Hybrid View

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default DCNH Forum Member Typings

IMO the "dual strengthening" model of DCNH subtypes (the one that claims that the subtype strengthens both functions of the temperament) makes sense of many of the more confusing forum members' types here. Also it accurately explains some of the more obvious stand-out traits of particular forum members.

For example:

Me: H EIE
    Joy: H LSE

Joy and I both have naturally engaged, dominant personalities, and yet we display lots of adaptive, nonstandard type behaviors that have caused both of us a lot of confusion in settling on types. This, according to DCNH theory, is typical of Harmonizing subtypes.

Maritsa: C EII (many nonstandard viewpoints, erratic behavior, has a "spat"-ish kind of behavior, periodic assertivenes and overconfidence)

discojoe: D LSI (emphasis on practicality in both lifestyle and beliefs, enjoys having an emotional impact on others)

Jimbean: C LSI (obviously nonstandard beliefs, confusion with EP temperament)

strrng: N IEI (increased focus on direct logic and harsh judgments of people)

Pinnochio: C LSI (stubborn, often excessively assertive or stubborn, but also holds some fairly out there/absurd beliefs

Ashton: C LIE (can have a blithely over-assertive presence, holds non-standard viewpoints)

tcaudilllg: C LII (nonstandard viewpoints, sometimes commanding and insistant but generally displays behavior consistent with Se PoLR)

For those who aren't familiar with DCNH theory:

System of DCNH Subtypes - Wikisocion
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if a lot of people on this forum are Cs.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Joy and I both have naturally engaged, dominant personalities, and yet we display lots of adaptive, nonstandard type behaviors that have caused both of us a lot of confusion in settling on types. This, according to DCNH theory, is typical of Harmonizing subtypes.
    I thought that was C subtype.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

you're comparing yourself to joy. gross!

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    Well we're both EJ temperament with H subtype; that's what I was getting at.

H is the one that under-expresses type-specific behavior.

Under cerulean skies...

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I'd be uh, N?

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    I guess I'd be uh, N?
    Nah, you'd be an H.

GET IT?

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Judging by the breakdown of the dichotomies for each subtype, I would expect to be a C sub-type. That said D-ILE would explain a lot of the reasons why I waffle towards EXE. I'm certainly either D or C.

I'm not particularly familiar with DCNH to do anything beyond applying what I've just read of the theory. Any thoughts/suggestions Gilly?
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Nah, you'd be an H.

GET IT?
    I do not.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    C subtype said something close to it. It was supposed to be the "most ambiguous" regarding regular type. H was more adapting to the needs of others.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't believe in that subtype theory. it lacks parsimony.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    LII-IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO the "dual strengthening" model of DCNH subtypes (the one that claims that the subtype strengthens both functions of the temperament) makes sense of many of the more confusing forum members' types here. Also it accurately explains some of the more obvious stand-out traits of particular forum members.
    It is almost impossible to type other people on the internet so subtyping them doesn't make sense to me at all. Last year I also tried to type and subtype people here but without V.I. it just doesn't work...

Not necessarily. You frequently considered ILE as your base type so chances are good that, using complete subtypes, you are EIE-ILE, actually. That would make you a C-EIE in DCNH.

This typing is even consistent with the V.I. pattern I discovered: Your face is something like a thin oval which means that the base function of your subtype should be the demonstrative function of your base type. is ILE's base function and EIE's demonstrative function, indeed...

btw: ILE-EIE is not possible because EIE's base function, Fe, is ILE's mobilizing function which would lead to a broad or piriform oval...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDo View Post
    psychosis
    I'll pass.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm a C. Possibly H
    Last edited by stanprollyright; 08-09-2010 at 11:52 PM.
    Stan is not my real name.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

C here. Looks like I'm in good company.

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default DCNH subtype for me-- wdyt?

I think I'm a D. It was Slacker, I think, who first suggested it a while back, and I've been considering it ever since and it seems more right than anything else.

A few tip-offs:

I'm not naturally inclined to be a leader in most things. But, when I do assume a leadership position in something important to me, I have little problem taking and asserting control-- at least until things seem to be going smoothly enough without my direct guidance. But if I'm at all worried about where something is headed, or what people might do with my ideas or methods when I'm not around, I really struggle to hold myself back and not micromanage every step of the process.

I admit, I can be pretty anal about some things. When it comes to my kitchen, especially, I have a hard time letting anyone else-- including my husband-- take responsibility for what goes on in there. The dishes have to be washed a certain way. Food has to be stored a certain way... My kitchen counter is often covered in dirty dishes waiting to be washed, because I perfer that over having a full sink (no dishwasher, and only one sink for washing; the other sink has the dish drainer over it). And heaven help the person who sets a glass in my sink; I've had far too many glasses get broken that way.

Jsut about the only housekeeping chores I really feel comfortable letting my husband do are the vacuuming, tidying up, and maybe the bathroom. And it's not that he's incompetent to do other things (he lived as a capable bachelor for several years before he married me). The issue lies with me, not with him. It just so happens that I've taken the housekeeping upon myself-- it's my job. And when I own a job, I own it. Even when I slack in my duties, I'd rather they not get done at all, than have someone else come in and do my job for me.

When I'm stressed out, I get really overly emotional. Just about the only time I am emotional is when I'm stressed. I watch videos of myself as a young child, and I notice it even then. When things aren't going my way, or at least in a way that I am comfortable with, I'm going to make everyone else aware of it. And I know that makes me sound like a spoiled brat or something, but really the majority of the time I am calm and rational and selfless enough. And in public, I work a lot harder at keeping my emotions in check. I even kept my emotions hidden from my parents growing up; I feel much more comfortable letting loose around my husband, though.

I enjoy performing.
    Last edited by pianosinger; 04-30-2011 at 11:39 AM.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What's your E-type ?

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's very important to also check it relatively. Comparing yourself with other IEEs. Isn't Rick N-IEE? He has posted videos of himself.

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    What's your E-type ?
    For a while I was going with 6w7, but I'm really not very positive.
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Megadoomer]
    Well, I hate to say it, but... I guess you can't be the subtype you're claiming to be right now. You wrote that: "Sociotype: D-Ne-IEE" below your avatar and I think "Ne" means you're the Ne subtype in the 2-subtype system, right? If so, it doesn't work since "D" is a rational subtype (strengthening either Fe or Te) and Ne is irrational. All subtype systems are connected and you can't be an irrational sub in one instance and a rational one in another.
    [Pianosinger]
    Well, the "Ne" is from the 2-subtype system. I guess I haven't read anywhere talking about rational subtypes vs. rational ones...I just thought the 2-subtype system meant you were either Base function subtype or Creative function subtype...

Where is it stated that subtypes are all based on rationality vs. irrationality? Couldn't they just as easily be based on some other dichotomy? Like Bold vs. Cautious?

Not trying to be difficult; but I would appreciate some sources if it's not too much trouble.
    [Megadoomer]
    This is the hierarchy of the subtype systems. I've seen it posted in another thread and I've already reposted it several times here and there because it's quite useful. It can be applied to every type in this form: (order: Base type - 2 subs - 4 subs DCNH - 8 subs IE - 16 subs dual type) I don't claim that 8+ subtypes are reasonable, this is just how they are organized.

.................................................. ENFp -ENTj
    ...................................Te-ENFp
    .................................................. ENFp -ESTj
    ................... D-ENFp
    .................................................. ENFp -ENFj
    ...................................Fe-ENFp
    .................................................. ENFp-ESFj
    ........ Fi-ENFp
    .................................................. ENFp-INTj
    ...................................Ti-ENFp
    .................................................. ENFp-ISTj
    ................... N-ENFp
    .................................................. ENFp-INFj
    ...................................Fi-ENFp
    .................................................. ENFp-ISFj
    ENFp -
    .................................................. ENFp-ENTp
    ...................................Ne-ENFp
    .................................................. ENFp-ENFp
    ................... C-ENFp
    .................................................. ENFp-ESTp
    ...................................Se-ENFp
    .................................................. ENFp-ESFp
    ........ Ne-ENFp
    .................................................. ENFp-INTp
    ...................................Ni-ENFp
    .................................................. ENFp-INFp
    ................... H-ENFp
    .................................................. ENFp-ISTp
    ...................................Si-ENFp
    .................................................. ENFp-ISFp

As you can see, there is a rational/irrational divide within the accepting/producing subtype system. Basically, you have to choose one possibility in each step from left to right. For example: ENFp -> Ne-ENFp -> H-ENFp -> Ni-ENFp -> ENFp-INTp ect.
    [Pianosinger]
    Okay. But my question is still not satisfiably answered: WHY is it all divided along the rationality/irrationality line? Rather than, say, extroversion/introversion, or accepting/producing, or something else? Who decided to order the subtypes this way? And why?

