Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Narcissism

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Narcissists call me "full of myself".

Jealous much?

*edit* God damn it, I just realized they're profoundly insecure. Damn it.
    Last edited by intjguy; 08-24-2010 at 11:22 AM.
    In no way should one act contrary to the great future you have before you.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If a moment of Narcissism is really prominent/obvious, you are probably witnessing a moment of Fe Hidden Agenda from an EXTp.

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    : behavior aimed at showing how popular and liked by the crowd you are, but that is actually making you look like an ass.
    BAM!
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only narcissist I know is an ESTj.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by intjguy View Post
    The only person I perceive as a narcissist I perceive as an ESTj.
    fixed
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, and only according to Chip's description.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can people please learn how to spell this word?

Narcissism
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like girls a lot. I like pretty girls. I only fuck pretty girls.

I LIKE YOU!!!!!!
    Sincerely Yours,

Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

The Rebel without a cause.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by intjguy View Post
    The only narcissist I know is an ESTj.
    same.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    same.
    Yes I think ESTJ is most common for narcicist.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes I think ESTJ is most common for narcicist.
    You're doing this on purpose to give Gilly an aneurysm, aren'tcha?

I'm not so sure I believe in narcissism actually. How real is this? Narcissism sounds like a fairy tale. If a person is too stuck on themselves, then they're too stuck on themselves. Is Galen narcissistic then? No, he obviously has a lot of empathy still. People say narcissists lack empathy but I never seen that.... It sounds like the word was honestly invented by 'emo' self-conscious people that were bitter and jealous that somebody had more than them. I only say this is because, I don't feel good myself when I judge somebody as narcissistic. It makes me feel bad, okay? I don't care if it's true or not I just know that if I view people this way- I myself don't feel good. I'd rather see the good in them, unless they physically do something that truly harms another... and even then, I forgive people. =p

Not everybody has to be responsible for my feelings. That is rare by it's nature otherwise how else would it feel special? How would we feel the 'you are the one for me' schlopmey disney gay ness? Just because somebody isn't giving a shit about how you feel doesn't make them narcissistic. okay? live and let live.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Classifying narcissism to type is simply too biased to be used as type related IMO
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    Classifying narcissism to type is simply too biased to be used as type related IMO
    I completely agree.

We sometimes just kind of throw around the word "narcissist" as a synonym for someone acting vain or selfish, or someone with good self-esteem & selfconfidence, but NPD is actually a psychiatric condition and a profound psychological disturbance that permeates someone's entire character. It negatively affects people in close contact with them in an unhealthy way (understatement!), particularly if someone has somehow assumed a role of "mirror" to the narcissist (does not have to be a romantic relationship for this to happen). Sometimes people who end up being narcissists' "mirrors" are just "rescuer" types trying to help the narcissistic individual with their inevitable problems. The catch to this, however, is that there is no treatment for narcissism in the present-day practice of psychiatry or psychology. Moreover, trying to "rescue" someone with NPD only serves to feed their narcissism. The only way to deal with these people is to avoid them.

With a condition so pervasive to one's character as NPD, it simply cannot be type related. Moreover, the question arises in my mind as to whether they can actually be accurately typed, as some aspects of NPD can come across as (or be "excused" by) certain IEs, like Fi-POLR. I feel it is doing an injustice to a particular type to villify it with these kinds of associations.

I urge people to familiarize themselves with how to recognize these kinds of individuals, as they can seem normal or even nice/interesting (when they are trying to score mirrors), but they can have a vile, damaging effect on your psyche over the long term. I've had the misfortune of being mirror to two such individuals in the past couple years (one boss, and one online). Even though it hasn't been pleasant, it has been an invaluable learning experience for me, which I hope will help me avoid such individuals among dating partners.

I met one person recently who suffered through 30 years of marriage with an NPD .... she is very much a battered woman, battered emotionally and mentally. A scary thing about being in this kind of situation is that a narcissist can break you down, make you feel like you are shit, and enslave you in this way, making you feel powerless, guilty, and unable to leave that relationship -- this is exactly what occurred in her case.

http://www.halcyon.com/jmashmun/npd/howto.html
    http://www.halcyon.com/jmashmun/npd/traits.html

https://afternarcissisticabuse.wordpress.com/

http://thenarcissisticlife.com/victi...s-of-recovery/
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    You're doing this on purpose to give Gilly an aneurysm, aren'tcha?

