Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nicki Minaj

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Look, you condescending twit. I'm not going to play your pointless game of semantics. Either provide me with evidence of me being a crony or stop talking.
    Well, if you keep thinking everything is a game, and cannot realize that making a statement about a claim is not the same as supporting its included assertion, then I agree this is a pointless endeavor.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is a clear example of why I don't like reading these kinds of threads. It's basically pointless. Instead of people discussing their perceptions and trying to share info and find common ground, or even at least TRYing to see the other's pov...which may include something a side is missing...it becomes a shitload of ad hominem attacks. For example, does Nicki Minaj,s type really rest on whether Galen talks with Ashton or korpsey about ANYthing?

Not just ad hominem attacks, but red herrings that snowball into a degrading thread of egos trying to prove their supposed superiority.

Ugh..and this is where 'logic' gets us on the internet. A tangled mess that leads to Absolutely Nowhere.

(and yes, gilly...feel free to read snideliness in this post. (though not directed right at you))
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ekpyrosos View Post
    Those lyrics aren't worthwhile as none of it can be confirmed to be written solely by Nicki. It's all collaborations. It doesn't point her type one way or another.

As far as those lyrics being valuing, I don't think so.

As far as any truth in my identification with the song, it doesn't affect the quality of the argument since it doesn't change what she's said. Anyways, there's no way to type conclusively, but you can just say that instead of making ad hominem attacks and noncommittal skepticism. I guess that's true about ILI's at least.

Nicki Minaj's type has nothing to do with who type who what, or what type what what, or what identification people have with her, just type these people by how they communicate, how they behave, how their personality is, just that, no ad hominems, no appeal to delusion because of bias. Make an argument, don't be scared, it's how you show your mettle. It's not up to me to prove she's not SEI, it's up to all the SEI typers to prove otherwise, which of course they can't and all they can do is call other people stupid or deluded. Frankly it's shitty bullshit behavior.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Those lyrics aren't worthwhile as none of it can be confirmed to be written solely by Nicki. It's all collaborations. It doesn't point her type one way or another.
    Even if she wrote them on her own it's hardly surprising she'd have an ambiguous presentation since she's either a beta-like alpha or an alpha-like beta.

As far as those lyrics being valuing, I don't think so.
    Of course not when you've associated Si with gooey pies and being put to bed with a mouthful of Wonderbread.

As far as any truth in my identification with the song, it doesn't affect the quality of the argument since it doesn't change what she's said.
    But it does play into perceptions of the song, and judgments are drawn from perceptions, so if the former is skewed then without proper safeguards then the latter may be as well. Simple logic, buddy, and part of the skeptical method of inquiry as well.

Anyways, there's no way to type conclusively, but you can just say that instead of making ad hominem attacks and noncommittal skepticism. I guess that's true about ILI's at least.
    He says, with a suggestive insult stuck on the end. Too funny.

Nicki Minaj's type has nothing to do with who type who what, or what type what what or what identification people have with her
    Identification plays a strong role in interpersonal relations, and while it can produce strong connections it can also lead people to assign false typings. And not just when identification is made but also because it is absent when it might be expected to be, such as anticipating an immediate connection with a supposed dual but but failing to experience one.

just type these people by how they communicate, how they behave, how their personality is, just that,
    And that's exactly what was going on until post #39 when ESC leapt out of the woodwork to support Glam's mistaken assertion that "people are saying an SEI is acting like another type" when no one had said such a thing. Oddly enough though you've only seen fit to object when I've thrown stones, and you've also given your sign of approval when others did the same well before me.

no ad hominems
    You've made two yourself in this very post.

no appeal to delusion because of bias.
    Strawman. Bias can affect perception and judgment but that doesn't automatically equal total distortion, and I neither mentioned nor alluded to delusion.

Make an argument, don't be scared, it's how you show your mettle.
    And there's your second ad hom.

It's not up to me to prove she's not SEI, it's up to all the SEI types to prove otherwise.
    Except "there's no way to type conclusively".

Oh, and by the way, fuck you.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Even if she wrote them on her own it's hardly surprising she'd have an ambiguous presentation since she's either a beta-like alpha or an alpha-like beta.

