Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: EII-SLE Conflict Relations (INFj & ESTp)

TIM
    SCS: SLE
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loopyclouds View Post
    If you're 16yo, it's reasonable to be not sure of your type yet.
    Your right, my functions haven't fully shown themselves, or I haven't gained enough experience on how I use each of my functions in general.

I just don't know if I am Te > Se or Se > Te, so far I am Nx > Si > Fe > Fi. Which brings LIE, LSE, and SLE into the table.

TIM
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    None of my SLE friends called me that. Those things are a matter of maturity... what SLE do say that is upsetting they will call their wives"my dumb wife" I guess it's the same thing. why would you say such things to people anyway. I guess they don't think about it as hurting people's feelings.

But that's just part of a rude joke right?

I don't like resistance. I like discussion.
    I have to agree, calling names isn't right at all. What's best is criticism with accommodating help for change. Wife is dumb? Then help her develop her reasoning skills, do activities together to help each other grow.

After all, phrases like "You're fat" versus "You look very unhealthy, I recommend you intake more of these foods, try this workout, etc. I can help if you want, just hope you get into better shape for your health."

I think it has more to do with people who want to put down others, or people who just don't know how to phrase their words right.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Virgin Pure View Post
    I have to agree, calling names isn't right at all. What's best is criticism with accommodating help for change. Wife is dumb? Then help her develop her reasoning skills, do activities together to help each other grow.

After all, phrases like "You're fat" versus "You look very unhealthy, I recommend you intake more of these foods, try this workout, etc. I can help if you want, just hope you get into better shape for your health."

I think it has more to do with people who want to put down others, or people who just don't know how to phrase their words right.
    I think it goes back to the Beta struggle for the position in the system
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it goes back to the Beta struggle for the position in the system
    I get that, but simply just why do people feel the need to be the 'superior' person in the relationship? Usually I only see positions as something normal in a general impersonal sense, but not with someone you'd consider 'the love of your life.' For example, treating the elderly with great respect, as they are higher on the hierarchy of authority compared to a teen like me. I just don't understand the need to be "higher" than one's s/o at all.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I get that, but simply just why do people feel the need to be the 'superior' person in the relationship? Usually I only see positions as something normal in a general impersonal sense, but not with someone you'd consider 'the love of your life.' For example, treating the elderly with great respect, as they are higher on the hierarchy of authority compared to a teen like me. I just don't understand the need to be "higher" than one's s/o at all.
    Have you watched my video?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you watched my video?
    No, could you give me a link?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No, could you give me a link?
    https://youtu.be/YMAkzRoiDjg

I talk about Fi in my video. Fi being:

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...=1#post1557459
    -

TIM
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update, I guess my Fi is more vulnerable if anything.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Update, I guess my Fi is more vulnerable if anything.
    I was talking to someone today and tried to type her she seemed SEi or ESI and I listened to her words
    She said “which mother calls her daughter a B?!”
    Repeats things that others have done that have offended her so all Fi she’s ESI
    -

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's 1000 percent SLE after reading that. It actually hurt me to read lol poor EII guy, lowkey was conflicted reading the story because she sounded like she was an asshole to him but I'm glad it worked out. Sounded very SLE/EII type 9.

But yes I don't like SLE looking down at me because I don't work my ass off 24/7 leave me alone and let me relax in peace, life is already stressful enough I don't need my stress underlined by the critics on top of the stress.

I've met cool SLEs more recently and more butthole SLEs when I was younger. I went on a date with an SLE and she sounded pretty wreckless and that was the red flag deciding factor for me, ran away from home just cuz, called her mom stupid (even though she made similar decisions as her mom), wanted unemployable tats, "preparing" me for her daddy issues, all kinds of mess she sounded like and I could just feel the incompatibility as thick as ice between us, too impulsive, couldn't trust her. I also had an SLE friend in highschool who was a major dick, I was only friends with him because he was a bully and my strategy was to be on his side so he wouldn't come around to bullying me, I stopped being friends with him after following him got me arrested. I used to think SLE was the devil lol.

Met a cool SLE in college, both of us are computer artists and love to chop it up about new art software programs and now AI art, but the times we tried to collab on a project did not work, we in some weird way have complimentary strengths, he's resourceful knows how to use software and tools off the internet to cut work time in half, I'm imaginative can come up with interesting ideas for projects to work on and create compelling visuals, but the way we work ended up getting in each other's way, and a good portion of it came down to type relations.

Met cool SLEs at work, just cool sometimes cringe guys. Chill chad bro types. Only sometimes cringe because they could NOT admit defeat even when it's obvious lol. All this bravado can go overboard sometimes to the point where it's like "It's ok, relax, you lost, it's not the end of the world." Almost looks like a weakness to not admit one's weakness actually. Like is it gonna break you to admit you can lose in something? Maybe an insecurity, idk. Could use some self deprecation.

I'm good friends with an SLE now, and everything is smooth, but he's a huge Andrew Tate fan (of course) which I find cringe lol and he uses tons of absolute statements and hyperbole when he talks which just begs me to correct him lol. "This movie is the greatest movie of all time! No Movie is better! Name a better Movie!" and I'm like, bro... you don't even know every movie of all time to even make that kinda statement on top of the fact that there are tons of classic movies that are simply just better. He can never just say "I like this movie" no, it's gotta be "Objectively The BEST movie of ALL TIME.". Those big statements grind me gears for sure lol. But what I appreciate about him the most is that because of his Ti he is a very reasonable person, in disagreements or arguments he usually will explain himself in a way that just makes total sense and is very hard to argue against, I appreciate the reasoning instead of just trying to shut someone down and bulldoze them with an opinion, or have a louder voice.
    Last edited by Lord Pixel; 05-06-2023 at 12:21 AM.

TIM
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    She's 1000 percent SLE after reading that. It actually hurt me to read lol poor EII guy, lowkey was conflicted reading the story because she sounded like she was an asshole to him but I'm glad it worked out. Sounded very SLE/EII type 9.
    I admit I was an asshole, but also I had genuine issues that I had to get professional help for. I have been through too much shit, which makes you more fucked up. I sorta blamed it all on weakness, I did hate myself so I did also project. Now we are really close, he always knows how I feel, and is pretty attentive. He did inhabit some of my traits, but the more reasonable ones. He has helped me develop into a better person, but I also taught him not to take shit from other people To be honest, I stuck around him because I sort of saw him as the 'knight' that saved me from myself, which did reflect our relationship. I'd push him away when I needed company the most, him still sticking around did mentally comfort me to know someone would always be there for me. But I didn't want to burden him, I didn't want him to be around someone like me, so I still pushed him away at times. I learned a huge lesson, you don't always have to be alone, and that most of my pain was self inflicted.

Now I am able to realize how right he was all along, but also he was able to realize why it's important to be stubborn at times. I do regret dissecting him and using hurtful language towards him, and I do own up to my own fallout. Plus, he lost weight and did take on a sport, he didn't have to rely on so much medication anymore. Just I don't know why he thinks golf is so cool

After I broke up with my old partner due to my lack of trust in other people and their suspicious behavior, I did go on dates with him. He did agree that the ex was probably doing something behind my back. At this point, I have no idea where we stand, I guess he does. At this point, we don't even argue at all, which should be the norm. We just look for common ground and tell each other how we see things. I hope he is interested in me in that he genuinely does like me, not just that I might be a last resort since I don't see other people approaching him with interest.

He does share a lot of the same relation/sexual morals as me, so I think we do have a good foundation for a potential relationship. We also agree on the same views on gender role dynamics. Though people say that conflicts shouldn't be dating, we have moved past that conflict phase.

I figured he was Type 9, probably 9w1-6w5-2w1. Probably INFJ in mbti.

Though it's funny to see his reaction when I use the most inappropriate analogies and jokes, he just rolls his eyes and says "really? what will I ever do with you?" Which amuses me ngl, I can't help but have a shit-eating grin plaster my face. Though he does laugh and smile at them, not like he is genuinely digested by them.

Sometimes I head-but his chest, but I do the same thing to my dad or anyone I am extremely close to. After that became normal, he would tickle me, which I hate, but love because I get to see him interact with me physically.

Though I hate the time when he decided to squeeze my knee caps, that was just pure torture at it's finest. That was the first time I screamed, seeing him laugh made me calm down though.

I went on a date with an SLE and she sounded pretty wreckless and that was the red flag deciding factor for me, ran away from home just cuz, called her mom stupid (even though she made similar decisions as her mom), wanted unemployable tats, "preparing" me for her daddy issues, all kinds of mess she sounded like and I could just feel the incompatibility as thick as ice between us, too impulsive, couldn't trust her.
    Sure she is SLE? Pretty weird to see someone get so vulnerable so quickly. If I was you, I'd ghost her the moment she mentioned she had issues on a first date. She doesn't seem to realize that people date to find a partner that is competent, not for someone . She sounds like she has genuine issues, should have told her that. She sounds bi-polar to me

I also had an SLE friend in highschool who was a major dick, I was only friends with him because he was a bully and my strategy was to be on his side so he wouldn't come around to bullying me, I stopped being friends with him after following him got me arrested. I used to think SLE was the devil lol.
    That was smart, he definitely has issues. People like that often have extremely abusive households. For example, I was similar, but I went after people who took advantage of others generally, just my method wasn't very justified. But also I was also raised in an abusive household and taken advantage of as a kid a lot of the time.
    So really it's best to try to get those people to seek professional help or realize how incompetent they are being instead of calling them evil. Evil is a disease, and the vaccine is self-awareness and the will to break the cycle of abuse.
    Sadly this world has become nothing but individuals partaking in the series of compounding sins, seeking to inflict pain onto each other just for revenge and status.
    A SLE will only be likable as much as he/she is mature. Sometimes they only realize how badly they fuck up until it's too late.
    However, we are not responsible for fixing others, so if people continue to inflict pain onto themselves, sometimes all we can do is just watch.

I'm good friends with an SLE now, and everything is smooth, but he's a huge Andrew Tate fan (of course) which I find cringe lol and he uses tons of absolute statements and hyperbole when he talks which just begs me to correct him lol.
    Eh, Good thing you do correct him. That dude needs to realize that you shouldn't idealize anyone, I don't hate Tate, just he doesn't always give the best advice. But Tate converted into Islam, so I suspect Tate would have to make radical changes to his behavior.

"Objectively The BEST movie of ALL TIME."
    He is just exaggerating, I do the same thing sometimes. But I do reverse some words for when I mean something. I'd say he is just blinded by excitement, so just go along somewhat.
    Last edited by Muira; 05-05-2023 at 05:54 PM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What made you think he was EII instead of IEI?

TIM
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What made you think he was EII instead of IEI?
    He doesn't value se, he only uses it when convinced. Plus, he is the type of guy that will imagine every scenario for some reason, he only seems to want to be specific on what would likely happen under stress. While he doesn't really do much in a project, he gives a lot of helpful suggestions. He seems to be more orientated on bringing comfort to people in the group project than orientated on doing the work he doesn't like. Also, I would say he isn't very expressive, kind of cold but clingy sometimes.

