Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Citrus Bars

6 tbs butter
    1/4 c sugar
    1/4 tsp salt
    1 c flour

Grease 8*8*2" pan.
    Beat butter for 30 seconds. Add sugar and salt. Beat until fluffy.
    Stir in flour. Press dough into bottom of pan. Bake at 350°f for 15 minutes.

2 eggs
    3/4 c sugar
    2 tbs flour
    1/4 tsp baking powder
    3 tbs citrus juice
    1/2 heaping tsp finely shredded citrus peel

Beat eggs. Add rest of ingredients.
    Beat until thicker.
    pour over baked crust.
    Bake at 350°f for 25-30 minutes or until firm and lightly browned.
    Sprinkle powdered sugar if you feel like it.
    Let cool, then cut.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Want to make this

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I made trader joe's taquitos for dinner and smashed up one avocado with one roma tomato for salsa; it was simple and fast.

Later on this week will be

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/06/he...ipehealth.html
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-21-2012 at 03:47 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweet Dreams
    1 Cup of Milk
    45-60 Seconds in Microwave
    2 Tps. of Honey
    ...Stir...
    5 minutes of Pleasure

(You can boil it too...but why wait...)
    Last edited by Leader; 03-21-2012 at 03:50 AM.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone know what i can make with golden beets?
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Teaching you which soba to buy...I love Japanese food and I'm addicted to these videos

-

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sex on the Beach.

1 fluid ounce vodka,
    1 fluid ounce peach schnapps,
    3 fluid ounces orange juice,
    3 fluid ounces cranberry juice.

Fill glass with ice, pour in vodka and peach schnapps, then fill glass with half orange juice and half cranberry juice.

vodka brings to mind old siberian mutilated miners.i'd suggest trying it with something more uuhh summery like ,say,rum.then again i guess that a few rum shots won't get a person drunk enough to have sex with anyone of you on the beach mirite bwahahahaah. hah.
    Last edited by Kalinoche buenanoche; 04-27-2012 at 09:48 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Can you feel the orgasm in her voice?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...6oD4YCYAI&NR=1
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default French Bread in a can - so easy a lazy person could do it.

Preparation Time: ~10 minutes
    Total time from start to finish: ~3 hours
    Yield: About a 5" tall 6" in diameter loaf.

Wash hands before and after touching food. Unless you like grime in your bread and grease on your doorknobs.

Grease a clean 7" tall 6" diameter can.

3/4 c boiling water
    1 T shortening
    1 T sugar
    1 t salt
    Mix in a large bowl.

1 pkg yeast
    1 t sugar
    1/4 c warm water
    Combine in a small bowl. Respond to a thread on the16types. Add second mixture to first mixture.

Gradually mix flour (~4c) into the large bowl until it stops sticking to your fingers. (If you do this by hand, only use one hand. And keep a butter knife handy for scraping it off.) Roll the dough into a ball and plop it back into the bowl. Then grease the top with butter, cover with a clean dishcloth, and go start a load of laundry.

After ten minutes (15 or 20 if you have complicated laundry), come back, take off the cloth, punch the dough until your anger is released, then re-grease and recover it.
    Repeat three more times, but do something besides laundry while you wait. Like surfing the web or trimming your fingernails.

Preheat oven to 375 F. Remove the cloth and move the ball of dough from the bowl to the greased can.
    If you want the top to brown, mix an egg with a tablespoon of water and smear that on the top.
    If you want some fun slits in the top, cut them. I recommend an X.

Once the oven is preheated, bake the bread for half an hour. Then take it out with oven mitts and flip it upside-down on a plate. Wiggle it to get it out. If you didn't grease the can well enough, you may have to go along the edge with a knife. But once it comes out, invite everyone to tear off a piece of fresh bread. Satisfaction guaranteed.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I love you young humans. So, to help me live with my past mistakes and to help you eat and cook well, I'm going to give you a roadmap to success.

1. Try to cook your meals whenever possible; this is important because eating out is still expensive. This helps you same money and keep in good health. You want to have money to spend it on things that help you live the kinda life you want. You'll always know what you're putting in your meals. You can make big portions and freeze your food for use at a later time. I make double portions of pasta sauce and freeze them in ice cube trays; I take cubes out as I need them. I also freeze bulk store bought sauces; heck I freeze just about everything. I do not freeze meats. I just don't like how the freezing process dehydrates it.