Of course not when you've associated Si with gooey pies and being put to bed with a mouthful of Wonderbread.
    I haven't said this and this is a false assessment. I said her song presents a strong sensory experience, you might not agree it does, but it really has nothing to do with gooey pies and being put to bed or wonderbread. It relates a concrete situation that anyone who's had to deal with a person undergoing cancer treatment can somewhat relate to.

But it does play into perceptions of the song, and judgments are drawn from perceptions, so if the former is skewed then without proper safeguards then the latter may be as well. Simple logic, buddy, and part of the skeptical method of inquiry as well.
    It doesn't change the argument. My experience with a similar situation has nothing to do with whether or not this is an accurate or reasonable perception of the song which others can understand and agree with. Experience with a situation, such as dealing with someone who's undergoing cancer treatment doesn't make the perception less valid, experience sometimes make perceptions and judgements more valid.

And that's exactly what was going on until post #39 when ESC leapt out of the woodwork to support Glam's mistaken assertion that "people are saying an SEI is acting like another type" when no one had said such a thing. Oddly enough though you've only seen fit to object when I've thrown stones, and you've also given your sign of approval when others did the same well before me.

When I posted in this thread, I made a general post, which you responded to, so I never picked on you, you picked on yourself.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't said this and this is a false assessment. I said her song presents a strong sensory experience
    The manner in which one receives and responds to lyrics is a subjective matter, so simply because someone proclaims "It's concrete!" doesn't mean it's regarded the same or even noticed by all listeners.

you might not agree it does, but it really has nothing to do with gooey pies and being put to bed or wonderbread. It relates a concrete situation that anyone who's had to deal with a person undergoing cancer treatment can somewhat relate to.
    "Somewhat" revisionistic:

Um Samson is a song about taking care of her boyfriend who died of cancer.... Song is so literal it hurts, "ate a piece of bread and went back to bed", "Not much hair left on his head"
    +
    Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    Argh. I do a lot of seemingly stereotypical SEI things that may explain why so many ILE guys try to talk to me about these activities, and I actually have to hunt down SLEs. I've done both those things in the past two days I should probably read philosophy books more or something.
    More poetry imo. Like this.

A Pie

Pie Dig In
    Ooey gooey
    Mince and Pumpkin
    Sweet and Savory
    Brown Crust Cracklin'
    Ever Forevery
    Bon Appétit
    ^tip for an IEI to appear more SEI-like. And for contrast with Minaj you referenced bread at least five times in the course of your arguments about "concrete and literal" experiences courtesy of an Si-slinging "real" SEI.

It doesn't change the argument. My experience with a similar situation has nothing to do with whether or not this is an accurate or reasonable perception of the song which others can understand and agree with.
    Similar to what, being a figure in a modified bible myth? Spektor says quite clearly in the interviews that I posted that the lyrics are fiction, and she even goes so far as to laugh at people who think otherwise. And I've yet to see a strong link with cancer anywhere in the lyrics except within the realm of subjective interpretation and "wut du u tink deez r songz abut" websites.

Experience with a situation, such as dealing with someone who's undergoing cancer treatment doesn't make the perception less valid
    See above.

experience sometimes make perceptions and judgements more valid.
    Yet you've argued the opposite before in an attempt to discredit (seems you and I have a little history, hahahahahaha):

It's a common fallacy to believe that candid intimate knowledge gives better typing information. In fact, I find it often detrimental to typing ego functions because of the psychological distance being close and more vulnerable functions being used more freely.

Your extensive and candid association with Hydrangea makes your knowledge suspect and your perception untrustworthy.
    Continually redefining your terms is an amusing hokey-pokey. I see your mirror ESC just pulled this same gibberish with Galen in pretending that he didn't mean what said or even say what he said when he said it.

