Thread: INFp, ENFjs and predicting what will happen

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INFp, ENFjs and predicting what will happen

Usually I keep my predictions to myself, in my head. But sometimes with someone I trust, I say what I think will happen. And usually I'm right. Even when I hope I'm not right. Sometimes I don't even admit to myself what I think is going to happen but it often plays out exactly as I know it will. Funny because I used to think this was just normal and that most people could do it but then when I started sharing my predictions, people would look surprised. And then when the prediction would come true, they'd think it was really weird that I knew ahead of time. lol

what are other beta NF experiences with this?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My friend is an "intuitive" and she makes predictions all the time and is an INFp. She called me over for tea and started to tell me where she saw me in a the future. I started to feel the pain she was having and I asked her, "how was the wine last night; you seem to be in pain"; she was shocked and taken aback by my perception (I neither knew that she had wine, nor could you see that she was in discomfort). I felt the fermenting wine in her intestines, turning her bowels inside out ( sorry for the imagery). I told her it didn't work like hers, that my particular kind was more empathetic, more based on the very subtle things I feel in a person, things that are connected to their mood, feelings, their emotions or state of comfort. She found that very interesting. I like that she can make predictions for everyone I know in an instant.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    My friend is an "intuitive" and she makes predictions all the time and is an INFp. She called me over for tea and started to tell me where she saw me in a the future. I started to feel the pain she was having and I asked her, "how was the wine last night; you seem to be in pain"; she was shocked and taken aback by my perception (I neither knew that she had wine, nor could you see that she was in discomfort). I felt the fermenting wine in her intestines, turning her bowels inside out ( sorry for the imagery). I told her it didn't work like hers, that my particular kind was more empathetic, more based on the very subtle things I feel in a person, things that are connected to their mood, feelings, their emotions or state of comfort. She found that very interesting. I like that she can make predictions for everyone I know in an instant.
    interesting.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    Usually I keep my predictions to myself, in my head. But sometimes with someone I trust, I say what I think will happen. And usually I'm right. Even when I hope I'm not right. Sometimes I don't even admit to myself what I think is going to happen but it often plays out exactly as I know it will. Funny because I used to think this was just normal and that most people could do it but then when I started sharing my predictions, people would look surprised. And then when the prediction would come true, they'd think it was really weird that I knew ahead of time. lol

what are other beta NF experiences with this?

Great topic. I have thought about this before as i can also predict what's going to happen quite well. I realized that my conscious predictions are based on how well I know people. So for example if I have known a group of people for a year I have observed their intentons, how they get along, skill set and likes and dislikes. So if they are working on a task I know who is going to take the lead or not pull their weight and who will step in to fill the gap with a helpful nature. I think it's also connected to sensing peoples feelings. Based on this type of information I can predict if the task will get done successfully or not as long as I know the players involved. My instincts kick in when I don't know the people involved...I get a gut feel that tells me the outcome which is amazingly accurate. It's a useful trick as if you don't like where you see things going you can create your own butterfly effect. I hate it when someone is telling me something and I get that "bad intentions" vibe. Having to stand there, listen and smile when you know you're being fed a line.

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When people would ask me questions I didn't knew answers to I would usually lie. I would get surprised when after a week or two I would find out that what I actually thought was a lie is true.
    Sincerely Yours,

Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

The Rebel without a cause.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sarinana View Post
    When people would ask me questions I didn't knew answers to I would usually lie. I would get surprised when after a week or two I would find out that what I actually thought was a lie is true.
    ENFJ female brain at its best. LOL.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    My friend is an "intuitive" and she makes predictions all the time and is an INFp.(...) I started to feel the pain she was having and I asked her, "how was the wine last night; you seem to be in pain"; she was shocked and taken aback by my perception (I neither knew that she had wine, nor could you see that she was in discomfort). I felt the fermenting wine in her intestines, turning her bowels inside out ( sorry for the imagery).
    LOLOLROFLMAOLMFAO,LAYSASFG.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I've noticed I'm rather good at predicting things, people have even jokingly called my physic. What's even weirder is the fact that I tend to have dreams that will come true quite often. It creeps me out.
    I dreamed that I was going to have a baby boy and that he'd sleep in the pack-n-play next to our bed and it came true. He even looked the same as he did in my dream.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My girl just says "something bad'll happen"... normally after it's happened. Her explanation will be "I didn't know what was going to happen, just that something would!" Cute.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    My girl just says "something bad'll happen"... normally after it's happened. Her explanation will be "I didn't know what was going to happen, just that something would!" Cute.
    Yeah, that's called having Ni Role function.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTp>INFp when it comes to predicting things. Although they both are Ni dominants aka quasi-psychics&prophets INTps are better at predicting things because they're negativists who focus on negativities and nothing but negativities, and we all know that future always brings negativities and nothing but negativities.

OTOH, INFp>ENFj. Why? Because if ENFjs were so good at predicting the future as INFps are they wouldn't struggle so much to change the state of affairs. Look at INFps! They don't struggle at all. Yes, I know they're spineless, but anyway.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've noticed I'm rather good at predicting things, people have even jokingly called my physic. What's even weirder is the fact that I tend to have dreams that will come true quite often. It creeps me out.
    Me too. I find it weird/unpleasant-ish. One time I had a dream about something I was going to post on this forum. I don't remember what it was, but I feel like I ended up posting it.

Anyway, frequently I can see where something's going. Like I can almost always predict where an conversation is going, and when a plan is going to turn out badly. I think I tend to be wrong when I don't have enough info, which is why not being told things bothers me, because I have an expectation in my head based on the current data. On the other hand, this also often results in me being prepared for the moment when someone needs to provide a solution, and hopefully I've been working on said solution while people were working on the plan that's doomed to failure.

If I share my predictions with people, it's usually in the form of complaining about how something's not going to work. Also I can usually predict where my own mind is going and thereby swerve. I think I talked about it on one of my blog entries, but then jrxtes replied and said that that might be a more general trait than I think, and not really correlated with Ni. Shrug.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    If I share my predictions with people, it's usually in the form of complaining about how something's not going to work.
    there is nothing that bugs my ESE husband more than when I do this. He always insists I'm wrong and tells me I'm a negativist. But then when I'm right, he's annoyed.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's funny, a lot of the time I know what people are going to say right before they say it. And not even in that pedantic "I know where this is going" tone. Like today I called my friend at work an hour before he had told me he was getting off. I ask him, fully aware of redundency, when he's getting off and he says "I'm getting off..." and I said, "Now?" and he says "Wait...yeah, right now." I just knew...
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

people get pissed at me for that too.
    Why? That's nothing but useful.

FUCK THEM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was having an interesting discussion some time ago with an ILI. The topic was the fundamental difference between how we behave when we "visualize" something. That is, how are intuition guides us.

The main thing we concluded, which I associate very much to the difference between Ne and Ni, is this:

Ne, being extroveted and the aggressor (borrowed from 1981Slater), perceives an alternate mental, abstract, or conceptual state.

Ni, being introverted and the caregiver, perceives what is the most natural mental, abstract, conceptal state.

I think the clairvoyant nature of Introverted Intuition comes from the property described above. Ni sees a set of events and, from that set, intuits the outcome it most strongly feels is natural or inevitable.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also can finish people's sentences for them often and am also good at guessing people's ages and sometimes other things (like once I guessed how much was in a giant jar of jelly beans), but I think my analytical skills aren't good, because of weak Ti and also, because of an excess of Se (too much booze etc.) and also, because the primary Ni intuition is so cryptic by nature that it's hard to quickly interpret it.

I find INFP intuition to be more understanding than mine, less neurotic than me - I enjoy their humor and groundedness, but I also think they can be shortsighted and evil sometimes, too, and that their not posessing the willingness to go aall the way to help people as I am, but that's also why they don't have as many apparent problems as i do.

lefty
    enfj
    4w5

p.s. i'm also periodically shocked by an ESTPs acts of a lack of conscience, but pleased when they get more balanced and generally worn out by an ISTJs lack of boundaries (weak Ni and Ne, respecdtively).

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I can predict people's behavior and emotional reactions, though not so much things related to objective reality.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I seem to be sensitive to dangerous areas than most. Ever since I was a little kid....I had a feeling if somebody was 'unsafe' or not, and I was usually right. Of course this intuition has negative effects. People have a tendency to think you're very weak, because you won't do a lot of stuff- but that's just because you're more aware of what that action will actually yield to everybody, and you have a better natural understanding how it just won't be worth it, it will just cause you pain with no reward. Sensors seem to have this intuition too, mind you, it's human and 'universal' but the key difference is, it seems to kick in 'later' for them, than it does us- when it might be too late. (but then again they also seem to be natural better fighters so really everything balances out in the end)

(actually I'm not so sure of sensors being physically tougher either, I think intuition is actually genetically superior even though that probably goes against 'common sense' or something)

A Place within a Place in the Universe Where they will never suspect. *Cackles like a witch.*
    TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am pretty good at looking into the longterm and hunches. There is just a certain sense of knowing, without any explanation. There is always a chance I'll be wrong, so I keep them to myself unless it's something urgent. I prefer to observe how to play out in the longrun, and I prefer not to reveal my inner process to others. If I know a person well, I'm on the money or in the ballpark with how they will act.

I'm the type who prefers to hedge my bets, and I see multiple possible outcomes. It's hard for me to determine which one is more likely, without weighing everything out. There may also be a certain overlap in the ideas of what will come next, some right, some completely wrong. Situations like this play out quickly. I'll plan accordingly what to say, how to act, based on patterns that I have picked up on. If I've been in a similar situation, can make a certain association, it usually will help in the longrun.
    xII se PoLR, 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

Phlegmatic-Melancholic |RCoAI| Fascinator| Newtype-secondary| LEFVl|

#JusticeforJeb_, Water Sheep did nothing wrong, High Inquisitor Of Council of Water Sheep and Water Sheep's protector

Make things right? Who are we to decide when things are right and when they need to be fixed?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've noticed these happening to me:

- Able to tell, if a friend or acquaintance needs to undergo a medical treatment, what the outcome is going to be. An instant image of the person projected into the future will "tell me" this.
    - Able to tell if a new trend, like the appearance of a social movement, has a future or not. Somehow able to "sense the slightest changes in the air" and know of the demise of this trend just at the peak of its exposure. Others will start to notice a week later. This rarely happens as I have to be al least mildly interested, which I'm usually not.

https://youtu.be/JirvSuZQ-gA?t=225
    TIM
    IEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't predict things.

Though I relate to having extremely good associative thinking, similar to sarinana, as I can answer questions I don't really know how to answer just by connecting the information to something miles and miles deep embedded in my brain... lol

I can be not paying attention at all to a conversation and answer everything while my mind is somewhere else.

This is one the main reasons why I relate strongly to intuition, as one of my best and only strengths is finding patterns and key words without taking in too many sensory details.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My EIE father predicted aspects of my future recently and I was like... should I believe him because he's EIE o.O I have seemed to have a knack for warning people of things they keep doing or about to do that will lead to certain bad consequences, and then those bad consequences come into fruition. This has happened many times, don't know what it means. Maybe just hang around reckless or unwise people lol.

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had to think about this one for a bit to observe my own process.

I don't know if it's predicting so much as observing the way things build up over time, tailored to what I know the person values and the pattern of choices they've made up until this point. The more things build up in a certain direction the more a specific outcome seems inevitable. It doesn't feel mystical, just a different way of paying attention than other people do, therefore more unusual.

For almost every person I know well, when I look at them or think of them I have a mental snapshot/impression of their future, sometimes at a specific moment and sometimes just in general. Something drastic would have to change for this vision to change. Unfortunately the picture can be dark (not often), other times I see the person ending up living in a very specific kind of house in a specific neighborhood or state. For myself, I often envision a feeling state I'll be having 2 or 3 years from now, or an impact I'll be making based on gifts I know I have but haven't come to full fruition yet.

I almost never feel the need to speak these pictures out loud, especially the dark ones, because I want things to unfold naturally rather than meddle. I'll usually only offer the vision if it will be encouraging, for example, telling a discouraged friend "this dark outcome you imagine will likely not happen because you have always proven to have the inner resources to overcome, and I see you ending up at _____ (fill in the blank)."
    Last edited by Aria; 01-22-2020 at 04:06 PM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just thought of this one:

If I'm hanging out with a group of people that I know very well even though everyone can be laughing and in a good mood, all of a sudden there's something 'off' about it all and I can see a conflict spark at any moment. But everyone is still laughing and there's no reason to fight. The atmosphere overcharges, everyone's electricty is going to clash. I get a physical reaction to it.

