Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Enneagram Types Compatiblity and Relationships

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    yea this one is about total logical reasoning in one's own mind clashing with someone's own view of what being prefect mean.
    No.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    No.
    You disagree with me because you hate me now, not because you think I am wrong.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No.
    You have a hard time admitting it, you and I know that. why not be true to this fact?

1)

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have a hard time admitting it, you and I know that. why not be true to this fact?
    Admitting what? I disagreed with you because I disagree. E5s are knowledge-seekers, but this does not mean "total logical reasoning" although some would like to think so. They are a withdrawn, in-their-heads type, and can be very awesome to talk to and discuss things with. The issues that come between them and 1s from the perspective of a 1 have more to do with the 5s tendency to withdraw away from the world and problems in it. IMO and IME.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't feel like nitpicking words. My post was far too generalized and can essential describe what you have just said, which is why I don't think think you have a genuine intention to disagree.

1)

2)

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't feel like nitpicking words. My post was far too generalized and can essential describe what you have just said, which is why I don't think think you have a genuine intention to disagree.
    gah. So, you think I'm picking on you or something?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not sure if you're picking on me, I feel like you want to get back at me. Which is fine because if I had really offended you with my petty japs and odd behavior although it wasn't deliberate, and If I reread my own post and I feel that I might have cause some offense, I feel like you should have every right to get back at me, and take that bitterness out of your system because if I was in that position It would have been bad long lasting and lingering memory that will stick in my mind that only something like revenge can get it out. well it's the most healthy thing to do. I feel gulit sometimes, and maybe everyone does too when they cause un intentional offense to someone. Maybe everyone who has gotten to know me well is right, maybe I am just overly sensitive about everything, it's like an Enneagram 1 who wants to do everything right but in terms of emotional side of life.

1)

2)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne View Post
    Dolphin I thought you were a woman, or was another person using your name when I saw her on webcam on tinychat?

okay just skip the ones which are boring and go straight to 1 and 5, it´s the most interesting.
    Te (aka need more info)

I already told you 1 and 5 sucks. That's all you need to know.
    Talk about Te ignoring

There's a lot of Se here too...to the point, that's it and nothing more...no Ne baby

One needs to force ISTj's to listen to redundant information
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No.
    No.
    Admitting what? I disagreed with you because I disagree. E5s are knowledge-seekers, but this does not mean "total logical reasoning" although some would like to think so. They are a withdrawn, in-their-heads type, and can be very awesome to talk to and discuss things with. The issues that come between them and 1s from the perspective of a 1 have more to do with the 5s tendency to withdraw away from the world and problems in it. IMO and IME.
    I am not sure if you're picking on me, I feel like you want to get back at me. Which is fine because if I had really offended you with my petty japs and odd behavior although it wasn't deliberate, and If I reread my own post and I feel that I might have cause some offense, I feel like you should have every right to get back at me, and take that bitterness out of your system because if I was in that position It would have been bad long lasting and lingering memory that will stick in my mind that only something like revenge can get it out. well it's the most healthy thing to do. I feel gulit sometimes, and maybe everyone does too when they cause un intentional offense to someone. Maybe everyone who has gotten to know me well is right, maybe I am just overly sensitive about everything, it's like an Enneagram 1 who wants to do everything right but in terms of emotional side of life.
    Is this how love looks like in the Beta quadra?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    No, actually there is no love there. It´s considered a weakness.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pleaseee do 4 & 9 and 4 & 5

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Creepy-female

I was wondering if someone could turn the content of this thread (the relationship descriptions) into an article?

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    I was wondering if someone could turn the content of this thread (the relationship descriptions) into an article?
    It's been articled: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Enneagram-Type

If you have time to transcribe a few more, dolphin, 4-9, 2-8, 1-5, 2-6, and 6-9 would be cool to have - these are the most frequent e-type pairings.

Creepy-female

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    It's been articled: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Enneagram-Type

If you have time to transcribe a few more, dolphin, 4-9, 2-8, 1-5, 2-6, and 6-9 would be cool to have - these are the most frequent e-type pairings.
    Aw, it's already there I'm a dodo. Thank you.

I don't have the book right now but if I get ahold of it I'll be sure to try some more.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Aw, it's already there I'm a dodo. Thank you.

I don't have the book right now but if I get ahold of it I'll be sure to try some more.
    yw, and it wasn't up - I've just created it and published it today

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd very much like to read 4-9 and 4-8 if you're still doing these! :] I think they've both been requested before.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the book:

Four with Eight: A Romantic-Boss Couple
    This is a partnership of intensity acted out by fight, flight, fascination, and flair. Each feels somewhat awed by the other. Eights feel themselves to be coarse and blunt in comparison with the elegant and socially adept Romantic. From their side Fours can be utterly magnetized by the socially shameless Boss. It can be a real cliff-hanger when a Romantic drama syncs with Eight’s lust for life. It’s a sex, drugs, and rock-and-roll relationship, acted out either literally or metaphorically, because intensity can be achieved through any number of lifestyles. One couple described their twenty-year relationship as “a continuous lightning storm. You’re out there swung around by the power of it. We’ve moved all over the country, had five children, worked incredibly hard, and had thousands of great fights.”

Fours demand a huge range of feelings from a partner, and Eights love to match strong energies. They appreciate each other’s inclination to push the limits and will probably unite in ignoring social convention. Both fight boredom by intensifying the emotional climate: Eights by becoming aggressively demanding and Fours through dramatic acts and suffering.

Because they appreciate a Romantic’s personal style, Eights will want to be included in matters of taste and presentation. Fours are notoriously attracted to the Boss’s blunt emotional stance as being in touch with “real” or “authentic” feelings. Eights don’t waste a lot of time worrying about what people will think, and it’s that very lack of pretension that is so appealing. Fours can hide themselves behind a glamorous image, but Eights are remarkably natural. What you see is what you get.

Romantics will also interpret Eights’ ability to move into a fight and hold their ground under fire as further proof of emotional authenticity. Eight partners are not likely to become enmeshed in Four-like depression and will be able to hold a consistent course of action when Fours enter a push-pull cycle in the relationship. Bosses stand firm when someone tries to push them away, and they pride themselves on being able to see through the pull of seduction.

This relationship has several natural congruencies that allow the pair to help each other just by being themselves. For example, an Eight will prefer a Four’s company when she or he is emotionally upbeat but may withdraw if the Four becomes depressed. A disgruntled Boss may simply go off to have a good time elsewhere, leaving Four to wail. Misunderstood Romantics get infuriated about being ignored, which may have the positive side effect of breaking a depression. If depression is really anger turned inward, then Eights are the ideal partners to make that anger direct. Eights dislike self-absorbed emotional drama and will provoke a fight to evoke real feelings, which in the long run can serve to bring the couple closer.

An impasse can occur if the Four becomes self-occupied, masochistically drawn to Eight’s punitive side, or embroiled in the push-pull pattern of relating. Predictably Eights will blame the mate and walk out, probably without much insight into their own half of the problem. It helps when either can see that anger may be merely a way to intensify the relationship. Both are attracted to a lightning-storm life, and if one partner develops a blazing personal interest, it will ignite the other’s support. Severe situations can be mitigated if the Four shifts focus from wanting Eight’s attention to a project that Eight assists. A Boss can apply the pressure to make other people’s projects happen and in return can profit greatly from witnessing a Romantic’s complex interior life. When Eights see the value of engaging their own emotions, this couple is on the way to a true intensity of spirit. Between Four’s emotional range and Eight’s practical stability, the couple can stay interested in each other for a long time.

Palmer, Helen (2010-10-12). The Enneagram in Love and Work: Understanding Your Intimate and Business Relationships (p. 336). HarperCollins. Kindle Edition.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123