When I posted in this thread, I made a general post, which you responded to, so I never picked on you, you picked on yourself.
    But that general post wasn't made until after you'd personally approved some of the general ad homs and general grab-assery. You didn't speak out against it until I'd lit into your flunkies for being stuck on behaviorism, and you haven't warned anyone else for the same behavior since. So I'm not being picked on (nice frame-job, buddy) with your decision to play ping-pong just with me to the exclusion of everything else, but you're doing a good job of showing how your vaunted rules are very selectively enforced.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shouting "It's obvious!" is simply a reaction, it is not an explanation, and repeating it does nothing to make your case. Kindly provide a write-up with relevant quotes from page 1 onward describing which arguments you find faulty and why.
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...l=1#post848734
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...l=1#post850628

Your points seem a little biased to me, and I don't see this going anywhere worthwhile - I'm okay with agreeing to disagree and ending it here.

The gist of my argument is that Galen rushed into a discussion he didn't comprehend in coming to ashton's defense, ignored/miscomprehended fallacies that are elementary in nature by virtue of fitting the definition of those fallacies straightforwardly. Considering his history with 2 other certain individuals, the way he went about it displays cronyism and yes-manning (to me).
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post

Your points seem a little biased to me, and I don't see this going anywhere worthwhile - I'm okay with agreeing to disagree and ending it here.

The gist of my argument is that Galen rushed into a discussion he didn't comprehend in coming to ashton's defense, ignored/miscomprehended fallacies that are elementary in nature by virtue of fitting the definition of those fallacies straightforwardly. Considering his history with 2 other certain individuals, the way he went about it displays cronyism and yes-manning (to me).
    I was asking him a question. There was no malicious tone in that post, and if ESC had given his answer at that point this whole thing would have probably gone over that much faster. It doesn't matter how obvious you felt the answers to be, a question is a question nonetheless. What happened though is he got needlessly defensive, insisting that I have to somehow "prove myself" to him as if I were a court jester auditioning for the king's fair. By then I was well onto the presence of his not-so-hidden intentions of making idle snark against his perceived enemies, and thus the snowballing began.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Galen had already posted in this thread before the link you gave.
    Galen had also already written to glam prior to the link you gave. (#35)

If you took to the time to see who wrote what and when, it would be obvious that in this thread, there was no "rushing into a discussion he didn't comprehend in order to come to ashton,s defense". Galen was already part of the discusion with glam BEFORE ashton wrote.

In fact, Galen had posted to this thread about 22 hours before Ashton had posted his first comment in this thread.
    Glam, at least in part, referenced Galen's typing of SEI in her post (#33).
    To which Galen responded in his post (#35).
    20 min later, Ashton wrote his short stereotyponics post (#36).

ESC, who had not posted ANYthing on this thread until (#39), both quoted glam and ashton, and accused ashton of logical fallaciousness. So if ANYone was trying to protect their 'cronies', it was ESC jumping in to protect glam.

To which Galen asked ESC how what Ashton had written was any more absurd than what glam had written (#42).
    At which point, ESC (#40) posts disparagingly to Galen, wanting Galen to prove that he was worth ESC,s time. (ironically enough, Galen was willing to spend the next couple of pages putting Galen down and inserting red herrings, drawing Galen away from Galen's conver with Glam.)

So, I'd have to say...when taking in what was actually written, by whom, and when...
    It looks like ESC was the one pulling the supposed "cronyism" thing.
    With thePirate following "cronyism" suite to aide ESC.

But ESC and thePirate's "cronyism" doesn't stop there!

And further, when glam and korpsey (i,ll learn the new name eventually) get into their tiff...
    ESC runs in again to pull the attention off glam.

Then hkkmr steps in, and he and korpsey carry the conver for a while,
    Until thePirate steps in to further his fight with Ashton, while claiming Galen is doing cronyism.
    To which the conver turns to who said SEI first...(resounding answer: Galen) (see Galen's post #15).

And then finally, FINALLY, ESC (#116) answers Galen's questions of post #42....and then, immediately turns the post into bs about cronyism again, as a way of dismissing everything Galen, Ashton, and Korpsey have said about the SEI typing of the OP.

Unfortunately, Galen fell for this red herring of ESC's making.

Once again, the thread degrades into a battle of egos and attacks...
    I step in with my post....uh, does this make me a crony?...or just an irked observer.

Hkkmr and korpsey resume their comver of the actual OP, with a few jabs thrown in.

ThePirate jumps in with supposed proof of Galen's cronyism.. (the quoted post in this post)...
    And now I've provided the real proof of "cronyism" in this thread.

Nothing that Galen, Ashton, nor korpsey have done is any more a sign of "cronyism" than those involving ESC and thePirate, towards helping glam. Shall we start referring to them as Glam's cronies? As hkkmr's cronies? Shall we start referring to this 'group' as the hkGlamians?

(personally, i say NO, as I do believe that while the four are friends, and respect each other, i do think glam and hkkmr have their own minds and do not 'control' the other two. By the same token, expat's bs of guilt-by-association he started years ago as a way of attacking ashton has long lived any possible meaning it may have had. Those who continue to refer to it, imo, aren't much more than disciples, carrying on their previous master's teachings.)

IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

^tip for an IEI to appear more SEI-like. And for contrast with Minaj you referenced bread at least five times in the course of your arguments about "concrete and literal" experiences courtesy of an Si-slinging "real" SEI.
    Way to twist things out of context, she could have related any experience in a sensory fashion and it has really nothing to do with bread or being in bed or having one's hair fall out. That's just parts I listed because it was literal.

Another song, another lyric.

Quote Originally Posted by Us Lyrics
    They made a statue of us
    And it put it on a mountain top
    Now tourists come and stare at us
    Blow bubbles with their gum
    Take photographs have fun, have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Folding Chairs
    Come and open up your folding chair next to me
    My feet are buried in the sand and there's a breeze
    There is a shadow, you can't see my eyes
    And the sea is just a wetter version of the skies

Let's get a silver bullet trailer and have a baby boy
    I'll safety pin his clothes all cool and you'll graffiti up his toys
    I've got a perfect body but sometimes I forget
    I've got a perfect body 'cause my eyelashes catch my sweat
    Yes they do, they do

Note I never heard this song before and have no idea what it means, but that doesn't really matter as far as the information conveyed in the lyrics. There might be a deeper meaning but it's still presented in what I would say is a fashion.

Similar to what, being a figure in a modified bible myth? Spektor says quite clearly in the interviews that I posted that the lyrics are fiction, and she even goes so far as to laugh at people who think otherwise. And I've yet to see a strong link with cancer anywhere in the lyrics except within the realm of subjective interpretation and "wut du u tink deez r songz abut" websites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Regina
    I was always used to observing and writing third-person narrative stories about things I was seeing.

I think it's pretty clear she's writing about things she's observing in the real world. This is in contrast to Nicki Minaj who is creating a separate identity to escape the conflict in her world.
    Yet you've argued the opposite before in an attempt to discredit (seems you and I have a little history, hahahahahaha):

Continually redefining your terms is an amusing hokey-pokey. I see your mirror ESC just pulled this same gibberish with Galen in pretending that he didn't mean what said or even say what he said when he said it.
    I make mistakes, since what I said was an ad-hominem, I will revise it. I take my fallacies seriously, what I would say now is whatever I said didn't make your viewpoint suspect, but it does not make the viewpoint better either. So although your perspective doesn't make your view on Hydrangea's type suspect, it doesn't make it better. I don't think my argument is better because I have had personal experience in this situation, but the argument is still valid. Since you have been on both side of this situation too, what's good for me is good for you too. So if your biases don't detract from your argument, my bias also doesn't detract from mine. And this is how we get the ad hominem out of the way.

So yea this:

Quote Originally Posted by me
    My experience with a similar situation has nothing to do with whether or not this is an accurate or reasonable perception
    As far as my arguments thus far, I don't think anything you've said has made it invalid.

I think Regina Spektor writes in a fashion, and is telling us stories which are based on what she has seen/observed/experienced, which is what she says btw.
    This is in contrast to Nicki Minaj who created imaginary identities in order to escape her childhood situation.