I'm not so sure I believe in narcissism actually. How real is this? Narcissism sounds like a fairy tale. If a person is too stuck on themselves, then they're too stuck on themselves. Is Galen narcissistic then? No, he obviously has a lot of empathy still. People say narcissists lack empathy but I never seen that.... It sounds like the word was honestly invented by 'emo' self-conscious people that were bitter and jealous that somebody had more than them. I only say this is because, I don't feel good myself when I judge somebody as narcissistic. It makes me feel bad, okay? I don't care if it's true or not I just know that if I view people this way- I myself don't feel good. I'd rather see the good in them, unless they physically do something that truly harms another... and even then, I forgive people. =p

Not everybody has to be responsible for my feelings. That is rare by it's nature otherwise how else would it feel special? How would we feel the 'you are the one for me' schlopmey disney gay ness? Just because somebody isn't giving a shit about how you feel doesn't make them narcissistic. okay? live and let live.
    Thanks for this, it keeps things in perspective... sometimes I am tempted to think of my mom as a narcissist because she says or does something that hurts my feelings. I could check so many things off in the links posted above. She has never been diagnosed but she has also refused to see a therapist and never has. My old therapist told me she needs one. I get annoyed when anyone says anything against her because she's my fucking mother. I am the only one who can call her fucked up. It is tempting to turn into an armchair psychologist when I am having conflict with someone.

Like I knew a person with real diagnosed BPD but she was constantly telling me that others had it and she played up the fact that she had it. We got into a "fight" over her trying to fuck up the lives of our mutual friends when she went after them. Afterwards she would go to the hospital and tell them she was suicidal to get people to forgive her. When she went after me I was in complete shock. I really thought I had a special connection to her and she would never do those things to me. She started posting private stuff, I told her in confidence, online. I finally told her to kill herself and stop wasting the staff's time at the hospital A few months later she did. We were close friends for years but I was the only person she left out of her suicide note which led to some of our mutual friends to publicly blame me for her suicide. I try to be very careful now when it comes to people with real psychological disorders. I am not qualified to know a real disorder from normal weird personality traits. :/

To this day I think she killed herself, in part, to spite me. I really do. She forgave people she barely knew in her suicide note but I was left out on purpose. Everyone noticed it since we were like our own version of the dynamic duo and I always had her back. I never got to tell her I was sorry. Maybe that makes me look narcissistic but I'm really not.

Edit: she was IEE, ftr.
    Last edited by Aylen; 04-05-2015 at 03:23 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    The only way to deal with these people is to avoid them.
    For the sake of argument... how is one to avoid the person if they are a family member? If my mother (LSI) happens to be one, should I let her live out her life alone? She would literally die left alone, due to health and other cognitive issues (stroke). Sometimes you just have to learn to deal with people. I have run from her my whole life. There is nowhere left to run now. My step-dad died and the universe decided to throw us back together. No one else will have her for more than 3 months at a time. Thankfully I have two sisters. That is when I get a break for 6 months.

My family thinks I had too much freedom and that is why I get to keep her longer. It's not all bad if you can imagine walking on eggshells half the day and hiding the other half. She is too young to put in a home and I wouldn't do that to my mother anyway. I hated being locked up when I was a teen and in a way it would be ironic justice to lock her away some day since she did that to me. I won't though. She still has some sweet moments and I tend to hang on them and use them as a reminder that she does have feelings and maybe deep down she is still a scared little girl who was so spoiled she started to see herself as the center of the universe. She probably lacks a certain kind of empathy but she is good with kids and animals. There is a lot of gray area when dealing with people who may have mental issues affecting them. You can't just throw them all on an island and let them sort themselves out.

Heh, sorry for rant but mental issues are a cause I care about.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    For the sake of argument... how is one to avoid the person if they are a family member? If my mother (LSI) happens to be one, should I let her live out her life alone? She would literally die left alone, due to health and other cognitive issues (stroke). Sometimes you just have to learn to deal with people. I have run from her my whole life. There is nowhere left to run now. My step-dad died and the universe decided to throw us back together. No one else will have her for more than 3 months at a time. Thankfully I have two sisters. That is when I get a break for 6 months.

