Thread: Integral types and quadra of major corporations

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Integral types and quadra of major corporations

I'm interested in compiling a list of the major players in the world and seeing what quadra or type seems to be the integral player in their organization.
    Since corporations in general seem to lend towards gamma LIE, non-profits, government entities (like the FBI as ESI etc) and non legal entities should also be included.

I'm looking for companies that any one of us could potentially work for.
    Some may say its folly ( and i think you'd be wrong, basically this leans on socionics being a decent expirimental model which I think it is) but I think general trends could be helpful in establishing your type and quadra member preferences in the real world.

It's been discussed a little before, at least overall governments but more information would be appreciated for recognizing niche places for us to function.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Google seems like an Alpha company, or at least it did initially. Perhaps ILE, due to the emphasis on seeking new information. I think since going public, though, they've started to lose some of the Alpha-ness.

I would say Twitter seems pretty Alpha as well, as far as the image they project -- ESE, maybe, due to the emphasis on social contact with large groups of people. If I recall correctly, I typed the founder of Twitter as LII.

I would expect that, early on, the personality of the company's founder(s) would have a major impact on the integral type of the company. Once the company goes public, and the emphasis shifts purely to making money for the shareholders, I expect most companies would shift towards LIE.

Ooh, Apple seems like a good example of an EIE company, right down to the creepy cult-like following.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Googles founder are typed as LIE and ILI by rick.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ooh, Apple seems like a good example of an EIE company, right down to the creepy cult-like following.
    Created by Steve Jobs (ENFj) in His divine image.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jughead View Post
    Googles founder are typed as LIE and ILI by rick.
    True. I remember watching an interview of them and agreeing with that assessment. I should go back and reassess that, to see if I still agree.
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the government: delta

non profits: gamma

the police: beta-gamma

artists: alpha-beta

researchers: alpha

just playing i guess....pretty general.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pixar is an alpha company!

Google is run by gammas masquerading as alphas.

Microsoft is run by deltas pretending to be alphas.

Sony's games division comes off beta to me.

Nintendo, on the other hand, is hella alpha. Shigeru Miyamoto is like an archetypal alpha.

Surprising number of alpha companies. I mean, alpha companies makes sense for technology, I suppose.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ivy League Universities like Harvard => Se mostly. Lots of Fi too.

Creepy-male

Nintendo is why it's good to be Alpha. Which I think raises the point that Epic Games is Gamma. Focus on technological development, making an impact with graphical presentation; dark and gritty games (Gears of War: now with over 30 thousand variations of *grey!*), total lack of understanding of Nintendo appeal by one of them Epic Games types (Pfft! Stupid Wii has crappy hardware! Why would anyone want to play on one??? (<- because the games are instantly accessible, bright, colourful, and fun. You know what fun means?)).

Though, um, companies that we could wind up working for... CSIRO as LSE perhaps? The uni I go to is definitely LSE though. The research focus is on "practical stuff", Fi values with respect to community, student wellbeing, etc abound, "easy entrance" philosophy that sees a large intake from international/disadvantaged sources, numerous scholarship options, etc, etc. So maybe not LSE so much as undeniably Delta + "Te is researching things! And science!"

Funcom is Alpha. Intense experimentalism with game systems (Early in the release of Age of Conan, hell, Age of Conan period; EVE Online, Anarchy Online (also notice the scifi theme, as opposed to the predominant fantasy flavour that most MMOs seem to take)) that could be neatly summed up as "Funcom doesn't do things the same as anyone else". I almost feel like saying Fi PoLR because AoC had this really weird attitude of "Hey screw you customers, you're our beta testers."

The WoW team are tougher. Definitely less experimental than Funcom, and more of a focus on what seems like actual "development". I may retract this in the course of watching the Cataclysm beta and seeing how many backflips they pull But I see simple, powerful ideas to stay focused on, dedication to producing an excellent end product; so LIE. Definitely the Google of Game Design.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    the police: beta-gamma
    yeah well, mostly estp-istj-isfj tho. I personally hate policemen.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    yeah well, mostly estp-istj-isfj tho. I personally hate policemen.
    Speaking on Police officers, there are several different organizations in Spain. Local Police cares mostly about traffic jams and such. Its members are usually beta (LSI>SLE). National Police takes care of more serious issues. Most officers are delta ST (LSE>SLI) in this case.
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Speaking on Police officers, there are several different organizations in Spain. Local Police cares mostly about traffic jams and such. Its members are usually beta (LSI>SLE). National Police takes care of more serious issues. Most officers are delta ST (LSE>SLI) in this case.
    This reminds me of an LSE drugs cop I know, he's one of those plain clothed supercop types, showing off his stab wound and talking about big arrests etc.

Most of his friends use various drugs on a casual basis, he never asks where you get them and he's generally pretty cool - He says it's none of his business and he doesn't really care about small time dealers.

Once he walked into the living room at a party I was at where everyone was smoking weed, he told everyone that they were under arrest before laughing, telling everyone he was joking and that he wasn't going to go back in the room and that as long as he didn't see anything anywhere else he was cool.

As long as people don't take the piss he places his friendships above being overly anal about doing his job when he's off duty. I like the guy.
    IEE-Ne

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apple and Steve Jobs are both Beta-er than Herzy's left nut.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why the sudden remark on an old thread? Give a bigger comment please.