Thread: The Golden question

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Golden question

See if this question helps you to decide whether you are a rational or irrational type. The example involves an INTx

Although the following two descriptions describe you accurately, which description contains the quality that is more central to your personality:

1) A strong analytical mind and an ability to understand the structural patterns of any phenomena. They are objective and have a strong sense of justice. They always distinguish primary from secondary avoiding unnecessary details. Through logical progression, can extract and convey a concept to others, always directing peoples' attention to the main idea. INTj

2) An ability to predict future events. They can predict peoples behaviour in particular situations and how these situations will develop over time and then give some useful advise or warn about approaching troubles and difficulties. They also have a well-developed imagination. Are curious and can easily accumulate information about any interesting subjects. INTp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All of the above.
    INTJ/ENTP

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I'm going to pull this apart and judge from there. Why? For the same reason that the social-cognitive learning theory is superior to behaviorism. It doesn't matter whether I say "yes" or "no" to any of the choices, but rather why I choose to say "yes" or "no". It is what I think and feel internally that is the true insight into what we need to expand Socionics. Anyway, without further ado...

First, the INTj:

Quote Originally Posted by The INTj
    They are objective and have a strong sense of justice.
    Objective? Yes. Strong sense of justice? By defending the weak, yes. By upholding the objective law, no. But either way, these things never really occupy my mind to any great extent.

They always distinguish primary from secondary avoiding unnecessary details.
    I think everything but what doesn't matter to my point matters. Of course, everything eventually matters somehow.

Through logical progression, can extract and convey a concept to others, always directing peoples' attention to the main idea.
    I have somewhat of a difficulty in following a logical progression. My mind often goes off into tangents, so my explanation goes off into tangents. My focus is often lacking when it comes to pure thinking (although my focus on the environment is almost impeccable.)

And now, the INTp:

Quote Originally Posted by The INTp
    An ability to predict future events.
    The way this is worded makes it seem like some kind of amazing intellectual feat when it is completely not. It's rather an ability to accurately know what to expect in the future, to guess at a possible result of occurences, and to predict future events that happen immediately after the current situation. If I could accurately predict the entire event itself, well then damn, that would be quite a feat. It is by no means an amazing elaboration of details: that takes time, alot of time. For this ambiguity, I will say "no" to this statement.

They can predict peoples behaviour in particular situations and how these situations will develop over time and then give some useful advise or warn about approaching troubles and difficulties
    If helping people was one of my core motives...

They also have a well-developed imagination.
    A very esoteric imagination that much more accurately reflects my ideas of the world than to simply be fantastical, but yes, it is well-developed.

Are curious and can easily accumulate information about any interesting subjects.
    Of course!

So, according to the statistics, I score 3 "no's" on the INTj and 2 "no's" on the INTp. So, if forced to choose between the two, I would choose INTp.

So for now, albeit rigorous criticism, it works.

Your INTp friend,

Cone
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)