My family thinks I had too much freedom and that is why I get to keep her longer. It's not all bad if you can imagine walking on eggshells half the day and hiding the other half. She is too young to put in a home and I wouldn't do that to my mother anyway. I hated being locked up when I was a teen and in a way it would be ironic justice to lock her away some day since she did that to me. I won't though. She still has some sweet moments and I tend to hang on them and use them as a reminder that she does have feelings and maybe deep down she is still a scared little girl who was so spoiled she started to see herself as the center of the universe. She probably lacks a certain kind of empathy but she is good with kids and animals. There is a lot of gray area when dealing with people who may have mental issues affecting them. You can't just throw them all on an island and let them sort themselves out.

Heh, sorry for rant but mental issues are a cause I care about.
    Aylen thanks for bringing up this point... when it's a family member, particularly a parent, it's obviously a very challenging situation. There are actually support groups for children of NPD parents. Ethically of course it's so difficult to leave one's parents or other loved ones in solitude, and it's not something i would do either, but perhaps minimizing interaction when possible, would be psychologically healthier. If she's had a stroke and has been incapacitated then leaving her alone would obviously be wrong on so many levels, and you are a blessed person to accept the duty of caring for her.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sybille View Post
    I forgot to say this is the speech of a classic BPD with NPD traits, not mine . That's how my BPD-N acquaintance speaks to people she doesn't even know just because she's caught in the act of stroking her ego.
    Well since you decided to post my private message out of context to the subject and declare me a BPD it appears you are the one with some deep seated psychological issues. How is that for armchair psychology? Fuck off with your idiotic nonsense you know nothing about me. I have my diagnose and know my malfunction. This is exactly what my BPD friend did to me. She posted things out of context and tried to shape people's perception of me. You are so transparent.

FTR, there is nothing in my pm that points to BPD.

YWIMW

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well since you decided to post my private message out of context to the subject and declare me a BPD it appears you are the one with some deep seated psychological issues. How is that for armchair psychology? Fuck off with your idiotic nonsense you know nothing about me. I have my diagnose and know my malfunction. This is exactly what my BPD friend did to me. She posted things out of context and tried to shape people's perception of me. You are so transparent.
    Was it you? I don't even know who you are. I just posted some speeches to illustrate BPD and narcissism.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FTR, there is nothing in my pm that points to BPD.
    I was gonna say sybille's long post seemed like it was inadvertantly in the wrong thread....
    (p.s. I "constructived" her 2nd one because it seemed to clarify my re her first post)

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Was it you? I don't even know who you are. I just posted some speeches to illustrate BPD and narcissism.
    Feigned ignorance... what are you keeping a file of private messages or something?

YWIMW

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's not right to publically share someone's pm without their consent.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I was gonna say sybille's long post seemed like it was inadvertantly in the wrong thread....
    (p.s. I "constructived" her 2nd one because it seemed to clarify my re her first post)
    no problem. I work in a clinic for mental health and I use any kind of material I get.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

it's not right to publically share someone's pm without their consent.
    I didn't even know it was from a pm. Material I gather. I don't even know why she claims it, because I only talked to this user once or twice.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't even know it was from a pm. Material I gather. I don't even know why she claims it, because I only talked to this user once or twice.
    gotta be more careful about that kind of thing then. It's like talking about someone in an elevator. Their families or friends might be in there hearing what you say and it ends up being a violation of privacy.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

gotta be more careful about that kind of thing then. It's like talking about someone in an elevator. Their families or friends might be in there hearing what you say and it ends up being a violation of privacy.
    Oh yes, it was purely coincidence to post my pm right after I posted this about my friend with BPD. This person is like a poor imitation of Amber. At least Amber makes no excuses for her posts and says what she really thinks about someone. :/

When she went after me I was in complete shock. I really thought I had a special connection to her and she would never do those things to me. She started posting private stuff, I told her in confidence, online.
    I actually had forgot all about this user until today. She used to go by "morningthaw".

