Thread: Effect of asymmetrical relations on the orientation of types

Creepy-

Default Effect of asymmetrical relations on the orientation of types

(aka - The Quadra Wheel)

Types naturally lead into each other, from static to dynamic (alpha NT --> alpha SF, etc.).

The first type of the quadra is the most reluctant to move forward, they get caught up in the spirit of their own quadra and the security of the previous quadra.

The fourth type of the quadra is the most progressive, encouraging change and trying to gain acceptance by memebers of the succeeding quadra.

THE WHEEL

Each type aspires to be recognised by its supervisor, and may take on aspects of their supervisors quadra (ENTp is a fairly Delta-ish Alpha, ESFj is fairly Beta-ish). This trend greatly influences the orientation of types.

THE WHEEL OF SUPERVISION

Relations of benefit weakly influence the orientation of types. They follow the same directions as relations of supervision.

THE WHEEL OF BENEFIT

Creepy-

Dual, identical, benefit, supervision, contrary and superego move in the same direction, all others move in the opposite direction.

Mirror, activity, look-a-like and illusionary move away from each other.

Semi-dual, comparative, quasi-identical and conflict move towards each other.

Creepy-

For clarity, I didn't draw in lines of benefit or supervision for the inner types (it would get too crowded), but basically they alternate in directions.

1 = backwards
    2 = forwards
    3 = backwards
    4 = forwards

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone notice an affinity between intp's and charts/diagrams? or no?
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ishy, stop the bullshit, you're definately an INFp. I mean, just look at the colors!

Neat graphs btw.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    Ishy, stop the bullshitk, you're definately an INFp. I mean, just look at the colors!
    lol what? This isn't a type thread...

Neat graphs btw.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ishy, stop the bullshit, you're definately an INFp. I mean, just look at the colors!

Neat graphs btw.
    Yeah and you know everything, dont you?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that we're on the subject, Cheerio is not a feeler. An INFP wouldn't for example, explode and call Kraus a cold-hearted bitch. Sorry.

Isha, and you know what I think about your type. :wink: I've siad that when I talked to you, you remind me of too many Extraverty-Feelery types, and you've got the Te PoLR because of the way you are responsive to people. "OK", "Yeah", "Hmm", "Sure"... .

And sorry if no one has taken your thread seriously. Maybe people just don't have faith in the social movements of the Quadras.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Now that we're on the subject, Cheerio is not a feeler. An INFP wouldn't for example, explode and call Kraus a cold-hearted bitch. Sorry.
    haha. :wink: well that still doesnt convince too much though, I've had conflcits with ESTps before but I've also had problems with ESFps so Im not sure what it proves.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Yeah and you know everything, dont you?"

Of course I do!

But in all honesty, it's really just a reaction of people doubting their type when to me it seems abhorrently apparent what type they are.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Alright, well just out of curiosity what type do you think I am?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTp.

You have to remember, INTps are not walking-machines and appear to possess a rather intricate inner-world, if that's where your doubt is stemming from.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTp.
    duh
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

Creepy-

Wow...

*gives up on the notion of reviving the original spirit of the thread*

I'm glad people liked my diagrams in any case.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleesha
    Wow...

what do you mean "asymmetrical relations"?
    LII

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Mariano Rajoy
    Wow...

Symmetrical relations are where each type has a fairly "equal" role, they both mean the same thing to each other.

Asymmetrical relations are benefit and supervision, where one type generally has an advantage of sorts and they mean different things to each other.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I guess that makes Mariana Rajoy an INFp. j/k

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow...

Symmetrical relations are where each type has a fairly "equal" role, they both mean the same thing to each other.

Asymmetrical relations are benefit and supervision, where one type generally has an advantage of sorts and they mean different things to each other.
    so, your proposing that we can look at relations and determine characteristics of an individual type?
    LII

Creepy-

so, your proposing that we can look at relations and determine characteristics of an individual type?
    Pretty much!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty much!
    i dont think i can say much, other than it is logical. the position of the weak function by which you are supervised moves between the types in an ordered way. and your supervisor is always in another quadra. i am not connecting any dots here, i dont think i can help with the thread by saying something new.
    LII

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I REALLY like the graphs, too bad that I don't understand them yet. I get the feeling that there is some huge truth hidden inside the graphs and if I see it, I can understand socionics much better. And I'm not even being sarcastic.

PS! making graphs really does seem very INTp, but other types do that too, so it doesn't make you INTp.

PPS! I like the colors, and they are very non-INTp.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Creepy-

Pretty much!
    i dont think i can say much, other than it is logical. the position of the weak function by which you are supervised moves between the types in an ordered way. and your supervisor is always in another quadra. i am not connecting any dots here, i dont think i can help with the thread by saying something new.
    Originally, it occurred to me that the types have a kind of spectrum (due to my observations). I arranged the types and pondered why they were arranged in such a fashion, and I noticed that all the supervisors lined up - it does make sense that supervision could actually be responsible for the order, hence my theory .

Unfortunately it's only in hindsight, but as I seem to be getting good responses, I guess it musn't be too fantastical.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty much!
    Originally, it occurred to me that the types have a kind of spectrum (due to my observations). I arranged the types and pondered why they were arranged in such a fashion, and I noticed that all the supervisors lined up - it does make sense that supervision could actually be responsible for the order, hence my theory .

Unfortunately it's only in hindsight, but as I seem to be getting good responses, I guess it musn't be too fantastical.
    maybe you could illustrate the gradation/spectrum somehow? what was your theory again?
    LII

Creepy-

That asymmetrical relations (especially supervision) influence the orientation (social and information preferences) of types.

I will work on the explanation (currently doing 6 things at once...)