Thread: Question for ISTJs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Question for ISTJs

Hello.
    I am dating an ISTJ. She is a wonderful person. She taught me the value of money, being systematic, timely, productive, etc. etc.
    Because of her, I actually enjoy musicals and actually get a kick out of decluttering the mess around me.

On a personal level, couple of things bother me. Despite their obsession with honesty, they twist truths and spin it to their favor...just to prove they are always right. Why is that?

I could be in the middle of a conversation with my ISTJ gf holding her hands...and if a good looking guy happens to pass by...her eyes just follow him...totally ignoring me. Now my question is...is this a universal feature of ISTJs? And should I be all worked up about this? And ofcourse if I ask her why do you stare...she will give a logical "white lie" to cover up.

I do know she cares for me...since we've spent so much time and we do have "history" together. It worries me however that she turns her love "on and off" like a faucet.

If she behaves like this now...will this continue after marriage?

Clearance level: 10 (9 is maximum) Fermi's Avatar
    TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whenever she gaze off take her hand and put it to your penis. If she don't like your penis she will start gazing off, if you she likes your penis she will look more but you will get more hand-on-penis-interactions. it's a win-win situation.
    is like a wet kiss on the cheek and a warm hug by a cute smiling girl.
    is the confetti shots on your birthday party with all your friends.
    is a way to completely rip apart the face of god and stare directly at the naked universe.
    is like over here and then over there and they are all connected and I am on amphetamine.

Clearance level: 10 (9 is maximum) Fermi's Avatar
    TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw, why does it disturb you that she looks at other men? If it just stays with looks there shouldn't be any harm. Just think that you're the guy that fucks her at nights
    is like a wet kiss on the cheek and a warm hug by a cute smiling girl.
    is the confetti shots on your birthday party with all your friends.
    is a way to completely rip apart the face of god and stare directly at the naked universe.
    is like over here and then over there and they are all connected and I am on amphetamine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thanks for the replies...

Pretty funny superman...
    I kinda agree, in a weird way. What's the point being jealous? I love the fact that I can ignore her for days and weeks and pick up right where we left off.

I am
    INTP (MBTI)
    INTJ (socionics)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=)

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Re: Thanks for the replies...

Quote Originally Posted by MatchInside
    Pretty funny superman...
    I kinda agree, in a weird way. What's the point being jealous? I love the fact that I can ignore her for days and weeks and pick up right where we left off.

I am
    INTP (MBTI)
    INTJ (socionics)
    Whoa!
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim
    Pretty funny superman...
    Whoa!
    agreed. you can't expect a person to only have feelings for you when you're not giving her any attention. it's like I told an ex once "You're all I need, but I need ALL of you"
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Superman
    whenever she gaze off take her hand and put it to your penis. If she don't like your penis she will start gazing off, if you she likes your penis she will look more but you will get more hand-on-penis-interactions. it's a win-win situation.
    Good adivce.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman
    Good adivce.
    lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"...you can't expect a person to only have feelings for you when you're not giving her any attention..."

Good advice...the only problem is she shows feelings to people who NEVER give her any attention on the first place. Besides, she considers my daily phone call to her place, "too much" attention.

I never dealt this close with an ISTJ in my entire life. I guess I am holding on to her to understand her. I am showing her too much sympathy and putting up with her crap.

I guess the best way to deal with an ISTJ is to kick their face in when they least expect it.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim
    Pretty funny superman...
    Whoa!
    agreed. you can't expect a person to only have feelings for you when you're not giving her any attention. it's like I told an ex once "You're all I need, but I need ALL of you"
    I think you might need some more "life experience", Match. Especially if an INTj doesn't have a...... classroom environment, so to say, for understanding how people function, then I can see it as being a large problem area. (obviously).

that's all for now
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the problem is, I am head over heels for this girl. I never knew about INTJ/ISTJ compatability issues.

She wants me to marry her. I would...the only problem is... she lacks showing affection, she wants to be in control, and she has major "anger" issues.

I love her, but I am afraid if I commit to marriage...this fem nazi is going to make my life miserable.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She wants me to marry her. I would...the only problem is... she lacks showing affection, she wants to be in control, and she has major "anger" issues.
    She is ISTj, she is a sexual Aggressor, she expects you to be a Victim, she has far more than you, you both have weakish and , which means that you both expect from the other a lot more in the sense of displaying, and understanding, emotions.

You crave the showing of affection of , only she can't provide you with that because she also craves that from you.

Everything fits together.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    This sounds like what I have heard another SLE say. Is this a typical Beta ST sentiment? Or maybe it is Beta in general?, since I am much the same way

Quote Originally Posted by MatchInside View Post
    "...you can't expect a person to only have feelings for you when you're not giving her any attention..."

Good advice...the only problem is she shows feelings to people who NEVER give her any attention on the first place. Besides, she considers my daily phone call to her place, "too much" attention.
    Is this typical of LSIs? I think I have only limited experience with them, do they not like a lot of attention in romantic relations? If not, how does this work with their duals EIEs?

I guess the best way to deal with an ISTJ is to kick their face in when they least expect it.
    Ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AngelMaybe View Post
    Is this typical of LSIs? I think I have only limited experience with them, do they not like a lot of attention in romantic relations? If not, how does this work with their duals EIEs?
    They do. The more, the better. Especially 1 on 1 confessions, romantic moments, plays, surprising spectacles and such.
    EIEs can show their full talents and can display all the emotions in front of LSIs in a sort of mesmerizing, hypnotizing affection episode and they love the fact that they may loose their brakes completely because LSIs fully tolerate them...
    LSIs seem to be charmed during such an episode.

I don't know if it's any help - first of all it's hard to mimic another type's behaviour, second - there has to be some "liking" first.

In case of EIE romance style I may even say that this type plays sort of peacock tactics - displaying vividly his talents yet only tempting the other side to go for him . "I'm so great, I know you love me, go ahead and take me!" kinda attitude ;].
    Last edited by koldj; 02-24-2010 at 10:11 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koldj View Post
    They do. The more, the better. Especially 1 on 1 confessions, romantic moments, plays, surprising spectacles and such.
    EIEs can show their full talents and can display all the emotions in front of LSIs in a sort of mesmerizing, hypnotizing affection episode and they love the fact that they may loose their brakes completely because LSIs fully tolerate them...
    LSIs seem to be charmed during such an episode.

I don't know if it's any help - first of all it's hard to mimic another type's behaviour, second - there has to be some "liking" first.

In case of EIE romance style I may even say that this type plays sort of peacock tactics - displaying vividly his talents yet only tempting the other side to go for him . "I'm so great, I know you love me, go ahead and take me!" kinda attitude ;].
    oh, this is SO true

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got my heart ripped out by an ISTJ....never again. Funny though that it was put back together by an ESTP, and then stolen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    I got my heart ripped out by an ISTJ....never again. Funny though that it was put back together by an ESTP, and then stolen.
    sorry to hear that what is your type EyeSeeCold??