I think it's Fe working in overdrive and picking up information in milliseconds. And I don't think it pertains only to beta NFs.

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    I think it's Fe working in overdrive and picking up information in milliseconds. And I don't think it pertains only to beta NFs.
    I can resonate with this, and I see it in a lot of NFs (not all) and a lot of higher Fe types (not all).

I'm wondering if it's a combination of type, natural empathic abilities, and conditioning from childhood. Being raised in an abusive or emotionally unstable environment develops the ability to read micro-expressions and be hyper attuned to a caregiver's state as a survival mechanism, even more so in someone who is already naturally empathic or observant.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't predict anything. At least not consciously. And my imagination manifests more in the form of feelings that I think I will have, or impressions that arise anticipating a certain impact. But rarely are they snapshots. It made me consider that I might have aphantasia, but I'm not sure. I think aphantasia is much more extreme than this.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Baboooshka, now I'm googling aphantasia...interesting. Very opposite of my own mind, ha! I'm super visual and often think in images as well as feeling impressions.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    I'm wondering if it's a combination of type, natural empathic abilities, and conditioning from childhood. Being raised in an abusive or emotionally unstable environment develops the ability to read micro-expressions and be hyper attuned to a caregiver's state as a survival mechanism, even more so in someone who is already naturally empathic or observant.
    Yes, and if the descriptions of Beta are true, I can see how NFs in that quadra can be (subconsciously) looking for signs of change in the mood of someone in a higher position/with more power.

If I were to try to explain it, the way I remember those instances, along with the micro-expressions, there was also some form of pitch, articulation and timbre recognition. My take is that if you have high , your body is more prone to be scanning itself and its environment to find that which poses a threat to its internal harmony. Thus, it becomes more refined at recognizing different stages or intensities: temperature, your sense of hunger or thirst, sounds. traverses time, so here is my take:

Prediction projected into the future could be more associated with (some of the) intuitives whereas 'gut feelings' or the type of phenomena more often associated with 'psychics' could belong to (some of the) sensors, loosely speaking.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

INFps seem to be the best at predicting on-the-fly where things might go with respect to people in general and their actions or interactions, but not with respect to themselves; but, many seem to automatically bury their heads in the sand or withdraw when they sense that things are going to get really bad, which can ramp up personal stress. ENFjs tend to immediately deal with issues when they actually do pay attention to their gut feelings but similarly are not that good at foreseeing situations that will affect them personally - like being farsighted but not being able to read the text in front of them. Many seem to be overly preoccupied with the alligators in the swamp when they should attend to problems closer to home....

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Passed by a post here some time back where a self-typed Se ego talked about working really hard to notice trends and predict outcomes in his life. He contrasted it to his presumed Ni-ego friends who were a lot more chill about, presumably because they already had predictive software running in the background and thus did not need to work at it or worry about it so much.

Aka: the harder you work at it the less 'natural' to you it seems to be.

S'one way to think of it.
    Reason is a whore.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My tea leaves usually tell me that I'm gonna drink it.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    heartless
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    Very interesting. I'll have to think on this. I'm in the enneagram gut center so I often feel like I go with my first instinct before anything else, but I'm sure it's not as tied to my physical state as an Si-dominant. And I'm usually attuned to preventing emotional harm rather than physical.

Side note, how do you make the little symbols for the information elements?!
    : Fe : just remove spaces.

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@phi Thank you

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm not beta NF, but I'm pretty good at seeing how various situations with people will unfold. People's predictability is on a spectrum and the more predictable someone is the faster you learn them and their rules.

You know how to approach somebody and what to say to them to produce the correct result, for example. You know how to smooth over a bad situation you got yourself in.

It's more difficult to utilize predictions when you are not trying to control someone, though. For me this manifests with being able to use my idea of someone to inform myself of what their opinion might be without having to talk to them.

Whenever someone is really predictable I'll do this mid-conversation and piss them off if I'm particularly impatient with it that day.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I've got a pretty good grasp of what long-term effect a certain behaviour will have, for myself and others, and how to - at least in theory, work to prevent that. I feel like I know my future, at least based on the kind of life I live now. It's part experience, and it's part prediction. It's not like I believe I'm a psychic though, I don't believe in superstitions.