These are not necessarily flaws, but just something that makes me think he is EII > IEI.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He doesn't value se, he only uses it when convinced. Plus, he is the type of guy that will imagine every scenario for some reason, he only seems to want to be specific on what would likely happen under stress. While he doesn't really do much in a project, he gives a lot of helpful suggestions. He seems to be more orientated on bringing comfort to people in the group project than orientated on doing the work he doesn't like. Also, I would say he isn't very expressive, kind of cold but clingy sometimes.

These are not necessarily flaws, but just something that makes me think he is EII > IEI.
    Yea kinda sounds EII ngl.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i had a friend who was EII but i dont talk to them now. they were nice but they kept not using Se til the last second and i felt slightly uneasy around them, i didnt know when id trigger their Fi. it caused me some level of stress, especially since we didnt have many common interests. I wonder if they thought the same about me but because of Fi, (and no Se) just let it go.

TIM
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anotherperson View Post
    i had a friend who was EII but i dont talk to them now. they were nice but they kept not using Se til the last second and i felt slightly uneasy around them, i didnt know when id trigger their Fi. it caused me some level of stress, especially since we didnt have many common interests. I wonder if they thought the same about me but because of Fi, (and no Se) just let it go.
    Indeed, it is pretty hard to navigate such relationships. Usually I just ask directly and constantly, and inform the person that I am not the best at reading between the lines. People only get along as much as their efforts to thoroughly communicate clearly with one another and establish a contract of truth and agreed upon boundaries.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed, it is pretty hard to navigate such relationships. Usually I just ask directly and constantly, and inform the person that I am not the best at reading between the lines. People only get along as much as their efforts to thoroughly communicate clearly with one another and establish a contract of truth and agreed upon boundaries.
    i did find it interesting that we didnt mutually agree to part ways. i just sort of cut them off with a vague and cryptic explanation. i guess the Ni told me something was gonna happen. makes me wonder if some conflictor relationships are more one sided

TIM
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i did find it interesting that we didnt mutually agree to part ways. i just sort of cut them off with a vague and cryptic explanation. i guess the Ni told me something was gonna happen. makes me wonder if some conflictor relationships are more one sided
    I can imagine when one person caters to their conflict, where they act as if they are their quasi identical, which puts strain on that person, and builds resentment towards their conflictor, thus ghosting them for the sake of preservation of one's mental health.

I think he would have been a bit lost, perhaps thinking fondly of you while you felt strained by that individual hearing from how you tapped into your more vulnerable functions to avoid conflict. Likely you put all the strain of the relationship on yourself I presume.

TIM
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was talking to someone today and tried to type her she seemed SEi or ESI and I listened to her words
    She said “which mother calls her daughter a B?!”
    Repeats things that others have done that have offended her so all Fi she’s ESI
    Why would anyone out of their right mind call their own daughter a bitch? I can understand such things offending someone because it doesn't sound right to call those close to you names, as family are the closest people one will have. One's self can insult others, but insulting one's own family without reasons like abuse isn't fair.

If a mother refers to her children with derogatory words, I can only imagine that they wouldn't be a competent parent that is likely inexperienced.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuoso View Post
    I can imagine when one person caters to their conflict, where they act as if they are their quasi identical, which puts strain on that person, and builds resentment towards their conflictor, thus ghosting them for the sake of preservation of one's mental health.

I think he would have been a bit lost, perhaps thinking fondly of you while you felt strained by that individual hearing from how you tapped into your more vulnerable functions to avoid conflict. Likely you put all the strain of the relationship on yourself I presume.
    yeah thats abvout it. i really tried to Fi but its so hard. i know they meant well but i couldnt keep the trapeze act going, i do feel stupid for trying to sociofy the issue, but i at the same time, ,its nice to have an explanation for what happened. like a cute teddy bear to cuddle.

TIM
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah thats abvout it. i really tried to Fi but its so hard. i know they meant well but i couldnt keep the trapeze act going, i do feel stupid for trying to sociofy the issue, but i at the same time, ,its nice to have an explanation for what happened. like a cute teddy bear to cuddle.
    I can agree, instead of cutting them off, perhaps you should have just not forced your use of Fi so much, but use it slowly by slowly, developing that function without draining yourself. In the meantime, use your Te and some Si to hopefully make the relationship more fulfilling. Them being EII, I think they are more than willing to hang more often around you once again, since it looks like you didn't end the friendship technically, rather just stopped talking, I would say it is appropriate to amend somehow. Perhaps invite them for a hike, talk about what they like, try to offer different perspectives and explain new things while being polite, etc. Introduce them to new hobbies that they would likely like, that you also enjoy.

We often try to push ourselves to do tasks or think in a certain way that can usually strain ourselves, as when we develop, our brains wire themselves to be able to deal with our own environments. Hence why people of one society has different values than another, different environments require adaptation, and that adaption often comes with adopting a mindset that can stick to people for most of their life.

Example:
    Like a neglected child, or a loner, it takes a lot of practice to make up for their lack of development of social skills during a younger age.

However, when shifting one's mindset or developing any skill like EQ, it still reflects the same way our bodies build muscle or develop combat skills. We practice a certain amount without straining ourselves, as straining oneself actually regresses a person's ability and willingness to commit to progress.