2. Buy good quality stainless steel pots and pans because they make cooking easy, fun, effortless, and you won't need to keep replacing them like you would with nonstick items. Get frying pans with lids. This is how to cook and egg on a stainless pan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18hZ2...eature=related

If you really must, go with nonstick.
    Get cast iron pans too because you'll need that iron esp if you're a vegetarian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcOfh...eature=related

Preferably All Clad and something better, like French copper, but let's not go there right now (or until you get filthy rich and decide to share your money with me ). My ex's mom had purchased stainless steel Farberwear and she's had it for 20 years; I'm getting ready to toss out one non stick pan because the quality is terrible and I just threw $20 down the trash...well not entirely because I did got one year of use out of it. Anyway, you get my point. Save your money and get yourself some quality stainless. You can get one piece at a time from All clad outlets. Trust me, I don't have that many expensive items. I was so excited when I turned 33 and had saved enough money to afford one $100 item; just one. But, it's worth it and and wish I had done it earlier.

3. Share your cooking with friends and family. I remember when I was in school my mom used to cook most of the time, but on the weekends, I would make an effort and cook a recipe to surprise my family; now, I cook for my sister because she's in school and needs an extra hand; I cook for my friends and they cook for me too. It doesn't have to be anything expensive or complicated, it just has to taste good.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 05-19-2012 at 07:02 PM.
    -

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Preparation Time: ~10 minutes
    Total time from start to finish: ~3 hours
    Yield: About a 5" tall 6" in diameter loaf.

Wash hands before and after touching food. Unless you like grime in your bread and grease on your doorknobs.

Grease a clean 7" tall 6" diameter can.

3/4 c boiling water
    1 T shortening
    1 T sugar
    1 t salt
    Mix in a large bowl.

1 pkg yeast
    1 t sugar
    1/4 c warm water
    Combine in a small bowl. Respond to a thread on the16types. Add second mixture to first mixture.

Gradually mix flour (~4c) into the large bowl until it stops sticking to your fingers. (If you do this by hand, only use one hand. And keep a butter knife handy for scraping it off.) Roll the dough into a ball and plop it back into the bowl. Then grease the top with butter, cover with a clean dishcloth, and go start a load of laundry.

After ten minutes (15 or 20 if you have complicated laundry), come back, take off the cloth, punch the dough until your anger is released, then re-grease and recover it.
    Repeat three more times, but do something besides laundry while you wait. Like surfing the web or trimming your fingernails.

Preheat oven to 375 F. Remove the cloth and move the ball of dough from the bowl to the greased can.
    If you want the top to brown, mix an egg with a tablespoon of water and smear that on the top.
    If you want some fun slits in the top, cut them. I recommend an X.

Once the oven is preheated, bake the bread for half an hour. Then take it out with oven mitts and flip it upside-down on a plate. Wiggle it to get it out. If you didn't grease the can well enough, you may have to go along the edge with a knife. But once it comes out, invite everyone to tear off a piece of fresh bread. Satisfaction guaranteed.
    I'm confused about the can part. How do you find a can 6" in diameter? Also, is the bread a cylinder shape? Why not just cook it in a pan?
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fenryrr View Post
    I'm confused about the can part. How do you find a can 6" in diameter? Also, is the bread a cylinder shape?
    Cooking it the old-fashioned way is an option, but cans are more fun. Yes, it is a cylinder shape. With bumpy sides. My can came with some dried ingredients in it. A coffee can might work.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just thought I'd share some of my favorite family recipes.

Cranberry-Apple Pie

I like this pie better than regular apple because I like the tartness of the cranberries. Makes it way more exciting!

• 4 cups sliced apples (McIntosh or Granny Smith)
    • 2 cups fresh/frozen cranberries, rinsed
    • 1/4 cup water
    • 1/4 cup apple juice
    • 1/4 tsp lemon juice
    • 4 tbs corn starch
    • 2 cups sugar
    • 1/8 tsp nutmeg
    • 3/4 tsp cinnamon
    • 1/2 ts[ apple spice
    • 3 tbs butter (cubed)
    • 2 pie crusts

1. mix dry ingredients
    2. mix water, juice, lemon
    3. mix apples & cranberries
    4. put 1/2 apple/cran mix in each pie shell and drizzle with 1/2 wet mixture
    5. drizzle w/ half dry ingredients
    6. repeat layers
    7. cube butter and distribute
    8. put on top crust and vent
    9. bake at 425 for 10 mins & 350 for 50 mins

Pasta Vodka

@hkkmr - here is the recipe I was telling you about. Literally my favorite food ever. EVER.

• olive oil
    • 1 medium sweet onion (diced)
    • 2 16oz cans tomato sauce
    • fresh parsley
    • cayenne pepper
    • ground pepper
    • 2 cups good grated romano/parmesan cheese blend
    • 1/2 pint heavy cream
    • 2 splashes vodka

1. saute onions in olive oil until very soft
    2. add tomato sauce, bay leaves, parsley, cayenne pepper & pepper (to taste)
    3. simmer 15 mins
    4. add cheese
    5. stir until melted
    6. add heavy cream until nice color - not too much!
    7. add vodka
    8. serve over rigatoni noodles

Sausage and Squash Casserole

Simple and yummy.

• 2 lbs yellow squash
    • 1 lb ground sausage
    • 1/2 medium onion (diced)
    • 1/2-1 cup milk
    • 1/4 cup bread crumbs
    • 3 eggs
    • 1-1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
    • salt & pepper

30 Minutes @ 350 degreees in 9x11" pan.

* pictures from google and only resemble actual dishes
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I love you young humans. So, to help me live with my past mistakes and to help you eat and cook well, I'm going to give you a roadmap to success.

1. Try to cook your meals whenever possible; this is important because eating out is still expensive. This helps you same money and keep in good health. You want to have money to spend it on things that help you live the kinda life you want. You'll always know what you're putting in your meals. You can make big portions and freeze your food for use at a later time. I make double portions of pasta sauce and freeze them in ice cube trays; I take cubes out as I need them. I also freeze bulk store bought sauces; heck I freeze just about everything. I do not freeze meats. I just don't like how the freezing process dehydrates it.

2. Buy good quality stainless steel pots and pans because they make cooking easy, fun, effortless, and you won't need to keep replacing them like you would with nonstick items. Get frying pans with lids. This is how to cook and egg on a stainless pan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18hZ2...eature=related

If you really must, go with nonstick.
    Get cast iron pans too because you'll need that iron esp if you're a vegetarian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcOfh...eature=related

Preferably All Clad and something better, like French copper, but let's not go there right now (or until you get filthy rich and decide to share your money with me ). My ex's mom had purchased stainless steel Farberwear and she's had it for 20 years; I'm getting ready to toss out one non stick pan because the quality is terrible and I just threw $20 down the trash...well not entirely because I did got one year of use out of it. Anyway, you get my point. Save your money and get yourself some quality stainless. You can get one piece at a time from All clad outlets. Trust me, I don't have that many expensive items. I was so excited when I turned 33 and had saved enough money to afford one $100 item; just one. But, it's worth it and and wish I had done it earlier.

3. Share your cooking with friends and family. I remember when I was in school my mom used to cook most of the time, but on the weekends, I would make an effort and cook a recipe to surprise my family; now, I cook for my sister because she's in school and needs an extra hand; I cook for my friends and they cook for me too. It doesn't have to be anything expensive or complicated, it just has to taste good.
    this is not a recipe.

TIM
    ILE, E5 so/sx, INTP
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pasta Vodka

• olive oil
    • 1 medium sweet onion (diced)
    • 2 16oz cans tomato sauce
    • fresh parsley
    • cayenne pepper
    • ground pepper
    • 2 cups good grated romano/parmesan cheese blend
    • 1/2 pint heavy cream
    • 2 splashes vodka

1. saute onions in olive oil until very soft
    2. add tomato sauce, bay leaves, parsley, cayenne pepper & pepper (to taste)
    3. simmer 15 mins
    4. add cheese
    5. stir until melted
    6. add heavy cream until nice color - not too much!
    7. add vodka
    8. serve over rigatoni noodles
    This is AMAZING!
    ILE; INTP
    5w6 so; rcUe|I|;