But that general post wasn't made until after you'd personally approved some of the general ad homs and general grab-assery. You didn't speak out against it until I'd lit into your flunkies for being stuck on behaviorism, and you haven't warned anyone else for the same behavior since. So I'm not being picked on (nice frame-job, buddy) with your decision to play ping-pong just with me to the exclusion of everything else, but you're doing a good job of showing how your vaunted rules are very selectively enforced.
    I haven't warned anyone at all, it hasn't gotten very abusive, ad hominems are just fallacies and often times aren't abusive, everyone can make mistakes and make a ad hominem, it's hard to figure out what exactly constitutes one a lot of the time, however it shouldn't be the main means of argument. I sometimes tell people to be constructive without it being a warning, it's not like anything has been spoiler-ed or warned by me in this thread.

I liked those posts when the threads started, I think it was Starfall and Glam(which I don't think contained any attacks), and then I didn't look at this thread for a few days. Then I come back to all sort of hijinks a week later.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    Galen had already posted in this thread before the link you gave.
    Galen had also already written to glam prior to the link you gave. (#35)

If you took to the time to see who wrote what and when, it would be obvious that in this thread, there was no "rushing into a discussion he didn't comprehend in order to come to ashton,s defense". Galen was already part of the discusion with glam BEFORE ashton wrote.

In fact, Galen had posted to this thread about 22 hours before Ashton had posted his first comment in this thread.
    Glam, at least in part, referenced Galen's typing of SEI in her post (#33).
    To which Galen responded in his post (#35).
    20 min later, Ashton wrote his short stereotyponics post (#36).

ESC, who had not posted ANYthing on this thread until (#39), both quoted glam and ashton, and accused ashton of logical fallaciousness. So if ANYone was trying to protect their 'cronies', it was ESC jumping in to protect glam.

To which Galen asked ESC how what Ashton had written was any more absurd than what glam had written (#42).
    At which point, ESC (#40) posts disparagingly to Galen, wanting Galen to prove that he was worth ESC,s time. (ironically enough, Galen was willing to spend the next couple of pages putting Galen down and inserting red herrings, drawing Galen away from Galen's conver with Glam.)

So, I'd have to say...when taking in what was actually written, by whom, and when...
    It looks like ESC was the one pulling the supposed "cronyism" thing.
    With thePirate following "cronyism" suite to aide ESC.

But ESC and thePirate's "cronyism" doesn't stop there!

And further, when glam and korpsey (i,ll learn the new name eventually) get into their tiff...
    ESC runs in again to pull the attention off glam.

Then hkkmr steps in, and he and korpsey carry the conver for a while,
    Until thePirate steps in to further his fight with Ashton, while claiming Galen is doing cronyism.
    To which the conver turns to who said SEI first...(resounding answer: Galen) (see Galen's post #15).

And then finally, FINALLY, ESC (#116) answers Galen's questions of post #42....and then, immediately turns the post into bs about cronyism again, as a way of dismissing everything Galen, Ashton, and Korpsey have said about the SEI typing of the OP.

Unfortunately, Galen fell for this red herring of ESC's making.

Once again, the thread degrades into a battle of egos and attacks...
    I step in with my post....uh, does this make me a crony?...or just an irked observer.

Hkkmr and korpsey resume their comver of the actual OP, with a few jabs thrown in.

ThePirate jumps in with supposed proof of Galen's cronyism.. (the quoted post in this post)...
    And now I've provided the real proof of "cronyism" in this thread.

Nothing that Galen, Ashton, nor korpsey have done is any more a sign of "cronyism" than those involving ESC and thePirate, towards helping glam. Shall we start referring to them as Glam's cronies? As hkkmr's cronies? Shall we start referring to this 'group' as the hkGlamians?

(personally, i say NO, as I do believe that while the four are friends, and respect each other, i do think glam and hkkmr have their own minds and do not 'control' the other two. By the same token, expat's bs of guilt-by-association he started years ago as a way of attacking ashton has long lived any possible meaning it may have had. Those who continue to refer to it, imo, aren't much more than disciples, carrying on their previous master's teachings.)

The stupidity on this forum never ceases to mind-boggle me, come on Ann. I thought you were smarter then that.

