Hybrid View

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracefully View Post
    Throughout my life, I noticed that I have the ability to make people trust me with their innermost secrets, even after a week of meeting them. This has helped me with my self-growth, hearing from people the experiences they have gone through and understanding where they are coming from. Just be wary that with the power of Fi, there comes some responsibilities. I noticed that guy friends who have bared their soul with me and trusted me with their problems, and such, tend to like me romantically after wards.

Fi, being my base function, has helped me tremendously in many ways. It makes me fully aware of my feelings about myself, and how other people are feeling as well, and often why they feel that way. I can pinpoint exactly what is bothering 99% of the time having this high self-awareness. With this in mind, I then avoid the people who make me feel "uneasy."

The ability to give genuine compliments, see the good in others also is Fi.
    This is why I get so emotional when people don't see the real me and see what they perceive as a person in their own imagination, who can often be that person who left a scar in them. There are a lot of hurt people who can't get past their past issues and see every new person as a new and unique experience.

At work, I have encountered people who initially did not like me, after noticing what they do best and giving them genuine compliments (or gifts) at appropriate times, they end up liking me. There is always something good in each person. When this is brought out in the open and recognized, their heart soften and feelings change for the better.
    I often see those in people who don't see it in themselve.

For me, Fi is the ability to gain trust, ability to appreciate others, and the ability to understand the feelings of oneself and the feelings of others.

How has Fi helped you in ways?
    Me too, I really can do this with ease. It's because people can trust me. Gaining and keeping trust is very important to me; it's all apart of Fi and proper maintanance of relationships.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 07-10-2010 at 07:32 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html