Thread: Introverted Ethics Fi Described As "Resonance"

Threaded View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mattie View Post

You'd have to provide more information, the term on it's own doesn't really provide much nor gives a feel so much to hint at what is about. What dimension of a person are you talking about? As well, is more aware about the "field" than the "object," and this seems "object" focused; the reason why Resonance works is because it describes what is going on in the 'space' between two "objects", it doesn't really encompass information about the "object". is the flip side to this, it focuses on information from the "object" (How lowbrow, right? ). I generally just need more information on your term, from my anthropology knowledge, that term seems strange to me.
    The emphasis in my description is actually on interactions rather than the objects, which is why there is always at least two objects involved in my rhetoric.

Also, like I said before, "Resonance" only describes one aspect of what Fi entails. What we're trying to do in this thread, I think, is abstract Fi -- a luxury that a number of the functions have attained. Why I add "anthropocentric" before "interaction" is because, fundamentally, all introverted functions deal with interactions between the entities it chooses to focus on, but the specialization of this with regards to all things "humane" is Fi.

Both Ti and Fi are social functions, but one of the major differences between these two functions is, Ti is devoid of the any "emotional" context and Fi is always taking this into account. Why Ti is considered "social" is because of its ability to organize the data provided by its supporting perception in a framework that can be understood by human beings.

There are many layers and perspectives to an individual. The dimension I speak of, that is related to Fi, is how the human and the object interacts. Inter-and intraspecific relations is but one aspect of an individual, and that which Fi understands best.
    Last edited by The Greeter; 08-13-2010 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Terminology error
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.