Anyway, if what you say is true, then maybe I'm more certain of being a D than I am of being Ne-subtype...
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default DCNH subtype me.

So, I've just revised my Socionics type and my etype. The next step is picking a DCNH subtype for me!

Current candidates are Creative and Normalising, possibly Harmonising.

Behaviour in groups

If there is no leader and I'm in a completely disorganised mob, I'll take charge for only as long as it takes to get the group moving. I'd say I'm more comfortable as a "catalyst" or "mastermind" than an actual leader. It depends though. In a small group where a leadership role is expected of me, I lead. In contrast, I'm really uncomfortable being a follower--unless doing so keeps responsibility I don't feel I can handle off my shoulders (social loafing ftw).

Typically I prefer to work on my own, because that way I'm neither taking direction from anyone else (and having my freedom to set my own pace taken away), nor being forced to direct other people. If I must do the latter, I do, and quite comfortably--I just don't want to be seen as bossy. I like people who I can direct without worrying about losing favour.

In an intellectual group, I openly talk about my ideas and thoughts, usually to clear up misunderstandings (or people's sloppy thinking, in general). I quite openly criticise people who aren't thinking clearly or properly. This tendency of mine is even quite visible on these very forums. The rest of the time I'm usually very quiet and prefer either to watch or daydream.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cat King Cole View Post
    So, I've just revised my Socionics type and my etype. The next step is picking a DCNH subtype for me!

Current candidates are Creative and Normalising, possibly Harmonising.

Behaviour in groups

If there is no leader and I'm in a completely disorganised mob, I'll take charge for only as long as it takes to get the group moving. I'd say I'm more comfortable as a "catalyst" or "mastermind" than an actual leader. It depends though. In a small group where a leadership role is expected of me, I lead. In contrast, I'm really uncomfortable being a follower--unless doing so keeps responsibility I don't feel I can handle off my shoulders (social loafing ftw).

Typically I prefer to work on my own, because that way I'm neither taking direction from anyone else (and having my freedom to set my own pace taken away), nor being forced to direct other people. If I must do the latter, I do, and quite comfortably--I just don't want to be seen as bossy. I like people who I can direct without worrying about losing favour.

In an intellectual group, I openly talk about my ideas and thoughts, usually to clear up misunderstandings (or people's sloppy thinking, in general). I quite openly criticise people who aren't thinking clearly or properly. This tendency of mine is even quite visible on these very forums. The rest of the time I'm usually very quiet and prefer either to watch or daydream.
    Cant you answer your own question ?

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I could I won't have posted.

Can't you ask sensible questions?
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cat King Cole View Post
    If I could I won't have posted.

Can't you ask sensible questions?
    Well it just seems kinda obvious to me that which is impression your description gives. Only thing that stands out as more DcNh trait is how you emphasize individuality which is mainly linked to the creative subtype. And it seems to be good fit for you overall too.

Sensible demands always a subject. It might not be the askes fault if one is not able to comprehend the question

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obvious impressions are the least thoroughly thought-out impressions though, ime. I could see myself being H or N subtypes, especially considering that I'm not a very socially extraverted extratim.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default DCNH subtype Agarina!

I've been interested in learning more about DCNH, but I still have trouble understanding how it's supposed to work and therefore have difficulties in determining my own subtype. I'm sure I'm an extroverted subtype - either Dominant or Creative. I can relate to the contact dichotomy, but about terminating/initiating and connecting/ignoring I'm not sure at all. I'd say ignoring describes me better, but then again as a Se polr you'd think not being in tune with the environment is self-evident? I find it hard to say how I compare to other EIIs. If that helps anything, I'm quite confident I'd be a Ne subtype in the 2subtype theory, at least if the wikisocion describtions are to be trusted.

There are also some things about the describtions whose logic I can't really follow. For example, in the Dominant type describtion it says that it's "the most similar of all to his type's description" and "In his 1st function the Dominant works "at full steam" and even more. In that sense, it's not just hidden somewhere processing information -- in Dominant it is evident at all times." Now, if DCNH is a sub temperament theor" where dominant represents EJ temperament, why would these statements be true to any other than EJ types? Why would a D-subtype of a Fe/Te polr socionics type be the closest of all to their type's describtion?

