Thread: Hidden agendas

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hidden agendas

How do these show up in people's behavior?

ENTp, ESTp => to be loved
    INTj, INFj => to be healthy
    ESFj, ESTj => to be perfect
    ISFp, INFp => to understand
    ENFj, ENTj => to be wealthy
    ISTj, ISFj => to believe
    ESFp, ENFp => to know
    INTp, ISTp => to love
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it is something like this:

This is more like "appearing to be perfect" in the eyes of others, rather than actually being perfect; it's the "keeping up with the Joneses" kind of thing.

ISTj, ISFj => to believe

It's to be free of doubt on non-factual issues, such as ideas, principles, etc. Once you make up your mind about such things, you don't want to consider anymore the possibility that you might be wrong and tend to brush aside evidence to the contrary.

ESFp, ENFp => to know

A need to appear to be, or to feel, knowledgeable. That's what makes ENFp and ESFp technical salesmen stuff their presentations with lots of technical data which are actually irrelevant.

In the case of ENTjs, it's really about a need to accumulate actual wealth; in ENFjs, I think it's more about position and status.

I think it's about avoiding situations that could put your body at risk.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not about just being rich. It's more about being very important and rich. Just willing the lottery and becoming suddenly extremely wealthy is not as tempting as making the right choices at a stock market and making a fortune, plus getting people to really admire me for my talents. :wink: Yes, I am vain!
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can definitely see those. I can picture people I know as I read them Especially the "to believe" one which sounds pretty vague without the additional description. The healthy one sounds just like my sister but that one was pretty easy to understand without additonal info.

But you didn't describe the last one - the INTp/ISTp "to love". My husband doesn't behave in an emotionally expressive way at all. I just don't see that hidden agenda in his behavior. I asked him about it and he gave me a funny look which I couldn't interpret.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky
    But you didn't describe the last one - the INTp/ISTp "to love". My husband doesn't behave in an emotionally expressive way at all. I just don't see that hidden agenda in his behavior. I asked him about it and he gave me a funny look which I couldn't interpret.
    I'm not sure I understand this well either, but Rocky or the INTps will be able to answer --

I know it's manifested into a need to feel love for someone, which is why those types are very likely to have pets -- they are "safe" receivers of love which won't hit their PoLR. But presumably your husband fulfills this hidden agenda in his dual marriage to you
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL. Actually he has a cat too. A psychotic evil cat.

-Mark Twain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Hidden agendas

ENTp, ESTp => to be loved
    Urgent and chronic need to be valued for who they are. The need to feel an absolute freedom to "let go" of their image (they seem pretty relaxed, but there is a strong image being put across as they are hiding a whole heck of a lot) without consequence.

This one seems literal to me. Its literally the INxJ always being subconsciously (you see it, but they don't) worried about the state of their body and surroundings. Tell them they look like they haven't eaten in a while, or that they should eat something, because they look like shit, and you'll almost always hit a nerve.

Don't know. They are always projecting an image that makes them look traditionally perfect, but that's a bit more common than most other things.

These are the folks that really really want to sound and feel smart. They are conscious of it. No matter how confident they are, if you call them stupid, then they'll really be hurt. Call them smart (no matter how cheap it sounds) and you'll make their day. They are interested in saying things properly, making wise decisions, being sure that they know what they are about, etc.

A whole freedom. Complete independence from the hassle of tending to the body, and things of a physical nature. How it manifests?

ISTj, ISFj => to believe
    This one manifests in their need to feel that they are a part of something great, or something "meaningful." They need a reason to think that they are important, and that they have made the right decision, and are backing the right cause, or the right person, or the right idea, or the right prediction. Weak Ne?

ESFp, ENFp => to know
    Ugh. This hidden agenda is appealing, and yet annoying (to me) at the same time. In the worst case it manifests as nosiness. They just have to know. You can play games with these people's curiosity. The more they lose touch, the less they realize they are being "handled" in this regard. Usually though, it shows up in a similar way to the INFp's. They want to feel as though they have full competency. They want to be the ones with the right "angle" on a given situation. They want to be impressive in the area of "depth of understanding." They want to you react strongly when they open their mouth and drop a bit of relevant information at the right time. You know, kinda like what people (*cough* ExFP's, *cough*) do when INTP's time their shit properly.

