Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Recipe sharing thread

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pixie dreams View Post
    I guess I don't like how the flavor and texture of the prunes and chicken would clash together.
    Fried/baked meat and prunes match good. There is also pork with prunes.

> It'll make it too sweet imo but I guess it's cultural differences.

You may try. Taste of Si types should be most universal. That pork, at least.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    Am I even SEI if I don’t like to cook?
    There is regular, everyday meal. It's simple and quickly made.
    Once in a week and on celebrations I cook something complex. May try new recipes or what I liked before.
    To be Si mainly means to like good tasty meal. To like cooking is other thing.
    With the experience the process would be perceived easier. Then you may start evaluate it as a kind of active rest, to switch the attention from common cares.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Chicken jelly

Chicken - 1/2 body of 1.5-2 kg
    Onions - 2 pcs
    Carrots - 1 pcs
    Salt - 2 teasp
    Water - 1100 g + 100 g
    Gelatin 220 - 20 g
    Stock pot - 2 litre
    Container - 2 litre (20 cm side, height 5 cm)

Gelatin pour by 100 g of water.
    Peel onions. Wash the carrots and scrape by a knife.
    Wash the chicken, separate the leg, put everything into a stock pot, add water, bring to a boil and remove the water.
    Pour in 1100 g of water again. Put onions and carrots. Bring to a boil and leave on small fire for 60 min.
    Remove carrots. Leave on the fire for another 30 min. In last 5 min add the salt and stir.
    Remove the chicken and onions. Pass the bouillon through flour strainer and leave to cool. Separate chicken's bones. Chop the meat. Cut the carrots into rounds.
    Place the carrots at the bottom of a container and spread the meat on top.
    Heat the gelatin (up to ~60 grad C / 140 F) in a microwave, in heating mode ~40 sec. (If the temperature of the bouillon is too different from 60 grad, then you can warm it up). Add gelatin to the bouillon and stir.
    Pour the bouillon into the container by a ladle. Allow to cool to room temperature. Place in a fridge for 8-12 hours.
    Pour hot water into a pan, place the bottom of the container into it for 20 seconds. Separate sides of the gele by a knife. Place a dish on top of the container, turn it over and separate the gele.

In the essence it's boiled chicken with its bouillon, then joined with a gelatin. Simple aspic.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567