Thread: Caring for your Delta NF (INFj & ENFp)

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    Delta NFs sometimes have this thing where they don't feel at all comfortable directly expressing what they want or even knowing what they want. (I kind of feel like they don't even want to accept or deal with knowing what they want sometimes, it's 'too selfish' or whatever). Not entirely, but elements of that somewhat.
    truth. for me.

sort of like when i thought about giving a serious and well thought out response to this thread and totally drew a blank. :wink:

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    truth. for me.

sort of like when i thought about giving a serious and well thought out response to this thread and totally drew a blank. :wink:
    haha don't worry, I feel like that a lot too, and end-up spewing a lot of verbal diarrhea to compensate

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    You can over-cater to them. I did this once, and it made the NF feel very odd, uncomfortable, and they demanded (as much as possible I guess) that I present my own needs or wants more, so they could feel like they were catering to me. As opposed to me only catering to them.
    I very much agree with them. There's a personal sense of relief when someone is more confident about what they want, and don't want, it helps to remove that feeling of needing to walk around on eggshells worrying and caring doubts about these types of things.
    I feel like I can than be more open with the other person about my own wants, which sort of goes with what you mentioned previously about not wanting to come across as selfish or pushy.
    Basically, I think it creates a sense of mutual understanding, equalizing the relationship
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired