resistance they let it go. But most of the time I don't mind telling people things as long as the person isn't really suspecious or I don't have problems with that person. ENFPs have this sort of "trusting" appearance which I like.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Did you notice that airy bubbly smiling but that sometimes destroys you with cutting remarks girl that likes languages? -> ENFp

Did you notice that bitchy sexy fashion-police but actually incredibly funny if you know her girl?->ESFp
    lol, are you making fun of me?

If not, then our views of the two are very close.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Removed by User Request
    Last edited by DeleteMePLOX; 01-23-2008 at 12:49 PM.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky

lol, are you making fun of me?

If not, then our views of the two are very close.
    No, I'm not making fun of you
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what about the difference between ISFp and ESFp?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    So what about the difference between ISFp and ESFp?
    What isn't different between them?.

ISFps are unusually coloured, and they like a lot of sunlight, lower temperatures and a higher concentration of nitrogen in the soil. ESFps are arboreal for the most part, though they tend frequent swamps and mangroves (note the bipedal locomotion when wading).

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol what?!
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    lol what?!
    You're a plant, dear