Things about Dominant subtype that I can relate to:

- "the ethical is the most excitable"
    - I take the leadership explicitly (especially if someone else doesn't take it or I'm frustrated about a situation)
    - I sometimes feel a sense of "competition" in group situations if there are other people with strong personalities, even if we get along well and like each other
    - "the Dominant, firstly, pulls attention to himself.." This. Though maybe this is just me being a declaring type or something?
    - "..and secondly, "gives orders". Furthermore, he is blunt, if he uses some sort of manipulation, it is rather crude." This happens to me. For example with
    1. groupworks at school (I usually don't trust anyone to be intelligent/talented/creative/insightful enough by my standards and will want to do things my way)
    2. SEIs and their Te polr. It really annoys the fuck out of me, and I often start commanding them/doing their jobs myself out of pure frustration when they can't complete even the simplest Te-related tasks. I don't like this tendency tho, and I try to restrict this kind of behaviour since I know how bad it feels when you sense that someone does things for you only because they think you're a helpless retard. I don't know if a true D would see it as a problem..?

Things abut Creative subtype I can relate to:
    - "This subtype, conversely, is the least similar to the canonical type description." I can't really relate to the stereotype (?) of a timid/exemplary/prudish introvert
    - "with Creative subtype the intertype relationships are also "watered down" -- because he conducts himself "outside the box" by the standards of his type." I'm not really sure what this means, I think I can relate, but then again I'm E4 so I'm "supposed to" see myself as different and unique or whatever.. Hard to say how the intertype relationship model works compared to other people, so..
    - "He does not really understand the various social-relational games, but he does not protest if he gets entagled in such a game" again I think I relate but I'm not exactly sure if this means what I think it means
    - "Easily stirred, an "odd duck", can act in ways unusual in general and alien to his type in particular" Thiiiss.
    - "The Creative is not interested in anything besides that which is truly interesting to him -- in the sense that he ignores everything else (passively or actively). Including people" yep yep, this is me
    - "The attitude to standards in general is negative or indifferent" I don't really give a fuck about standards/rules if I don't see the reason/meaning behind them

TL;DR: I'd be glad to get some clarifications about the difference between D & C subtypes, opinions/ideas about my subtype if anyone has any, questions or examples that'd help me determine my type, etc. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just take a look at your career interests. Dominant-Harmonizing subtypes are often very attracted to large corporate structures, or more "traditional" careers anyway (of course, barring type-enneagram perferences), Creative and Harmonizing types prefer either more "creative" venues or more "relaxed" places. Also, oftentimes Creative subtypes are pretty blunt and not so easy to get along with, whereas dominant subtypes have a tendency to be "apparently" more diplomatic, their dominance is more "political".
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Just take a look at your career interests. Dominant-Harmonizing subtypes are often very attracted to large corporate structures, or more "traditional" careers anyway (of course, barring type-enneagram perferences), Creative and Harmonizing types prefer either more "creative" venues or more "relaxed" places.
    Even the idea of having a career feels distant now, but I think it'd definitely be the latter. I'd die in a traditional, boring 8 to 16 job. But I dunno, like you said this could well be an enneagram thing.. I've understood 4s of all types have most difficulties with jobs and routines and fitting into society.

Also, oftentimes Creative subtypes are pretty blunt and not so easy to get along with, whereas dominant subtypes have a tendency to be "apparently" more diplomatic, their dominance is more "political".
    This is really interesting! I've been leaning towards Creative, but for some reason the fact that I'm often blunt and quite a difficult person to deal with corresponded with my idea of the Dominant subtype much better.. If you can tell something more about this I'm all ears.
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone else?
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So do you have problems establishing whether you are initiating/terminating, connecting/ignoring? Maybe you could think of people you know and your interaction with them? It would be good to hve some examples of people of different DCNH subtypes.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ver View Post
    So do you have problems establishing whether you are initiating/terminating, connecting/ignoring? Maybe you could think of people you know and your interaction with them? It would be good to hve some examples of people of different DCNH subtypes.
    I have problem establishing whether I'm D or C, and I figured learning whether I'm initiating or terminating and connecting or ignoring would help with that. But I have no idea about either pair really. Also I don't know the system well enough to type people I know.. I can sometimes say what subtype someone is definitely not, but that's about it.
    Johari Nohari

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hmm, I was somewhat curious about it, too. I mean how on Earth people do that with subtypes, pulling them out of thin air and assigning to other people. Going to roam in this thread.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't know which one I am, and I don't have a good perception of myself so Mike will have to answer this question when he gets back @Jadae
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

SOMEBODY DCNH TYPE ME PLEASE?!?!?!?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged