Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Caring for your Delta NF (INFj & ENFp)

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

meh, all I see is one person using this thread to publicly deface a member due to some distorted feeling of competition
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CILi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    a woman your age shouldn't be hanging out on forums. LOL
    I thought you guys were kinda close age-wise.
    No. Maritsa is 71.

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    meh, all I see is one person using this thread to publicly deface a member due to some distorted feeling of competition
    That's what I said before as well. Nice

TIM
    LSE (-Si)/9w1/ENTJ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa you've been banned from posting in this thread for consistent provocation and harassment of a member
    Please try to keep members types debates to the What's My Type? subforum in the future instead of diverting threads into flame wars, at least out of respect for the OP's
    Good job she was getting out of hand even for her.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wait thats not juice, thats beef!
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, you know what? Maritsa got a boyfriend! How can I know that? Because she mentions him in every second post!
    I think you're not the only one with a relationship here. Other people just don't feel the need to tell everybody all the time about it.

This whole argument between Maritsa and Minde is totally pointless. Just leave her alone and text your bf or something.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    Hey, you know what? Maritsa got a boyfriend! How can I know that? Because she mentions him in every second post!
    I've been known to do that when in a relationship. "I have a girlfriend! My girlfriend does that! Oh, by the way, my girlfriend likes that too!" - and saying things like that excessively and out of the blue seems perfectly normal to me. I don't know this poster at all, and it seems from the above some people question her self-typing, but maybe it's some kind of thing.

TIM
    LSE (-Si)/9w1/ENTJ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spasm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    I've been known to do that when in a relationship. "I have a girlfriend! My girlfriend does that! Oh, by the way, my girlfriend likes that too!" - and saying things like that excessively and out of the blue seems perfectly normal to me. I don't know this poster at all, and it seems from the above some people question her self-typing, but maybe it's some kind of thing.
    Oh don't worry if you don't know Marista now you soon will , if you've decided on a type prepare to have it aggressively questioned.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    I can totally relate to this and my solution has been to set up boundaries. You can't be friends with everyone and you don't have to forgive everyone everything. Ever since I have been making a conscious effort to NOT put everyone else's needs above my own, I am a much happier person. In the end I cannot have fruitful relationships when I waste energy on lost causes.

Even as an EII you are allowed to dislike people, ignore people, and stop searching for a potential for understanding that might just not be there (even among identicals). Humanists and humanitarians can only save the world when they keep themselves emotionally stable and happy.
    That's pretty much what I've been getting at. Thank you for putting it like that. Sometimes you just have to say, "no, that's enough, I can't do anymore." For the sake of everybody involved.

That's right, and that's the same for my delta NF, sort of mirroring her same development, too.

She still has 'issues' about being selfish and things like that, but, the boundary thing is something we've talked about a lot, and I'd like to think I've helped her better understand that, and better understand when it's 'good' for her to make that decision about not expending any more mental/emotional/social/etc energy.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and for what it's worth, to address it...

I'm going to speculate that Maritsa was feeling uncomfortable that another delta ST or god forbid LSE was liking Minde or getting more attention from her (or seeing like "a better EII", or more sane or more rational or something, more favorable). I know Maritsa has varied in her opinions about Minde, but, this seems kind of reminiscent of her previous........... 'catty' behavior?

And yes, I say that knowing full well that she is in a relationship. I still see that dynamice playing out.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa you've been banned from posting in this thread for consistent provocation and harassment of a member
    Please try to keep members types debates to the What's My Type? subforum in the future instead of diverting threads into flame wars, at least out of respect for the OP's

An instance of appropriate moderation. Thank you.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post

An instance of appropriate moderation. Thank you.
    Sorry about the detour. We can ask a mod to split the thread if you like.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can write things that would (?) make me feel cared for

Someone being kind, gentle, and understanding
    trying his best to make sense of something I say I feel even when at first it doesn't entirely
    once in a while - spontaneously doing something he knows I will like (like this one time my friend slid a sticky note under my door when I was feeling sad "do you want to talk?"; things like that make me ecstatic lol bc I wasn't expecting it, thought he was busy)
    on that note, someone I know is taking time out especially for me even though he is super busy
    that I am "special" (not E4; just special in the way you are to someone super close)
    probably Si and comfort stuff, I don't know how to put them into words
    knowing me so well he can anticipate what I think, feel, or would say, want as gift. I don't want expensive stuff, but I like craft things ex.
    knowing my preferences "like the back of his hand"; less memorization than it is deduction I think from simply knowing me extremely well
    which he can again use to surprise me with something new that I don't know but might prob like
    letting me be playful and be a little "annoying" in the sense of wanting his connection and attention once in a while, without truly getting annoyed
    generally making me feel like he adores me and that I mean everything to him

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456