Galen being in the thread prior to him commenting on that specific post is irrelevant, as well as the other observations you followed up with. I wasn't attacking Ashton or defending ESC, I dont care about the exchanges that followed on between them. You completely misrepresented the intention of my actions, hence your point is moot.

@Galen - The answer to your question wasn't obvious? If you were indeed intellectually deficit enough to not understand the fallacies outlined, did you bother looking them up? I find it very difficult to believe any sort of thought was placed into your reply, but much easier to believe you jumped at the chance to reply to ESC because he pounced on your boner-inducing compadre.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The stupidity on this forum never ceases to mind-boggle me, come on Ann. I thought you were smarter then that.

Galen being in the thread prior to him commenting on that specific post is irrelevant, as well as the other observations you followed up with. I wasn't attacking Ashton or defending ESC, I dont care about the exchanges that followed on between them. You completely misrepresented the intention of my actions, hence your point is moot.
    Just because you choose to ignore the proof because it does not suit your purposes, doesn't mean that the proof isn,t there.
    YOU completely misrepresented the actions and intents of others,
    Thankfully, the proof In this thread is what makes your ego-saving selective bias attempts moot.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Galen - The answer to your question wasn't obvious? If you were indeed intellectually deficit enough to not understand the fallacies outlined, did you bother looking them up? I find it very difficult to believe any sort of thought was placed into your reply, but much easier to believe you jumped at the chance to reply to ESC because he pounced on your boner-inducing compadre.
    Of course I looked them up. I was seeking clarification. I had made a roughly equal claim to Ashton's in my previous post, so I felt ESC's post to be equally as attributable to my comment about stereotypes in socionics as to Ashton's. Pardon me for not having your apparently superior brain, ass.

Seriously dude, what's your problem with me? To the best of my knowledge I have done nothing to you, yet you insist on going after me time and time again.

The stupidity on this forum never ceases to mind-boggle me

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

What I think of this thread.

“We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Way to twist things out of context
    The context is things you've advanced as being Si.

I think it's pretty clear she's writing about things she's observing in the real world. This is in contrast to Nicki Minaj who is creating a separate identity to escape the conflict in her world.
    Oh, so they're both making observations of externalities and then creating narratives and characters in reaction to them.

I make mistakes, since what I said was an ad-hominem, I will revise it. I take my fallacies seriously, what I would say now is whatever I said didn't make your viewpoint suspect, but it does not make the viewpoint better either. So although your perspective doesn't make your view on Hydrangea's type suspect, it doesn't make it better. I don't think my argument is better because I have had personal experience in this situation, but the argument is still valid. Since you have been on both side of this situation too, what's good for me is good for you too. So if your biases don't detract from your argument, my bias also doesn't detract from mine. And this is how we get the ad hominem out of the way.
    I can live with that.

As far as my arguments thus far, I don't think anything you've said has made it invalid.
    Compromise is a better term than invalidate. I'm not necessarily trying to sink your whole ship, just see how well it floats with a few holes poked in it (though I certainly wouldn't mind if it went straight to the bottom). Things aren't always cut and dried, especially with a contradictory and self-concealing thing like a human being. This is why I dislike simplistic, non-cognitive type analyses that rest entirely on comparing apparent behaviors with stereotyped profiles written by...someone or another. Especially with someone like Minaj who presents what I see as conflicting type indicators.

I think Regina Spektor writes in a fashion, and is telling us stories which are based on what she has seen/observed/experienced, which is what she says btw.
    This is in contrast to Nicki Minaj who created imaginary identities in order to escape her childhood situation.
    Fine, but I still think the underlying mechanism is similar. Hence my advocacy for a broad hermeneutic approach that gathers various sorts of evidence to make reasonable deductions about the nature of a given analysand's mental life, so we aren't simply reduced to pointing at behavioral charts and claiming that mere appearances do or don't fit.*

I haven't warned anyone at all, it hasn't gotten very abusive, ad hominems are just fallacies and often times aren't abusive, everyone can make mistakes and make a ad hominem, it's hard to figure out what exactly constitutes one a lot of the time, however it shouldn't be the main means of argument. I sometimes tell people to be constructive without it being a warning, it's not like anything has been spoiler-ed or warned by me in this thread.

I liked those posts when the threads started, I think it was Starfall and Glam(which I don't think contained any attacks), and then I didn't look at this thread for a few days. Then I come back to all sort of hijinks a week later.
    Fair enough, I can't prove otherwise so we'll let that be the official story.

Best thread ever!

Creepy-bg

this thread smells like sex.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Why? Galen typed her 1st as SEI, and I'm inclined to agree that's probably right. So obviously I'm just mimicking him!
    It's not about mimicking this one typing. Stop playing ignorant. I don't really think we need to have this discussion again.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Nicki Minaj is a Beta Extravert (Se-ESTp or EIE). There's no way she's Mariah Carey's identical. Then again in a world where Lady Gaga, Dido, Amy Winehouse, Annie Lennox, Marilyn Monroe, Britney Spears, Thom Yorke [lead singer of Radiohead], Amy Lee [of Evanescence], Nicki Minaj, Mariah Carey, Sharon Osbourne, etc. are all SEI (ISFp), anything's possible.
    Last edited by HERO; 05-10-2013 at 02:06 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Some sort of EP type, haven't looked any further than that.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Robert Christgau reviews (Nicki Minaj):

http://www.robertchristgau.com/get_a...me=Nicki+Minaj

Pink Friday [Young Money/Cash Money, 2010]
    Not only are those not her breasts, at least not the ones her biologicals gave her, but her hair isn't really pink or, wink wink, straight. Not only is the quick-lipped hoyden of the year all "Young Money, Cash Money, yeah I'm Universal" with every upper-case except the "I" discretionary, but she's consorting with Natasha Bedingfield and reminding will.i.am how he did it. Half rapping and half singing, half bragging and half kowtowing, brazening a "punt" rhyme here and proclaiming commonality with "girls that never thought they could win" there, she's proud to be shameless, with the hooks to back it up. She knows well the presumably stolen words of her male collaborator-counterpart Drake: "Everybody dies but not everybody lives." And damn right she calls this living. A

Beam Me Up Scotty [Trapaholics download, 2009]
    This 2009 mixtape, not the more recent Barbie World, is why if not where hards decided a biracial female was street enough. Without undue popping of coochie, she quickly establishes herself as a highly unsisterly, rabidly materialistic "shopaholic" set on becoming "the black Hannah Montana." That way of putting it should have alerted hoodrats unworthy of her hiney implants to the scope of her ambitions; on the other hand, so should "behind every bad bitch there's a really sweet girly-girl." Even her materialism is relative: "Tell Michelle I got my eye on Barack Obama/Tryin' to get that Madonna/You know Hannah Montana [a theme?]/Could find me sittin' Indian-style with the Dalai Lama/I'm meditatin' I'm in cahoots with a higher power." One does wonder, though--once you rhyme "Dalai Lama" and "higher power," do you need Hannah Montana anymore? A-

Roman Reloaded: Deluxe Edition [Cash Money/Universal Republic, 2012]
    Since the positive and negative reviews say pretty much the same thing, we can agree that this is an overstuffed, musically manipulative, thematically directionless bid to put the pink-haired alien on the singles charts until Katy Perry absconds to rehab. She isn't "the female Weezy" or some ill-defined male alter ego. She's an aspiring and most likely inevitable pop queen who raps exceptionally well, sings quite well, rhymes inconsistently but sometimes superbly, and will do anything to be rich and famous. This obviously doesn't make her a heroine. But if you enjoy contemporary pop whose market-tested blare offends both rockist philistines and IDM aesthetes, her second album is a worthwhile investment. It begins strong and, counting the three bonus tracks, ends strong. In between it tends mawkish and loud, neither of which precludes fun, especially with the right cameos. There is, however, a Chris Brown track. (Hey--I said anything.) A-

- agape: Does anyone here watch Americon Idol? I think Angie might be Fe-ENFj; Kree seems Ti-ESTp to me; and Candice might be Fe-dominant...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually months before I ever saw this thread, and was watching American Idol, to me Nicki Minaj seemed SLE-Se (Dominant subtype) [SLE-EIE].

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What she said about the double standard of assertive woman = bitch and assertive man = boss was something I agree on, but we sadly as a society often forget about the reverse scenario as well. The compassionate woman = aww how nice and the compassionate man = what a pussy double standard is equally, if not more so, annoying. By always talking about the former and never the latter, we hurt feminism and prove the detractors right.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah, how did GOLDEN go from considering Ni-INFp for her type to ESTj. This has got to be the work of the Socionics Dogma. From INFp to ENFj to potential ESTj... It's a good substitute for therapy, I guess. Plus it's free, right...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nicki Minaj should get together with Lana Del Rey, scissoring/genital rubbing/tribbing/tribadism style.

"Been trying hard not to get into trouble / But I -- I've got a war in my mind"

http://www.psychohistory.com/htm/eln05_psychogenic.html

"Business cycles, as William K. Joseph has shown, are driven by the manic and depressive cycles of group-fantasy,* as manic defenses against growth panic are followed by depressive collapses into emotional despair and inaction. Indeed, most death rates, car crashes, homicides, cancer, pneumonia, heart and liver diseases rise during prosperous, manic times and are lower during depressions and recessions. [Business Week, July 1, 1996, p. 22.] Only suicide (internal sacrifice) rises during economic declines, reacting to the prevailing group-fantasy need for internal sacrifice."

* William K. Joseph, "Prediction, Psychology and Economics." The Journal of Psychohistory 15(1987): 101-112; William K. Joseph, "Will Peace Panic the Market?" The Journal of Psychohistory 16(1989): 405-409. See also Lloyd deMause, Reagan's America.

Creepy-male

There once lived a beautiful a gracious princess; mysterious and beautiful which originated from the lush and fertile shores of the Nile. Her name was Cleopatra.

Sadly this is not Nicki Minaj, she originates from the lush and fertile shores of New Jersey. Specifically from Queens.

Uh yea, I don't know what else to say lmao.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fireyed View Post
    Yeah, I doubt she's in the same quadra as Mariah Carey, who is commonly typed as alpha SF. They wanted to rip each others heads off.
    I think they're both Beta. Betas fight each other a lot, as do the other quadras to a lesser degree. What I think is happening is a temperament conflict, I.e Ej vs Ip temperament.

The two of them are very similar tho, DIVA... DIVA... DIVA... DIVA.

Also while Nicki's been public trying to do stuff, Mariah's been quietly trying to get the producers to dump Nicki, in the end everyone got fired/quit/and taken out.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A bajillion pages to figure out that she's some type of gamma.

Creepy-male

Yes presence of conflict is not indisputable evidence someone is a conflictor. That's a shallow interpretation imo.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think she's IEI.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sensing type

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When she was on American Idol she struck me as SEE. I could see SLE too though.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SLE - Se

netflix and don't touch me Emmym's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Cannot see her as anything but Fe-ESE in this. Definitely not Beta.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was sad thinking that I don't know Nicki Minaj after years of celebrity.

Then after some thought I was very happy.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SLE. Obvious Beta.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI or ESE

she looks very much like Mariah Carey: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...3-Mariah-Carey

Last edited by yeves; 10-14-2014 at 01:35 AM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yeves View Post
    SEI or ESE

she looks very much like Mariah Carey: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...3-Mariah-Carey
    As judges on American Idol (ashamed to admit i've watched later seasons of that show) they hated each other and fought all of the time. Nicki was more direct while Mariah was more passive aggressive. Not saying it wasn't just for TV, because it might've been, but, even so, they seemed pretty different.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    As judges on American Idol (ashamed to admit i've watched later seasons of that show) they hated each other and fought all of the time. Nicki was more direct while Mariah was more passive aggressive. Not saying it wasn't just for TV, because it might've been, but, even so, they seemed pretty different.
    Nicki has admitted on Ellen that they fought because they were way too similar to each other.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

SEI sx/so, possibly 3w2 or 2w3

she makes an impression on me of being deeply unhappy for some reason

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast