Default The Simpsons

Homer - SEE

Bart - SEI

Lisa - EII

Marge - ESE

Maggie - SLI

Mr. Burns - LIE

Ned Flanders - EII

Last edited by Raver; 07-07-2011 at 05:09 AM.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can you type Maggie?

Why is the lazy and feckless Homer a Se dominant? Why is the hyperactive and mischievous Bart an IP?
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cat King Cole View Post
    How can you type Maggie?

Why is the lazy and feckless Homer a Se dominant? Why is the hyperactive and mischievous Bart an IP?
    Homer uses so much it's insane! He's always out and about doing something. He may be lazy at work, but when he's on an adventure, he's always energized and doing something. You can see him use constantly when around his family and he uses it to his advantage such as neighbours like Ned Flanders who is an EII.

You don't know many SEI's do you? SEIs can be hyperactive and mischievous. My brother is an SEI and since he was a kid he was always off an about simply doing things. When he's not doing something, he's usually just watching television. However, he goes with the flow, if something comes along he'll jump along for the ride.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not Se. And of course he's out-and-about, or else wtf kind of show would we be watching?

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    That's not Se. And of course he's out-and-about, or else wtf kind of show would we be watching?
    His behaviour is similar to SEEs I know in real life. Also, it kind of proves my point of why they'd choose an SEE as their title character, but to each their own I guess.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    His behaviour is similar to SEEs I know in real life. Also, it kind of proves my point of why they'd choose an SEE as their title character, but to each their own I guess.
    I really don't see how he's not Ne or Fi-PoLR, or how he's gamma, but we'll agree to disagree.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

How can you type Maggie?

Homer uses so much it's insane! He's always out and about doing something. He may be lazy at work, but when he's on an adventure, he's always energized and doing something. You can see him use constantly when around his family and he uses it to his advantage such as neighbours like Ned Flanders who is an EII.

You don't know many SEI's do you? SEIs can be hyperactive and mischievous. My brother is an SEI and since he was a kid he was always off an about simply doing things. When he's not doing something, he's usually just watching television. However, he goes with the flow, if something comes along he'll jump along for the ride.
    I agree
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

For one, I can't imagine an ILE or an IEE strangling the hell out of Bart like that
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't know many SEI's do you?
    Hall of fame'd + sig'd.

Thanks for the chuckle.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

You don't know many SEI's do you?
    Hall of fame'd + sig'd.

Thanks for the chuckle.
    LOL
    Last edited by Raver; 07-07-2011 at 07:25 AM.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Homer - Se-SxE, Ne-ILE can also work
    Bart - ESTp or ENTp Ti-sub, LSI Se-sub
    Lisa - EII, IEE, ILI
    Marge - SEI Si-sub, ESE Si-sub
    Flanders - ESE, SEI Fe-sub, LSE
    Milhouse - EII, LII
    Burns - ILI, LII, SLI
    Smithers - IEI, EIE, IEE
    Moe - ILI, SLE, ESI

Se can be associated with pleasure and adventure seeking tendencies that seem to fit Homer's personality quite well. Bart actually has that same streak but he is more deliberate in seeking out his sources of enjoyment than Homer, who is more dreamy/clueless in comparison. Ne-ILE typing would also work, though I think Homer is more sensory kind of seeking, so Se fits him better.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

me from chatbox

i dont really see him as Se. he seems really unfocused, on abstract and complicated tangents, and says lots of Ne things.

even though hes borderline retarded

as for Fe > Fi, i guess just look at bender's Fe vs fry's Fi, since theyre the same creator. so overall just seems like an obvious typing.

i thought about ESFP, but couldnt get it to fit. homer is pretty much a more stuck in his imagination/more physically handicapped/less physically aware version of bender. look-a-likes, rather than comparatives
    Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    For one, I can't imagine an ILE or an IEE strangling the hell out of Bart like that
    When he's strangling Bart, there is no resonance or connection with him as a human, like say you would have if you were to strangle someone, or really a subjective awareness. Everything he does/says seems Fi-PoLR and to back Fe. His emotional reasoning comes across a lot more purposefully objectified than what I see in Fi types, ie. for prevalence's sake, Homer's comparative type from the other show, Fry. Maybe this was a tactic for supplying emotional stimulation to the population of viewers, that was influenced by one of the creators (to make his personality more Fe.) Also, both main characters seem to back Ne-INFJ Groening's primary format of comedy.

Here's a principal video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zVCN6SFFzg#t=0m40s

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty Ne/Si heavy overall

Homer Simpson - Ne-ENTP
    Marge Simpson - Si-ISFP
    Bart Simpson - Ti-ENTP
    Lisa Simpson - Fi-ENFP
    Ned Flanders - Fi-INFJ
    Moe Szyslak - Te-INTP
    Milhouse Van Houten - Ti-INTJ
    Reverend Timothy Lovejoy - Te-ISTP
    Apu Nahasapeemapetilon - Fi-ISFJ
    Marion "Fat Tony" D'Amico - Fe-ENFJ
    Montgomery Burns - Si-ESTJ
    Waylon Smithers - Ne-INFJ
    Comic Book Guy - Ti-ENTP
    Nelson Muntz - Se-ESTP
    Last edited by 717495; 07-07-2011 at 05:24 AM.