Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are EIIs afraid of boredom too?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Random Ness View Post
    I don't believe in boredom. I think people should STFU and do something with the TVs, computers, internet, songs, games, books, stores, theaters, etc that they're piled neck-high in. If someone's bored and they don't live an empty box then it's their own damn fault if they are bored.

[/rant]

*huff* *huff*

Anyway, I always stuff myself with things to do. If I do get bored, I go and do something else.
    That's funny, I thought my post would be met with anger and hatred. Glad to see an offensive post of mine wasn't, for a change. I'm talking about my posts on the internet in general, here.

Uh oh, now my post's at the top of a page. Maybe it will be. o___o

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Honey, you just quoted yourself
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Honey, you just quoted yourself
    I know. If I didn't, people wouldn't understand what I was talking about.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Random Ness View Post
    I know. If I didn't, people wouldn't understand what I was talking about.
    I approve of quoting oneself.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

A Place within a Place in the Universe Where they will never suspect. *Cackles like a witch.*
    TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boredom isn't something that I particularly fear. If boredom comes over me, I can always retreat to the world of my imagination. That is one area of my life that I have control, and ideas for stories spawn there. I always manage to find something to do when I have a chunk of freetime. I'm content with reading a book, going to a coffee shop, and find quiet environments pleasant. It's more of a sense of annoyance than fear if anything.

With the opposite extreme of too much excitement, that can be a mixed bag. I do like doing things that I consider fun, but loud noisy environments, or too much of a risk factor makes me a bit nervous. With boredom, you have more control than with the opposite extreme.

Particularly when having to talk about subjects that I don't find so interesting, or partaking in activities that don't interest me to be polite.
    xII se PoLR, 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

Phlegmatic-Melancholic |RCoAI| Fascinator| Newtype-secondary| LEFVl|

#JusticeforJeb_, Water Sheep did nothing wrong, High Inquisitor Of Council of Water Sheep and Water Sheep's protector

Make things right? Who are we to decide when things are right and when they need to be fixed?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

boredom is a lack of stimuls
    should be more often met at extraverts. introverts have more developed "inner world"

people get the most positive impressions from superid
    then ego functions interests and where they have more means to organise an activity
    without this they may feel a boredom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12