Even still, you don't have to relate to someone to be a good friend to them. Similar to my now boyfriend, which is EII, and the dude I basically scared shitless previously, we do have a lot in common in terms of interest, but it was also because I introduced a lot of things to him. What kept our relationship strong was my stubborn nature of just letting people go when I feel like I owe them something, or letting someone step on them. He did feel repulsed by me, so did I at first, but after a deep discussion and being honest with myself, things got much better. We also discussed boundaries, and what we expected of each other.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They probably were afraid you were gonna beat them up one day lol.

No but they probably tried their best to avoid any kind of confrontation with you because they thought it wouldn't go well for them.
    I had an SLE friend who I worked with projects on and I felt like I couldn't disagree with him on anything because he'd fight me tooth and nail and somethings I just didn't think were worth fighting tooth and nail over, but it wasn't fun for me to go along with whatever he said just because he wouldn't take no for an answer. That's what the subduing on this side looks like at least, ime. On top of feeling like any "weakness" shown is like blood in shark infested waters. I feel like I can't show any sign of feeling without being labeled "emo" lol.

My SLE friend now tho, we get along because we do have alot of the same interests despite there still being that feeling of subduing myself a little, but because of the similar interests the compromise is somewhat worth it and it's not as bad because his brother is his dual and my roommate is my dual so whenever we really wanna let our hair down there's no pressure to try to do that with each other. I mean I def feel like I can't say everything on my mind around him and I know he feels the same but it's civil and I do think we balance each other out because he does help me in an Se sense and I help his extremeness with some Fi perspective. For example, he's got me in the gym and helps me push myself and helped me lift weights I didn't think I could, taught me how to lose weight and build muscle, got me into sparring, learning about firearms, man shit. And he's had some opinions I thought were unfair and pointed out why and sometimes he takes a step back and agrees. Like he listened to Kevin Samuels alot and I pointed out that Kevin Samuels and alot of red pillers think it's totally ok for guys to cheat on girls because "guys don't get emotionally attached, women do and that affects their pair bonding and ability to keep a mate, so their cheating is worse." I didn't sit there and logically explain shit, cheating is fucking wrong, and he later admitted "Yea I mean that's not right bro". He's also white and I'm black and he was explaining to me that he thinks any black person who gets mad at a white person for saying the n-word is stupid because it's not a big deal anymore, now I wasn't mad at him for saying that I just thought it was a highly misinformed opinion and explained to him, once again not logically, but how insanely disrespectful that word is to a black person, and afterwards he agreed. And he's not stupid, just had extreme views.

And Se til the last second is so relatable to me it's not even funny, probably has been my number 1 flaw my whole life.

TIM
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't mind if I comment, not trying to seem like I am nit picky.

They probably were afraid you were gonna beat them up one day lol.

Perhaps, it depends on the context. SLE feel very uncomfortable around an environment or people that don't value and trash Se. Thus, it could have been a way for the friend trying to somewhat cater to him because they could sense that anotherperson was feeling very strained. After all, ano-person did say they were trying so hard to use Fi, likely catering to his EII friend while damaging his own mental health. Which if one party between two conflicts taps into their vulnerable functions to avoid conflict, the other party usually wouldn't have as much strain, and due to the unfairness of their effort to cater to each other, there arises some sort polarizing instinct in one of them at least. Ano-person also gave the context that they were the ones that sort of ended the friendship, which it wasn't mutually ended, so the EII friend would have likely been stunted or let down due to the sudden change.

No but they probably tried their best to avoid any kind of confrontation with you because they thought it wouldn't go well for them.
    I had an SLE friend who I worked with projects on and I felt like I couldn't disagree with him on anything because he'd fight me tooth and nail and somethings I just didn't think were worth fighting tooth and nail over, but it wasn't fun for me to go along with whatever he said just because he wouldn't take no for an answer. That's what the subduing on this side looks like at least, ime. On top of feeling like any "weakness" shown is like blood in shark infested waters. I feel like I can't show any sign of feeling without being labeled "emo" lol.
    That's a lack of confidence, sometimes you may have an irrational fear of someone. If they did have a reputation for being irrational, then I get it. Not every SLE is going to be violent, and usually if they are, it's for the same reasons for every other person, usually neglected as a child, abused, etc. Generally you can't fix broken people, you'll just get broken in the process as well.

Unnecessary violence is just a sign of someone who is heavily unstable, and the best way not to provoke them is to be insightful, and try to empathise or imagine what made them like that. Not trying to justify it, but hearing "You're a monster" versus "You aren't the best person, but you can change, Why are you like this?" really does change the likely reaction you'll get out of a SLE. SLE still can be reasoned with, even when they are angry, so saying perhaps saying something like "You getting angry over such a thing isn't worth it, why not enjoy the time here with me?" Also, limit the amount of interactions you have with them if you are scared of them, just every time they come by, wave and say Hi with a warm smile, that can be enough to make them like you a bit more.

Funny, because sometimes I get upset that when I wave Hi to others and they don't respond back, I assume that our friendship is not mutual, while my boyfriend always reminds me that they likely didn't see me or have the mental energy to react. I understand that, but it still hurts. Maybe I might be an attention whore. After all, I just like tight hugs and just getting close to some people I like.