INTp, ISTp => to love
    With all this talk, I don't really know. I've heard about the ISTp's thing with animals. Eh..

I spent alot of time wondering what this hidden agenda stuff is, but then realized its easy to understand how it manifests. Look at your dual. What are they valued for? What *thing* do they do that is impressive to others? You silently wish you could do this "thing" as well.
    thing.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is why I like being a home inspector. Er, one of the reasons. I get to impress people with all of my technical knowledge.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I think this is why I like being a home inspector. Er, one of the reasons. I get to impress people with all of my technical knowledge.
    I think you are misinterpreting what your hidden agenda is making you do. Maybe, possibly, I don't know.

People try very hard to hide their hidden agenda. VERY HARD. Thats why it leaks out of their backside in a very awkward way. And that's why people see it all the time, but the person hiding it is clueless. And then you have the people who come face to face with what they are trying to hide. They either try to hide it more, or they start shoving it in your face.. like, "yea, this is my hidden agenda, so what?"

None of what I said in that last paragraph is coming across in what you said just now, in the way you think.

How do you feel about this response. Do you like that I'm singling you out? Are you gonna drag this on? Is it to feel smart? Maybe you have insecurities about your intelligence. Perhaps people have called you stupid, and you are just unable to hide from the possibility that you are. Maybe you feel worthless, like you've totally fucked up. Maybe your conscience is bothering you for some reason? ENTps, ENFps, ISFjs, and ISTjs act in this way.
    thing.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good thing I'm not any of those types.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    It's not about just being rich. It's more about being very important and rich. Just willing the lottery and becoming suddenly extremely wealthy is not as tempting as making the right choices at a stock market and making a fortune, plus getting people to really admire me for my talents. :wink: Yes, I am vain!
    I would rather win the lottery and no one know about it. Sorry but I think wanting other people to "admire" you is weak.
    ENTj - intuitive subtype - 8w9, sp/sx

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*cough* ISFj *cough*
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's just , generally. So, power, beauty, money.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    *cough* ISFj *cough*
    you still haven't proven it yet. Neither has there been any serious reason for me to really consider that.
    PS! Are you saying that all ISFjs are weak people who want to be admired? :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by Eidos
    I would rather win the lottery and no one know about it. Sorry but I think wanting other people to "admire" you is weak.
    Don't care. But I want power. I don't need everyone to know when I'm rich, I just don't want anyone to think it was just luck.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh, I was just teasing. I have no idea what type you are. You have never seemed like like a logical type to me, though. From the first post of yours that I read, I thought you seemed feelery.
    SEE

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by MySaviour
    These are the folks that really really want to sound and feel smart. They are conscious of it. No matter how confident they are, if you call them stupid, then they'll really be hurt. Call them smart (no matter how cheap it sounds) and you'll make their day. They are interested in saying things properly, making wise decisions, being sure that they know what they are about, etc.
    God, I hate it when people say I'm smart. I usually get into an argument about it unless it's important to me that I don't argue with the particular person. That or it's a comment related to an achievement I'm particularly proud of. If someone said I was smart because of my poetry or something, I'd feel sick inside.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleesha
    God, I hate it when people say I'm smart. I usually get into an argument about it unless it's important to me that I don't argue with the particular person. That or it's a comment related to an achievement I'm particularly proud of. If someone said I was smart because of my poetry or something, I'd feel sick inside.
    Umm.. you're really smart.
    thing.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Aleesha
    Umm.. you're really smart.

I'm not going to argue with you because I really should be studying. I thought you wanted to share my bed? :wink:

edit: I still love you, Joel

edit: I don't always loathe it. It is nice sometimes, particuarly when I'm at certain stages of depression.

edit: "Insightful" is a much better word

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the only thing that really bothers me is the *supposed to's* that people try to impose on me.
    SEE