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...Sprouts-240260

For brussels sprouts
    2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
    3 tablespoons canola oil
    2 tablespoons unsalted butter

For dressing
    1/4 cup Asian fish sauce (preferably Tiparos brand)
    1/4 cup water
    1/4 cup sugar
    3 tablespoons finely chopped mint
    2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro stems
    1 garlic clove, minced
    1 (1 1/2-inch) fresh red Thai chile, thinly sliced crosswise, including seeds

For puffed rice
    1/2 cup crisp rice cereal such as Rice Krispies
    1/4 teaspoon canola oil
    1/4 teaspoon shichimi togarashi (Japanese seven-spice blend)

Garnish: cilantro sprigs; torn mint leaves; chopped scallions

Roast brussels sprouts:
    Preheat oven to 450°F with rack in upper third.
    Toss Brussels sprouts with oil, then arrange, cut sides down, in a 17- by 12-inch shallow baking pan. Roast, without turning, until outer leaves are tender and very dark brown, 40 to 45 minutes(wrong unless it's giant sprouts, 15-20 minutes). Add butter and toss to coat.
    Make dressing:
    Stir together all dressing ingredients until sugar has dissolved.
    Make puffed rice while sprouts roast:
    Cook cereal, oil, and shichimi togarashi in a small skillet over medium heat, shaking skillet and stirring, until rice is coated and begins to turn golden, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cool, stirring occasionally.
    Finish dish:
    Put Brussels sprouts in a serving bowl, then toss with just enough dressing to coat. Sprinkle with puffed rice and serve remaining dressing on the side.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sausage and Squash Casserole

Simple and yummy.

• 2 lbs yellow squash
    • 1 lb ground sausage
    • 1/2-1 cup milk
    • 1/4 cup bread crumbs
    • 3 eggs
    • salt & pepper

30 Minutes @ 350 degreees in 9x11" pan.(
    I will make this.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will make this.
    Be sure to use a sweet onion and not a red onion.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Be sure to use a sweet onion and not a red onion.
    We always use yellow onion.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Spaghetti Sauce

1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
    24-30 oz tomato sauce
    1/2 yellow onion, diced
    3-4 minced garlic cloves
    oregano (generous)
    basil (generous)
    marjoram (moderate)
    onion powder (moderate)
    thyme (dash)
    salt (dash)
    pepper (dash)

Mix together and serve over noodles. Parmesan cheese optional.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Creepy-bg

Parmesan cheese optional.
    NO IT ISN'T!

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spaghetti Sauce (Park's version)

1) Rummage through your kitchen to see what is available.

1a. If you fail to find sufficient material, go buy some.

1b. Alternatively, you can give up at this point.

2) Decide which ingredients you're going to use by imagining how they taste and what goes with what.

3) Rinse, mince, slice, and dice as you please.

4) Mix chosen ingredients together, bring to heat if necessary.

5) Make it taste good.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mushrooms Chicken Soup.

Half of chicken (washed and sliced)
    Water
    Salt (to taste)
    4 chillies
    1 ginger (diced)
    2 carrots (washed and diced)
    1 stalk celery (thinly sliced)
    5 mushrooms (sliced)

Instruction.

1. Place the chicken in large soup pot, add water until the chicken fully covered. Add ginger and boil them for 30 minutes.
    2. After that, add carrots, celery, mushrooms and chillies (in descending order). Add some salt (to taste). Wait more for 10 minutes.
    3. Wait 5-10 minutes to cool before serving.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

• 2 lbs yellow squash
    • 1 lb ground sausage
    • 1/2-1 cup milk
    • 1/4 cup bread crumbs
    • 3 eggs
    • salt & pepper

30 Minutes @ 350 degreees in 9x11" pan.
    I chopped the squash. I assume I just mix everything together and bake it. I think I'll use less milk and more cheese. But someone needs to dice an onion for me. My eyes are extremely susceptible to onion fumes.

Do I pre-cook the sausage?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I chopped the squash. I assume I just mix everything together and bake it. I think I'll use less milk and more cheese. But someone needs to dice an onion for me. My eyes are extremely susceptible to onion fumes.

Do I pre-cook the sausage?
    Ummmmmm...I dunno about the sausage. I think you let it cook in the casserole. But I don't remember. :|

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ummmmmm...I dunno about the sausage. I think you let it cook in the casserole. But I don't remember. :|
    Google told me to pre-cook the sausage. I decided that was better than leaving the grease in anyway.
    I thought salt an pepper wasn't spice enough, so I sniffed a few and added a pinch each of cumin and oregano. Then my mom came home and recommended cumin, marjoram (similar to oregano), and cilantro (which I substituted parsley for).

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a leek at the supermarket because it was leafy and green and calling my name, but I have never cooked a leek before. I haven't even eaten a leek before, I don't think. What should I do with it?

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

http://www.keyingredient.com/recipes...d-leak-quiche/

Try this, leeks ham and quiche go great together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow5n1NvS0f8

this is the closest i'll ever get to making a cake,let alone waking up for it.then again never say never :|

i personally like eating cake when it gets stale because that's when it gets some substance without necessarily losing its taste
    why don't youtube videos appear up here anymore just by dropping the link ?

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow5n1NvS0f8

why don't youtube videos appear up here anymore just by dropping the link ?

you have to wrap the url in a [video] tag now. there's also a button to do it if you want... looks like a little blue ladder or something, next to the little quote button.

Creepy-bg

this is one of my alltime favorite meals... for some reason it's also nearly sure to bring strange vivid dreams for some reason.

Welsh Rabbit (it's a cheese dish, not rabbit )

6 cups grated cheddar cheese (about 1 1/2 pounds)
    2 tablespoons butter
    4 egg yolks
    1/2 cup beer
    1 tablespoon dijon mustard
    2 teaspoons worcestershire
    1 teaspoon salt
    3 drops tobasco
    6 slices hot toast

Melt the butter in the top of a double boiler or chafing dish over simmering water (can be done in a normal saucepan if you're VERY careful). Stir in the cheese and cook over low heat until it is completely melted. Stir until smooth. Stir the egg yolks into the beer with a fork. Add this mixture to the cheese very slowly- a spoonful or so at a time, stirring with a whisk as it cooks in. Add mustard, worcestershire, salt and tobasco. Continue cooking and stiring until the mixture is thickened. taste and add more seasoning if desired. Graininess is a good sign. Serve by pouring hot over toast.

reheats well in the microwave imo, just stir it a couple of times while reheating.

Last edited by bg; 06-19-2012 at 07:39 AM.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@bionicgerbil - Do you have a recipe for Beer Soup - it is similar to Welsh Rabbit.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    @bionicgerbil - Do you have a recipe for Beer Soup - it is similar to Welsh Rabbit.
    hmm idk... we have tomes of handwritten german, hungarian, and french grandmother recipes in our cookbook bookshelf. I'll keep an eye out for it (I don't remember it ever being made in my house though, so idk...)

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@bionicgerbil ---ITT I just made your welsh rabbit, only I made it as a fondue. Very good!

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    Bg that looks amazing! Might have to sub something in for beer, my house has no beer (sound of Finnish jaws hitting ground)

Aivo - I always wondered which countries used decilitres! Do you use decimetres too?
    non-alcoholic beer works fine for it, if it's an alcohol thing. idk if it would taste right using something besides beer.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bionicgerbil View Post
    non-alcoholic beer works fine for it, if it's an alcohol thing. idk if it would taste right using something besides beer.
    Sparkling water?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    -

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scapegrace's Nightly Pasta:

I really do eat this every night. I'm always hungry so sometimes I eat it twice a day.

4 handfulls of fusilli
    6 sun dried tomatoes in olive oil
    1/4 of a red pepper
    1/4 of a large onion
    1 glove of garlic
    1 table spoon of olive oil
    optional cheese

Start boiling the water. Caramelize the onions and red peppers (in the olive oil) in the same pan while the pasta is cooking. A minuet or so before the pasta is cooked ad the garlic and tomatoes to the onions and peppers. Drain the pasta and throw it in the pan with the other stuff. Cook it with the other stuff for a minuet or so. Sometimes I add cheese at this point.

Yay! The end.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast