Thread: Ne PoLR

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ne PoLR

Let's go on with the PoLR series. This seems to help people with typing.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People with Ne PoLR run in fear of all things.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Clearance level: 10 (9 is maximum) Fermi's Avatar
    TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it one of those persons that when you try them to do something new they go " NOOOO! I DONT WANNA! "

in that case they all can go to hell!

except ISTj!!
    is like a wet kiss on the cheek and a warm hug by a cute smiling girl.
    is the confetti shots on your birthday party with all your friends.
    is a way to completely rip apart the face of god and stare directly at the naked universe.
    is like over here and then over there and they are all connected and I am on amphetamine.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Superman
    In that case they all can go to hell!

except ISTj!!
    They'd be the first to ship off in my book ...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ne PoLR

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousSoul
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariano Rajoy
    ok. lets say i am istj. hit my Ne polr. and i really didn't have a reaction to the pic posted by rocky.
    I think the trouble is that we do not actually have any real life examples of how Ne as PoLR would actually manifest. If you have Ne as place of least resistance it woud not be an obvious thing to notice, everyone thinks they can see a lot of options, but if you do not know what you are missing - perhaps one would only occasionally notice how some people like to come up with lot of irrelevancies and non-sequiturs...
    I am thinking of the Ne types on this forum... Polly, Blaze, Kim, Diana, CuriousSoul, MysticSonic, pedro the lion, Jimmy, Nicky, etc... none of them come up with a lot of non-sequiturs. In fact, this is a quality which Kim criticizes in others.
    SEE

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuzzy tree walrus.

Creepy-Diana

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    spoon red carrot
    That didn't work on me.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm curious as to what "Wii" is, but I'm a bit afraid to ask . . .
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Creepy-Diana

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    spoon red carrot
    That didn't work on me.
    work?
    With the numbers and the colors and the shapes.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky
    I'm curious as to what "Wii" is, but I'm a bit afraid to ask . . .
    Google.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh. I didn't have to be afraid of that
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Re: Ne PoLR

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    In fact, this is a quality which Kim criticizes in others.
    I do?
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, though perhaps "criticize" is too strong a word
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Ne PoLR

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousSoul
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariano Rajoy
    ok. lets say i am istj. hit my Ne polr. and i really didn't have a reaction to the pic posted by rocky.
    I think the trouble is that we do not actually have any real life examples of how Ne as PoLR would actually manifest. If you have Ne as place of least resistance it woud not be an obvious thing to notice, everyone thinks they can see a lot of options, but if you do not know what you are missing - perhaps one would only occasionally notice how some people like to come up with lot of irrelevancies and non-sequiturs...
    I am thinking of the Ne types on this forum... Polly, Blaze, Kim, Diana, CuriousSoul, MysticSonic, pedro the lion, Jimmy, Nicky, etc... none of them come up with a lot of non-sequiturs. In fact, this is a quality which Kim criticizes in others.
    Errr

He said that Ne-PoLR = non-sequiturs

NOT that Ne ego = non-sequiturs
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

erhmmm... doesn't this quality have to do with a lack of JUDGMENT as oppsed to an Ne PoLR?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    erhmmm... doesn't this quality have to do with a lack of JUDGMENT as oppsed to an Ne PoLR?
    Nope

it's exactly what Jung referred to when in the description of the unhealthy Fi type he was talking about the fact-twisting
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

yes, though perhaps "criticize" is too strong a word
    Elaborate?
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Nope

it's exactly what Jung referred to when in the description of the unhealthy Fi type he was talking about the fact-twisting
    ... then possibaly it's a lack of logical judgment, because I can't see any TJ type (especially) making jumps like that (an extreme "EP" ENTP would be more likely though).
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was saying that some people seem to equate non-sequiturs with a Ne ego, when in fact this is not the case. non-sequiturs are more indicative of a Ne PoLR.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know, but I'm just saying that I still disagree with you, Ms. ISTJ. :/
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol sorry rocky, my response was to FDG

I do disagree with you about this though, to some extent. what do you mean by "jumps like that"?
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Illogical lapses in sequential judgment.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose there are many things that can cause this
    SEE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Mum and a cousin both have a Ne PoLR, and I notice non sequiturs in them mainly when they're talking about future possibilities. They see one bad thing in the present and they simply think it's going to get worse and worse until it all blows right up in our faces.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

see the thing is, my mom and dad both do that, my mom more so, and she's supposed to be an INTp *scratches head*
    SEE

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat
    My Mum and a cousin both have a Ne PoLR, and I notice non sequiturs in them mainly when they're talking about future possibilities. They see one bad thing in the present and they simply think it's going to get worse and worse until it all blows right up in our faces.
    Yes, I have seen that too in ISTjs and ISFjs.

But I wonder if it's not related to their too? They seem to be terrified of something that may happen in 6 month as if it was happening now already. So in order to deal with it now, they often make if worse.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my parents, especially my mom, are always asking what if questions about the most ridiculous things that are extremely unlikely, until I finally say something like "I don't know mom. What if a cow fell out of the sky and landed on your head?!"
    SEE

Creepy-pokeball

my parents, especially my mom, are always asking what if questions about the most ridiculous things that are extremely unlikely, until I finally say something like "I don't know mom. What if a cow fell out of the sky and landed on your head?!"
    It would hit so fast that one would here a loud thud followed by a massive release of gas

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat

But I wonder if it's not related to their too? They seem to be terrified of something that may happen in 6 month as if it was happening now already. So in order to deal with it now, they often make if worse.
    Could be related to , no idea. All I can say is that it's something they do and I don't, so my first guess was that it was their PoLR. Anyway, the contrast is amazing: they're so together and realistic in the here and now, but future possibilities turn them into little orphans in a big black wood full of ghosties and ghoulies and long-leggedy beasties.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat

Could be related to , no idea. All I can say is that it's something they do and I don't, so my first guess was that it was their PoLR. Anyway, the contrast is amazing: they're so together and realistic in the here and now, but future possibilities turn them into little orphans in a big black wood full of ghosties and ghoulies and long-leggedy beasties.
    I knew a group of women like this in NY. They would sit around the livingroom and scare each other to death about the dangers that awaited them. I told them to stop looking at the news because they were getting too freaked out. They resisited. So I suggested they take a vacation, get aways and visit some family down south. The response-- "Cant. Afraid to fly". How about a cruise then?. The response--" No way. Scared of sharks " How about a train? --- "UH UHn, nope, Didnt you hear about that train in Louisiana that went off the tracks and fell into the swamp and the aligators got some of the people"
    These women lived in the most dangerous part of Brooklyn which at the time was the murder capital of the US and yet they were afaid to get out of town. Go figure. OH they were all xSxJs.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

//EDIT: Well, I accidentally stated that ISTps have a polR due to model confusion, but I will leave it here in order to understand the suggestive function more.//

I'm going to talk about my experience with one of them. I have a very good ISTp friend, which is probably the only pen pal that I still talk to. He has a tendency to envision the worst possibility if a situation arises that appears hidden and filled with deception. I tend to view the same situation and regard the possibility that fills in all the gaps and I am usually right. Anyways, I have no problem having a theoretical discussion with him on any level and we are able to discuss future possibilities and mystic occuranceswith understanding and appreciation. This made me believe that he was intuitive, but now I'm 95% sure he's an ISTp and he believes he is as well. The belief that all sensors can't learn theoretical information or won't enjoy it is pure hogwash.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    Well, since ISTp's supposedly have a Ne Polr, I would talk about my experience with one of them. I have a very good ISTp friend, which is probably the only pen pal that I still talk to. He has a tendency to envision the worst possibility if a situation arises that appears hidden and filled with deception. I tend to view the same situation and regard the possibility that fills in all the gaps and I am usually right. Anyways, I have no problem having a theoretical discussion with him on any level and we are able to discuss future possibilities and mystic occuranceswith understanding and appreciation. This made me believe that he was intuitive, but now I'm 95% sure he's an ISTp and he believes he is as well. The belief that a sensor can't learn theoretical information or won't enjoy it is pure hogwash.
    Um...did you mean ISTj?
    ISTp has Ne as their 5th, and Fe as their polr.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise
    Well, since ISTp's supposedly have a Ne Polr, I would talk about my experience with one of them. I have a very good ISTp friend, which is probably the only pen pal that I still talk to. He has a tendency to envision the worst possibility if a situation arises that appears hidden and filled with deception. I tend to view the same situation and regard the possibility that fills in all the gaps and I am usually right. Anyways, I have no problem having a theoretical discussion with him on any level and we are able to discuss future possibilities and mystic occuranceswith understanding and appreciation. This made me believe that he was intuitive, but now I'm 95% sure he's an ISTp and he believes he is as well. The belief that a sensor can't learn theoretical information or won't enjoy it is pure hogwash.
    Um...did you mean ISTj?
    Good point, I'll correct it and he's definitely an ISTp, I just got confused with my own model.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um...did you mean ISTj?
    Good point, I'll correct it and he's definitely an ISTp, I just got confused with my own model.
    I have found that Si in 1st position tend to use Ne a heck of a lot. Perhaps not quite to the extent that I use it, but I love their Ne-ish jokes.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Um...did you mean ISTj?
    I have found that Si in 1st position tend to use Ne a heck of a lot. Perhaps not quite to the extent that I use it, but I love their Ne-ish jokes.
    Yeah that's true and that is why I have no problem discussing anything with an ISTp no matter how strange or weird it appears. Yeah me and my ISTp pen pal randomly use Ne jokes in a contininous manner and have a laugh fest.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are "Ne jokes"?
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'm going to start a new topic, sorry for this thread hijack Joy.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5