Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not ILE, LIE is possible, ILI or some ST type too. My bet would be C/D-SLI-Te. Very smart guy.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE, SLUEN, VFLE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by qaz00 View Post
    Not ILE, LIE is possible, ILI or some ST type too. My bet would be C/D-SLI-Te. Very smart guy.
    SLI? Hell no. If I'm sure of something is the high intuition function, can't perceive clearly if it's creative Ni or base Ne though. probably creative Ni, LIE is my pick for him for now

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His mannerisms are like Richard Feynman's.

Both are typed ENTPs in typology communities, except for here, where the physicist is given the LIE type.

Anderson had a business interest in the band and developed systems around it, in ensuring money was used in the best ways. Sounds Te to me.

Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

Taking things at face value is good only for a spell

To experience is simple, to explain is divine

Hearts of stone are a dead giveaway: no movement

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expansion View Post
    His mannerisms are like Richard Feynman's.

Both are typed ENTPs in typology communities, except for here, where the physicist is given the LIE type.

Anderson had a business interest in the band and developed systems around it, in ensuring money was used in the best ways. Sounds Te to me.
    There is no blood test for sociotype yet, but my money is on Feynman being LIE.

Are you good at VI? Here is Feynman's first wife. https://www.openculture.com/2013/08/...rted-wife.html

Does she look ESI or SEI to you?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I love the song "Locomotive Breath" so I just watched the video posted in this thread, and my first impression of Ian Anderson is that he could be a Delta NF. The historical costumes he wears and the strong moral slant to all of his songs, reinforce that idea. He seems to be comfortable in the role of a court jester who forces the King to think about his actions, and that's a Delta NF role.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm all in favor of banks that play their part in community endeavors, private individuals looking for loans, people who want to start up a little business, and that's what banks are for.

I'm not one for Sudoku or crosswords - the thing that fires my little brain is doing tour budgets.

A lot of pop music is about stealing pocket money from children.

I make up my own mind in light of available facts, with my own experience and a sense of personal ethics.

When I was in my teenage years, I went to sign up as a cadet entrant to the police force but was at the very last moment rejected, just as I was about to sign my name on the dotted line. I won't get into why that happened, but it was a moment where it could've been predetermined then that I was off to become a policeman.

There seems to be an inclination among rock musicians to be very carefree with money, but I negotiate the best flight and hotel deals on our tours to maximise the band's income - I don't want too see too much taken off the top line.

I can never make up my mind if I'm happy being a flute player, or if I wish I were Eric Clapton.

It was instilled in me that the money I was given was not to be lost or spent on any other purpose.

“You should be very guarded in accepting our notions. We are not to be trusted as musicians. We are relatively naïve, relatively simplistic,” he said. “And whilst I might talk with some authority on the issue of declawing cats, for example, it’s an area I know something about. But you can put your thoughts out for people, and hope they’ll weigh things for themselves.”
    “If you want to tear the fingernails out of your cat, that’s your problem — something you have to live with. I can only suggest to you to get a new piece of furniture every year,” he said.

I’ve never gone out of my way to defy the arguably mainstream thoughts on anything. It’s just that as you pick up on different subjects and delve into them a little bit, you form some conclusions and some thoughts of your own.”
    Te Fi

Re Feynman, she looks ESI Adam, not SEI at all. Thanks for the vote.

Qoutes from:
    https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/ian-anderson-quotes
    https://www.hardcorehumanism.com/ian...gressive-path/

Banned
    TIM
    SLE, SLUEN, VFLE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I love the song "Locomotive Breath" so I just watched the video posted in this thread, and my first impression of Ian Anderson is that he could be a Delta NF. The historical costumes he wears and the strong moral slant to all of his songs, reinforce that idea. He seems to be comfortable in the role of a court jester who forces the King to think about his actions, and that's a Delta NF role.
    Too superficial. It's an artistic process after all. If you check out the song "Wind up" from Aqualung, that's a total Te base Ni creative process: This is a message to those that go through the motions and rituals of their religion as if those were the religion. The singer argues we can have no personal relationship with God; only our individual journey of discovery that God is in each of us and everything around us.
    The title is a pun. It refers to the fact that it is the last song on the album, and is therefore “winding up” the album, and also to the fact that it will “wind up” the representatives of the mainstream churches, in the sense of getting them upset.

Furthermore, Feelers in the system tend to be permissive and want to please everyone. I doubt very much a feeler would have frequent ideas of poking around the wounds of several social institutions, not only political but also religious which is a lot more polemic.

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Judging his stage performance alone, I'd possibly also type him Delta NF. But he's one of these artists who behave much different when putting on a show vs in serious discussions. I think interviews are more informative in his case. He also looks like my SLI father, but with ~40 IQ points added, especially in this interview:

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have some of his music, like Benefit. The other is the '69 work - i can't recall the name of it. And the '84 release, also. Teacher was one of my favorites.

I spent some time thinking about his type by going through the lyrics, and i don't see any idealism in any NF brands. It's a straight thinking style grounded in real reality, with no pining for idealistic metamorphic changes or could be vistas in a wanton NF tilt. It's pretty transactional, cold, cut & dry without color in the dark side of reality.

Interestingly very poetic and observational.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by qaz00 View Post
    Judging his stage performance alone, I'd possibly also type him Delta NF. But he's one of these artists who behave much different when putting on a show vs in serious discussions. I think interviews are more informative in his case. He also looks like my SLI father, but with ~40 IQ points added, especially in this interview:

His deep voice instantly reminded me that of this dude (RIP (??))...

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe IEI

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm all in favor of banks that play their part in community endeavors, private individuals looking for loans, people who want to start up a little business, and that's what banks are for.

I'm not one for Sudoku or crosswords - the thing that fires my little brain is doing tour budgets.

A lot of pop music is about stealing pocket money from children.

I make up my own mind in light of available facts, with my own experience and a sense of personal ethics.

When I was in my teenage years, I went to sign up as a cadet entrant to the police force but was at the very last moment rejected, just as I was about to sign my name on the dotted line. I won't get into why that happened, but it was a moment where it could've been predetermined then that I was off to become a policeman.

There seems to be an inclination among rock musicians to be very carefree with money, but I negotiate the best flight and hotel deals on our tours to maximise the band's income - I don't want too see too much taken off the top line.

I can never make up my mind if I'm happy being a flute player, or if I wish I were Eric Clapton.

It was instilled in me that the money I was given was not to be lost or spent on any other purpose.

“You should be very guarded in accepting our notions. We are not to be trusted as musicians. We are relatively naïve, relatively simplistic,” he said. “And whilst I might talk with some authority on the issue of declawing cats, for example, it’s an area I know something about. But you can put your thoughts out for people, and hope they’ll weigh things for themselves.”
    “If you want to tear the fingernails out of your cat, that’s your problem — something you have to live with. I can only suggest to you to get a new piece of furniture every year,” he said.

I’ve never gone out of my way to defy the arguably mainstream thoughts on anything. It’s just that as you pick up on different subjects and delve into them a little bit, you form some conclusions and some thoughts of your own.”

https://www.hardcorehumanism.com/ian...gressive-path/

https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/ian-anderson-quotes
    OP is gone now, but i had a contrary type in mind when this thread was active, and i didn't say it 'cause newbie and his personality was volatile and i didn't want to shake him up and drive the newcomer away, it was headed there at this point, so i let ride with, ''deeper lyrics spell deeper waters drawn, spells N'' bias. Not necessarily so.

I type him SLI by above passages in linked quotes.

Just like Stevie Nicks get's ENFP votes mostly, Talent = N, but she is SEE in my book, and i have good reasons for the Se in her MO, btw.

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropex6 View Post
    SLI? Hell no. If I'm sure of something is the high intuition function, can't perceive clearly if it's creative Ni or base Ne though. probably creative Ni, LIE is my pick for him for now
    If you ever come back.. Qaz makes weird typings, because he goes from his own sensory subjective experience and database that is highly biased, and when you lead by “experience”, you need way more than he’d have. I’d have to watch that video and investigate him myself to know what he is, but.. Yeah
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).

My thoughts align with action to succeed what needs…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no blood test for sociotype yet, but my money is on Feynman being LIE.

Are you good at VI? Here is Feynman's first wife. https://www.openculture.com/2013/08/...rted-wife.html

Does she look ESI or SEI to you?
    Why did he go into physics?
    [Today 03:36 AM] anotherperson: this forum feels like the edge of the internet