Thread: The Future of Fireworks

TIM
    EII/SLI- HN
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Future of Fireworks

I saw a clip on social media that was fairly interesting. Instead of fireworks, a group of people took a different approach to sky entertainment: drone light shows.

I see the following positives for drones with lights:
    -Low pollution.
    -Potentially low use of resources.
    -Low noise pollution. This might be good from a neighborhood peace perspective, or from a pet or wildlife peace perspective.
    -More interesting sky lighting patterns. I think you could get fairly creative with drones.
    -Safety. Fireworks are more of a fire hazard and safety hazard than drone light shows.

I see the following negatives for drones with lights:
    -Part of the appeal of fireworks is the actual boom they create. It can give people a good feeling that would be missing in light shows.
    -Potentially not as impressive. A drone light show is fairly straightforward. Drones fly in the air with lights attached to them in patterns.
    -Not traditional. People might be attached to fireworks because of their traditional value.

Personally, I think that I'd prefer fireworks. I'm not really sure why this is, but I'd guess it's due to the straightforwardness of a drone light show.

Feel free to discuss any ideas that might be relevant to this.

Edit: So I think that the drone light show would become more interesting if you could make the drones fly in a very interesting pattern. Maybe if you did something like a helix that turns into some other cool shape and then morphs into something else, that might be a cool show.

Edit 2: I guess a few internet videos show satisfying patterns or changes. If you could somehow mimic that, I think that would make an interesting light show for people.
    Last edited by Clarke; 11-09-2022 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Adding more ideas.