My SLE friend now tho, we get along because we do have alot of the same interests despite there still being that feeling of subduing myself a little, but because of the similar interests the compromise is somewhat worth it and it's not as bad because his brother is his dual and my roommate is my dual so whenever we really wanna let our hair down there's no pressure to try to do that with each other. I mean I def feel like I can't say everything on my mind around him and I know he feels the same but it's civil and I do think we balance each other out because he does help me in an Se sense and I help his extremeness with some Fi perspective. For example, he's got me in the gym and helps me push myself and helped me lift weights I didn't think I could, taught me how to lose weight and build muscle, got me into sparring, learning about firearms, man shit. And he's had some opinions I thought were unfair and pointed out why and sometimes he takes a step back and agrees.
    That's good. Progress.

Like he listened to Kevin Samuels alot and I pointed out that Kevin Samuels and alot of red pillers think it's totally ok for guys to cheat on girls because "guys don't get emotionally attached, women do and that affects their pair bonding and ability to keep a mate, so their cheating is worse." I didn't sit there and logically explain shit, cheating is fucking wrong, and he later admitted "Yea I mean that's not right bro". He's also white and I'm black and he was explaining to me that he thinks any black person who gets mad at a white person for saying the n-word is stupid because it's not a big deal anymore, now I wasn't mad at him for saying that I just thought it was a highly misinformed opinion and explained to him, once again not logically, but how insanely disrespectful that word is to a black person, and afterwards he agreed. And he's not stupid, just had extreme views.
    That's what you call a retard, a red pilled man. After Andrew Tate and even Sneako converted into Islam, they did talk about how having intercourse out of marriage is even wrong for guys, and have completely changed. Red Pillers are just a bunch of insecure guys attempting to mimic Andrew Tate. It's a no brainier that cheating is wrong, regardless of consequences, it's still deception. Though, that's his personal beliefs, as long as he isn't doing anything illegal, then whatever.

Also, saying slurs are generally not cool, towards anyone, it's basic social etiquette. Informally I would refer to my specific close friends(ESE, EIE, IEI(I refuse to insult IEI)) with offensive words, which we do refer to each other with insults mutually as a joke, and we agreed on it in the first place, and we do say slurs that apply to ourselves. Even still, we don't do it towards anyone else or publicly. However, to say it with the intention of actually being a douche isn't acceptable.

And Se til the last second is so relatable to me it's not even funny, probably has been my number 1 flaw my whole life.
    I'm the opposite, I use Fi last minute, or reflect with Fi on random stuff I did years ago. Good thing I have a boyfriend that lectures me on how to be a better person and how to stop being so impulsive. In the end, I ended up loving him, and I put him in that position of being someone I can trust and watch over me, even though that might sound a little sexist. Now that he is much healthier and has changed dramatically, he is probably stronger than me, so I can't help but take a more subordinate position. I truly love him, even though he expresses his love through words and gifts, and I do it more physically and acts of service. I just think words should be used when you truly mean something, and it should match your actions. Someone saying the same thing sparingly makes me doubt their integrity.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Def did not seem nitpicky, the response was a good read actually.

Perhaps, it depends on the context. SLE feel very uncomfortable around an environment or people that don't value and trash Se. Thus, it could have been a way for the friend trying to somewhat cater to him because they could sense that anotherperson was feeling very strained. After all, ano-person did say they were trying so hard to use Fi, likely catering to his EII friend while damaging his own mental health. Which if one party between two conflicts taps into their vulnerable functions to avoid conflict, the other party usually wouldn't have as much strain, and due to the unfairness of their effort to cater to each other, there arises some sort polarizing instinct in one of them at least. Ano-person also gave the context that they were the ones that sort of ended the friendship, which it wasn't mutually ended, so the EII friend would have likely been stunted or let down due to the sudden change.
    Yea I agree I don't think either person should be trying to compromise so much they psychologically strain themselves.

That's a lack of confidence, sometimes you may have an irrational fear of someone. If they did have a reputation for being irrational, then I get it. Not every SLE is going to be violent, and usually if they are, it's for the same reasons for every other person, usually neglected as a child, abused, etc. Generally you can't fix broken people, you'll just get broken in the process as well.

Unnecessary violence is just a sign of someone who is heavily unstable, and the best way not to provoke them is to be insightful, and try to empathise or imagine what made them like that. Not trying to justify it, but hearing "You're a monster" versus "You aren't the best person, but you can change, Why are you like this?" really does change the likely reaction you'll get out of a SLE. SLE still can be reasoned with, even when they are angry, so saying perhaps saying something like "You getting angry over such a thing isn't worth it, why not enjoy the time here with me?" Also, limit the amount of interactions you have with them if you are scared of them, just every time they come by, wave and say Hi with a warm smile, that can be enough to make them like you a bit more.

Funny, because sometimes I get upset that when I wave Hi to others and they don't respond back, I assume that our friendship is not mutual, while my boyfriend always reminds me that they likely didn't see me or have the mental energy to react. I understand that, but it still hurts. Maybe I might be an attention whore. After all, I just like tight hugs and just getting close to some people I like.
    it's not always about someone being violent tho, more like stubborn, You can't get a point across if someone isn't gonna listen and talk over you.

And that doesn't sound like you being an attentionwhore, I think anybody would feel bad if they go out of their way to say Hi to someone and get no response. I think attentionwhore is more when you take attention away from other people and keep it for yourself.

And ngl, I may be EII but I like tight hugs.

That's what you call a retard, a red pilled man. After Andrew Tate and even Sneako converted into Islam, they did talk about how having intercourse out of marriage is even wrong for guys, and have completely changed. Red Pillers are just a bunch of insecure guys attempting to mimic Andrew Tate. It's a no brainier that cheating is wrong, regardless of consequences, it's still deception. Though, that's his personal beliefs, as long as he isn't doing anything illegal, then whatever.
    Nah he's not retarded, I can even understand why he believes in some red pill things, I just think he wasn't seeing some of the unfairness in it. And I didn't know sneako converted to Islam too.

I'm the opposite, I use Fi last minute, or reflect with Fi on random stuff I did years ago. Good thing I have a boyfriend that lectures me on how to be a better person and how to stop being so impulsive. In the end, I ended up loving him, and I put him in that position of being someone I can trust and watch over me, even though that might sound a little sexist. Now that he is much healthier and has changed dramatically, he is probably stronger than me, so I can't help but take a more subordinate position. I truly love him, even though he expresses his love through words and gifts, and I do it more physically and acts of service. I just think words should be used when you truly mean something, and it should match your actions. Someone saying the same thing sparingly makes me doubt their integrity.
    amazing, just amazing.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's good. Progress.

Also, saying slurs are generally not cool, towards anyone, it's basic social etiquette. Informally I would refer to my specific close friends(ESE, EIE, IEI(I refuse to insult IEI)) with offensive words, which we do refer to each other with insults mutually as a joke, and we agreed on it in the first place, and we do say slurs that apply to ourselves. Even still, we don't do it towards anyone else or publicly. However, to say it with the intention of actually being a douche isn't acceptable.

im not swure if this is the right message to reply to, but i shouldve probalby mentioned this friendship was on-line only. the reason i even brought it up as valid was because it had gone on for 4 years or so. but this is the third time i left. maybe it wasnt Ni anything and i just finally figured out maybe i shouldve stayed gone the first time. I dont use Fi last minute, i try to use it together with Ti, but generally it doesnt work out well. also i am unsure how but some people ive met actually tell me i dont let loose enough and am "too moralistic". i dont know how a literal SLE can be too moralistic but whatever. they tried to get me to think that cyberbullying is okay, which i dont think you need to be Fi valueing to know thats wrong. Or perhaps they were Fi types with a somewhat skewed perception of right and wrong. I never followed peopple like Tate like your SLE friend though. the most offencive thing i usually do isnt stereotypical stuff like that, usually its giving unsolicited and bad advice. I try to use Ni in situations where people want Fi, so i come across as out of touch, stupid, or maybe even charlatan. granted, im also diagnosed autistic and some kind of undiagnosed psychosis is in there somewhere (leaning toards schizophrenia) so thinking about other poeple is pretty hard for me, or sometimes even thinking at all. i try to mean well but its hard for me to think before i speak, so ive become acussomted to withdrawing or saying "sorry" a lot. to be SLE i can be a bit docile or submissive, because i dont know how else to get people to trust me. but i often find embarassment trying to work with other people, usually my ideas are not valued too well. it is true that i feel uncomfortable around people really often, and its the other way around too. I guess the Se and lack of apparent critical thinking makes me look obnoxious. in that relationship, i felt like I was trying hard to Fi, but when i tried to get the other person to Se, there was a lot of pushback, even after they repeatedly got taken advantage of. this repeating cycle caused me to feel resentment, but also contempt. I left to keep my sanity in tact but also to keep from Se-ing too hard and causing them frustration too. i never felt like i wanted to beat them up, (except for mutual banter between us), i didn't really feel mad at them but mostly confused and alienated. in fact, i have much more often fears of being beat up myself (maybe its the schizo?), and i feel too weak to defend myself; i get into "one vs many" situations more often than can be explained by chance. i wouldn't call myself "peace-loving", but i know better than to get violent for no reason.

(also, idk if its relevent, but both of our pronouns are they/them )

TIM
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im not swure if this is the right message to reply to, but i shouldve probalby mentioned this friendship was on-line only. the reason i even brought it up as valid was because it had gone on for 4 years or so.
    I see.

but this is the third time i left. maybe it wasnt Ni anything and i just finally figured out maybe i shouldve stayed gone the first time. I dont use Fi last minute, i try to use it together with Ti, but generally it doesnt work out well. also i am unsure how but some people ive met actually tell me i dont let loose enough and am "too moralistic". i dont know how a literal SLE can be too moralistic but whatever. they tried to get me to think that cyberbullying is okay, which i dont think you need to be Fi valueing to know thats wrong.
    I mean they are opposite functions. Socionic aside, it is possible to be logically empathetic. Making the best logical choice for both of you guys. Socionic doesn't always equate with being conventionally moral. SLE may have a stricter and looser moral compass compared to everyone else, but they are pretty flexible, and their moral compass is out of principle and logical conclusions.

Ti: Theft is bad because it requires sabotaging someone else, who will likely report me. Also, they will likely suffer, thus may steal themselves, and without rules and regulation, society becomes chaotic. Thus, stealing could be worse for everyone in the long run? There is no justification for an action unless in extreme desperation.

Fi: Theft is wrong because it isn't fair, it's evil, it doesn't feel right. Why would I want to hurt someone who has never wronged me? Let alone do something unjustifiable.

They are very similar sometimes. But also very different. That is why logic and emotions can often overlap in reality, so, I think there would be more than just Ti vs Fi, maybe Ri? Being rational, equally taking both emotional judgement and logical judgement into consideration.

Even if you aren't Fi polar, you still show you value Fi, so do I. At times like this, pseudo science like socionics don't cover the pure psyche of people, which is flexible. Measuring something flexible with an inflexible system is a huge mistake.

Or perhaps they were Fi types with a somewhat skewed perception of right and wrong. I never followed peopple like Tate like your SLE friend though. the most offencive thing i usually do isnt stereotypical stuff like that, usually its giving unsolicited and bad advice. I try to use Ni in situations where people want Fi, so i come across as out of touch, stupid, or maybe even charlatan. granted, im also diagnosed autistic and some kind of undiagnosed psychosis is in there somewhere (leaning toards schizophrenia) so thinking about other poeple is pretty hard for me, or sometimes even thinking at all. i try to mean well but its hard for me to think before i speak, so ive become acussomted to withdrawing or saying "sorry" a lot.
    Bad advice? That's not always offensive. Even if no one asked for it, that isn't rude. In the end, people are like us, the only thing that separates us is our bodies and the memories that it holds. Social navigation can be tricky, I recommend hanging out with people who are like you.

to be SLE i can be a bit docile or submissive, because i dont know how else to get people to trust me. but i often find embarassment trying to work with other people, usually my ideas are not valued too well. it is true that i feel uncomfortable around people really often, and its the other way around too. I guess the Se and lack of apparent critical thinking makes me look obnoxious. in that relationship, i felt like I was trying hard to Fi, but when i tried to get the other person to Se, there was a lot of pushback, even after they repeatedly got taken advantage of. this repeating cycle caused me to feel resentment, but also contempt. I left to keep my sanity in tact but also to keep from Se-ing too hard and causing them frustration too.
    I don't think you are submissive, and Se isn't a lack of critical thinking. I think you just do better when you have free time alone to think about things, to be able to think for yourself without having to be in an environment that is fast. That's what I like to do, I tend to generate much better ideas when I am alone and in a quite room.

i never felt like i wanted to beat them up, (except for mutual banter between us), i didn't really feel mad at them but mostly confused and alienated. in fact, i have much more often fears of being beat up myself (maybe its the schizo?), and i feel too weak to defend myself; i get into "one vs many" situations more often than can be explained by chance. i wouldn't call myself "peace-loving", but i know better than to get violent for no reason.
    I can understand that, that just means you are a reasonable person.

(also, idk if its relevent, but both of our pronouns are they/them )
    I see, you want full anonymity.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see.

I mean they are opposite functions. Socionic aside, it is possible to be logically empathetic. Making the best logical choice for both of you guys. Socionic doesn't always equate with being conventionally moral. SLE may have a stricter and looser moral compass compared to everyone else, but they are pretty flexible, and their moral compass is out of principle and logical conclusions.

Ti: Theft is bad because it requires sabotaging someone else, who will likely report me. Also, they will likely suffer, thus may steal themselves, and without rules and regulation, society becomes chaotic. Thus, stealing could be worse for everyone in the long run? There is no justification for an action unless in extreme desperation.

Fi: Theft is wrong because it isn't fair, it's evil, it doesn't feel right. Why would I want to hurt someone who has never wronged me? Let alone do something unjustifiable.

They are very similar sometimes. But also very different. That is why logic and emotions can often overlap in reality, so, I think there would be more than just Ti vs Fi, maybe Ri? Being rational, equally taking both emotional judgement and logical judgement into consideration.

Even if you aren't Fi polar, you still show you value Fi, so do I. At times like this, pseudo science like socionics don't cover the pure psyche of people, which is flexible. Measuring something flexible with an inflexible system is a huge mistake.

Bad advice? That's not always offensive. Even if no one asked for it, that isn't rude. In the end, people are like us, the only thing that separates us is our bodies and the memories that it holds. Social navigation can be tricky, I recommend hanging out with people who are like you.

I don't think you are submissive, and Se isn't a lack of critical thinking. I think you just do better when you have free time alone to think about things, to be able to think for yourself without having to be in an environment that is fast. That's what I like to do, I tend to generate much better ideas when I am alone and in a quite room.

I can understand that, that just means you are a reasonable person.

I see, you want full anonymity.
    (sorry i am unwell, not up to multiquote)

i guess personality system can be dangerous when they dont define things clearly. Ti is just as concerned about fairness as Fi, maybe the lack of morals is a stereotype (i wouldnt be surprised if it was inspired by MBTI's ESTP jock stereotype). but i still think its pretty werid that a type that doesnt understnad morals too well hasw to be the one to step in to stop cyberbullying and the like. even though its my POLR, i still think Fi has some use. its just hard for me to make it make sense, ands for people who just get it, i am nervous theyll paint me as the villain (could be the psychosis tho). youre two examples, i agree with both, althohgh Ti more readily made sense (obviously)

the reaosn my bad advice is aseen as offencie evedn though i mean well, is because its often comically outlandish advice, but for me it makes perfect sense. ITs the sloppy use of Ni, im the type that beleives in ghosts, and time travel and parllel universes etc. but because its so low im not actually any good at it. thats where the sort of charlatan character comes from.

i guess any type has the ability to think critically. thats my fault for assuming you had to be Te valueing. but i assumed to think critically you have to think slowly. but i usually think way too fast, (unless im ruminating in Ni weorld). it could be the holographic trhinking too, i usuaklly consider consequcnes so far removed, other people see them as ireelevant (and then i become a quick scapegoat). i said i was submissive because i usually try to may myself useful to others, also, im not particularly self confident. i kinda look like conflictor even, although i know im not since i am much more easy t rouse. (and i am Ni valuing).

about the pronouns, its not for anonymity. were just both blatantly queer.

TIM
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(sorry i am unwell, not up to multiquote)

i guess personality system can be dangerous when they dont define things clearly. Ti is just as concerned about fairness as Fi, maybe the lack of morals is a stereotype (i wouldnt be surprised if it was inspired by MBTI's ESTP jock stereotype). but i still think its pretty werid that a type that doesnt understnad morals too well hasw to be the one to step in to stop cyberbullying and the like. even though its my POLR, i still think Fi has some use. its just hard for me to make it make sense, ands for people who just get it, i am nervous theyll paint me as the villain (could be the psychosis tho). youre two examples, i agree with both, althohgh Ti more readily made sense (obviously)

the reaosn my bad advice is aseen as offencie evedn though i mean well, is because its often comically outlandish advice, but for me it makes perfect sense. ITs the sloppy use of Ni, im the type that beleives in ghosts, and time travel and parllel universes etc. but because its so low im not actually any good at it. thats where the sort of charlatan character comes from.

i guess any type has the ability to think critically. thats my fault for assuming you had to be Te valueing. but i assumed to think critically you have to think slowly. but i usually think way too fast, (unless im ruminating in Ni weorld). it could be the holographic trhinking too, i usuaklly consider consequcnes so far removed, other people see them as ireelevant (and then i become a quick scapegoat). i said i was submissive because i usually try to may myself useful to others, also, im not particularly self confident. i kinda look like conflictor even, although i know im not since i am much more easy t rouse. (and i am Ni valuing).

about the pronouns, its not for anonymity. were just both blatantly queer.
    Lol, well why be so afraid, just cut to the chase. If you constantly worry about what they think, you'll never approach them. Just be direct but not rude. Be laid back and guide people.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, well why be so afraid, just cut to the chase. If you constantly worry about what they think, you'll never approach them. Just be direct but not rude. Be laid back and guide people.
    im working on being less timid. but it will take time. i have organic issues w/ communication. that is where its not as simple as it should be. but i have shifted from "what do they think" to "what will they do". that is the problem i will address with more knowledge and experrience. but im only at the first step.

TIM
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im working on being less timid. but it will take time. i have organic issues w/ communication. that is where its not as simple as it should be. but i have shifted from "what do they think" to "what will they do". that is the problem i will address with more knowledge and experrience. but im only at the first step.

Face it head first, who cares, people come and go as they please and the most you'll have to do is make new friends. It's a learning process.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only sometimes cringe because they could NOT admit defeat even when it's obvious lol. All this bravado can go overboard sometimes to the point where it's like "It's ok, relax, you lost, it's not the end of the world." Almost looks like a weakness to not admit one's weakness actually. Like is it gonna break you to admit you can lose in something? Maybe an insecurity, idk. Could use some self deprecation.
    Now imagine them doing this at 36-40-45 years old? Its like....wow.

I'm good friends with an SLE now, and everything is smooth, but he's a huge Andrew Tate fan (of course) which I find cringe lol and he uses tons of absolute statements and hyperbole when he talks which just begs me to correct him lol. "This movie is the greatest movie of all time! No Movie is better! Name a better Movie!" and I'm like, bro... you don't even know every movie of all time to even make that kinda statement on top of the fact that there are tons of classic movies that are simply just better. He can never just say "I like this movie" no, it's gotta be "Objectively The BEST movie of ALL TIME.". Those big statements grind me gears for sure lol. But what I appreciate about him the most is that because of his Ti he is a very reasonable person, in disagreements or arguments he usually will explain himself in a way that just makes total sense and is very hard to argue against, I appreciate the reasoning instead of just trying to shut someone down and bulldoze them with an opinion, or have a louder voice.
    I see you have met SLEs hyperbole. The Se types are more insular though.

TIM
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched it again, some parts made me iffy, some parts were relatable.

>Personally I was socially isolated as well as a kid, I never got the chance really to make any friends as a kid. So when I made friends I often did acts of service, someone I'd get stepped on, which eventually lead to me feeling inferior or not respected, so the I kind of just did a 180 flip in personality during puberty, which for reasons you'd understand.

>Haha, I relate, I love strawberries as well. I used to sneak in the middle of the night to steal fruits to munch on. I did lack some restraint and often ate more than half the container sometimes

>I loved the spring too, until I got stung by a bee, multiple times.

>I like art, languages, debating on topics, looking for inconsistent reasoning, questioning everything, experiencing things to some degree.

>As a kid, I was silent and kept to myself out of fear, I did have a lot of unresolved suppressed emotions that do make me flare up when I am reminded of them. Which I tend to isolate myself so I can express my emotions as I don't really know how to convey how I feel.

Ex: I could criticize someone, saying something offensive, but I did it because I see it as being honest to someone. They might think I'm insensitive, but I just want whats better for them, and I don't want them overestimating themselves. I can come off as rude or cold even if I love the person to death sometimes. However, I rarely say "I love you," I prefer action, and saying it constantly makes it lose its meaning really.

>I do dislike the mistreatment of anyone, unless it was earned. I get joking around, and I do it with the friends I know won't get offended, but I feel uncomfortable when it feels one sided.

>I hate how people litter around. It's a pain to have to clean up every time.

> I dislike people who don't stand up for what they believe in, I dislike manipulative people as I can be prone to that. I also dislike myself sometimes. Otherwise, I don't know much, I just figure out what I like and dislike by experience.

>I tend to have a very blurry self image of myself. I got a headache trying to figure out what I like, but I'm trying.

>I love my father, boyfriend, and close best friend. My dad is probably a ESI, or LIE, I don't know, he has so many aspects to him. My boyfriend seems to be EII, we tend to disagree sometimes, but I know he means well and he is trustworthy, a little annoying sometimes. My best friend is complex, he really likes to draw, story telling, music, and school.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345