Sex, drugs, or anything else dependant upon something outside of yourself don't count here.

I seem to be having some problems relaxing, and I'm looking for advice on how to do this. Even though I consider my lifestyle to be relatively easy and stress free, I think I've developed a stress/tension related sort of injury in my foot. A certain cluster of nerves/vains is swollen, and from time to time it twitches, oddly. I'm getting it looked at tomorrow, but I suspect if is mostly a tension thing.

So... what's a good thing to to do calm down yourself, specifically your body?

I don't even recognize the tensions I maintain at times, and sometimes it's even worse when I know I have to turn if off but I cannot. I spent the rest of my day after classes laying in my bed, with my laptop, and didn't allow myself to do any work (though slacking off isn't too hard to do, anyways). But at least it was reasonable - my foot, that is: on the way home from my classes today, it was really sort of uncomfortable, but I think that is because I was nervous, and maybe over reacting. I walked to the health center, and they said I'd have to come back tomorrow because they were booked today. Unfortunately, the health center is quite opposite of where I am in terms of the campus, so I have to walk the length of the campus to get there I think I will take my bike tomorrow...

I'm working on breathing tecniques and stuff, but it's irratateing for me, because I don't know how to control the twiching sensatino in my foot, and I generally don't know what to do about it. I don't like depending on others, either, of course. So any solitary activities or strategies for dealing with bodily tension or mental tension or whatever, I'd be willing to hear your thoughts.

PS: I'm curious about stress-eating, too. I don't know if I'm just not eating properly again, of if I'm actually using it as a means to deal with stress, or if I'm overeating and thinking of things that don't really matter.