Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tattoos by Socionics Type

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know a lot of people of various types with tattoos.

I like the huge artistic ones, but I don't like how they age. So I'm not going to get one.
    IEE

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anything, I think that many SLEs and SEEs have tattoos. And I have also heard that, in the ancient times, warriors used to have tattoos. So, perhaps SLEs and SEEs made good warriors then, so that custom has "survived" within their subconscious mind...or something like that.
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanted to get a big dragonfly with eyes on it's wings done on my back, dragonflies symbolize power & defeat of self created illusions. This was a year ago, but I hesitated a lot, cause of possible regret. I thought of getting a wild horse on my belly to symbolize freedom & I'm adamant that I want to be childless, so if I ever got infected by 'baby fever' the thought of a huge stretched horse across my abdomin might put me off. lol
    Last edited by Codie; 11-04-2011 at 11:07 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't get a Tattoo because it is too permanent and too expensive to get it removed. Styles change, symbolic meanings change, social group change, feelings change, prospective change. It's just too uncertain to do something permanent like that.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

woah
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    My SLE boyfriend wants a tattoo, but he has no thoughts as to design, he just knows he wants a tattoo, which I think is a hilariously Fi-PoLR approach.
    Um...how does that have anything to do with Fi PoLR? I want things and I don't know what they will look like until I find them and I say, "yeah, that's perfect." That doesn't make me Fi PoLR and if it does, "will you marry me?" LOL
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Small tattoos look nice on some people. A part of me wants a tattoo, but at the same time, thinking about it long-term, I'm sure I would grow to hate it and regret getting it. Plus, I don't really care to spend that kind of money on a tattoo when it could go towards something more tangible. So chances are, I won't ever get one, but they still look nice (in small doses) on some people.

Creepy-pokeball

I have had tattoo since 2003 and another since 2009. I'll be getting a third one this January.

Tattoos become a part of you. When I wake up or look in the mirror, I rarely ever notice them. They merely appear as "me". However, mine are personal markers. In a way, to me, they are a part of a process within the continuum of my life.

Also, they only hurt if you have them inked over specific areas, especially areas with tight skin tissue and bones.

The next one will go over my left pectoral to below my collar bone, curving around my rib cage towards my back. The first one in on my leg. The second one is on my pelvis.

Realy, the only thing that sucks about them is that they itch for a week. If youre sure to make sure theyre not visible for jobs, etc., then no one gives a shit.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have only one life as far as I'm concerned so I'm gonna rape my skin. I want very visible tattoos as well.
    One is certain: Swastika. Pi with it's many digits would be awesome as well.
    The other one could be something slightly relating to Fight Club.
    I would take some tattoos about some drugs. Like the alchemical formula of LSD and ethanol. It's just that I'm not sure whether I'll become all-out ascetic one day.
    I wish one of my friends died so I could have cool memorial tattoo. I also like Ouroboros and Terra symbol.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Creepy-pokeball

Unfortunately, I think getting one on my ribs would be awesome, plus I am a wuss.
    Bring some sucker with ya for moral support and squeeze their hand until they feel the pain, too, lol.

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    I have only one life as far as I'm concerned so I'm gonna rape my skin. I want very visible tattoos as well.
    One is certain: Swastika. Pi with it's many digits would be awesome as well.
    The other one could be something slightly relating to Fight Club.
    I would take some tattoos about some drugs. Like the alchemical formula of LSD and ethanol. It's just that I'm not sure whether I'll become all-out ascetic one day.
    I wish one of my friends died so I could have cool memorial tattoo. I also like Ouroboros and Terra symbol.
    pi.jpg

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got my arm finished and I was lying when I said they didn't hurt. Time for some Norco's. I personally don't think enough people have tattoos...if they do, it's something small and unnoticeable, I like it bold and in your face.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i want a tattoo but i'm reallY indecisive and for that reason i'll probablY never get one. i want something meaningful to me, maYBe something i designed mYself or bY a friend. haven't found that Yet and i'm not trying to get one for the sake of it
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    i want a tattoo but i'm reallY indecisive and for that reason i'll probablY never get one. i want something meaningful to me, maYBe something i designed mYself or bY a friend. haven't found that Yet and i'm not trying to get one for the sake of it
    thought your ys were fixed
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah well i got on mY laptop last night and theY weren't working anYmore. a;lksdfja;lskdfja;lskdfja;lskjfa;lskfja;sldfjk
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    That's in hebrew; from the torah...lol.
    It's from the Song of Songs 6:3:

"I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine."

