Thread: Caring for your Delta NF (INFj & ENFp)

Hybrid View

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The title of this thread is misleading and contradicts the OP. I was hoping we were gonna talk about how we take care of our Delta NFs, what things we do for them, how we treat our queens, how we show our love etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
    The title of this thread makes me feel like a plant or pet lol
    Excellent. Proves you're an infantile.

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Caring for your Delta NF

Step 1: Add water
    Step 2: Add Subway
    Exactly, only those are not the correct steps.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    The title of this thread is misleading and contradicts the OP. I was hoping we were gonna talk about how we take care of our Delta NFs, what things we do for them, how we treat our queens, how we show our love etc.
    Please share this. . .I want to know.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I guess in answer to your question though, in terms of caring for a delta NF speaking for me as well as my delta NF sister, I would say the best thing is to be supportive and thoughtful but not too overbearing or clingy. We need to be cared for (even if we dont recognize or admit it), and we appreciate it but we love doing our own thing too because we have all these interests we want to develop. In fact the potential clinginess/controlling has been one of the things that's made me hesitant about relationships thus far.

But also, I would love it if my S.O. would be interested in being involved in those interests with me too, so its not just about that.
    Yeah, that's a curious line to walk. not smothering but not being too distant. showing desire but now being too possessive. Etc

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    This thread isn't really set in stone.

If you want to contribute that to the thread, go ahead.

I didn't want it to be dictated "here is how to care for a delta NF", I wanted it to be a discussion about things I've found in my experiences and relationships, and other people doing the same thing. There are a lot of fine points that have been coming up for me lately, especially actually being closer to NFs as of late.