Thread: Premis for each cog function

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Premis for each cog function

I noticed that in order to develope a cognitive function one must accept some form of premis and then build off of it... for example...

= Everything is interconnected
    = Every effect has a cause
    = Every relation is due to a mutual gain(?)
    = ?
    = ?
    = ?
    = ?
    = ?

Can anyone help to fill in the unknowns? If we get this completed, it might be a good way to test for type... or a good way to help develop ourselves, by accepting hard to accept premises and then practice building on them. Ooooo impulsive idea! Type testing using famous quotes and check boxes to check the ones that you agree with :-). Sorry for my impulsiveness.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    = There is a secret, hidden reality.
    = Knowlege is power.
    = It's a dog-eat-dog world.
    = Everyone loves a lover.
    = Sensuality is the key to the soul.

--------

= Keep your friends close, but your enimies closer.
    = Never miss an opportunity.
    = An unexamined life is not worth living.
    I like those.
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Playing About

= There is a secret, hidden reality.
    = Knowlege is power.
    = Sensuality is the key to the soul.

--------

= Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.
    = Never miss an opportunity.
    = An unexamined life is not worth living.
    This could make for good type descriptions:
    For example:
    = Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer
    Does it not suddenly start to seem more plausible that Richard Nixon could be an ISFJ?

Or how about Jerry Seinfeld ESFJ:
    = Sensuality is the key to the soul

Well, just maybe, but I like these functions...

Oh Blaze, you managed to beat me. :wink: I am way too slow fo you.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Playing About

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Seinfeld is an INTp, but, whatever.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fi - Head on a Plate

I think that the Fi function sounds a little evil though, maybe this would be better:

= Go with your heart.

OR = Know thyself.

Maybe this might do it:

= Behold the magnifacince of the human spirit!

Oh! I just got a new one for Fe (might help overly cerebral people):

= A happy home is a healthy head.

Or maybe

= Live, laugh, love.

I am having way too much fun with this! I think I could probably write essays on this topic. Hahahaha!
    No, I liked the former definition better. I am tired of being a wussy, and looks can be deceiving, the true nature of Fi dominant types is something quite different:

How about:

= I love you honey, but do as I say, or else!

Or maybe...

= I want his head on a plate.

For Fe again, a quote will do:

= "There is good naked and bad naked."

I watched an old Seinfeld episode, Jerry and his girlfriend at the time we trying some weird nudism fad, and Kramer was washing sallad in the shower, very strange. Then Jerry went on to teach the manners, strange that I should not have thought of it before but at least his character had a surprisingly feminine nature - no wonder it seemed to be mainly women who watched the show. Just read the ESFJ type description and ask yourself: why not?

ESFJs also can show a wide range of emotions during conversation. They have very characteristic negative emotions, periodically showing indignation which can flare up without warning and which can die down just as quickly. Their negative behaviour often cannot be explained logically as they can create a drama from something that may seem unimportant. During conversation ESFJs pay close attention to the ethics and good behaviour of others. They like to give ethical evaluations and analyses on who behaved well and who did not. They also watch that the norms of politeness are obeyed. ESFJs react negatively to people who do not obey ethical norms. This is why others can sometimes consider them to be confrontational and difficult to live with. Many people believe ESFJs could be very demanding and tactless.
    http://www.socionics.com/prof/esfj.htm
    (And the rest is but a mouseclick away.)

Delta - Insults for purely personal motives.
    "Arnie is strong, rightfully angry and wants to kill somebody."
    martin_g_karlsson

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Fi - Head on a Plate

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being a wussy has nothing to do with T/F, it has more to do with Se. (In my opinion.)?
    I would say that is has probably mainly to do with Se, but to some extent with T/F as well. This is mainly just my subjective opinion rather than based on theretical considerations.

Seems like we are having a conversation about our POLRs!!!

Here is the best one for Se:

= I want his family dead! I want his house burnt to the ground! I wanna go there in the middle of the night I wanna piss on his head!

Hahahaha!
    Yes that too, strangely enough the POLR is not always that weak, depends on the situation, and pretty much anything. I need more observations...
    martin_g_karlsson

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousSoul

= I want his head on a plate.
    I agree CS she seems like the poster child for the ISFJ.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    I agree CS she seems like the poster child for the ISFJ.
    I am a bit slow but care to explain?
    Furthermore it is also about Fi because with subjective ethics as the lead funtion, you want in some ways to impose your emotions on others. INFJs can be also be very calculating and manipulative while appearing quite friendly and harmless.
    martin_g_karlsson

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh I thought you were refering to the daughter of Herodias who asked for the head of John the Baptist.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Playing About

Oh Blaze, you managed to beat me. :wink: I am way too slow fo you.
    ????

Uh . . . guess it just had good face validity?

Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INFJ Revisited

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    Oh I thought you were refering to the daughter of Herodias who asked for the head of John the Baptist.
    You are too clever by half... I did not realize you were refering to the Biblical story, but of course... In Finnish it is just a saying, you demand your enemy's head on a plate, and if you are high up enough it gets delivered to you - or so I hear.

I have come to think I should also give up these rather self-delusional powermongering fantasies... but the fact of the matter is that there are certain INFJ tendencies that are perhaps not altogether healthy and wholesome, as for example this comment by an INTP testifies:

Dostoyevsky
    "well do not please themselves me dostoyevskiye(muzhchiny) in my view some rag"

Yes well? Nothing similar. For Dostoyevsky, especially Dostoyevsky- man it is extremely important not to appear "rag". With it very and it is very important to produce the impression of this real peasant, steep, with which they even can exaggerate. Known Stallone (the very same Rambo) exactly Dostoyevsky. Another question, that this tendency to show, as it is steep, can irritate some, especially taking into account that it is worthwhile for someone to express doubt about man- Dostoyevsky slope - this is the best method to obtain to itself enemy.

Anna_.Christina, dissenters - this is Dostik (no matter how is strange) moreover Dostik is sufficiently typical. Generally, very many novels of Dostoyevsky - these are novels about the 3rd function (in is this Dostika black sensorika: money, volitional qualities, beauty, etc.), what only its "player" stands. When I spoke about the smiles, I had in the form a variety of smiles. Ethics considerably more creatively approach this question.

(Actually, I would not mind having Sylvester Stallone as my fellow INFJ, I like Rambo. Remember! It wasn't me who made the claim...)

To face the facts, however, I think for the most part I shall have to - albeit with lingering reluctance - agree with this the type description:
    INFJs do not really make good cheats or frauds. This however, does not stop them from trying sometimes. And even if they do, they are likely to feel pretty bad about themselves afterwards. This gives INFJs a reputation as naive and impractical people.
    http://www.socionics.com/prof/infj.htm
    martin_g_karlsson

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"INFps too."

INFps more so. They are known to be 'scan the enviornemnt" and mentally calculate how they might "manipulate' others emotions, although this is usually geared in a benevolent manner.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed, that the further down that I read into the post, the more the function premises turned into just quotes that those types might say... What I'm curious to find out is what is the question that a person tells another that they must ask themselves to solve problems related to the function. For example... if I had no idea that everyone else isnt like me, and someone asked... "How do you figure out this physics problems" I might say something like "oh, just visualize it in action and ask yourself, what if ...". Or if someone asked me how to do abstract logic, i might say... "just ask yourself, what causes this, and trace it back to the source"... these question pretty much reveal that basically our ego asks the functions inside of our heads to do tasks for us, which is the same thing as just asking someone else who is also good at that function. But if we know these questions we can probe how the functions work on a much deeper level, and maybe even create a new method of testing.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

slava, are u wanting the questions or answers?

or could u restate or rearrange that question?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The answer is what he is looking for I believe. The question is just a reference point for understanding the answer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I liked the former definition better. I am tired of being a wussy, and looks can be deceiving, the true nature of Fi dominant types is something quite different:
    Being a wussy has nothing to do with T/F, it has more to do with Se. (In my opinion.)
    I would say that is has probably mainly to do with Se, but to some extent with T/F as well. This is mainly just my subjective opinion rather than based on theretical considerations.
    lol....i don't think being a wussy has anything to do with any of them, really! is more about noticing the scenery, demanding, materialism, bosiness, competition, experience.

any type can be wussy. being a wussy is having fear. if every type has fear, then every type could have potential wussiness in their psyche. how it manifests is just different.

when i first used that word...i was thinking of how out-dated these russian descriptions are...do people still look like that over there? check out that one guy on the infj page...he has a huge unibrow!

i like this part...for infj...
    He needs such a partner, submitting to whom, he can shield himself from excessive chores.
    definately!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"any type can be wussy. being a wussy is having fear. if every type has fear, then every type could have potential wussiness in their psyche. how it manifests is just different. "

How often as well, thus Se IS related to "wussyness."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the Nature of Wussiness:

If wussiness is based on fear:

Then the ESTP and ESFP would be considered wussies by many for their fear of lack of affect and lack of mental ability respectively. But these types are not considered to be wussies en masse. To discern the nature of wussiness it is good to look at anti-wussiness so that we have a more clear understanding of what a wussy is.

The opposite of the wuss is the manly man. The manly man is strong, resolute, confident, aggressive, conquering, stolid, unemotional, and in all ways physically superior.

So the anti-wuss is very clearly the ESTP or the stereotype of such people. But the qualities which make him such are the following:

Se - agressive, outgoing, conquering, etc
    E - similat to above
    S - physically superior on constitution
    T - not overly affected by his affective states, able to do hard cruel things without hesitation, does not respond to people as people but as objects

The more of the above qualities the person has the less of a wuss he is. The less these qualities are present the more wussiness has dominated the character of the individual.

Thus the most characteristically wussified persona is the male INFJ because he has less of the qualities mentioned above than any other type save perhaps the male INFP but when pressed to display his aggression he represses it rather than summoning it's assistance as his counterpart does.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do we have to keep talking about this wussy/not a wussy stuff? i mean who gives a flying duck!!

pedro...it's like this...

fever.. dangle, dangles a little piece of bait(mentions the word wuss)

and i have a thousand pedro's popping out all over my screen!!

Quote Originally Posted by PTL
    On the Nature of Wussiness:

If wussiness is based on fear:

Then the ESTP and ESFP would be considered wussies by many for their fear of lack of affect and lack of mental ability respectively. But these types are not considered to be wussies en masse. To discern the nature of wussiness it is good to look at anti-wussiness so that we have a more clear understanding of what a wussy is.

The opposite of the wuss is the manly man. The manly man is strong, resolute, confident, aggressive, conquering, stolid, unemotional, and in all ways physically superior.

So the anti-wuss is very clearly the ESTP or the stereotype of such people. But the qualities which make him such are the following:

Se - agressive, outgoing, conquering, etc
    E - similat to above
    S - physically superior on constitution
    T - not overly affected by his affective states, able to do hard cruel things without hesitation, does not respond to people as people but as objects

ok, which would u rather be......estj bar bouncer....or.....intp bill gates?? now who has more ?!!!!!!!!

nah, a lot of types can appear stolid and unemotional. intx's more definately more so than esfp and a lot of times more than estp. what about the long-haired infx giants that ride harley's and hang out in pool halls....so S is not necessarily physically superior on constitution.

if u are talking about female opinion....i guess some may care, some won't! i tend to favor more wussiness in a guy than some estj stooge!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was kind of meant as a joke. I posted it the same night as the insanity thread so don't go looking for clear thinking.

Also money can be seen as an N thing as it has representative value. Kirkegaard wrote about how money replaced tangible expressions of the self with an abstraction and thus took away some of the meaning inherent to labor and life.

I was refering to the physical presence that exudes (or can) off of the person with strong . INxJs will always be seen as wusses just face it. Take a martial arts course and kick a few asses and then you reputation will change but based upon first impressions we will always be the wusses.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INxJ posture is horrible also. It sends out the message "Beat me up!!" The way their eyes dart around avoiding eye contact in unfamiliar situations, their scrunched up musculature that seems to be attempting to merge with any available surface (probably where the term "wallflower" came from), and the absolute LACK of physical presence seems to create an black hole in the room that just attracts types trying to fill the void with their physical barbarity.

I absolutely HATE my posture and I can't seem to fix it consciously. I am always either scrunched up in a little ball or projecting a presence if I am really stressed/pissed off or whatever. I am always rigid as a metal pole (or used to be until I had learnt to relax. I can't begin to say how useful KNOWING you have weak is) which can work inmy favor if I am pissed and want to project my tension outward.