"אֲנִ֤י לְדֹודִי֙ וְדֹודִ֣י לִ֔י "
    Greetings, ragnar
    ILI knowledge-seeker

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Yeah well i got on mY laptop last night and theY weren't working anYmore. a;lksdfja;lskdfja;lskdfja;lskjfa;lskfja;sldfjk
    Oh Y, oh Y?!
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
    I wouldn't get a Tattoo because it is too permanent and too expensive to get it removed. Styles change, symbolic meanings change, social group change, feelings change, prospective change. It's just too uncertain to do something permanent like that.
    Yeah basically. I think of the things that were important to me and meant something at 5, or at 15, or at 25, so much change, so why would I get something permanently inked on me that by the time I'm 35 won't mean the same thing any more? We're always growing, expanding and changing and what seems profound now may seem trite later.

I've heard some people remark that their tattoos are like a historical record, marking where they were at the time in their life they got it. I understand that motivation, but don't desire to do that myself. Or there are people who get tattoos to remind them of people who mean something to them, and I also understand that motivation, but again, it's not something I want to do.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

These days I would do something really simplistic, like the chinese kanji for 1 or a hydrogen molecule.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I just got my arm finished and I was lying when I said they didn't hurt. Time for some Norco's. I personally don't think enough people have tattoos...if they do, it's something small and unnoticeable, I like it bold and in your face.
    I saw your arm tattoo on facebook, cool stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    These days I would do something really simplistic, like the chinese kanji for 1 or a hydrogen molecule.
    I knew a girl in college who wanted to get the word for refrigerator on her arm, only because she knew it wouldn't matter what it says so long as it looks cool.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friend colin and I are getting matching tattoos of a broken window with shards of glass falling out, and our initials on the glass shards. One time we had a fight and he pushed me through a window. It was fun.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-pokeball

I'd like a molecule... maybe dopamine, since I definitely won't get sick of it

I guess it would serve me right if I got Parkinson's though.
    I take 3.5mg (Mirapex) of it every night. It'll make any normal person puke at that ratio. I hate taking it nightly, but infinite annoyance is better than a fubar CNS. Those with Parkinson's can take even more, but they hate it. Trust me, dopamine straight to the brain can be a kill joy. It's a sick paradox.

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se egos were the first ppl to get tattoos, underage. iirc most of the people ive seen with tattoos have been Se egos or xIEs
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

A large (N = 1375; 873 women, 502 men) sample of college students completed measures of demograph-
    ics, body modification (i.e., tattoos and body piercings), and measures of the Big Five personality traits,
    social desirability, and need for uniqueness. Tattooed participants, as compared to their non-tattooed
    counterparts, scored significantly lower on agreeableness and conscientiousness and significantly higher
    on need for uniqueness. Body pierced participants, as compared to their non-pierced counterparts, scored
    significantly lower on conscientiousness and significantly higher on openness to experience. Although
    statistically significant, these relationships explain very small amounts of variance and most likely reflect
    inconsequential real world differences between those with and without these two forms of body modi-
    fication. Our findings suggest caution when attributing psychopathology to adults who possess tattoos
    and/or body piercings.
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...9188690800130X

Research supports personality differences between tattooed and non-tattooed individuals. However, few studies have investigated whether any of these differences are associated with positive indicators for tattooed individuals. In this study, personality differences between tattooed and non-tattooed individuals in three of the Big Five personality areas considered critical to successful employees in the workforce were examined. Previous research has established that higher levels of conscientiousness and extraversion coupled with lower levels of neuroticism are indicators of high-quality employees. The present study attempts to augment this line of research by adding the dimension of tattoos; investigating whether individuals with tattoos report more positive personality indicators in these dimensions than individuals without tattoos. Thus it was hypothesized that tattooed individuals would report higher levels of conscientiousness and extraversion and lower levels of neuroticism than non-tattooed individuals. For this purpose, N = 521 individuals completed an online survey, which included the 44-Question Big Five Inventory. An independent sample t-test revealed a statistically significant difference between tattooed (M = 3.41, SD = 0.77) and non-tattooed (M = 3.21, SD = 0.83) groups in the Big Five personality area of extraversion, t (521) = 0.39, p = .004, d = 0.25. There were no other statistically significant differences. These findings indicate that tattooed individuals may be better employees than previously believed, as the extraversion component of the Big Five Inventory, has been found to be a critical indicator of successful job performance.
    https://www.jyi.org/2016-april/2017/...ed-individuals

Just two papers that I found from a quick search. Others could search for more if interested.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have tattoos but I've always admired this art. I really love Japanese style Tattoos, not only the esthetic but also the traditional methodology. When I look at some traditional Yakuza tattoos I'm just amazed. I like those "Ink shows" and all those great Tattoo Artists.
    Anyway, If I could I would have my chinese astrological sign Tattooed in my back. But alas 1) I'm Broke and 2) I don't like needles !!

Last edited by godslave; 05-27-2022 at 10:16 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12