Hybrid View

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Two people

I'm wondering about these two people - they are a married couple.

The woman is a bookkeeper. She has always had to have a job despite there being no financial need because she feels it's an important part of her autonomy. (Not saying this is a bad thing at all, just that it's very different from me. I don't have a job and I really like it that way.) She is precise and neat, but not obsessively so. She loves to travel and always makes detailed itineraries she keeps with her but leaves wiggle room in case she finds something else she'd like to do. While she loves to visit exotic places, she oddly likes to find food she is used to. For me, a fun part of travel is trying out different cusines, but she's happy to go to McDonald's or whatever else everwhere she goes. She also loves those guided tours you can get more than just exploring on her own. She has an active social life and a large circle of friends and loves to chat and gossip (and is fun to have a conversation with). She and I get along really well almost all of the time. From time to time I feel like she's making all the decisions and I have no say, but that's only after we've been together for a long amount of time. She's very concerned about health and refuses to put salt on any food, but then sometimes buys garbage packaged food. I have never understood how she can refuse to put even a little salt and butter on broccoli to make it taste better because she wants it to be healthy, but then the next day will eat a salt-laden preservative-filled fatty frozen meal. She is also very frugal despite there being no necessity, but that makes her fun to shop with - I have a good time watching people bargain hunt. She likes to entertain and also loves to set up major events, for instance she does a huge amount of volunteer work and sets up extensive and time-consuming fundraisers, and does a great job at it. I can think of five organizations off the top of my head that she does a lot of volunteer work for. One other thing I thought of - she is very political and passionate about it.

Her husband is a very quiet and deliberate man. He and I also get along really well. He is a drafter and is involved in two different sports. He also loves to do gardening work. He is usually quiet but I've heard him explode a few times so I can't say he's always quiet. He's also pretty opinionated, though it doesn't bother me since we share most opinions. He likes to sleep in, then he does some exercises, then he putters around the garden and takes care of the cat's needs, then reads the newspaper and eats breakfast (always the same thing from what I've seen), and then usually goes off to play golf for a while. He always has a project going. I would think he's ISTp maybe but he and my husband never seem to have much to say to each other and it seems like they would be more connected or something if they were the same type. I'm trying to think what else about him. He does volunteer work though mainly through his wife's influence. It's funny because he is the head of one of the organizations but she's the one who does most of the work and he acknowledges it, as does everyone in the group. But he still has strong opinions about the organization and people might like him being in charge because his opinions are really well thought-out - the fact that he doesn't do the organizing might not be an issue for them.

Anyway, any ideas?
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah? I was thinking maybe ENTj/ISFj . . . They get along well and have been married for ages, but that doesn't mean they're duals so I don't want to assume that either.

I will have to read the descriptions over again. And think about the specific functions. I'm still getting used to thinking about it in that way.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She could also be ESFj.

If she's ENFj that would make her Nicky's quasi-identical, and it doesn't sound like it.

The husband could also be ISFp. That would make them an ESFj/ISFp mirror couple - like my parents. She'd be Nicky's benefactor which perhaps makes sense, and him being ISFp could explain why she thought he was ISTp but doesn't seem identical to her husband.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She sounds very much ESFj based on the information so far. But my picture of ENFjs are not that clear yet, so I'm not sure how to separate those two types with any accuracy. One thing often mentioned in MBTI descriptions of ESFJs is that they like to travel.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default All work and no play make Jack a dull boy

Also, Nicky said she gets along very well with the husband.

That would seem to rule out ISTj (her conflictor) and probably also ISFj (supervisee).

ISFp would be Nicky's semi-dual - and the woman's conflictor or supervisor (if she were ENTj or ENFj).

If she were ESFj, ISTp would be her supervisee.

Overall I think that ESFj/ISFp is the only solution that fits the descriptions of their behaviors, and the relationships, also with Nicky.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see both of those. The ESFj description at http://the16types.info/types-ESFJ.php really does sound like her - all six points they have listed, but particularly 2 and 3.

ISFp - the thing that strikes me about that description is the love of nature. This group they're involved in is a nature preserve near their home, and he walks over there even a couple of times a day just to hang out. Also, point number 3 at http://the16types.info/types-ISFP.php where it says they tell little jokes and then take them back right away if it doesn't look like they're going over right sounds like him. He is really quiet so it's hard to know what's going on in his head to know what type he is.

So I'll keep those types in mind. They're my in-laws, so I'm going to look at the relationships with ISTps too. My husband doesn't talk about relationships much though so it's hard to tell what kind of relationship they had as he was growing up. I think his parents think he's lazy and probably did even more when he was young.
    -Mark Twain