Edit: quote was about a friend I knew for years and was very close to.

Edit2: She is a troll account for another user. *confirmed*
    Last edited by Aylen; 04-09-2015 at 04:53 PM.

YWIMW

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You want me to take you seriously when you moralize and I don't know why. Someone vomited contents of their brain through a channel that got to me. I'm free to talk about whatever I want. I didn't invade their privacy myself.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You want me to take you seriously when you moralize and I don't know why. Someone vomited contents of their brain through a channel that got to me. I'm free to talk about whatever I want. I didn't invade their privacy myself.
    Still it comes off as unprofessional. I'm a medical professional too, so i try to be cautious about things like that. Not trying to moralize and i really couldn't care less if you take me seriously or not.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Feigned ignorance... what are you keeping a file of private messages or something?
    Ok you were offended. What's so bad about only dating younger guys and making a fairy tale of that? I checked and you posted something in a thread of mine. Then you bombarded me with crap I didn't ask for. You deleted it probably. I'm sorry, but you are clear Borderline Personality Disorder with Narcissism on top. I thought you knew that.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Ok you were offended. What's so bad about dating younger guys and making a fairy tale of that? I checked and you posted something in a thread of mine. Then you bombarded me with crap I didn't ask for. You deleted it probably. I'm sorry, but you are clear Borderline Personality Disorder. I thought you knew that.
    Right, bombarded huh? I thought you didn't know who I was? Are you stalking? Did you keep track of my blogs too or something?

I kept all the messages too so no worries I didn't delete anything. You are an idiotic troll, and I remember others mentioning this to me before, so yeah I can legit ignore you because you have no substance. I have an active inner world. I share it sometimes and people may think I am crazy but I am quite aware.

I am in treatment and it is not for BPD. I don't believe for one second you are in the mental health profession but keep on trollin'.
    Last edited by Aylen; 04-05-2015 at 09:44 PM.

YWIMW

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This thread makes my skin crawl.

Which reminds me I have to write 2 short e-books on Narcissism. One about dealing with a narcissist and another about leading a healthy life as a narcissist lol.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    What types do you know that are narcicists?

I am quite confident that I know three of them.
    ESTJ-Te
    ISFJ-Se
    ESFP-Fi

edit: also an ENFP and ESTP-Se.

Are some types more prone to narcicism then others?
    IME, yes, in terms of Socionics types there are some more prone to it than others.
    ESTJ, ESFJ, ENFJ ENTJ (all EJ temperaments, differently narcissistic, ESTJ and ENTJ tend to be more image-related narcissistic, ENFJ and ESFJ tend to be more of people liking them, have 'followers' to feed their egos.)

ENTP, ESFP, ESTP are also prone to this, but here the main objective is to have positive feedback about themselves and feel 'superior' to others in some way, this can go either through body-image or through other types of behavior. Basically these types base their own self-esteem on how others esteem them, so they want to be esteemed by others otherwise they crack down. But this is true in possibility for every type, in today's society, hard to find someone who has unconditional self-esteem.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Airman View Post
    IME, yes, in terms of Socionics types there are some more prone to it than others.
    ESTJ, ESFJ, ENFJ ENTJ (all EJ temperaments, differently narcissistic, ESTJ and ENTJ tend to be more image-related narcissistic, ENFJ and ESFJ tend to be more of people liking them, have 'followers' to feed their egos.)

ENTP, ESFP, ESTP are also prone to this, but here the main objective is to have positive feedback about themselves and feel 'superior' to others in some way, this can go either through body-image or through other types of behavior. Basically these types base their own self-esteem on how others esteem them, so they want to be esteemed by others otherwise they crack down. But this is true in possibility for every type, in today's society, hard to find someone who has unconditional self-esteem.
    By its very definition, isnt every narcissist image related?
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I completely agree.

We sometimes just kind of throw around the word "narcissist" as a synonym for someone acting vain or selfish, or someone with good self-esteem & selfconfidence, but NPD is actually a psychiatric condition and a profound psychological disturbance that permeates someone's entire character. It negatively affects people in close contact with them in an unhealthy way (understatement!), particularly if someone has somehow assumed a role of "mirror" to the narcissist (does not have to be a romantic relationship for this to happen). Sometimes people who end up being narcissists' "mirrors" are just "rescuer" types trying to help the narcissistic individual with their inevitable problems. The catch to this, however, is that there is no treatment for narcissism in the present-day practice of psychiatry or psychology. Moreover, trying to "rescue" someone with NPD only serves to feed their narcissism. The only way to deal with these people is to avoid them.

With a condition so pervasive to one's character as NPD, it simply cannot be type related. Moreover, the question arises in my mind as to whether they can actually be accurately typed, as some aspects of NPD can come across as (or be "excused" by) certain IEs, like Fi-POLR. I feel it is doing an injustice to a particular type to villify it with these kinds of associations.

I urge people to familiarize themselves with how to recognize these kinds of individuals, as they can seem normal or even nice/interesting (when they are trying to score mirrors), but they can have a vile, damaging effect on your psyche over the long term. I've had the misfortune of being mirror to two such individuals in the past couple years (one boss, and one online). Even though it hasn't been pleasant, it has been an invaluable learning experience for me, which I hope will help me avoid such individuals among dating partners.

I met one person recently who suffered through 30 years of marriage with an NPD .... she is very much a battered woman, battered emotionally and mentally. A scary thing about being in this kind of situation is that a narcissist can break you down, make you feel like you are shit, and enslave you in this way, making you feel powerless, guilty, and unable to leave that relationship -- this is exactly what occurred in her case.

http://www.halcyon.com/jmashmun/npd/howto.html
    http://www.halcyon.com/jmashmun/npd/traits.html

https://afternarcissisticabuse.wordpress.com/

http://thenarcissisticlife.com/victi...s-of-recovery/
    adding useful link, thanks @zap!

http://samvak.tripod.com/narcissismparanoia.html

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although it's true that people bandy about the term "narcissism" (just like they do other terms that happen to describe clinical conditions), people can have unhealthy narcissism without meeting all the criteria for NPD. As for @sybille, if you actually work in a clinic, then I think you must know that it's irresponsible to toss out "diagnoses" on the internet, and I find it curious you'd use those labels as epithets to put someone down rather than to see them as purely diagnostic categories.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good point.

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Are you a narcissist?

Just did this test. Got this:

You scored 12-15: Mild narcissism
    Scoring for Superiority: 3 - You scored particularly high in superiority, suggesting you feel you are superior to most others.
    I'll have to look more into this... You guys?

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    Just did this test. Got this:

I'll have to look more into this... You guys?
    Results of your Narcissistic Personality Quiz

Between 12 and 15 is average. Celebrities often score closer to 18. Narcissists score over 20.
    Below you will find a brief interpretation of each of the seven component narcissism traits and what your score relative to that trait may indicate about you.

0-11 No narcissism

Scoring for Exhibitionism

5 Exhibitionism

You score particularly high in exhibitionism, suggesting you have a higher need than most to be the center of attention in any group or gathering.

Is this actually high? I mean I might have a bit of that... but high.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    SEIZOR
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I scored over 20, it didn't even specify a number it just gave me a link to info about NPD.

I don't even know how I got this I thought I was being really humble.

Bruh...

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nataraja View Post
    I scored over 20, it didn't even specify a number it just gave me a link to info about NPD.

I don't even know how I got this I thought I was being really humble.

Bruh...
    This is why engineering projects have frequent sanity checks in the form of regular design reviews.

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

score 22

i insist upon getting the respect i deserve. how narcissistic of me.
    i lived my life being extremely ashamed so much that i can't do anything worthwhile because there'll be always people putting me down.
    i reinforced my own worth to be able to have my place in the world. how narcissistic of me
    i demand people do their part because they demand so much bs of me. they are the exploitative ones in turn i will demand what they took from me to be compensated for. how narcissistic of me.
    do you guys realize how many of the questions would check for ILI and IEI esp if they are not validated for their worth? what happens is i get put down, turns out u were right, they forget about it or dont comprehend what's happening at all. then i get frustrated with being shamed for being a better person.
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0-11 No narcissism

3 Vanity You scored particularly high in vanity, suggesting you have a strong belief in your own abilities and attractiveness.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast