Thread: Psychotic states are fun

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Psychotic states are fun.

Introverted Sensing:

Can sometimes fear for their health, well-being, or lives when it would seem unrealistic. If they are too removed from the objective world, then they can have these suspecions, such as someone popping up and killing them. These can be relayed onto others as well, so Si might think some unhealthy act happened to a friend. They can also be suspecious of the people around them, talking about them, etc... which is when they display an outward appearence of being tired.

Introverted Intuition:

Can sometimes believe in what is not truely there. They can also seem lost without these beliefs. Because of this they may need some sort of dominating figure to be direct with them; forgetting about their beliefs. They may become afraid of their bodies and feel that their bodies are prisons. This leads them to become compulsive about their senses and how they relate to the outside world.

Extraverted Intuition:

Trouble with identifying their identity. They may go to great lengths to deconstruct their entire outward appearence to put on a new "mask", and test out what is their "true" self. May not stick with any one thing for too long. May also be unstable in terms of their senses, which means that they can sink to an infantile form of hedonism; drugs, alchohol, etc...

Extraverted Sensing:

May be unsure of what to believe in or where to go in life. If someone questions, they may loose their confidence. They will be careful with forcing others to belive in what they do. The may irrationally grab something and hold onto it if it makes them feel at ease. Anything to relieve them of the chaos.

Introverted Thinking:

Dreads closeness with others. May (wrongfully) believe that the way they deal with people is innappropriate. Can start to get neurotic ideas about relationships or the opposite sex. Can sometimes hide their fears with a child-like outward appearence as a boundary. Becomes scared when asked to voice what they really feel.

Extraverted Thinking:

Can start to convince themselves that their moral values are sound even when they are off-based. Becomes angry when they are doubted by others. Incredibally resistant to faking or exaggerating emotions. They start to destroy all solid interpersonal relationships when they are not kept under close watch.

Extraveted Feeling:

Becomes nervous when they don't know how they should feel and express themselves. Feels like they are slaves to proper social procedure. They have a hard time thinking other things that they cannot feel, so when they are unable to get some sort of emotional response out of people, they instinctively spark a reaction.

Introverted Feeling:

Can think that they know something when they really don't. Believes that they can tell what other people are thinking. They may put together or rearrange the facts in a completely illogical way if they are put under pressure.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are these all pulled out of Jung's Psychological Types?
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    Are these all pulled out of Jung's Psychological Types?
    ... somewhat...

His general idea of what problems people of certain types can have, but I wrote it while thinking about actual people. Anyway, I though it was important to draw attention to it because these types of things are often ignored.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Clearance level: 10 (9 is maximum) Fermi's Avatar
    TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

c-cant grab on.. have.. to... fight!

I think I almost am in such a period! EMO PERIOD WOHOO!!

or psychozis or what ever..
    is like a wet kiss on the cheek and a warm hug by a cute smiling girl.
    is the confetti shots on your birthday party with all your friends.
    is a way to completely rip apart the face of god and stare directly at the naked universe.
    is like over here and then over there and they are all connected and I am on amphetamine.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder who he was thinking of when he wrote Ne...
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    I wonder who he was thinking of when he wrote Ne...
    Now don't be so self-centered. :wink: You're not the only Ne dominant person I can think of.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally agree.

I find my body repulsive.
    Why can't everyone just be this nothing blob with our minds and hearts floating about? Huh?

dreamer wrote:
    I have headaches.

1) My eyesight is like totally screwed up. One eye sees things smaller and the other makes things bigger so my brain is playing a sort of ping pong.

2) And there's another ping pong thing. Back to the topic. I seem to have like...two little creatures on each shoulder except it's not good and evil, it's like idealistic/dreamy/optimistic and the other is dark/insecure/paranoid/realistic maybe and I constantly go back and forth. I see my ex crush in one view sometimes and other sometimes in another view and it's like ARG, who is he.

I'm very far removed from reality when it comes to my own issues. When it comes to other people, I can be quite logical and maybe even GASP realistic. Like my friend wants to go to college in London and I'm like, hello, they have different food over there and she's a parents' baby so I was like uhmmm no honey.
    INFP

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Hmmm. And, hmm. So, did you write these with anyone here in mind? Or just random other people you know?
    other people mostly
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Creepy-

and for me, in that order.

And, Rocky, the title of this thread is soooooooooo . Psychotic states are fun :wink:

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would you define these states as "psychotic"?

That said, you've concretely defined many traits observed only in individuals who have only four differentiated functions.

I'd like to hear more.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds correct... but only for the first function, IMO.

Heh. I think my brother is INTp.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    Why would you define these states as "psychotic"?
    Why do you have to be J?

They can lead to paranoid behavior.

That said, you've concretely defined many traits observed only in individuals who have only four differentiated functions.

I'd like to hear more.
    Since I'm unsure of exactly who would be a cross-type, maybe you should entertian us and continue.

@Joy: the Si one sounded correct to you?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're saying these traits apply to more than one type at once. For example, you say all IS types are prone to feeling paranoia about people's motivations. That's inline with the way an ISxx personality experiences the world: the world is out for itself, everyone is manipulating everybody else. Manipulation is a way of life for ISxx people.

So when we define a trait that is experienced by a range of parallel types, then you are defining a characteristic of a person who exists as a cross-section of all those types.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rocky, yes. VERY much so.

tcaudilllg... I wish I could hit you. Watch this VERY carefully...

ISFp: SiFe
    ISFj: FiSe
    ISTp: SiTe
    ISTj: TiSe

So you see, Si does NOT mean ISxx.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I was describing independant functions.

Do you also think that Jung was describing cross-types? I doubt it. If that were the case, then why would I also agree with so much of his Extraverted Thinking type (my order of relatedness to Jungs description are listed roughly in my sig).
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Then you must be different in reality than you are here. You just seem more direct than a feeling type to be honest.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You asked me about Si, didn't you? A lot of people would say that I'm a hypochondriac, and for most of my life I was VERY paranoid about intruders and whatnot when I was trying to sleep. Ironically, I sleep better living in the ghetto than I did living in much nicer communities. I also worry sometimes about my loved ones being in painful car accidents or being kidnapped and tortured. Usually when I find myself thinking about that sort of thing, I direct myself right to a bottle of 5-HTP because I know my seratonin levels are low.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joy, interesting.

I posted this a LONG time ago about Si.

In socionics, the dual-seeking function is more of a "pseudo-function"; a fake strength. You use your 5th function, but when you do, it is a more twisted form of the pure function. The 5th funciton exists because of repression of the 3rd function. After you try and push your 3rd function down (by the 1st), your 5th function is naturally created, subconciousley.

For example, Si. In Si dominant types, you can see that they have Ne, but it is a more dark form of it. Si dominant types have intuitions, but they aren't really "true" intuitions like the Ne dominant types, because the Si types can start to invision the worst possible scenarios when something happens. This happens in a case where they were waiting to meet someone, but that person happens to be late. They will start to think that the person might have gotten into an accident, or robbed, or some other silly thing that is actually detached from what you would normally percieve to happen.

And, yeah, SLIs and SEIs can get suspicious or nerotic at times. I think it's because we have intuitions, but they are more "weak" or "archaic" so they might subconciously put together the worst case senario. Another example I can think of is an SEI friend of mine. She saw another one of her friends ride his bike home, in the rain, but then tried calling him on his cell phone but he never answered. Then she starting telling me things like he most have been hit with a car, or kidnapped, and other crazy things along those lines. The funny thing is, as an outside observer, I didn't believe it and just told her she was crazy, but if it happened to me (and I can think of similar situations), then I would have thought the same thing.

As for me, I might go in to my basement one night, then start to think that a murderor is hiding somewhere amongst the mess, start to get an adrenaline rush, and have the urge to get out of the basement as soon as possible. Weird.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not as bad as I used to be. I used to think of what I would do if someone broke into the house. My plan was to get Travis and climb onto the garage roof, lower myself to the ground, and then have him jump and catch him. As a kid I had a hard time walking past windows if it was dark out and the curtain or shade wasn't closed. I would be afraid that someone was watching and would see me and try to break in and hurt me.

I can't watch the news because when I hear about the horrible stuff that happens to kids, I can't help but picture it happening to Travis, and it haunts me. I also used to get up in the middle of the night to go check on him to make sure he was okay. Now I just check on him after he goes to sleep and before I go to bed, then again sometimes before I actually go to sleep. :wink:

I also used to think I was pregnant all the time. I'd get obsessed and buy pregnancy tests too soon to tell, and then end up buying another before even having any actual evidence that I was pregnant. I've joked many times that if I should have invested in EPT. I have also gone to the doctor thinking that I had MS or lupis or cancer or some other serious condition (yes, this happened several times).

These days most of my worries involve letting people down. I feel obligated, for example, to go visit a relative that I REALLY REALLY do not want to go see because I don't want that person to feel bad. I HATE feeling obligated to do things. It's nice to have Peter here to tell me that I don't need to. I generally do what I can to avoid disappointing people, but he lets me know when I'm expecting the unreasonable out of myself.

There's this plumbing code class that I've been taking that I HATED. It was all about the materials, pitches, lengths, and sizes of pipes. I couldn't pay attention to save my life! It was VERY VERY frustrating and stressful because I knew it was unlikely that I'd pass the class without putting forth an insane amount of effort and taking more stimulants than is healthy. I put of dropping the class until halfway through because I didn't want to disappoint my boss. I ended up having an anxiety attack because I SO did not want to go, but I couldn't handle the idea of having a conversation with him about it. He didn't even end up being upset.

So yeah. When I'm worried about any of these things, it consumes me. I guess I'm more anxious than a lot of people are.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not as bad as I used to be. I used to think of what I would do if someone broke into the house. My plan was to get Travis and climb onto the garage roof, lower myself to the ground, and then have him jump and catch him. As a kid I had a hard time walking past windows if it was dark out and the curtain or shade wasn't closed. I would be afraid that someone was watching and would see me and try to break in and hurt me.

I can't watch the news because when I hear about the horrible stuff that happens to kids, I can't help but picture it happening to Travis, and it haunts me. I also used to get up in the middle of the night to go check on him to make sure he was okay. Now I just check on him after he goes to sleep and before I go to bed, then again sometimes before I actually go to sleep. :wink:
    This part sounds like me.

Joy, you are slowely starting to let me consider the possibility that there may be a slight chance that you are an ISFP. :wink:
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think that there will ever be a time that more than 80% of people here are convinced that I'm any type. I am too feelery to be ENTp, too assertive to be ISFp, too silly and messy to be an ESFj. Too dynamic and feelery to be an INTj, and too Alpha to be anything else.*sighs* That's what happens when you grow up in an environment that doesn't reward your first two functions... you end up not being exactly like your type description. That seems to be too much for most people to deal with though.
    SEE

Creepy-aurora_faerie

I also used to think I was pregnant all the time. I'd get obsessed and buy pregnancy tests too soon to tell, and then end up buying another before even having any actual evidence that I was pregnant. I've joked many times that if I should have invested in EPT. I have also gone to the doctor thinking that I had MS or lupis or cancer or some other serious condition (yes, this happened several times).

These days most of my worries involve letting people down. I feel obligated, for example, to go visit a relative that I REALLY REALLY do not want to go see because I don't want that person to feel bad. I HATE feeling obligated to do things. It's nice to have Peter here to tell me that I don't need to. I generally do what I can to avoid disappointing people, but he lets me know when I'm expecting the unreasonable out of myself.

There's this plumbing code class that I've been taking that I HATED. It was all about the materials, pitches, lengths, and sizes of pipes. I couldn't pay attention to save my life! It was VERY VERY frustrating and stressful because I knew it was unlikely that I'd pass the class without putting forth an insane amount of effort and taking more stimulants than is healthy. I put of dropping the class until halfway through because I didn't want to disappoint my boss. I ended up having an anxiety attack because I SO did not want to go, but I couldn't handle the idea of having a conversation with him about it. He didn't even end up being upset.

So yeah. When I'm worried about any of these things, it consumes me. I guess I'm more anxious than a lot of people are.

I relate to a lot of this, especially the bolded paragraph.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm re-reading what I wrote... and some of it sounds more like Fe than Si. What do you think?
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I quoted sounded like Si and what Kelly bolded sounded like Fe.

*sigh*
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tcaudilllg... I wish I could hit you. Watch this VERY carefully...

ISFp: SiFe
    ISFj: FiSe
    ISTp: SiTe
    ISTj: TiSe

So you see, Si does NOT mean ISxx.
    Whatever.

There is a difference between "Si" and Introverted Sensing. I'll explain it later.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know dumbass. This thread is about Si, Ti, Fe, Ne, etc.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone else always look around for cameras when they go into a public restroom?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. I'm sure I've done crazier stuff though.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI subtype

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahahahhahahhaahahahah

that was a good chuckle

you could just squirt it out onto a paper towel
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI subtype

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(: I am pretty good with those sorts of ideas when I'm observing other people. I tend to do things the hard way sometimes though, not realizing that there is an easier way of doing it.
    SEE